Pizza Hut

7.5K reviews

Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Found 6,086 reviews matching the search
Can be productive and fun with the right people.
Preparation Cook (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 28, 2016
As a prep cook, my shift starts with assessing how much product is up front and in the back so I would know how much of product would needed for the next day. Most of the time, my shift managers have already done that so that a real time saver for me.

When I first started, I only prepped the dough and that was it but I felt if i really wanted to contribute I should learn other things. I learned that you co workers will really appreciate you if you assist them with their assigned duties, especially when they are having a bad day.

In regards to management and co-workers, it pays to have a upbeat attitude because you will quickly make friends and create possible networks.
Pros
discount pizza
Cons
The smell of pizza and fried foods will stick to your clothes.
Pizza hut meridian idaho
Cook/Cashier/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Meridian, IDJanuary 28, 2016
Was a great place to work at the time, friendly work place good management with people willing to work with you when you need help.
Pros
Flexable hours, willing to give more when you needed more time.
Eh, not so good
Waitress/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Wallace, NCJanuary 27, 2016
Working here is stressfull. Things do go as planned. Staffing sucks. It's a constant worry. I'm so glad i was able to leave.
fast paced work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 27, 2016
Weekends would be high paced and all team members would work together in order to provide the best customer service possible
Great but more for teens
Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 27, 2016
This job was great when it came to the people I worked with. Very upbeat and positive. This job is more for teens and people who wouldn't mind staying at one position their entire life.
Great Working Environment
Part time Cook (Former Employee) –  Warren, MIJanuary 27, 2016
The management were very helpful and understand, my co workers were a get bunch of people with a friendly and positive attitude.
Pros
Access to good food and new product
Cons
Good service and positive attitudes
Cook (Former Employee) –  Canton, MSJanuary 26, 2016
I learned new things at work on everyday bases. When i first started, i couldn't even prep right, but after a couple days i was on top of it everytime.
Fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 26, 2016
Great job advancement, I was able to go from being a cook to being an assistant manger. This place is all about team work. It was a great place to work.
Great Company, terrible management at the store level
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJanuary 26, 2016
GM showed bi-polar tendencies. He believed that yelling and degrading his employees and staff is the proper way to conduct business.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Hostility levels were maxed out at the store level
It was a learning experience
Cook/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Virginia, MNJanuary 26, 2016
I was only there for a few weeks so I don't really have a review. The training was easy I picked things up really quick. Only thing I didn't like was how the Managers acted like they were so much better than you..
Pros
cooking skills
Cons
management
It was an alright place to work at
CSR/Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJanuary 26, 2016
I would clean the bathroom and run the dishwasher and put away dishes. Plus i would answer phones and take orders. I also did some outside work plus did some prep work when asked too. The enjoyable part of the work is everybody got along and everybody worked together.
Horrible Place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Mineral Wells, TXJanuary 26, 2016
I have worked at Pizza Hut for almost two weeks and i would never tell anyone to work there. The management and crew members have terrible communication. management allows employees to do inappropriate things at work. I honestly do not see how they are in business.
Pros
Tips (occasionally)
Cons
Certain days you have to give up your tips to someone else.
Fun Family environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, MEJanuary 25, 2016
everyone was friendly , simple tasks throughout the day ! Very Family oriented ! management was very friendly and helpful!
Pros
simple
Cons
hours and pay
Okay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Crestview, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Everyone very friendly and easy to work with. Very easy to work around the hours you need. Good tips. Friendly and easy atmosphere.
Responsibilities as an employee
Customer Service Representative/Cook (Current Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLJanuary 25, 2016
Arriving to the store on a busy day is a typical day at work. I've learned to multi-task between answering phone calls, to cooking and sometimes cutting the food whenever we're under staff. my co-workers are of the best I've had so far. We communicate, plan and execute said plan in order to get the jobs done. The hardest part of the job would have to be between cooking and cutting the pizzas considering that we have to move at a fixed pace in order to keep the food from overcooking. The most enjoyable part of the job is when everyone is able to cooperate and keeping the store organized and clean. Another enjoyable part of the job would be receiving encouragement and compliments from both the manager and customers for our hard work.
Pros
free employee meals
Cons
Little to know breaks and normally under staff
Productive.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJanuary 25, 2016
Learn to work fast to better serve customers on a production line. Every surrounding co-worker also did their job to make sure it ran smooth. As well as management made sure we stayed on point by assisting the production as well.
PRODUCTION/WAIT STAFF (Former Employee) –  Cadillac, MIJanuary 25, 2016
Working at Pizza Hut was fun and exciting. Always a good time with good people both associates and customers. I really appreciated that my general manager was willing to work with me with any issues I may have had. The entire staff was very pleasant to work with.
Pros
Free Lunch and Drinks, Very considerate of personal life
Cons
Few full time positions
Fun, A nice first job
CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYJanuary 25, 2016
This establishment is good for anyone who is new to the work place. It gives you room for error as well as how to understand the workplace. The management there are great.
Bad place to work.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Punxsutawney, PAJanuary 25, 2016
Pizza Hut was a completely different experience from Foxes The managers were so young and they seem distracted by their phones most of the time. You were supposed to go on a break everyday and sometimes the managers "forgot" to send you on one. It wasn't too bad because I had more hours but a lot of the days I was looking forward to have a break to eat lunch.

They fired me I had a hole in my pants. My girlfrend sewed my pants the day before and I guess she didnt do it well enough and they came open. It was to late to sew them before the manager notcied them and continued to lecture that I am responsible to represent Pizza Hut. I felt dissrepected more than anything for such a simple mistake. Anyhow I wasn't makingt enough hours there and not enough pay. I cut my loses and moved on.

Regardless...we had a free $5 lunch IF we went on break so that was pretty nice.

Overall 3/10
Pros
$5 Free Lunches on break (if you get one)
Cons
Disrespectful managers, Can't support my family with the money I was making.
Good place to get some extra cash.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Macomb, ILJanuary 24, 2016
Worked here and delivered pizza for a few months. I liked it and it was a great way to earn some quick cash. 4-6 hour shifts and made around $50 in tips on average.