Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Found 6,076 reviews matching the search
Fast paced workplace but with friendly coworkers
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Pueblo, COJanuary 20, 2016
A typical day at work was fairly simple and it was pretty much the same everyday. Sometimes it was kind of slow but most days it was a constant flow of calls and orders. I would answer the phone when it rang and try to keep the hold time to only 10 seconds. Then depending on who we had there I would also work at the cutting station which is where we put the pizza in the box and put it in a bag for a delivery driver. I learned how to work in a fast paced environment, I learned how to properly clean a kitchen for inspection, and I learned all about customer service and that old motto "the customer is always right". My management and coworkers were all very nice and easy to work with. They always pulled their weight so everyone shared the same amount of work. The hardest part of the job, honestly, was how early I had to wake up to get there because the Pizza Hut I worked at was quite a distance away. I was never late but getting up early was kind of hard for me. The most enjoyable part of my job was the simplicity of it. Although we did change some things when the company thought things needed to be more proficient it was never hard to do my job the best I could because it was always the same.
Pros
Good coworkers and management
Cons
Short breaks and commute time
Driving, In store Duties, Delivery, Prep
Delivery Driver CSR (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 20, 2016
• Deliver goods to customers on time with care
• Moved, stored and transferred incoming goods from stores throughout district
• Followed driving security and protection policies and procedures

• Maintain excellent vehicle prestige and sanitation
• Worked as a competitive team and kept up team moral
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  MarylandJanuary 20, 2016
Helping costumers get what they want in a timely manner is the best part of the job. Communication with costumers is the key to working at pizza hut
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
na
Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Luverne, ALJanuary 20, 2016
Going in doing what was suppose to be done in the right manner as well as the right timely manner was a great success for the crew that was managed under myself. A typical day at work involved managing crew in order to succeed within making the food correctly and in a great timely manner for customers to be able to come back and enjoy once again. I personally wouldn't say that there were anything to hard I personally just put my mind to the job or task at hand and the outcome came out as accomplishments. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing customers happy.
Was a easy job to work for
Cook/Server (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2016
Typically was busy with co workers using weed on job site and management joining in the groups wasn't that joyful of a place to work for An you they don't pay worth the labor
Pros
free pizzas
Cons
putting up with people that did pot
Fun and challenging job.
DELIVERY DRIVER & COOK (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MSJanuary 19, 2016
I typically started out as an overnight driver which led me to be the last driver for the night. I loved it and the tips I was able to earn. The hardest part of the job was making sure you delivered customers order on time while we are under staffed. I enjoyed everything about the job.
working at pizza hut?
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 19, 2016
Working for pizza hut the first time was horrible i couldn't wait to find another job so i can quit. never again will i work for such a horrible company. Managers here are rude disrespectful full of bull most of all liers and thieves and pay totally sucks i was desperate of needing a job so i took this job regardless what they actually paid. they also cheated me out my hours and pay. i might of been employed here for quite so time but i never really worked those long 3 months i spent most of my time at home instead of work. i would miss weeks up to 2 weeks of work because they refuse to scheduled me. I was a new server there and as far as training goes ... very poor. they wouldn't even train me and then written me up when i messed up an order. they're computer is completely different from other restaurants i worked at, how could i know how to use the computer if i was never taught. he also banned me from work if i didn't show him proof of going to the hospital but i was never sick. the only reason i was home all the time is because will gave me 2 weeks off sometimes a whole month. during that time i started looking for another job since i wasn't working. horrible boss horrible pay horrible job what is there to think about? I quit that job.
Pros
good pizza
Cons
lack of communication, rude manager, thieves
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARJanuary 19, 2016
Starting the day with a pep talk and expectations of the day. We are pumped and ready now. Prep the pizzas for the lunch buffet and start out with a full buffet. Make sure any pre-orders are ready and out on time for delivery. prep for the evening shift and start prep for the next day. Do shift change 5 minute pep talk and encouragement of staff for a good evening.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Hours available for staff
fasted paced and fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COJanuary 19, 2016
I liked working for this job. it was fast paced. always kept busy in one area or another. answering phones to take calls, made pizzas or delivered the product
Pros
kept busy continuosly during shift
Cons
no real breaks during shift
awsome job.
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJanuary 18, 2016
money was good tips were good management was amazing hours are fair and super flex-able enjoyed every day i worked at that company
Pros
great place to work
Cons
always super busy
Not enough business during the day
Sales Manager/Driver (Former Employee) –  McDonough, GAJanuary 18, 2016
I worked during the day mainly and there was barely any business to have 3 drivers on duty. Alot of times he would send me home after being there an hour
Very productive and positive work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXJanuary 17, 2016
During my time of being employed at Pizza Hut I have enjoyed my time. I enjoy going to work, and wish I could continue to work here but due to personal reason I am having to relocate.
Pros
flexible schedule
It wasnt productive at all
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 17, 2016
It was always busy everyday and the management was poor. But they gave you a free dinner. A typical day at work was long and the staff was short so sometimes the workers who worked curtain shifts got off later than others. At times it could be enjoyable but not all times. The coworkers were rude to other co-workers and even new members. I learned that the customers are always right no matter what.
Cons
Long hours no breaks
Good Job
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJanuary 17, 2016
Customer service was alright. Respect for management was lacking. Only benefits to higher up management. Some employees were shown favoritism.
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Customers are usually rude if an accident occurs.
Productive and comfortable work place
Driver/Cook/CSR (Former Employee) –  Geismar, LAJanuary 16, 2016
Working at pizza hut taught me the importance of time and how you must take care of the little things in order for the big picture to happen. I enjoyed working with friendly employees and managers that were always there to assist if needed.
Pros
Learning how to make pizza and other products
Work was easy, some good co workers
production member (Former Employee) –  Catonsville, MDJanuary 16, 2016
This job was okay to me it was fun whie it lasted but I worked some lazy people. my manager at the time was rude at times unfair with the work schedule(some week were okay some were once a day)
Pros
free lunch, easy access to work
Cons
not enough hours
Good supplemental job. Enjoyed working there.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Defuniak Springs, FLJanuary 16, 2016
I enjoyed working there. My managers and co-workers were very pleasant, good people.

The compensation was minimum wage (I was a cook. I don't know what others made), and the hours were part time. I worked anywhere from 20+ to 30 hours a week.

There were no benefits other than a discount on purchases.

This was a part-time job. Minimum wage and part-time hours with no benefits (other than a discount) were and should be expected. You have to take it for what it is. I didn't expect any different and neither should anyone. The important thing here is that I was treated respectfully and enjoyed doing the work.

I would gladly work here again.
Pros
part-time, employee discount, great co-workers
Cons
minimum wage
Excellent pizzas and other food
Pizza worker (Former Employee) –  Vallejo, CAJanuary 16, 2016
I took pride in preparing and offering the best pizza I could make, as accurately, beautifully quickly as possible.

Most of my customers were a pleasure to serve and usually very pleased with our food/pizzas.

I mainly left because I couldn't get enough hours. At the time I needed about 24 or so hours. Now I only need 2, seven or 8 hour days.
Pros
great food and excellent customers
Cons
most of the help were unwilling to work for their pay and not enough pay or hours.
cashier
Ross (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 15, 2016
i learned how to work together and do customer service it was fun dealing with alot of customers and having busy days because it made time go by really fast
Fun work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day at work at Pizza Hut is energetic and hectic.
I learned to have communication skills, as well as enhanced my people's skills.
The supervisor was a great person and he picked the managers, including myself based on our personalities alone. My coworkers and I all became a family.
The hardest part of the job was working in the harsh weather, and actually having to leave the job.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers and learning different personalities.
Pros
Health Benefits, Great Food
Cons
Short Breaks, If your not a peoples person its not the job for you.