Pittsburgh Pirates Employee Reviews in United States

Fun Workplace
Ticket Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2016
Easy place to work, pretty relaxed though not always organized but was one of the best places I ever got to experience. Pay can be tight but the benefits are good and people are amazing down there.
Productive and fun place to work although pay is not great.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 19, 2015
The Pirates are a great place to work. There are opportunities to climb the ladder if you work hard. The hardest part of the job is that there is no free parking downtown.
Fun, great people and atmosphere
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 27, 2015
This was a very fun place to work, the environment was unlike any other. I have met great people that I have both worked with and helped through my job. It helped me build people skills and gave me more confidence when interacting with new people.
Great plce to work
Inside Sales Represntative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2015
If you want to be in sports this is the place to be. Great work environment with a motivated and supportive staff. Hard work is rewarded.
This was a college assignment
Ticket Sales Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 12, 2015
I was a student selling tickets for them for a class while I was in college. I had nothing to do with the Pittsburgh Pirates organization because we were just selling them from a class and the professor set everything up so all we had to do as students was sell the tickets, keep track of who we sold to and picked the tickets up and distributed them.
This was my 5th team as i joined them mid season
Pro Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 3, 2015
I joined them after leaving the Phillies in mid season as the Pirated were trying to beef up for the playoff drive to try to win the pennant
Pros
Playing with players that i had played against for so many years
Cons
Not getting as much playing time as i had hoped
Business Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 3, 2015
This job has taught me about myself. I have grown as a young adult and was able to learn what I can handle and how to juggle many tasks at once.
Trying to live the dream was a great opportunity
Professional Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 11, 2015
Playing ball almost everyday was a blessing. Its was tough going thru all the injuries but wouldn't change anything. I met alot of great people along the way and my teammates were awesome. The toughest part was traveling in the minor leagues and playing the game i love was the best part
Love this place!
Crew (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Best job ever! the people are amazing and what is better than cheering on your favorite baseball team with 50 thousand people!
Fun job, poor leadership
Clubhouse/Equipment Attendant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 30, 2014
Great position, lots of opportunity to learn. Around many great people and leaders but direct management is subpar. Overall, positive experience.
Ticket Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 21, 2014
It was an incredible place to work. Everyone is super nice and everyone tries to work together to make things easier for everyone. Is a little difficult to advance if you don't know the right people. Get free tickets to all games.
Pros
free tickets
Cons
tough to advance
sales (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2014
Great place to work, learn from the best! Great leadership, great perks! Nice commission.
Pirate Pals
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh PennsylvaniaJuly 16, 2014
On a typical workday I get excited every time I'm there. The people I work with are amazing, and the atmosphere is unreal. I start my workday usually running ticket line and check fans tickets as they come in and answer their questions. Once i'm done running ticket line, I have a break then go to Club & Suite Levels to give other co workers their break. Once that is completed I become a Roamer. Which I go around and answer fans questions, assist them to food venues, tell fans to stop smoking because it's a smoke free facility.
What i've learned at PNC Park...a lot. No game day is the same, fans come from all over to cheer on their teams, they also speak in other languages, sometimes their deaf even mute and assisting them is very important. I learned that you work as a team, having a bubbly personalty and making sure the fan is happy is the most important thing.
Management isn't that difficult, you always are in a buddy system so you never do anything alone. If there's a problem you call up to the Guest Services office and work out the situation from there.
My co-workers are the best! Everyone gets along with each other, it's like one giant family. You help each other out, and give high fives even hugs just for being a wonderful person to work with.
The hardest part of the job, is handling a drunk person in the proper manner before they enter the ball park (which we don't allow if very intoxicated) they can be aggressive and mean. Show them respect and have security escort them to their vehicles.
The most enjoyable part of the job, is the job itself. Never know what to expect
  more... or what will happen. But just being surrounded by a sport I love, enthusiastic fans and great coworkers I can ask for a better job!  less
Pros
great with scheduling, friendly atmosphere, super nice boss and supervisors, sweet co-workers, work as a team environment
Cons
working the rotunda, no healthcare, wearing pants no shorts
Fantastic Learning Experience
Ballpark Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 3, 2014
I was the Ballpark Operations Intern. I assisted with the setup and management of all ballpark events.
Coaching kids
Community Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 22, 2014
Coaching the youth is always a rewarding experience, helping them better themselves on the wrestling mat.
Great place to work if you like sports
Game Day Security (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 26, 2013
This is a great place to work, if you like sports and interacting with people. The management takes care of you, and even though there are over 100 people on the game day staff, the supervisor knows you by name. I enjoyed working there and hope to continue next season.
Pros
watching baseball, interacting with fans, gaining experience in security
Cons
unpredictibility of games, weather delays
Demanding, busy yet fun atmosphere.
Florida Operations Intern (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 29, 2013
Setting up and working events to promote Pirates Baseball. Working Spring Training and Minor League games including but not limited to implementing in-game promotions from inning to inning. Preparing stadium for transition from Spring Training to Minor League Seasons.
productive an fun workplace with design
Graphic design assistant (Former Employee) –  pittsburgh,paJanuary 15, 2013
Employee of the month Assist senior designer with graphic artwork and printing
Productive and Fun Work atmoshpere
Strength and Conditioning Coach (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 18, 2012
The day would start before the sun comes up mostly setting up equipment needed for the early morning activities to get the players prepared for the day. I learned alot about organizational skills, being a leader, and time management to allow for things to flow. The other strength coaches and I got along great. The hardest part of the job is the grind of everday. The enjoyable part was being around the players and ineracting with them. Watching the young players development into men.
A fun summer job for college students
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  pittsburgh, paJune 18, 2012
It was a typical college summer job. The people you worked with were fun and hard workers. It was enjoyable working with guests at the ballpark because it was an entertainment venue.

4.5