Pizza Hut

6.7K reviews

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

fun
Delivery Driver/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), pasco, waAugust 30, 2015
Pros: half off, free personal pan pizza
Cons: all the driving on my car
Lots of driving
people don't tip delivery drivers
pretty good management
cool co workers
all that gas was worst part
made good money
Friendly Co-workers, Occasionally Poor Customers
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), McMinnville, TNAugust 30, 2015
Pros: friendly co-workers, great hours, keep all of your tips, get to know your city better than anyone
Cons: witness things in customer homes that may upset you, low wages, use your own gas
"The Customer Is Always Right." This means that if you didn't bring an extra packet of pepper, or if they think the food isn't hot enough, you have to go back and get it and then bring it to them again. It also means that if you close your doors at midnight and they call at 11:57PM, you will make what they order and you will drive the edge of city limits to give it to them with a smile.

I could do that, no problem; it's in my personality to please others. However, it could be difficult when you knew the customers you were standing on the other side of the door from were beating each other, or if you got to a house in the middle of the night and it's a kid left all alone with a wad of money and not a clue what else to do but to hand it to you and hope you know how to make change and that they made an order right. You have to be able to be positive and nothing else.

However, my co-workers were all very friendly and three of my four managers were amazing. I wouldn't trade my experience with them for the world.

I did leave, however, due to poor wages. They claim to pay you minimum wage, but you don't actually get that if you make tips. You really do count on tips from customers, even if it's just keeping the left-over change after they handed you a one-hundred dollar bill and you can only carry up to fifteen to make change so you have to run to a store and then bring it back and make custom change for that person and then they just close the door on you. It's hard on you mentally, and that doesn't even count the time limit you have when you have five deliveries to make on one run and they're all on different ends of town.

TIP: Get a GPS!
Intense workplace but strong team culture
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Current Employee), louisianaAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Great Culture
Cons: They will drain you for everything you have to give and then some
I have really enjoyed working for Pizza Hut in Thibodaux, La. I have had the opportunity to work with an amazing team! Pizza Hut works really hard at providing employees with a great team culture. They Really invest in their people
Poor management
Delivery Driver/Shift Manager (Former Employee), Vacaville, CAAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Fast paced/energetic environment
Cons: Poor pay, no benefits, grease never comes out of hair
There is no room for advancement beyond store manager, really, and even working as store manager or shift manager is awful. Upper management demands so much from their team leads without giving very much compensation support, guidance, or thanks for the hard work. Complaints are never taken seriously and neither is hard work or dedication. After working there for years on end I finally had enough and left. Immediately I noticed how much better I felt about myself and my body felt better as it was no longer stressed to the max all the time. The only reason I stayed so long is the store staff made it fun.
Good Place to Work For
Manager/Server (Former Employee), Orland Park, ILAugust 29, 2015
Awesome and fun environment to work for. Upbeat and face paced environment, and who doesn't love pizza?! Would work for this company again if it were in my best interest!
good starting job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCAugust 29, 2015
Its a good starting job for anyone with a working vehicle. driver and server are the best positions to make the best money, and drivers are always needed.
Great work environment!
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Smithville, MOAugust 29, 2015
Pros: pizza and the people
Cons: the pay
Great work atmosphere with friendly employees. Not at all what i expected when I applied. Working there gave me the opportunity to return to school full time and earn my degree.
Same old, Same old
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Chester, VAAugust 28, 2015
Go to work, sign in, clean dishes untill told otherwise, or go on delivery. Work for however long I am scheduled, most times longer than I wanted, had a really unfair and unbalanced work schedule.
neede to make more money
delivery driver (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAAugust 28, 2015
under paid needed to make more money. You don't get paid much and it puts wear and tear on your car and most of the people do not tip the delivery drivers.
Interaction with customers
Cashier/ Waitress (Former Employee), Lake City, SCAugust 28, 2015
Interacting with the customers was amazing, warm feeling and comfort while showing outstanding people skills. The managers were nice and friendly much respect also very helpful.
Great work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Peoria, ILAugust 27, 2015
I was able to build my customer service skills. I learned how to multi-task. The management was great. We worked as a team.
Hustle
Server and Delivery Driver (Former Employee), El Paso, TXAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, delicious food.
Cons: You smell like grease after work.
It is a hardworking environment, fast paced, it feels like nobody is your friend but it is a good job for those looking to supplement a second job. A plus is that it is flexible.
I love the pizzas!!
Delivery Driver and Shift Manager (Former Employee), Caldwell, IDAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Interactions with the public
Cons: Long hours
You have the freedom of driving around during deliveries and the interactions with the public, when you delivered their pizzas, they were happy to see you.
Productive and family like workplace
Waitress (Former Employee), Macon, MOAugust 27, 2015
Pros: flexible hours, friendly staff, and 50% discount.
Cons: not adjustable to what days you wanted to work
I would arrive and log into one of the computers to start my payroll, depending on what I was going to do that day, I might have logged in as a waitress or kitchen crew. I would usually be a waitress. I would then check to see what section of the restaurant I was working. Then I would prep myself with straws and anything else I was low on in my apron. I would wait for customers to arrive, as they did ask how many, grab the right amount of menus and seat the customers. I would ask how they are and take their drink order. I would return with their drink or and ask if they were ready to order. If yes, write down the order on a note pad. After I would log into a computer and place that order which is sent to the kitchen. When the order is complete, I would deliver the order and check on them a few more times, then finally return with the check. After they pay and leave, I would clean their table and prepare it for new customers. After all customers are gone, I was responsible for cleaning the waitress station, the restaurant floor, swept and moped, and also the rest rooms.
Production (Current Employee), Jefferson City, MOAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: Short breaks
No typical day
I learned to make sure customers were happy with our services
Management was ok
Getting along with co workers
Communicating clearly
Getting work experience
Productive and fun.
Pizza Cook (Former Employee), Blue Island, ILAugust 27, 2015
It was fun. Got to practice my skills again, not enough hours that I expected. Got to know new people. Then New Corporate came in. They had to let me go. Because I didn't have a Drivers License in order to cook pizza's. Now I been out of a job for 4 months.
waitress, shift manager
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), vernal, utahAugust 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: hardly ever got a break and under appreciated.
managed a team of workers, worked long hours and was dedicated but things came up in my personal life and had to leave. They don't really take care of their employees there or at least they didn't everyone was expendable and replaceable at the drop of a hat.
Very fast-paced and fun
Delivery Driver/CSR/Cook/Server (Former Employee), Tarboro, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Only Part Time available
• For 8 months I was a delivery driver; delivering food and beverages to customers in a managed time frame. I was then given the position of CSR, and was responsible for receiving calls and helping customers place food orders, to receive money for the purchase of food products and beverages. While working as a cashier, I also worked as a cook and a server simultaneously.
more benefits
Cook (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 27, 2015
Cons: short break no good employees discounts
i enjoyed working for the company i just wish that i could have gotten better employee benefits as fars food discounts and vacation time
Great Co-Workers, Horrible Management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Selma, CaAugust 26, 2015
Everybody gets along with each other. We all worked as a team to get things done and organized. However, not everything went great. We were consistently out of product each week. Whether is was ingredients or dough, something was always out because the manager forgot to order it. The manger also isn't very good in what she does. She walks in with attitude and when something is going on in her personal lifestyle, it shows in her work ethic. Personal problems were always inconclusive. She is was always on her phone in her office not doing any of her duties; she even fell asleep while on the clock.
Overall, the workers there are amazing and you make great friendships but the management makes things difficult.
Headquarters