Pizza Hut

7.5K reviews

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Found 6,076 reviews matching the search
Good money for young college students.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 8, 2016
The management was not bad, seemed there were many favorites. People seemed friendly at first but I soon realized there was a lot of bad mouthing of each other which i did not like at all.
I believe it would have been a much better experience if i kept to myself, however i was very eager to make new friends but soon realized i should keep my personal life and my work life very separate.
Pros
tips
Great in the beginning
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Mount Juliet, TNFebruary 8, 2016
It was great place to work until the new owners came in and brought a new gm in that didnt seem like she knew what she was doing.And was letting it go to her head .
no hours
searver (Current Employee) –  Hartwell, GAFebruary 8, 2016
i love customers but i have no hours and do not make what i need to support my family. They need to learn how do fix thing so the store looks better also
Fun fast place work environment
Manager/CSR (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTFebruary 8, 2016
Great people. The business was ran very well. The GM was very willing to coach and teach when you didn't understand something, or if you weren't as fast as you could be.
Decent
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bridgman, MIFebruary 7, 2016
I was a delivery driver. It was okay. I got paid and people that worked there were reasonably nice.

I often worked 12-16 hour shifts due to people calling off. Sometimes the tips really made this worth it. Sometimes the lack of tips ended up causing me to lose money.

They pay their drivers minimum wage as well as full tips so the pay is one of the best in the area for someone not certified in anything.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Long hours, no health insurance, inconsistent coworkers
It was an okay place to work for my first official job. It taught me that work can't always be fun.
Waitress/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, KS 67455February 7, 2016
My boss treated me pretty well and so did my employees.They trained me although sometimes they acted like they were a little annoyed at me even though I was trying to learn. The only thing I wish didn't happen was my lack in not very many hours and when I asked my manger for more hours she explained to me that they couldn't afford any more hours so I was okay with it. What I wasn't okay with however is right after she told me that she put up a help wanted sign and then hird someone else. How is that supposed to make sense? Telling me that the can't afford any more hours and then they go and hire someone else which in turn is costing them more hours. Other then that issue thought it was a good first job.
Pros
Free food on Buffet days, everything 50% off, good people training me, not a very stressful job.
Cons
Not many hours.
Typical work day
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, TXFebruary 7, 2016
Typical work day was cleaning, delivering, and washing dishes. Helping the cooks when they needed help and the waitresses.
Best part of the job was the people I worked with.
Manger in Training (Former Employee) –  Tomball, TXFebruary 6, 2016
My typical day is just making sure we have dough and other products ready to go when needed. I have learned a lot while working with pizza hut, mainly about how to make, cut, and sell pizza. My co-workers were really cool. The hardest part of the job was maintaining labor and inventory. but over all I liked working at pizza hut great first job.
Pros
free food, great work environment
Cons
no breaks, and no benefits
Great food to offer
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 5, 2016
I would open up the store and prep with two managers. Then clean up anything left from the night before and set up the table. Last I would just wait to take orders and if the day was that slow I would go home. It wasn't well taken care of and the coworkers did not do much.
Pros
free lunch after 8 hours
Cons
no breaks
Productive and Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Darlington, SCFebruary 5, 2016
Enjoy working with the public and serving the customers. Opportunity for growth but on the downside of that hours aren't always promising; one week you may need to work you scheduled 45hrs and the next week you maybe only working 25 or 30 hours.
I like my position just wish I had more scheduled shifts
Dishwasher/Food Prep (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 5, 2016
I want a second job working the weekdays and weekends when Im not working my shifts at pizza hut.
The management is great to work for, I just need more of a income for dreams and items I would like to acquire in my future.
Pros
FREE LUNCHES
Cons
LACK OF SHIFTS BEING ABLE TO BE SCHEDULED FOR.
Relocation
Host (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 4, 2016
I started out working at Pizza Hut in November. Things started to get Hectic at home so i had to move away. I just recently moved to Washing DC in December. Pizza Hut was my first job. Therefore, i was still in my training period. While in my training period, I greeted customers, did customer service, and I waited on tables. I learned that people do come in with bad attitudes, so the best thing is to do is to keep a positive attitude and not let their rudeness get the best of you. All of my co-workers were older than me, but they were pretty cool. They helped me a lot. The hardest thing about working there was rush hour and lunch time. Those were the busiest hours of the day. My favorite part of an average work day was just meeting all the different people and seeing the smile on their faces when they leave.
Pros
nice co-workers, great management, flexible hours
Cons
Rude Customers, The kitchen smelled pretty bad
ok place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 4, 2016
delivering foods to customers can be dangerous
beware of your surroundings
management seems to be confused most the time
the co workers did their job.
the hardest part was driving in snow.
the most enjoyable was timing out.
Pros
tips from customers
Cons
most customers dont tip
Fun Work Environment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Warsaw, INFebruary 4, 2016
The hardest part was the lack of training. The best part was fun co workers.

I got along with everyone there and learned a lot about customer service, as well as food service.
Pros
Free food!!!
Cons
Inconsistent hours and scheduling
Unprofessional
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAFebruary 4, 2016
should require drug test for employees and drivers need a better system would not recommend at all. I would recomend a drive thru better !
Pros
food
Cons
people are unprofessional
Fun, fast-paced, entry-level restaurant experience
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day at work is ensuring food quality and an affordable price to a wide range of customers. You learn how to work quickly, efficiently, and with a tightly knit weave of coworkers.
just an okay place to work at
Customer service (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 3, 2016
There really wasnt much for moving up, no raises and you never really go the best of hours. I wouldnt work there again. Jobs were never done and the store was never taken care of properly or taken seriously.
My Job
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Eureka, ILFebruary 3, 2016
My typical day was making pizza and making sure customers were happy while also having fun as a crew the most enjoyable part of the job was how close all the co workers were the hardest part making sure we kept customers happy but we usually did so I enjoyed working there
Meet lots of people, fast work, long hours
Delivery Driver/ Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bremerton, WAFebruary 2, 2016
Management changed three times. 12 hour shifts with no breaks and the last boss before I quit made me feel unsafe in the work place. I.E. put downs, yelling at me in front of customers, changing my schedule without notice and threatening to fire me. Fun co workers, met lots of new people. Customers were friendly. Learned how to do almost every job in the store and work with a cash register.
Pros
discounted pizza
Cons
minimal to no breaks long hours
Was a great place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 2, 2016
The Pizza Hut I work at has had so many management changes over the last year and 3 months, it's hard to remember the RGM's name for the week. It was great, until the person we had as acting RGM was moved to another store. Everything went down hill quickly! I would not recommend working for them as a career. More like a stepping stone to something better.
Pros
As a driver, I don't have to stay in the store the whole time.
Cons
Breaks are few and far between.