Pittsburgh Pirates Employee Reviews

4 years part-time position
Concessions-Part-time Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 28, 2017
The management that started in Spring of 2016 and wanted their own crew...
Most of us in our department became a family working together for 4+ years together or more. We were a well oiled machine of highly dedicated, Hard-working (under allot of pressure at times), fun, customer service based Employees... New management didn't give anyone a modicum of respect, supervisors or employees..
I couldn't have worked with a better crew for a part-time, low paying, fun, 2nd job..
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
no respect from management
beautiful field with amazing views, but poor management
Dugout Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2017
the management for the overnight cleaners was very poor. items needed to complete the job would go missing with no clear way to track it down. when management did help, the task of finding the supplies was more daunting than the actually task of cleaning. and the pay i was receiving wasn't worth all the work that goes into cleaning the dugouts at all. on top of that, i have to pay to park my car when i worked.
Pros
working at pnc park
Cons
management
productive work place
Concession Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLApril 16, 2017
I enjoyed my time as a concession stand supervisor. the job was very demanding and time consuming. My skills as a supervisor were greatly in creased due to the diversity in my staff.
Pros
being part of ther Pirates family
Cons
no being able to see many games
Worked from Philadelphia
Baseball Intern (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 8, 2017
Assisted scouting and baseball staff from Philadelphia while completing my degree. By creating draft databases and researching high school and college prospects while finishing my degree from Philadelphia, I was able to learn about database management, research and development, and time management.
Great Place to work
Guest Relations (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 17, 2017
Everyone here is very happy and upbeat. Its an excellent community to be a part of. They teach you everything you need to know and couldn't be nicer.
Provided stadium security during MLB baseball games
MLB Security Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 13, 2017
Provided stadium security during MLB baseball games through crowd control, preventing ticket holders from brining in dangerous objects/contraband along with both identifying and reporting unruly behavior. Assisted setup and breakdown during weddings and corporate events.
Day-to-day Operations
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 9, 2017
The environment was amazing! I learned so much in my short time there as a temp that it has made me want to pursue Human Resources as my career job.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Was a Temp
Good work environment
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PADecember 19, 2016
Good people, with good mission. Work was fun and different every day. Good to work with people from all around. Good employees.
Welcoming and energetic atmosphere
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 9, 2016
Working with the Pittsburgh Pirates has allowed for some fantastic learning experiences over the past two years. The co-workers are welcoming and always willing to help you out because once hired, you are a part of a family.
Great environment and friendly people with great management and customer service
Security (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PANovember 6, 2016
I enjoyed working security for the Pittsburgh Pirates for the past three summers. I met a lot of good people and I learned a lot about good customer service as well as being aware of my surroundings to keep people safe and enjoy their experience at Pirate games.
Pros
Friendly people, good management, good learning experience
Cons
Distance, hours
Ball Girl
ball girl (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 18, 2016
Working with this company has been great. It is an awesome atmosphere filled with great people and talented athletes. Its not really working when you like your job.
Productive and fun place to work
Director of Diversity and Community Development (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PA 15212September 8, 2016
Directly responsible for the development and implementation of public relations and market initiatives to target Pittsburgh diverse markets with a goal of increasing attendance and goodwill among all fans.
Developed marketing communication strategic plans and tactics to market the Pittsburgh Pirates and its services.
Great hardworking co-workers and staff.
very fun to work down there, you will meet a lot of people
Tour Porter (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 26, 2016
Typical day at work was I would start in the press and walk my way down to ground level. History of the Pirates, Coworkers were great the hardest part of the job is the turnovers. Most enjoyable partof the job is to see the kids smile .
Pros
you get to go in a lot of different places that guest cant go in
Cons
pay
Fun Workplace
Ticket Operations Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 25, 2016
Easy place to work, pretty relaxed though not always organized but was one of the best places I ever got to experience. Pay can be tight but the benefits are good and people are amazing down there.
Productive and fun place to work although pay is not great.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 19, 2015
The Pirates are a great place to work. There are opportunities to climb the ladder if you work hard. The hardest part of the job is that there is no free parking downtown.
Fun, great people and atmosphere
Guest Relations (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 27, 2015
This was a very fun place to work, the environment was unlike any other. I have met great people that I have both worked with and helped through my job. It helped me build people skills and gave me more confidence when interacting with new people.
Great plce to work
Inside Sales Represntative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 24, 2015
If you want to be in sports this is the place to be. Great work environment with a motivated and supportive staff. Hard work is rewarded.
This was a college assignment
Ticket Sales Student Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 12, 2015
I was a student selling tickets for them for a class while I was in college. I had nothing to do with the Pittsburgh Pirates organization because we were just selling them from a class and the professor set everything up so all we had to do as students was sell the tickets, keep track of who we sold to and picked the tickets up and distributed them.
This was my 5th team as i joined them mid season
Pro Baseball Player (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAAugust 3, 2015
I joined them after leaving the Phillies in mid season as the Pirated were trying to beef up for the playoff drive to try to win the pennant
Pros
Playing with players that i had played against for so many years
Cons
Not getting as much playing time as i had hoped
Business Environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 3, 2015
This job has taught me about myself. I have grown as a young adult and was able to learn what I can handle and how to juggle many tasks at once.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pittsburgh Pirates. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4