Pizza Hut
5,262 reviews

Pizza Hut Employer Reviews

WORKING IN A FAST PACED ENVIRONMENT
TIPPED DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 17, 2015
Pros: great tips
Cons: wear and tear on your vehicles (driver)
PIZZA HUT WAS AN ENJOYABLE EXPERIENCE. IT WAS VERY FAST PACED, AND MY CO-WORKERS PERFORMED GREAT. MANAGERS WERE VERY PROFESSIONAL, AND HANDS-ON.
Productive work place
Head Cook (Current Employee), Independence, LAJanuary 17, 2015
A typical day at work consists of me taking phone orders, greeting customers, preparing pizzas on the make line, preparing wings, preparing pizza dough and cutting and serving pizzas. In this type of work environment I learned to move wit a sense of urgency, how to prepare food very fast as well as correctly, and how to keep my work space safe and clean. Management is very strict but fun in a way,and they stick to safety and procedure guidelines, co-workers make the day go by a little bit faster, they are every hardworking, friendly, and entertaining. The hardest part of the day was completely closing down the store on time after a very busy day on the make line. The most enjoyable part was taking a little break during the down time and chatting with the co-workers and managers. All in all, it is a friendly work environment in which I learned a lot about preparation, portioning a presentation of pizzas.
Requires a lot of dedication
Area Manager (Current Employee), Georgetown, KYJanuary 16, 2015
Good company to work for, a lot of hands on required by mangers. Rewarding job, good training offered. The company will always look to promote from with in and offer a lot of training to insure you get all of the knowledge needed.
Pizza Hut Summary
Driver/Cook (Former Employee), Eden, NCJanuary 16, 2015
Typical day includes delivering pizzas and cooking pizzas.
I leaned how to cook a good pizza and how to get anywhere within 30 minutes.
The management and my coworkers there were very nice and flexible.
The hardest part was making it to a house across town in less than 30 minutes.
The most enjoyable part was being around pizza.
it was ok
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Ridgeland, MSJanuary 16, 2015
The management that I remember, however, were fun, crazy, and hard-working people. My co-workers were the exact same way. It felt like a family.
I enjoy working at Pizza Hut. Everyone who works there are extremely polite and great to work with.
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Ocean Springs, MSJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: energy all around.
Cons: nothing.
My first day working, I learned everything that I needed to learn. I learned how to answer phones, serve properly, take out dishes, work the computer, put in an order, print out tickets, clean tables properly, and etc. The hardest part of the job would probably have to be answering the phones while doing other obligations, but other than that the work place is amazing.
Fast paced environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Fort Pierce, FLJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: excellent environment
Cons: no dental or health benefits
customers people friendly
team members people friendly
great teamwork
never a dull moment
enhanced manager experience thru customer feedback daily
A great workplace to be at.
Crew member (Current Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: i dont have no cons
A typical day at work is going to work and everyone working together to get the things done that needs to be done as far as answering the phones, taking customers orders, prepping pizza dough for the next day, dishes, and delivery driving. I learned how to do everything including cutting on the cutting station. All my co workers get along with each other. There's not hard about the job at all. I enjoy going to work because it never a dull moment. We work hard but also have fun too.
Great co-workers
Wait Staff/Receiving (Former Employee), Jennings, LAJanuary 15, 2015
I received the food orders in the mornings, I was a waiter, and i did some cooking. I learned how to work with a team. My co-workers were great.
Only good thing is free pizza
Team leader (Former Employee), Louisburg, KSJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: good pizza
Cons: no breaks, greasy after work, its fast food… it sucks
Minimum wage, hardly any opportunities for advancement, and even if you do get promoted the pay increase almost literally nothing. No salary increase if you work there for a period of time. The best thing was eating pizza for free every now and again.
fast paced environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Racine, WIJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: pizza occasionally
Cons: using own car for job
fast paced unless not busy.
learned that advancements are never guaranteed.
upper management was rarely there but the shift managers were awesome.
coworkers were nice people
hardest part would be using ur own car for work.
enjoyable part was making the pizza
New management that I know nothing about
Server (Former Employee), El Dorado, ARJanuary 15, 2015
Typical work day started with prepping the lunch buffet, serving customers, and breaking down the lunch buffet and cleaning up the dining room and bathrooms after lunch.
i loved working as a server
Server (Former Employee), Kingsport, TNJanuary 15, 2015
Pros: we didn't have to share our tips when working a big crowd
Cons: the amout of time you worked everyday i would work open to close most days
when I started working at pizza hut I didn't think that I would like it but then once I got used to working with my co workers and realizing that it was a lot easier then I expected it to be I loved it, it was again fast paced and I loved meeting new people and learning the regular customers as well
Productive and fun work place
Cook/Manager (Current Employee), Mount Pocono, PAJanuary 15, 2015
At the beginning of an employees shift they are to get everything prepared for a work shift in order to accurately make pizzas in a timely manner.

The skills that are learned are making different variations of pizzas from stuff crusts to the newest products that come out every year.

The management team is to make sure all employees are following the policy that are shown to employees before they beginning their training. They are also responsible for correcting any mistakes that have been made by the team and to help correct any problems that a customer may have through out the day.
For young people
Cook (Current Employee), Sumter, SCJanuary 15, 2015
This job is for younger people. I look at any fast food resturaunt as temporary for those who are in transition and have goals in life
Very busy but fun workplace.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Benton, KYJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: always had spare cash on hand due to tips.
Cons: short breaks, not enough pay.
Walking in the back door to clock in an check to see what deliveries are available. If there are some, deliver them. If not, check with other employees to see if help is wanted, answer phones, clean, or do dishes. By night time, prep work for following night and additional cleaning. I learned to thaw and prep raw pizza dough, operate commercial dishwasher, operate dough proofer, make certain pizzas, and map out of the local area. Some co-workers were fun to be around, others were rather snappy and we just didn't communicate. Hardest part of this job would be prep work. If deliveries are backed up all night, by time everyone is done cleaning, I would have taken my last delivery and i still have to start-to-finish prep and clean my works station. Enjoyable part of this job was the General Manager. He really cared about his employees and definitely made an impact on my life when i was in need of help.
Friendly work environment.
Cook (Former Employee), Hanford, CAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: friendly work environment
Cons: not enough hours
Working there was fun and would work for them again. Not may opportunities for advancement and mostly repetitive work days.
Its a decent start off job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Hialeah, FLJanuary 14, 2015
It started off okay to work for this company, however the hours are few and the pay is minimum. Its a good job to have if you are young but if you are looking to make a lot of money then I suggest looking elsewhere.
I liked working at Pizza Hut, fun and friendly environment!
Driver (Former Employee), Port Isabel, TXJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free food-drive around port isabel texas and have fun!!
Cons: sometimes i couldn't find the house, because it was a dark area of town!!!
I started learning everything from the computer cartoon and after you answer the test you feel confident you will be good. The Reality was that I had to write down where the buttons were on the cash register machine and learned the menu by taking one home to study it.The money was good- a lot of tips, good tips!! The thing that I didn't like is that I had to drive my 6 cylinder car and spend money on gas.
free food
cook/prep (Former Employee), High PointJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: sunday night football
-a typical day at pizza hut was fun I really enjoyed going to work
-what I learned was how to make pizza and how to toss dough
-mangers could have been more in order
-I loved my co workers
-there was no hard part
-I loved taking phone orders

About Pizza Hut

When it comes to tossing around dough, no one does it more often than Pizza Hut. The unit of YUM! Brands operates the world's – Read more