Pivotal Retail Group Employee Reviews

Horrible company to work for.
Store Planner (Former Employee) –  Dublin, CANovember 13, 2016
Excessive amounts of overtime were expected. Unqualified supervisors were hired and given no help or training. They do not train employees. Benefits are standard for medical and dental but vacation policy is horrible. Good luck to anyone brave enough to work here.
Pros
Free coffee in the break room
Cons
Eat lunch at desk, bad benefits, bad management
Contractor company for clients in the U.S
CAD Store Planner (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAOctober 7, 2015
The company is based in Georgia and have clients all around the U.S. I live in the San Francisco Bay Area and was able to work for a client Corporate Retail Company near home.
On the road again
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 15, 2015
I really enjoyed working for this company. It was a different life experience for me. Working out and getting paid. Well-paying job, opportunities to move up in the company, and also understanding management. If the travel wasn’t too much would still be there today but was very grateful for the opportunity and privileges.
Pros
trvaleing
Cons
couldn't see family often or go to school
N/a
Field Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAMarch 9, 2015
do your work and you are left to your own devices. Work load is extreme during busy season but as long as you are on top of your work it is fun
Long distance workplaces with terrible organizational skills
Pivotal Representative (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GANovember 17, 2014
My time at Pivotal gave me a lot of skills in terms of Merchandising, but the company itself was not a pleasure to work with. I came in under the pretenses that there would be some travel, but I'd be in state for the most part. With a revolving door of schedules and last minute car rental change-ups it seems more like the company barely understands how to run itself, let alone it's projects. The work itself, when you got down to it was easy. even considering you had to sometimes set heavy steel beams for shelving with just your two hands and a piece of wood. in that aspect the job was easy and enjoyable. but having to redo work you did the previous few nights again and again and again because errors kept appearing in planograms made it frustrating to no end. Co-workers were 50-50. you had some that were fine and happy doing the job. no complaints, some even grizzled ancients with the company. the other 50 were just vile disgusting people that I'd sooner walk home from a project out in texas to get away from.

All in all, It's great pay, for anyone single and doesn't have a social life. Across the 2-3 months I worked at Pivotal I was home maybe 9 days. and that's pushing it.
Pros
Great pay, and benefits
Cons
Poor management, long travel work weeks, and bad co-workers
A typical day at work
Temp-Perm (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAJanuary 1, 2014
My recent job title was Project Support Specialist. It consisted of notifying District Managers via email when Ace Hardware stores had been loaded into the system. I also had to maintain an Excel generated spreadsheet that was reported to my team lead and project manager as well as the Ace consultant(s) in Chicago. There were, at times, changes with the way things were to be done and reported within our department which made my job so interesting. I love being able to help research where problems are and being able to help come up with a solution to correct them. While in this position I was able to learn basic usage of Excel. I worked for an incredible company with some incredible people.
Once an exciting career opportunity
SENIOR DATA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GASeptember 10, 2013
Was a great company when first started with the company, a great combination of past experiences in different industries accomplishing great things.
Pros
Young company, flexible
Cons
Expensive healthcare, undeveloped training
Wonderful company
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 23, 2013
One of the Managers has serious issues and made work life difficult. Other then that I have nothing but positive thing to say.
fantastic environment
Field Capital Project Manager  (Current Employee) –  kennesaw,gaJune 27, 2013
just a great bunch of guys to be around, all the time. projects were always talked through with every team member, and direct reports.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pivotal Retail Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9