Pizza Hut
5,871 reviews

Pizza Hut United States Employee Reviews

very well maintained work plac
Baker (Former Employee), Detroit, MIApril 30, 2015
Pros: 30% off of lunches
Cons: poor health benifits
clock in set up your work area make sure you preps are done then start your work day making sure every pizza is made to order
and made precisely to the specifics of the consumer then you have the take outs you need to have the pizzas made in a timely manner
productive fun team work and we all worked together since day one
csr (Former Employee), El Monte, CAApril 30, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: part time
working at pizza hut was a good experience, i got customer service skills. the most enjoyable part of my job was when i knew i did my job and satisfied the customer.
The managers didn't take their job as seriously as I.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FlApril 30, 2015
Pros: I learned how to prep, make, and cook food.
Cons: They didn't follow the health procedures, and they took a break every chance they could.
I would like to say it was a great company to work for , but the truth is that the company doesn't care about its employees. A regular day at pizza hut included picking up sick from coworkers, and dealing with angry and emotional managers.
Decent workplace,but could always use improvement.
Delivery driver/customer service (Current Employee), Manteca, CAApril 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Cons: No breaks (10 min) only one 30 minute break per 8 hour shift
Pizza Hut recently had a change in management, so I do not have much to say about our newest additions to the team as I do not know them very well. The most difficult part of my job was when our team got behind in production time which resulted in orders coming out late and hungry customers that were understandably upset. The most rewarding part of my job is making customers happy, I know regular customers by name, and enjoy their gratitude towards my always pleasant attitude. A typical work day for me would start by clocking in on time, checking if the cook needs any product, taking deliveries, washing dishes, folding boxes, and performing our regular closing details (counting and closing out my till (cash register)cleaning dishes, wing fryer, floor, etc.)
not a horrible place to work just not a career
Crew (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHApril 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks, not paid well
The pizza hut I worked at was always busy so from the time you got there tell you left you were always running around doing something. Not to bad of a job, didn't work well with schedules, management was always crazy and stressed out, co-workers were always awesome. Hardest part was clean up after getting slammed.
Employees great, company not so much.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee), Garnett, KSApril 29, 2015
Pros: great employees
Cons: did not enforce company policy
The company did not share my same beliefs when it comes to work and life balance.Communications skills between managment is lacking.
Great informative people, awesome place to work.
Delivery driver (Former Employee), Tucson, AZApril 29, 2015
Pros: free lunches (if you get time to eat), fair pay...., til you factor in ware and tear and possible accidents.
Cons: dangerous drunk drivers area, general ware and tear and working 12+ hours without a break.
I'm glad this was my first job, really I am, but I had the worst timing and had to quit mostly because of safety reasons. It was right around new years and on ward and I never thought delivery driving would be dangerous but drunk people are scary drivers!

Besides, great managers, fun employees and a great way to learn basic skills for future jobs.

A typical day of work, for a delivery driver was pretty much non stop dish washing, helping and of course deliveries. I learned alot about registers, basic work tasks and even a little bit about cooking. The hardest part of the job was general ware and tare on your vehicle trying to get to often hard to find destinations with horrible road conditions and often scarily dangerous other drivers. Pry the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to give it my all.
Nice Place to work
General Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALApril 29, 2015
Pros: Working with customers
Cons: Being short staffed can really make the shift hectic
Managers are supposed to oversea the operations of the restaurant, but most of my shifts were stuck on line making pizzas and not being able to run the whole operation.
brick wall
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Kansas City, MOApril 29, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: everything
I have spent ten years of my life with this company. After these ten years I fell I have gone no where in this company. I feel like I have hit a brick wall
Wasn't the dream first job
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Tuscola, ILApril 28, 2015
After I clocked into work, I would immediately start waiting tables, greeting customers, or cleaning. It taught me a lot about customer service. My coworkers were fun, but the management wasn't the best.
Great Workplace
Waitress/Server (Current Employee), Eden, NCApril 28, 2015
Pros: Everyday pay
Cons: Some hateful customers
Working at Pizza Hut was an enjoyable experience. Working here also helped me get more experience for future jobs. Overall everyone was easy and good to work with and under.
Fun workplace
PREP COOK (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 28, 2015
A typical day would include taking orders online as well as over the phone. Stocking up supplies for the next day and food prepping. I learned how to multitask within the company. The management was on top of all the workers and their stations, making sure things were getting done. All of the coworkers were helpful to the new comers and didn't explaining a task. It wasn't hard at all, you just had to pay attention to detail and the training. And the most enjoyable part was the fast pace atmosphere, there was always something to do and it was hands on.
customer service
Cashier (Former Employee), Wilmington, CAApril 28, 2015
Pros: fun people to work with
Cons: a lot of rude customers
A day at work would be fun with my co workers doing our job, we all are always friendly and know what to do always. the hardest part of the day is would be when people wouldn't get there order correct sometimes and they would be upset. the rest of my job was very enjoyable
Fun and fast-paced at times
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Falls City, NEApril 27, 2015
Pros: Tips everyday, time to calm down
Cons: Fast-paced
Pizza Hut is a nice place to work, but personally, I wouldn't make a career out of it. It's nice to be a delivery driver because you aren't in the building the whole time you work, giving you time to calm down from a rush or something like that. The only problem I have with it is you have to claim all of your tips and get them verified by you supervisor, and the tips you collect come out of your paycheck.
Not a good place to work.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Brighton, COApril 27, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Never had breaks, or any kind of compensation.
No care about their employees or what they do. it was hard to learn much due to the area manager not cooperating and helping progress my GM did the best he could. Upper Management, Area manager and above, were terrible to work for.
Okay workplace for teenager!
Hostess/Server (Former Employee), Joplin MissouriApril 27, 2015
Pros: Fun
Cons: poor pay
I was a teen when I worked here, the pay was horrible, but it was a fun place to work and make a little bit of extra cash! You were able to meet different people which was nice, the hours were okay if you had been there a while.
Delivery Driver
Driver (Current Employee), Ormond Beach, FLApril 27, 2015
A typical day of work would be getting a $20 bank, oil pans, and take deliveries when they come in. Then i would prepare the dough for the next day.
fast pace low benefits
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Forrest city, ArApril 27, 2015
work was face pace I was a delivery driver. I learned how to drive very offensively. management was aright they helped when needed. My coworkers kept up tension and drama between each other. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the coworkers and there bullying and poor job ethics. The most enjoyable part of the job was the driving.
Nice work enviorment
Driver (Former Employee), richmond,vaApril 27, 2015
It was an average job but it wasn't what i was looking for. At times it would be very ratchet also. My co-workers would try to start fights and talk behind your back. It was very shady and at times it would get hectic all day within the work zone.
5 years there
Server and Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Winona, MNApril 26, 2015
I worked as a server for a few years then as a delivery driver through college. I made ends meet and it was a very low stress workplace. Never got a raise which is a bummer since I worked there for five years but I overall enjoyed working there.

About Pizza Hut

When it comes to tossing around dough, no one does it more often than Pizza Hut. The unit of YUM! Brands operates the world's – Read more

Pizza Hut Salaries