Pizza Hut
6,004 reviews

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Very laid back environment.
Server (Current Employee), Sabraton, WVMay 18, 2015
Pros: Convenient location.
Cons: No healthcare provided, very few raises.
Very busy, but at times slow.
Management was fair but strict.
I had issues with some co-workers, but there was money involved.
I really enjoy working with people. Working at Pizza Hut allowed me to meet a lot of different people.
Amazing job for the most part
Cashier (Former Employee), Oroville, CAMay 17, 2015
Pros: good coworkers, good management
Cons: Not enough hours
Typically I only worked four hours or so. I had another job and was attending both Butte College and Chico State University. While I loved being a member at Pizza Hut, the hours were not enough to pay for the gas to get there (20 miles away). The managers where incredible and I loved my coworkers. The hardest part of the job was trying to figure out phone orders when the customers had bad phone service. The most enjoyable part is when I could help better a customers day by talking to them.
Pizza Hut
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Bixby, OKMay 17, 2015
Make sure food orders are complete before leaving store, check for extras such as sodas or salads. Have knowledge of surrounding area streets and how to best get from location to location without wasting time. Deliver food promptly and with excellent customer service, as the delivery driver is the only employee that the customer sees face to face
I was a delivery driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Columbus, MSMay 17, 2015
Pros: Tips from delivery
Cons: Short breaks
I delivered pizzas and collect money for the order. I answered the telephone and took orders. I washed dishes. My coworkers and I worked as a team to get the job done.
It was not a great place to work at.
Pizza cutter, Server, Host (Former Employee), Columbus, OhioMay 17, 2015
Pros: Nothing
Cons: Everything
I was not greeted when I came into work. It was not a good place to be at. The managers were inconsiderate and did nothing but stand around.
Productive, trustworthy, always on time, comes in when needed
Waitress (Former Employee), Plover, WIMay 17, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: No vacation
Has practical, technical and professional skills required for the job
Has sufficient knowledge and experience of all aspects of business operations to make informed decisions within the scope of responsibility
Keeps up to date with best practices and new developments
Ensures hiring and training procedures, including EEO, are followed
Ensures safety and security practices and procedures are followed

Sets precise, measurable goals that are realistic, challenging and compatible with company goals
Manages time effectively
Anticipates problems and plans accordingly; acts versus reacts
Delegates responsibility appropriately
Able to prioritize work. Sets realistic deadlines for self and others and ensures deadlines are met

Presents ideas and information in a concise, well organized way
Listens; concentrates on information presented; takes action
Informs supervisor, peers and employees in a timely manner
Holds well organized and effective meetings
Participates actively in meetings; makes meaningful contributions

Takes charge of people/events; assumes leadership in a positive way
Asks for and is responsive to feedback on own management style
Identifies and resolves conflict/dissatisfaction issues
Treats all employees with fairness and respect
Meets customer satisfaction and employee turnover goals
Pizza Hut, Great Starter Job
Team Member/Waitress (Former Employee), Lewiston, IDMay 16, 2015
Pros: Half priced meals, the co-workers always had your back, did not have to split tips, but us waitresses were polite to each other and there was and even amount of tables for each person.
Cons: Really low pay, the hours were not the best for my schedule at the time (not the company's fault).
Well I can't say it was the best job ever, it's Pizza Hut. But the environment and the people I worked with and the Management were the funnest people ever!! We were almost always laughing, and we worked well as a team. The pay was very low due to being a waitress, However, people in Lewiston, ID were not always stingy, and the tips did help make up for the $3.25/hr.
Be careful which one you work at
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Cantonment, FLMay 16, 2015
Pros: Good employee discounts
Cons: Not compensated or payed well and the hours are horrible
I worked at a single store for 5 months. I would come in usually early to see if i was needed and end up staying late to cover late orders. Compensation for delivery drivers are down right disgusting it takes 60 miles just to earn $20. You get payed way below minimum wage for having to supply your own car and gas for the job and depending on where you are delivering to the tips could be a joke. Some managers are fun to work with and more relaxed about things but some are uptight and difficult to impossible to work with. For the most part the co-workers were rather pleasant but also the job can get too much for even them to handle. Plus in the end when working and covering other peoples shifts and picking up the slack the headquarters butted it's head in and told the manager i was getting too many hours
Great Job
Team Member (Former Employee), Chattanooga, TNMay 16, 2015
Every task at Pizza Hut is fun and enjoyable: delivering, taking orders, making food. It's a fast food job, but with the right team it could be a keeper.
...
Delivery driver, kitchen assistant (Former Employee), lansing, miMay 16, 2015
Between the kitchen, servers, and driver, nobody could really correlate and coordinate in order to leave on time at the end of ones shift. I'm not talking about just 30 minutes, or even an hour... usually at least 2 hours extra most nights. The managers seemed to not really take their job seriously, also.
A great start
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Blacksburg, VAMay 15, 2015
It is very easy to be promoted here for the right person and they can be easy to work for. Their demands are often too hefty for the compensation they provide and restrictions in place.
Flexible hours and fun
Student (Former Employee), Memphis, TN.May 15, 2015
Pros: discounted food
Cons: stocking the salad bar and rolling silver ware
Pizza Hut was a fun job because I met several different types of people. I never knew what I was going to make as far as pay because most of my money I made from tips. I worked different hours but always on the busy nights and weekends when I could make the most money.
A place to work while in school
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Lithia Springs, GAMay 15, 2015
Pros: semi-flexible schedule
Cons: understaffed
Hours can be grueling; the work more physical than most people think.The people I worked with, that stay more than a week or two, were committed to making it an environment that was pleasant and fun. The customers ranged from great to horrible.
One of the best pizza places around
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Rantoul, ILMay 15, 2015
I came to this job with little management experience and luckily was given an opportunity. I was trained very well and training occurred on a near daily basis.
Very interesting
Crew Member (Former Employee), Ahoskie, NCMay 15, 2015
Never knew how difficult customers can be but I made sure I was polite and understanding. I greeted my customers with a smile and made sure they were satisfied. My team of fellow employees worked together to get every task done. I made boxes for pizzas, helped prep food, and took orders.
Fine job for anyone with no big responsibilities.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Saraland, ALMay 15, 2015
Pros: We get a $1.00 Personal Pan + Drink combo, and a 20% discount.
Cons: A general manager who doesn't know what he's doing.
When I started working at Pizza Hut, it was rather nice. I was making decent money from delivery tips and mileage, which is the only money I get other than the paycheck, which isn't that impressive, given this is a part-time and minimum wage job. Sure, there have been patchy times when working there, especially between managements swapping around. Some things would be changed from a working order, to something that didn't make sense, and wasn't nearly as effective. Though, I don't have much say, so I learn to work with it. The upper management, aside from our current store manager, doesn't really know how the store runs, how we work, or anything other than what 'looks good'. For instance, he was installing a whiteboard during one of our busiest hours, cutting off one of two lanes we use to get between the front and back of the house. Thankfully, such incidents aren't common. Being able to drive and deliver is something I enjoy. I don't particularly enjoy being stuck in the store all day or night, but if that happens, I don't complain. I'm there to work, and work is what I do. That's my mindset for any job, really. If there's work to be done, then I'll get it done.
productive very fun people to work with
Cook (Former Employee), erie paMay 15, 2015
Pros: free pizza
Cons: not enough hours
typical day could be busy making alot of pizzas it was a very fun place to work at . management was very nice and so were the co workers
Just your normal pizza place
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Lithia Springs, GAMay 15, 2015
In the mornings, I would get the register ready to take orders. Some mornings consisted of putting up any items that we're delivered that was with items that needed to be stored in their proper place. Made sure throughout the orders would be sent out on time for the driver and the customers.
In the evenings, I would come in and switch the register into my name and make sure the night ran smoothly between the crew members and the customers. When it came time to close, I had to make sure the store was clean and that all the paper work was ready for completion once we closed for the night.
I loved my coworkers, they were a lot of fun!
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Moses LakeMay 14, 2015
Pros: Half price for food
Cons: Very short breaks
Typical day at work was very busy and stressful, like playing advanced Tetris. However I did it for a full year. It really built up my stamina and I learned to be passionate about anything I end up doing. My general manager was awesome but some of the assistant manager's leadership skills weren't where they needed to be for their positions. My coworkers were some of the best and sadly many of them went on for better opportunities. For a moment in time there was a unique culture that was created and I looked forward to being in it everyday. The hardest party of the job was standing near a 450 degree oven everyday during rushes and cutting and boxing the hundreds of food products that were coming out of the oven way too fast in the right boxes in under a certain amount of time. The most enjoyable part of the job was the culture created between key employees which made the job fun and exciting, though it was tough. They were a motivation and inspiration to me and others to do the job no matter how hard it got. After many of them left, work just wasn't the same. I am looking to find and build that culture once again.
productive and posetive
Driver (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 14, 2015
12/01/2012 till now
I learned carefully, cleaning and management in workplace. my co workers like me. Every things in my job very easy for me and enjoyable part of my job is helping customers for choose and order pizza.

About Pizza Hut

When it comes to tossing around dough, no one does it more often than Pizza Hut. The unit of YUM! Brands operates the world's – Read more

Pizza Hut Salaries