Pizza Hut
6,021 reviews

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

RGM
General Manager (Former Employee), Fox Lake, ILMay 25, 2015
Pros: Healthcare, Dental
Cons: Low compensation, long hours
A typical day consisted of opening the store taking the deposit to the bank, check the daily and weekly numbers, write the schedules, hire and train new employees. I managed 14 employees. Ensuring proper staffing for peak times and worked 50hrs + a week.
awesome
general manager (Former Employee), Dumas, TXMay 24, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: not enough money
good............................ ........................................................................................................................................................................
fun first job
shift manager (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVMay 24, 2015
Pros: fu work envirment
Cons: poor pay
my first job good first place to work. I learned valuable management skills that I received thru management training after being promoted. also flexible hours
Hopefully Not Every Place Is The Same
Delivery Driver/CSR/Cook/Server (Former Employee), Tarboro, NCMay 24, 2015
Pros: Somewhat friendly staff
Cons: Only Part-Time
In the beginning everything seems amazing. After a few months, you begin to see problems within the staff including management. Unfortunately, because the work crew is rather small and there are only maybe 2-3 people in management, everyone is from the same or similar place. Most people who work together either know each other or certain family members, which of coarse is a problem. As I said within a few months, you see that the people LOVE to spread personal information they may know, they LOVE to discuss anything that is a form of gossip. Not everyone is involved in this, but if there is only one person who gossips... well you see the problem.

There are a few good things about the environment, the best thing is that if you prove yourself to be useful, you may be given other positions within the company, but unless you happen to be a favorite of the management team, your chances of advancement within the company is limited. It is extremely easy to make friends, because of the small staff, but you must still establish a distinct line between work and personal. All of the jobs are rather easy, whether you're a server, delivery driver, cook, or CSR (I held all of those within a 18 month period) as long as you pay attention when trained. Even if you are not given proper training, most are willing to help you learn how to improve or fix any mistakes you may make. As long as you are cordial, respectful, and dedicated this job can be fun.

With all that being said, I would recommend that you not be there for more than 2 years, unless you aspire to be a manager in the restaurant business, most jobs there are meant to be temporary.

Also, something to keep in mind, the only Full-Time positions are the general manager positions. All other positions are Part-Time.
make the best out of it
Shifted Manager (Former Employee), Danville, VAMay 23, 2015
Pros: getting to learn to make pizzas
Cons: no benefits unless you are a manager
A typical day is just like any other job busy. Some days a little stress. I learned that in management your have to be on our P's and Q's at all times because you never know what will happen. Management and co-workers were okay for the most part. The hardest part for me was learning the pro's and con's . This was my first Management job. But in the end my customers was the best part of the it all.
Great Job
Customer Service Representative/Server (Former Employee), Laurinburg, NCMay 23, 2015
Pros: Great teamwork
Cons: low pay
I loved my job working in the Pizza Hut environment. It was always great to assist the customers and to make sure all their concerns and needs were satisfied.
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COMay 23, 2015
A great place to work. loved the people i worked with, but suffered from poor hours and little room for advancement. poor pay and almost always night shifts.
Pizza hut
Cook / Order Taker (Former Employee), Fort Campbell, KYMay 23, 2015
Pizza hut is not the best place to work but it is tolerable. The management dose not know how to do their jobs. But the workers make up for it some of the best people i have met worked their honest and great people to be around.
Struggling work enviornment.
cook (Former Employee), Austin, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: Free food.
Cons: Unstable work enviornment.
The company has a hard time keeping people. So if you stay a lot of work and hours will be dumped into your lap. Also they expect the world for a raise.
Fun and Productive Place
Team Member (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 23, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: Low pay!
I love my job at pizza hut my co-workers were amazing and very helpful all the time. I learned to work in a very fast pace when there was many customers and few employees I would say that was tough, but I manage to cope with everything well with amazing staff and management. The only thing I disliked was not enough hours and low pay.
Good workers with bad managers and shift leaders
Cook/Cashier/Dishwasher (Former Employee), Pembroke, NCMay 22, 2015
There was no leadership at all from the store managers and shift leaders. There was no chance of advancement And raises were never given out When supposed to.
Great place to work around great people
kitchen staff (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INMay 22, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no breaks unless under 18
Everyone is awesome and great to be around. The job itself is not the best but everyone helps out to make it the best it can be. Flexible with schedules and the manager are very understanding. Hardest part of the job is staying calm when it gets busy.
Terrible work experience
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Kingsville, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: Free pizza.
Cons: Pay rate. Wear and tear on personal vehicle. Terrible Management.
Working for Pizza Hut in Kingsville, Texas was a complete nightmare. Avoid being a delivery driver! The tips and pay aren't enough to compensate for all the wear and tear done to your personal vehicle. Driving requires more frequent maintenance on vehicle, which isn't cheap. Management was poor and unorganized, which resulted in many dissatisfied customers.
Waitress (Former Employee), Delta, COMay 22, 2015
Great people. Management willing to work with your needs, and around your schedule.
Co-workers help each other out. Awesome team work.
Fast pace work environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Topeka, KSMay 21, 2015
Pros: 20% employee discout
Cons: Part time hours
Can be busy most of the time, there's always work to be done whether it be on the cut table, making wings, cleaning or doing dishes in between deliveries. Keeping up when it's busy sometimes can be hard, but we all manage to get the job done with very minimal failure.
I love working a Pizza Hut
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Childersburg, ALMay 21, 2015
I answer the phone and greet the customers. Take orders and collect money. I did some management duties when needed. I like this job because the customers would always tell me the one of the reasons they would come by is just to see my smile because I smile all the time and that really makes their day.
Serving... Blah
Server/Cashier (Former Employee), Coshocton, OHMay 21, 2015
Personally, I have found that being a server is not for me. The location I worked at was falling apart and everything had a permanent sticky residue over it. However, I did enjoy the other employees I worked with.
means to an end
Cook (Former Employee), Hixson, TNMay 21, 2015
Pizza hut is a terrible company. It is an entry level position though so you can expect to be treated like garbage but its a paycheck. the management was awful but I quit.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Rancho Santa Margarita, CAMay 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunch at times
Cons: Short breaks at times
-Maintained high standards of customer service during high-volume, fast paced operations

-Communicated clearly and positively with co-workers and management

-Mastered computer system at register for automated, telephone and walk in order taking

-Handled credit transactions and currency quickly and accurately

-Assisted management with inventory control

-Trained new employees at order taking and register management

-Followed procedures for safe food preparation, assembly and presentation

-Resolved complaints promptly and professionally

-Built loyal customer base through friendly interaction and professionalism

-Took initiative to find extra tasks when scheduled duties were completed

-Helped monitor home delivery of food items to insure they arrived accurately and in a timely manner
Great Co workers
Cook (Former Employee), new yorkMay 20, 2015
Pros: great co workers
Cons: hours were not good for me
My co workers were the best, I loved going into work. The work was easy. Training was not the bast. Room for growth was not really there and the pay didnt match the job.

1 2 3 4 5

About Pizza Hut

When it comes to tossing around dough, no one does it more often than Pizza Hut. The unit of YUM! Brands operates the world's – Read more

Pizza Hut Salaries