Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,365 reviews matching the search
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus, MSJune 20, 2016
A typical day at work is pretty laid back, until we get a rush a morning and evening rush.

I learned how to become patient and understanding when it comes to an rude customer and I learned how to make the pizza that is pleasing to the customer.

the co workers were pretty nice and we all was like family.

the hardest part of the job was prepping dough and bagging the chicken wings

the most enjoyable part of the job was folding boxes because you were able to move at your own pace.
Pros
Discount on any pizza
Cons
no breaks
Management Team
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Starkville, MSJune 23, 2016
I've worked in Pizza Hut a little over a year. It was good working in the position that was assign to me, but over the term of time it came some changes. There were rules that were enforced, but when others were don't abiding the rules. It cause conflict for others who were following them. Plus the manager was not leading by example. In order for you a restaurant to be productive, you have to be on the same occurred.
Pros
I enjoyed the employees
Cons
Being in new manager that cause conflict
Loved this store
Cook (Current Employee) –  Bogalusa, LAJune 4, 2016
I loved being able to listen to music while working it helps the mood honestly. I love that our team could laugh, joke, and have fun while doing our jobs and even more so that when we got slammed busy everyone had each other' back. Their can be a lot of high school drama of he said she said or two faced, but despite that, it was still pleasant to work here. I was treated good and was cared about when I got hurt on the job. I really loved the crew and managers, well minus two managers which were a pain, but 2 out of whole isn't too terrible. Besides the two were decent to work with, just didn't know how to talk to the staff right.
Pros
Good length of time and type of benefits and work environment
Cons
can have high school drama of he/she said
productive and fun. Lacks sense of accomplishment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallmadge, OHJune 22, 2016
Pizza Hut was a fun place to work, though it lacked a sense of fulfillment. Everyday is the same thing. I did acquire some key communication skills during this job and how to up sell per the customers idea. Being a part of management was rough at Pizza Hut, due to the fact that a lot of the employees were personal friends that could often forget items or slack. It was a difficulty managing the difference between those lives. I would say the hardest part about the job is the inconsistent hours.
Pros
free lunches. advancement
Cons
late hours. difficult peak sales hours. inconsistent schedule
Pizza Hut life
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 8, 2016
It was my first job. I learned how to make sure the dishes were properly cleaned and make sure that everything was cleaned. It wasn't a glorious job but hey it was my first job i had a-lot of fun there. But, the hardest part of the job was the Store Manager, he was very strict sometimes but he knew what he was doing but the most enjoyable part was having a good time and enjoying myself. I learned how to make everything better for myself when doing the pizza pans
Pros
the hours
Cons
Managment was hard
learned alot
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Girard, PAJune 7, 2016
typical day taking orders cooking, washing dishes, cleaning. I learned patients and how to talk with people. wasn't much management. loved my co workers. we worked hard and had a good time while working. hardest part was doing a lot of work with out any chance of becoming a manger or getting a raise. most enjoyable part was it was my first job ever and I was making my own money and I know I did my job well with my loyal customers that loved it whenever I was working
Pros
meetng new people
Cons
low pay
Productive work environment
Team Member (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 30, 2016
A typical day at work for me is pretty simple. I go in and start by couponing items that are going out of date. I go throughout the day making sure we have fresh fruits and veggies. I pull all the bad ones. My co-workers are pretty amazing. They are people that I like to work with everyday. Most difficult part of the job I would say is making sure everything that is thrown out is accounted for. Most enjoyable part would be seeing all my regular guests faces and making their shopping trip enjoyable. Management at my job is very good. They are always at the top of their game to make sure that our work experience can be enjoyable.
A work place with multiple issues
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSMay 31, 2016
I had multiple issues while working there. I ran into the issue of them cutting back my hours when I asked for more and then when I needed less hours they scheduled me too much and I would have to work over 12 hours a day. I also ran into the issue of someone messes with my new car at work and since there is no security camera's or surveillance system I could not figure out who damaged my car and work did not help me with any of the damages.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No surveillance system
productive place
Crew Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAJune 2, 2016
A typical day at Pizza Hut is starting off by washing your hands and heading straight to your duty weather that is to do dishes fold boxes prep pizza or prep dough. I learned that good teamwork can make it though the toughest of times. The management is fair and trustworthy. the hardest part about my job is stacking dough they tend to get stuck on the racks and fall. the most enjoyable part of my is working with a team that works so well together.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short hours
Would Not Recommend Working There
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Bonney Lake, WAJune 6, 2016
I have been forced to stay up to 4 hours past my shift without break on more than one occasion. We have no air conditioning, which on hot days make the tempature in the kitchen unbearable. A lot of the time certain managers will go outside to smoke several times an hour and tell you to watch over the store, even if you are the only other person in it. The same managers also show up late daily and fix the times in the computer to show as if they showed up on time.They may also be doing the same with other employees they make stay late, and make it seem as if they got off on time,which also makes them work unpaid. Awful place to work, No good sides to it
Pros
20% discount on food
Cons
No benefits, very little paid hours
Overall a good experience
Driver (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJune 9, 2016
While working for Pizza Put for almost a year I was very pleased with my experience there. The management is very helpful and allow you to feel comfortable asking questions which is something i greatly appreciate as an employee. The overall crew itself was all about helping each other out and team work which always made work a fun environment. Pizza Hut was always helpful with working around my my schedule if needed and I would recommend the job to anybody i know.
Pros
can win gifts occasionally, gets money off certain food
Face paced and fun.
CSR and cook (Former Employee) –  South Houston, TXJune 15, 2016
I had fun working at my store. Great people who cared and would help you out when needed. We're all still really good friends. Work was easy when we were slow, but some days, like when there's a big football game on, we'd get slammed. Those days could be a challenge, but I found them a bit fun. It was like a workout with a chance to do better every time. I learned how to manage people, delegate, and train employees, but the part that I got upset with was being passed up for promotion twice. I was being trained for those positions and the area manager was expecting me to be promoted, too.
Pros
one free meal a day you work, fun environment, great place to make friends
Cons
limited hours, little chance to be promoted, low pay
Great store
Cook (Current Employee) –  Rowlett, TXJune 10, 2016
Typical work day is pushing myself each and everyday to make sure that I am making the best pizzas for my customers and waking up early which is awesome because I am use to getting up around the time I go in. I learned to make the best pizzas and to keep up with daily task. The management here is great and I enjoy having the managers that do work here they teach me a lot. The hardest part of the job would be on the busy days but what makes it enjoyable is when you have team members around you that can give you a helping hand when you need it.
Pros
positive work environment, great cooking skills, multi-tasking
Cons
part-time, other than that everything else goes smoothly
fun place to work but employees were always new and changing. Each day was always something different and the food was good
delivery driver/dish washer/ custodian (Former Employee) –  Grand Island, NEJune 12, 2016
each day was different and most of the employees were still in high school so there was always a new face working there. I was a delivery driver so I was able to leave the store and the tips were mostly good. I did janitorial work and I was also a dishwasher. The management moved from different stores or towns so we usually had new faces for management.
Pros
food, younger workers could have a more positive attitudes, tips
Cons
tips could be low sometimes, driving in extreme weather, management got moved around a lot
Fun but not productive
Cook (Current Employee) –  Moscow, IDJune 13, 2016
The work is very easy and it is a fun work environment. Everyone gets along. However workers often spend a lot of time talking or watching tv instead of getting their work done on time. I wish that I wasn't one of the only productive employees and that people would work to better production instead of get snarky against comments that regard improvement.
Pros
Non designated breaks helpful for smokers, Slow during the summer
Cons
No benefits unless Manager position.
Very enjoyable enviroment
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Englewood, OHJune 15, 2016
I absolutely enjoyed working and driving for the company. it was my first job and i started as a crew member but when i became an adult i chose to drive. driving gave me more freedom i think with my job, i got to meet so many wonderful people from off dropping food. i would've loved to work with them for longer but as i was just starting college i had to move and couldn't afford to drive an hour to work everyday.
Pros
Free food, reasonable breaks, meeting nice people everyday
Cons
coming home smelling like food release, handling angry customers
Productive and fun
Food Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Azle, TXJune 16, 2016
My typical day at work was prepping the food and the ingredients for lunch and dinner. I learned how a big company like that runs and of difficult it could be. The management was nice and easy to work for and made sure everybody was on the right track. The co-workers where great they had everyones back which help the restaurant run more smoothly as one. The most enjoyable part of the job was everybody that worked there we were like a family
Pros
good people and good food
Cons
short break
Typical low-level position
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 23, 2016
Minimum wage entry-level job with no room for improvement.
Money handling and computer skills gained on the job as well as customer handling and service.
Team-building skills end up fluid as team-members adapt to one another over time
Management could be better, but overall very understanding and flexible with their workers.
Pros
Employee discount, team-building skills come naturally on the job
Cons
Unreasonable wages for given positions
horrible place
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 24, 2016
This was a franchise that I worked for and it was an awful experience. I dreaded each day coming in because of the management and other team members were really rude and it was a poor and negative environment to work in. The hardest part of the job was attempting to get along with everyone, many of the people were unfriendly. Also experienced some issues with the management due to derogatory comments, many unfair decisions. Altogether, poor management.
Pros
free meals
Cons
treatment from management
Team member
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Ephrata, WAJune 24, 2016
I was a cook who made pizzas along with what needed to be done for the day. Cleaning is a must and constantly washing your hands due to preparing food. When I first started we didn't have a restaurant manager so everything was topsy turvey. after we received management things changed dramatically. hours were chaotic and management wouldn't work with me on giving me a few days to find reliable childcare. which I think is a must for those who have kids.
Pros
work enviornment
Cons
would work with me in giving me a few days to find childcare.