Pivotal Retail Group Employee Reviews

Awesome Experience with a Growing Company
Mapping Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 13, 2017
I was employed with Pivotal Retail Group from February 2016 - January 2017.

It was great experience working in growing company with a "family" feel to it. Both peers and supervisors were courteous and willing to assist in big and small matters.

The day begins at 8:00 a.m. and most of the time you continue working on projects which were previously assigned, before getting updated assignments. Everyone is working on some thing which I found motivating.

Management was really approachable and everyone seemed dedicated to accomplishing tasks as a team.

I give them my highest recommendations.
Pros
Friendly Environment, Competitive Promotions, Good Hours
Cons
Work during most holidays, Lack of sick days
Fast paced environment with many different varying tasks
Merchandising Project Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 16, 2017
job took place at home depot stores where you would do many different task to aid the stores appearance. The work consisted of overnights where you would work with a team of people the same level as you and there would be one lead in charge of what is suppose to be done. Learned how to read planograms to correctly stock store shelves.
Horrible Managment
Store Planner (Current Employee) –  Dublin, CAAugust 16, 2017
The managment at Ross is a mess. They don't know what they want, constantly change directions and do not give credit where credit is due. This job has very high stress and very high turn over. You are expected to take over everyone's work that has left and do it with a smile on your face.
Pros
Free breakfast Fridays.
Cons
High stress, unclear direction, and no rewards.
Love the people
Lead Plannogramer (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 15, 2017
Dont know what to put for 150 characters.... Good group of people.. some think the corporate way is the only way.... others not... keep to yourself and its great
Pros
Great group
Cons
new people trying to be corporate
Challanging position- Space planner Ross Corporate
Site Planner (Current Employee) –  Ross Corporate - Dublin, CAAugust 8, 2017
This position is extremely fast paced, with a very strong demand for minute accuracy. Changes to process and drawings come back to the team weekly sometimes daily. Management waffles back and forth on what should be on the drawings.
Pros
Free Breakfast every other Friday. The team is good to work with.
Cons
Very stressful work environment
Nice People
Project Merchandising Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJune 20, 2017
There was a lot of travel involved in the postition. We were from state to state and were on a tight schedule. If we were behind we would spend 12 plus hours per day on our feet to get the job done. I liked the people I worked with and I learned a lot about myself.
Pros
The culture
Cons
Travel
Good work balance and exposure to major corporate clients
Business Analyst - Home Depot (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAMay 18, 2017
Good job balance - usually does not require overtime. Contract employee for major corporations. Project oriented work with client. Good exposure to companies and company cultures.
Pros
40 hour week
Cons
Limited advancement
Overall a good place to work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMay 11, 2017
A typical day at work involves communicating with a large group of customers and assisting in the completion/execution of their projects or needs. I have learned a lot about the retail industries and just how many different facets there are. The management is good. It is better in some divisions as opposed to others in my experience. The culture seems to still be getting established. The company is young, but it is going in the right direction. The most enjoyable part of the job is providing support and learning so much about the customers and their businesses.
Pros
Work Life Balance, New Benefits, Opportunity to grow
Cons
Culture, Undefined Mission and Values
My Opinion of Pivotal Retail Group Workplace
Project Merchandising Professional (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAApril 18, 2017
A typical day at work would be coming to work on time and heading to your work place to get the day started. I learned how to build fixtures, great team building skills,organized and located inventory and updated store spreadsheet,visual display installation as part of a retail store reset, remodel or grand opening. Management is very lazy. I would say he hardest part of the job is getting to your destination. The most enjoyable part I would have to say is traveling and coming home at the end of a successful work day
Pivotal Retail Group
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2017
Pivotal Retail is an extremely fast growing company with a lot of potential. If you are willing to work hard there is opportunity to grow. Upper management has growing pains and often falls back on the "good ol' boy" club instead of finding smart qualified talent to help the company improve. In my experience HR does not take the employees side but rather finds the quickest way to make the problem disappear. If you can keep your head down and not report any problems then you should do fine.
Pros
Salaried employees have the option to work from home, benefits offered are fantastic, employees are quick to adopt you as "family"
Cons
Management is so afraid of lawsuits that they let the hourly people do next to nothing, any complaints or claims of harassment will not be taken seriously and dismissed quickly

Want to know more about Pivotal Retail Group?

Ask a question
Horrible company to work for.
Store Planner (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CANovember 13, 2016
Excessive amounts of overtime were expected. Unqualified supervisors were hired and given no help or training. They do not train employees. Benefits are standard for medical and dental but vacation policy is horrible. Good luck to anyone brave enough to work here.
Pros
Free coffee in the break room
Cons
Eat lunch at desk, bad benefits, bad management
Contractor company for clients in the U.S
CAD Store Planner (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 7, 2015
The company is based in Georgia and have clients all around the U.S. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and was able to work for a client Corporate Retail Company near home.
On the road again
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was a different life experience for me. Working out and getting paid. Well-paying job, opportunities to move up in the company, and also understanding management. If the travel wasn’t too much would still be there today but was very grateful for the opportunity and privileges.
Pros
trvaleing
Cons
couldn't see family often or go to school
N/a
Field Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 9, 2015
do your work and you are left to your own devices. Work load is extreme during busy season but as long as you are on top of your work it is fun
Long distance workplaces with terrible organizational skills
Pivotal Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 17, 2014
My time at Pivotal gave me a lot of skills in terms of Merchandising, but the company itself was not a pleasure to work with. I came in under the pretenses that there would be some travel, but I'd be in state for the most part. With a revolving door of schedules and last minute car rental change-ups it seems more like the company barely understands how to run itself, let alone it's projects. The work itself, when you got down to it was easy. even considering you had to sometimes set heavy steel beams for shelving with just your two hands and a piece of wood. in that aspect the job was easy and enjoyable. but having to redo work you did the previous few nights again and again and again because errors kept appearing in planograms made it frustrating to no end. Co-workers were 50-50. you had some that were fine and happy doing the job. no complaints, some even grizzled ancients with the company. the other 50 were just vile disgusting people that I'd sooner walk home from a project out in texas to get away from.

All in all, It's great pay, for anyone single and doesn't have a social life. Across the 2-3 months I worked at Pivotal I was home maybe 9 days. and that's pushing it.
Pros
Great pay, and benefits
Cons
Poor management, long travel work weeks, and bad co-workers
Fire drills
Field Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 18, 2014
A typical day at work included being able to manage "fire drills" which consisted of evaluating trends in projects that occurred and differentiating the patterns to provide to management. Issue resolution was your job and building key relationships with customers, the field and vendors.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Not the best dental care options
A typical day at work
Temp-Perm (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 1, 2014
My recent job title was Project Support Specialist. It consisted of notifying District Managers via email when Ace Hardware stores had been loaded into the system. I also had to maintain an Excel generated spreadsheet that was reported to my team lead and project manager as well as the Ace consultant(s) in Chicago. There were, at times, changes with the way things were to be done and reported within our department which made my job so interesting. I love being able to help research where problems are and being able to help come up with a solution to correct them. While in this position I was able to learn basic usage of Excel. I worked for an incredible company with some incredible people.
Once an exciting career opportunity
SENIOR DATA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 10, 2013
Was a great company when first started with the company, a great combination of past experiences in different industries accomplishing great things.
Pros
Young company, flexible
Cons
Expensive healthcare, undeveloped training
Wonderful company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2013
One of the Managers has serious issues and made work life difficult. Other then that I have nothing but positive thing to say.
fantastic environment
Field Capital Project Manager  (Current Employee) –  kennesaw,gaJune 27, 2013
just a great bunch of guys to be around, all the time. projects were always talked through with every team member, and direct reports.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pivotal Retail Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9