Pizza Hut
5,464 reviews

Pizza Hut Employer Reviews

its a job
Shift Manager/Shift Leader (Former Employee), Scott, LAFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: 50% off employee meals
Cons: pay and hours
Under paid and a not so good insurance plan. Upper management needs better detail in managing the company. good job if you are in school not a great place for a career.
pizza hut
Cook (Former Employee), Akron, OHFebruary 20, 2015
create pizzas for cutomers, deliver them, take orders, answer phones etc. I learned how to deal with others when a problem occur.
When it's good, it's great
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: 20% and 50% discount available on food
Cons: no breaks/lunch on an 8+ hour shift
As a driver, I was responsible for driving the orders to customers, taking phone orders, and helping to keep the store in good repair. This included sweeping and mopping, deck brushing the lobby, wiping off counters and tables, restocking the coolers, folding boxes, taking out the trash and recycling, and cleaning dishes and putting them in their place.

I learned a lot about keeping a friendly face on even in the face of adversity. You never know when you can turn an angry customer into a happy one just by your attitude.

The hardest part of the job was certainly dealing with those situations where you were stuck between a rock and a hard place, and had to be the bearer of bad news.

The customers certainly have the power to make it a great place to work, or a not-as-great place to work. I would definitely say they were the best part of the job, because they could very easily turn a poor night of tips into a great one. After all, they are a good 65-70% of a deliver driver's income.

I enjoyed working with my colleagues and co-workers, and management was generally very good at pulling their own weight and helping us out when we got hit late night in order to keep everyone from going home an hour+ late after close.

It is unfortunate that I have to look for other employment, but I was recently in a car accident that left me without a vehicle, so I was forced to leave since I no longer had reliable transportation. I enjoyed my time at Pizza Hut and am very thankful to my manager for giving me a year of employment that was very enjoyable and, for the most part, fit my schedule.
Fun but drama filled work place.
Server/Waiter (Former Employee), Twin Falls, IDFebruary 19, 2015
My overall thoughts on being a Server for Pizza Hut. Everyday was like walking on eggshells and everything I did I learned from the mandatory video upon hire and on my own. The co-workers spread rumors like wildfire. I loved being a server, but hated all the drama and the 2 hour shifts.
It was never a dull moment.
cook (Former Employee), Carthage, NCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: always a fast lunch
I enjoyed this job because there was always something to do. I really liked my manager. He was very understanding. I had great team members.
Fast paced job
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Clinton, SCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: 50% discount
Cons: low pay
Busy workday but inconsistent. It could go from dead to incredibly busy depending on the day and time. I learned a lot about cooking and cleaning working there. Management was good for the most part and the co-workers as well (for the most part). Main issue was low pay and not a lot of options for advancement due to the store not making a lot of money. Fast pace made the day go by quickly.
Fun place to work, hours are not stable.
LSM (Current Employee), Paintsville, Ky.February 19, 2015
Pros: 50% off food while on the clock, 20% off while off the clock.
Cons: no breaks, no hours, unstable schedule.
The job is very easy, co-workers are easy to get along with. They're practically no benefits. The schedule is not constant, and the hours are not stable.
Great place with good benefits
Driver (Former Employee), Idaho Falls, IDFebruary 19, 2015
Great pizza and great people. Good work environment. Good for drivers. Good tips. Satisfying work. Good training. Great company for a teen or college student.
It was okay
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), London, OHFebruary 19, 2015
It was okay during the summer but a lot of people didn't do their jobs and made it too difficult for school. It was a fun place to work and I enjoyed interacting with the public, but I did not enjoy coming back from a delivery and having people sit outside while there was a sink full of dishes.
Good Brand
Area Manager (Former Employee), Lexington, KYFebruary 19, 2015
I really enjoyed my tenure with Pizza Hut. I had the opportunity to work with some great leaders over my career with them.
Decent place to work
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Gas City, INFebruary 19, 2015
Everyone was friendly and easy to get along with
Hours were great for management
The job was very easy to learn
Was bit stressful when busy
College job, mind-numbing
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Do work, drive, live off gratuity. Repair cars, clean the nasty smell from clothes. and Repeat Daily. Minimum wage with no chance for a raise as a driver.
productive work environment
customer service and kitchen trainer (Current Employee), Plainview, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Working at Pizza Hut, I learned the value of teamwork and communication. The management is friendly and always helpful.
Team Work
Shift Management (Current Employee), Crystal Springs, MSFebruary 18, 2015
I love my co workers, been able to teach someone something I have learned really makes me proud to say yes I am the one who did that.
Fun Atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lithonia, GAFebruary 18, 2015
A typical day at work is coming in and helping prep the store, making sure all counter tops are clean and boxes are folded. You greet customers and assist them with choosing the type of pizza they want. The hardest part is dealing with irate customers the most enjoyable part is the atmosphere and meeting new people.
mans workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), tucson arizonaFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, discounted food
Cons: no breaks, not reliable schedule
hard to go anywhere in franchised company as a woman. takes advantage of long term employees and favors new inexperienced. good for part time first jobs, not for career
very fun work environment
delivery driver (Former Employee), Yuba City, CAFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: pizza
Cons: healthcare
This place was a great place to work at, but not much money unless you are a delivery driver. The management were really nice if you did your job properly. My co-workers were all nice as well.
Delivery Driver
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZFebruary 17, 2015
Delivering pizzas was a good part time job. Management was great. helped out around the shop by cleaning up, taking orders and preparing food.
Fun work environment
Shift Manager (Current Employee), Granger, INFebruary 17, 2015
Typical day at Pizza Hut includes making pizzas, cutting them, and placing them in boxes either for carry out or delivery. The night crew does the prep for the following day. Definitely learned about food safety and gained a better sense of dealing with rude customers. The management team is like a family. We work really well together and have each others backs. The hardest and most stressful part of the job is during the dinner rush when we have multiple orders and only a short time to get them out the door. The most enjoyable part of working at Pizza Hut is the family that we formed within the team.
Great Standards and Fun Place To Work
RGM (Former Employee), Jackson, MSFebruary 17, 2015
Pros: pay and benifits
Cons: turn over rate with drivers
The company is looking to grow, but is behind other companies their focus is to offer more to the customer and create a wow experience. The focus in house is poor. The average store should have at least 12-25 drivers on staff but this is the most under paid person in the store, and without them the company goal fails. There really needs to be a refocus on the way they hire and pay drivers.

About Pizza Hut

When it comes to tossing around dough, no one does it more often than Pizza Hut. The unit of YUM! Brands operates the world's – Read more