Pivot Physical Therapy Employee Reviews

Management are rude
Manager (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDNovember 12, 2017
Management talks awful to employees. Most of the employees are two faced and they would talk and spread rumors. Manager had her favorites and left them get away with anything
Pros
hours
Cons
mangement . health insurance is worthless
Horrbile place to work as far as moral was concerned
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  Linwood, PANovember 1, 2017
Pivot PT bought out Dynamic PT in February of 2017. Since taking over, the moral has dropped and people were let go. Management from Pivot was never on location unless someone was going to be let go. The office used to be a relaxed fun place to work until they took over. No longer is it a "family run" company where you knew everyone. It became very sterile and unpleasant.
Pros
Black friday was a day off
Cons
low moral
Educational and team approach to therapy.
Steve Kraus Trained TMD Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAOctober 24, 2017
Very supportive staff and management. Typical work day is busy and balanced. Current on advances in medical treatments and encourages and offers open communication between referral sources and clinicians.
Pros
Positive work environment, team approach.
Cons
Large company, continued growth.
Unappreciated Work Place
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCOctober 19, 2017
They don't really appreciate their employees, unless you are a Physical Therapist yourself. Employees are not held accountable for their actions, and get away with things regardless of company policies.
Overall happy
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDOctober 3, 2017
Started with company as Dynamic, became Pivot Physical Therapy and overall happy with the changes.

I'm happy with my co-workers and our workplace environment, my hours/shifts, overall management.
my work
Front Office Coordinator and Claims appeals writer (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDSeptember 15, 2017
It's an ok place to work. I loved working with the office manger. My direct manger you never knew what type of day you would have with her. She needs some classes on people skills.
Welcoming environment with excellent therapists
Clinical Experience II (Former Employee) –  Wexford, PAJuly 24, 2017
This is an excellent company who puts patient care first. The therapists and support staff are excellent and are very helpful, both for new graduates and for students.
Day to day stress over the bottom line
Front Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 28, 2017
I have not had the best experience with this company since they bought the company I was working for. They have tripled health insurance and the turn over of employees has increased dramatically. They chopped annual bonuses, and seem to have little concern for getting to know their existing employees.
Pros
The patients are awesome.
Cons
Severe cuts in annual bonuses and health insurance
Nice place to work.
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Collections (Former Employee) –  Westminster, MDJune 14, 2017
The billing office that I worked in was great. As with any company there are always a few employees that seem to slide through there day, not being productive. I am all about work ethics, you are paid to work, not socialize. Relaxed environment. Busy all day long. I liked the accounts receivable position. Hardest part of the job, was a few bad eggs.
Pros
relaxed atmosphere
Cons
for as big as the co. is healthcare could have been cheaper
Nice Co-workers
Office Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Northern VirginiaJune 12, 2017
Its nice that it is a corporate company, therefore it has a structural layout for work. BUT, upper management doesn't really care for non-physical therapist personnel. If you're a therapist, you will be babied here, its great. If you're a office worker, eh, good luck somewhere else, unless you want to get a little of experience under your belt. For myself, I have almost 10 years of medical experience, and my skills are not used, I haven't learned anything, and there is no advancement at all for FOCs. Insurance is expensive, but other than that they offer pretty good benefits.
Pros
Slow paced
Interesting and well informing
Shadowing (Former Employee) –  Urbana, MDJune 11, 2017
At the Pivot Physical Therapy clinic in Urbana I was able to acquire 40 shadowing hours under a professional. It was a really interesting experience and my eagerness to learn more about physical therapy only grew from there.
Physical therapy tech
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 28, 2017
A typical day at work started off with getting the charts from the files and organizing them for the Physical Therapists, then greeting the patients and reminding them of their routine; when they were finished they would get ice and then be working with the therapist. After the last patient came, we would wipe the tables down, and set up for the techs the next day. From this job I learned how to talk to the patients, how to make them feel comfortable and to trust me in my daily job, as well as handling multiple tasks. The hardest part of the job was remembering what all of the exercises were for each patient and which body parts they involved.
Cons
Strict management
Overall Work - Life Balance
Medical Office Insurance Collector (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MD 21157April 19, 2017
This is a very good place to work. There is a good work life balance and the people are genuine and care. The hardest part of the job it taking all the elements of insurance collection and putting them together in your mind so that they make sense. There are a lot of levels to this job and I am still learning. If you are looking for a challenge you will get one with this job. The manager is cool and down to earth as well as my team lead. This is a growing establishment.
Pros
flexible and casual
Cons
Exciting job with wonderful environment!
Tech/Aide (Current Employee) –  Butler, PAMarch 27, 2017
I've had nothing but wonderful experiences working with Pivot Physical Therapy. Great staff and great therapists. I would recommend working here for those who would love a great place to work and a happy environment to walk into everyday!
Great people and great environment
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 23, 2017
As a PT tech you get a view into the career of a physical therapist. You get to learn many techniques and exercises that are used to treat along with many of the confusing acronyms. What is expected of you is that you work hard while you are at work. You will help patients go through their exercises, clean up the tables and any other exercise equipment after patients, help get heat pack or cold packs and be personable. The management is very flexible as far as hours so it is a great place to work through school.
Pros
Flexible, good experience
Great place to learn
Physical Therapy Technician (Former Employee) –  College Park, MDFebruary 10, 2017
Physical therapists are very helpful and love teaching the interns about different techniques and PT tools. Typically interns assist patients with their rehab exercises and apply different modalities to affected areas.
Pros
patients bring food
Too Corporate
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 28, 2016
Pivot Physical therapy operates too corporately and thus makes wholesale changes instead of looking at each clinics' needs individually.
Productive and fun place to work
Intern (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, MDAugust 10, 2016
Very organized and well put together clinic. Working amongst physical therapists who want nothing more than their patients to get better is contagious. Their attitudes and personalities made coming to work everyday enjoyable.
Pros
Lots of breaks (if not as busy)
Productive Workplace with New Plans in place for Success
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MDAugust 8, 2016
This company is growing everyday and continuously making needed change. Gaining employees to continue to grow with over 40 facilities in MD, PA and VA.
Pros
great hours
Cons
pay could be better
since merging and renaming, not a good place to work for
previous patient (Former Employee) –  DelawareMay 2, 2016
since merging this therapy facility is not a good place to work for or a place i would recommend therapy to for anyone.
the upper management simply does not care for their employees.
I have seen them fire someone on the spot for no reason, without warning and have them leave immediately like they had done something horribly wrong.... People I knew were good, kind, knowledgeable and caring. There is a huge push for profit put on every facility, not a caring of the environment or those in it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pivot Physical Therapy. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9