Pizza Hut

6.7K reviews

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

waitress, shift manager
SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), vernal, utahAugust 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: hardly ever got a break and under appreciated.
managed a team of workers, worked long hours and was dedicated but things came up in my personal life and had to leave. They don't really take care of their employees there or at least they didn't everyone was expendable and replaceable at the drop of a hat.
Very fast-paced and fun
Delivery Driver/CSR/Cook/Server (Former Employee), Tarboro, NCAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Only Part Time available
• For 8 months I was a delivery driver; delivering food and beverages to customers in a managed time frame. I was then given the position of CSR, and was responsible for receiving calls and helping customers place food orders, to receive money for the purchase of food products and beverages. While working as a cashier, I also worked as a cook and a server simultaneously.
more benefits
Cook (Former Employee), Augusta, GAAugust 27, 2015
Cons: short break no good employees discounts
i enjoyed working for the company i just wish that i could have gotten better employee benefits as fars food discounts and vacation time
Great Co-Workers, Horrible Management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Selma, CaAugust 26, 2015
Everybody gets along with each other. We all worked as a team to get things done and organized. However, not everything went great. We were consistently out of product each week. Whether is was ingredients or dough, something was always out because the manager forgot to order it. The manger also isn't very good in what she does. She walks in with attitude and when something is going on in her personal lifestyle, it shows in her work ethic. Personal problems were always inconclusive. She is was always on her phone in her office not doing any of her duties; she even fell asleep while on the clock.
Overall, the workers there are amazing and you make great friendships but the management makes things difficult.
No. Just no.
delivery driver (Former Employee), Austin, TXAugust 26, 2015
Pros: All the pizza you could die for.
Cons: Lack of morality and empathy.
Working for yourself through college and needing extra cash this is not the place for you. They over work you, the pay is not worth it, and is definitely not a recommendation to LGBT community, as a Trans I was not recognized nor taken seriously due to my gender decision and was not open or welcome.
productive, fun and safe workplace
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), jacksonville,FLAugust 26, 2015
Pros: free lunches. group meetings
Cons: short breaks
Fun and very easy going work place. Very small work environment. The most enjoyable part was working alongside my coworkers.
Fun Laid back job
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee), West Fargo NDAugust 25, 2015
Pros: Discounted Food
Cons: Wasn't able to move up to management
I like how the job was strict but also laid back. I started at a store which took alot of area in my town and I liked learning the area.
Laid back job
delivery driver (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: surprisingly they have paid vacation
The environment at Pizza Hut is one of the most relaxed that I have ever worked in. Maybe I was just lucky to have great co-workers and managers. Orders are usually placed through a telephone service or online so drivers and cooks never really have to be burdened with taking orders from customers on top of making food and delivery. (Compared to Domino's: drivers and cooks were expected to also take phone calls and workload got confusing during busy hours when everyone has to take calls on top of making food and delivering--it becomes time consuming and slows other orders down.) During busy hours it does get stressful, but because drivers and cooks each are assigned that specific job and do not have to be able to do everything at once, carrying out orders is less complicated.
College Dream
Operator/Waitress (Former Employee), Havre, MTAugust 25, 2015
Pros: tips, availability location
Cons: minimum wage
I was in college when I worked at Pizza Hut, We were one of the 3 places for pizza in this small city. We were constantly busy and being a waitress I only made minimum wage but combined with my tips was able to afford a reasonable living for myself.
my typical day
driver and server (Former Employee), Livingston, MTAugust 24, 2015
Pros: learned to bartend
Cons: no healthcare, poor mangement
come to work, clock in then get straight to work. breaking down boxes morning shift purposely would leave for night crew to do then had to clean up after all the morning shift because they just wanted out. while waiting to deliver pizzas i would was the dishes from the dining room. If i was serving the night i would be in charge with making customers smile, upselling the specials and helping them choose the best meal and drinks.
Productive workplace
Cook (Former Employee), Bishopville, SCAugust 24, 2015
Pizza Hut was a very fun and productive workplace. I enjoyed working there. The employees were very professional. The management was professional, and the customers were very nice. All in all it was a great work environment.
Fun, fast paced environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Piedmont, SCAugust 24, 2015
Fast paced environment where knowing how to multitask is a must. Everyone there always helps the other. Fun working environment where things get done!
Disappointed in Management/ Policies
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Blytheville, ARAugust 24, 2015
Cons: insufficient pay, no room for financial growth
I was giving a delivery job under the impression that I would be trained for a GM position, however what was failed to be brought to my attention is just how unprofessional the store operated; The store manager often smoked in the building, employees were allowed to dress slouchy, no schedules where followed, and during slow hours no one bothered to clean. On top of that, I was highly disappointed at in how the payment works. 75% of my time at work was spent on the road making deliveries, so reducing my hourly pay to $4.00 means that I'm working for free it costs $50.00/day just to perform the job, which is unreasonable... Not to mention that I never received a paycheck for my services.
Fast Pace
Prep-cook (Former Employee), Warsaw, INAugust 24, 2015
Pros: Friends!
Pizza Hut was a fast paced restaurant. I had many friend in pizza hut, and got along with my managers- some days. There was hardly ever a break in rush hours, and had to answer phones to some rude customers.

CONS: You would come home reeking of pizza and no matter how many times you wash your clothes or take a shower you still smell like it.
productive an fun work environment
Cashier/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAAugust 24, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not many cons
A great experience working with different variety of people...great customer service experience...good communication experience also mannerism
There was no communication.
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Brookhaven, MSAugust 24, 2015
Pros: we got discount on the food we ordered.
Cons: rarely ever recieved a full break.
Well the day would start with prepping and proofing the dough. Then you would have to prep the start for the employees to come in and go to work on the thing they would do. the manager then has to keep up with the dough in the proofer not to over proof it. also counting money and deposit from the night before and getting the deposit ready for the bank that morning before the store open.
Fun working
Hostess (Former Employee), Warren, PAAugust 23, 2015
Pros: Free Lunches
Cons: Short breaks
The Training needed to be Better than it was at the time I was there . I greeted people and Brought them to the table and told them there waitress would be right with them .
good job to have and to make some money
Cook (Former Employee), shreveport,laAugust 22, 2015
fun work place supportive management .not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop good place to get the ropes to learn how to cook and a good job to have
Receptionist-team work leadership qualities
Receptionist/Office Assistant (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 22, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, working hours flexibilty
Fun and flexible management skills with a team building environment.Having a strong dedication towards the job.The more you serve your best,the more you develop.
Productive and fun with great team work
Lead Cook (Former Employee), SachseAugust 22, 2015
I enjoyed working for pizza hut but did not enjoy the pay or the benefits. I left in order to find better employment with more benefits. We worked hard for little.
Headquarters