Pizza Hut
5,773 reviews

Pizza Hut United States Employee Reviews

decent place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCApril 4, 2015
fun and engauging environment, depending on the area decent tips are earned. long nights but fun employees. typical days are routine and the same, best part of the job is being around good food. I didn't really learn any life lessons there though
Privately owed IHOP is not a good choice for work
Waitress, Phone operator, Cashier (Former Employee), Opelika, ALApril 3, 2015
Pros: Some of the customers were regulars and they were nice, flexible scheduling
Cons: Long days, low pay, very small raises, associates paid for every broken plate and cup
I worked at a privately owned IHOP. Many long hours, staff is not well trained, Cleaniness was secondary it seemed. Management fell short most times. We paid for our meals even if we dont eat. We paid for dishes if they broke as well. Short breaks. Raises were rarely given and far between.
Easy work for the pay
Crew/Training for Manager (Former Employee), Virginia Beach, VaApril 3, 2015
Pros: easy work
I learned a lot about work in general. The management team was okay and most of my co-workers were enjoyable to be around.
Ok work for beginners in the work field.
Crew Member (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCApril 3, 2015
Pros: Free Lunch
Cons: Short Breaks
Always had somethng to do, I learn how important it was to work with others, management wasn't that great, I well with my co-workers, hardest things was that not everyone was a team player.I enjoyed the fun times I had with great co-workers.
Very Very Productive
Dough Maker (Former Employee), NMApril 3, 2015
Pros: Lunch was free
Cons: There are no cons
My work day was fast and furfilling
I learned how to mix and proof dough
The manager was great
My co workers were helpful and positive
The hardest part of the job was taking dough out of mixer
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my co workers and manager and making the customers happy
My time at pizza hut
Shift Leader/Team Trainer (Former Employee), Round Rock, TXApril 3, 2015
I started work as a cook. I worked that position for 20mos.i was moved to shift leader for 2mos before moving to a training store to learn to become a aasistant mangr. i then left to for better pay at church's chicken.
A fine job, but not the career of my choice.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Grand Rapids, MIApril 3, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule, tips, a delicious-smelling car
Cons: Late nights, low base pay, limited prospects, the temptation to eat pizza constantly
It's far from the worst job I've ever had. I enjoy the freedom of being on the road where I can consume podcasts, and I appreciate that I receive tips on top of my base pay. I don't like the late hours, because my wife is a tax accountant and it greatly restricts how much time I get to spend with her. And I don't see myself in a leadership position at the company. Not that I don't feel capable or qualified; I'm just not that passionate about the pizza industry.
a decent place to work
Cook/Prep (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXApril 2, 2015
Pros: employees meals discount
Cons: under staffed
a decent place to work, management is above average, under staffed employees; a typical day at work is a lot of orders come in a any given time.
Great Environment
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCApril 2, 2015
Management sticks by employees helping in any way they could. The most enjoyable part of this job is the different people you meet and the social skills you can develop.
loved the people
server (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCApril 2, 2015
I learned to have more patience and to be more outgoing with new people. I learned to be able to speak to anyone rather than just the people I felt most comfortable with.
worked there for a long time
general manager (Current Employee), Rocky Mount, VAApril 2, 2015
great place to work. good environment, great opportunities for advancement. good people. love my coworkers. great job.
Food
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Smithfield, UTApril 2, 2015
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
I loved this company and everything about it. I liked talking to customers face to face, as well as the fast paced environment when it got busy
Fun job, good first job.
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee), Casselberry, FLApril 2, 2015
General manger of the Casselberry location. Responsible for overseeing 40 employees and running all aspects of the store including inventory, maintaining labor cost, scheduling, training.
A day in my shoes
General Manager (Current Employee), West Bend, WIApril 1, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: employees
A typical work day for me would be to walk into the store turn the alarm off start opening cash. then I would do all the morning paper work and help the cook get ready for the busy lunch and dinner shift. I would also do all the paper work needed in between that. I have to be able to think fast and execute faster. My job is a lot of busy work and I like it. I learned that in the customer service industry that it is one of the most challenging jobs out there. Every day is different and unpredictable.
easy going, good managment
Delivery Driver (Current Employee), Shawnee, OklahomaApril 1, 2015
Pros: good tips, good people
Cons: not alot of hours
great for a first job or for people still in school. its easy going for the most part but can be busy at times. if you get a job as waiter or driver the tips can be a good bonus. you will be on your feet for the most part but it is easy work.
Good work environment
Shift Manager (Former Employee), New Bern, NCApril 1, 2015
Pros: Smells great
Cons: No healthcare
Good work environment.
Company too worried about making money that they don't schedule enough staff to handle what needs to be done.
Hectic pace, but ideal supervisors.
Prep Cook (Former Employee), Brownsburg, INApril 1, 2015
There were limited means for advancement within the store, and with the rapid pace of activities, it was hard to keep up with everything. However, the supervisors and manager were a pleasure to work with, as they were understanding of how hard the work was, while still being authoritative.
Pretty ok
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee), Katy, TXApril 1, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: No breaks
The job experience wasn't bad. The shift manager was good, while the general manager was real mean and completely inconsiderate of employee's lives.
Loved the fast pace but did not like the lack of team effort.
Server (Former Employee), Corning, ARApril 1, 2015
I did everything in the store and would often be asked to perform jobs that I would not get the correct pay for. However, I did enjoy the fact that I could do everything in the store. It did not take me long to learn the whole store. I had one good manager and he took pride in helping me learn everything I wanted to learn. My co workers were lazy and that drove me crazy.
great way as a start out job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), 1604 Alton rd 33139March 31, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: not good hours
working at pizza hut is an okay job to begin with. if you just turned 17, i would like for you to consider working at one. the hours i have are not the ones i wanted, but i have learned to deal with it eventually as the months go by. the people i work with are nice, they do not push you if you are doing something wrong or anything. they would tell me to not do this and gently show me how to do it better. i am the only CSR there and when it comes to answering and placing delivery or carry out orders, its tough.

About Pizza Hut

When it comes to tossing around dough, no one does it more often than Pizza Hut. The unit of YUM! Brands operates the world's – Read more

Pizza Hut Salaries