Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,490 reviews matching the search
Career Worthy
Restaurant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Dearborn Heights, MIJuly 12, 2016
If you have a chance to get your foot in the door and move up, by all means do so. Great company to work for. Fun work environment. I would go back in a heartbeat.
Productive and lively, management was superb
Team Member/Cook (Former Employee) –  Fishkill, NYJuly 12, 2016
Between lunch rush, dinner rush, salad buffet and the Wednesdy pizza buffet Pizza Hut was very fast paced. The management staff and the support they provided was definitly uplifting and motivating. They always helped keep everyone on task and up to par with the heavy loaded hours of the day. Service staff was always on point even when on thier heels. The holidays brought in bigger orders than usual especially during the super bowl, hands down hardest night of the year.
Pros
Free lunch and/or dinner, arcade machines available during breaks
Cons
back room was cramped, servers and cooks were "bumping elbows" during a rush
very fun and productive team
Cook (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJuly 12, 2016
The work environment was great, plenty of hard workers in my store. It was never a bore or hard to get along with anyone. We were expected to do our jobs and we did.
Good for part time
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  floridaJuly 12, 2016
Lets be honest, this is just a part time gig and nothing more to it. The pay is always minimum wage and there's no increase.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Customers are rude and demanding, no step-plan for those who stay for months/years.
Interesting placed to work.
clerk (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, ILJuly 12, 2016
The work is overwhelming, the coworkers are disturbing and rude. The owner is great though. He gives equal opportunity and treats everyone equal. The customers are also great!
It was okay
Pizza Chef (Former Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJuly 12, 2016
i worked here for 2 months
I left because i joined the military
I joined the united states air force
I left in two thousand eight
Typical day at work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 11, 2016
I would come into work check over the morning managers checklist and see what was done and what was not. Then I will let my crew know what's needed done before they can clock out at the end of the shift. Hardest part of the job is using judgement especially when people call and try to get free stuff all the time you definitely have to ask relative questions
Pros
food, employees
Cons
no air condition, pay is to little
Good place for teenagers to work
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, TN 38449July 11, 2016
Pizza Hut was a cool place to work. The management was good and easy to work with. I learned how to deal with complicated people and difficult situations. The typical work day was pretty easy just fast paced.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Hours
Job was great
delivery driver, and customer services (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TX 75035July 11, 2016
my gm made the work enviorment great he always looked out for us and gave me extra driving shifts to let me pick up extra cash co workers were great location was prime
fun place to work at
Production (Former Employee) –  Guttenberg, NJJuly 11, 2016
At pizza hut i learned how to handle money, I learned how to be responsible with my punctuality. My manager was a wonderful person who taught me a lot and trained me to become responsible employee. The hardest part of the job was when it would be rush hour time and all of us would have very hard times trying to keep up with the orders. The good part of the day would be when your co-workers would help me out when i would be struggling
Pros
wonderful place to work at
Cons
less hours
Fast-pased, providing great customer service
Team Member/Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 11, 2016
At Pizza Hut theres phone calls to answer, pizzas to cook, dough to prep, dishes to wash, customers to attend. There is not one thing we can't do, everyone does something at all times. The hardest time of the day is when it's busy, pizzas are coming fast out of the oven, that is when we all work like a team and get help to make sure the customers receive their pizzas in time. Best part is when we feel accomplished because we were able to finish prep, dishes, cleaning and we can finish everything calmly during closing times.
Pros
listen to radio, meal breaks, supportive atmosphere
Cons
really busy, weekends mandatory, cant call out if sick unless doctors note
Pays the bills
Driver (Former Employee) –  Griffith, INJuly 11, 2016
Not the worse job in the world, and as a driver I was able to pay my bills for 4 years without much trouble. The employees don't really work as a team, you're pretty much on your own.
Pros
tips
Cons
its not something you can create financial stability with
Comfortable and enjoyable
Manager (Current Employee) –  La Junta, COJuly 11, 2016
Day in and day out we all understand one goal and that is to make our customer happy in any way possible. The managing system is great, they hold expectations that are met everyday. Working with people 16 to 40 years old is definitely a great experience when I manage the store because I learn different personalities and I've learned to deal with many situations and making sure the outcome is positive. The hardest part of the job is motivating each other on days when someone had a bad day or nothing is going right for them but I love that I'm capable of making that persons day that much better.
Pros
Great Food
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Kittanning, PAJuly 11, 2016
very beginner paced.. friendly staff. clean and organized workplace. Great customers. Easy learning. Understanding management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
small
Work wasn't great but the people were
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, TXJuly 11, 2016
The Management wasn't that good. They didn't really want to hire or help. The co-workers were great but lazy. The shift manager and the csrs were the only ones really working. So that would probably be the hardest part because not everyone put in effort. But my job was enjoyable.
Pros
fun
Cons
short breaks
productive place
Pizza Hut driver (Former Employee) –  Lewiston, MEJuly 11, 2016
really liked working there but did not make the money I would have wanted to very slow to which other pizza huts were slowly closing and shutting down
Pros
great people
Cons
short runs
learning
CSR (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 11, 2016
I learned a lot working at pizza hut , especially with customer service. I learn how to handle customers , make pizza , take orders./
Productive, Youthful Office with Snack Bar
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Kapolei, HIJuly 10, 2016
90% of Workspace is made up of minors. Managers are laid-back and helpful with your confusions, co-workers sit 5 feet from you for hours developing bonds, employee group gatherings on break, small snacks can be eaten at your work station.
Pros
Occasional Free Pizza Samples, Key Elevator Access, Air Conditioning, Professional Environment
Cons
Bathroom Wait List, Cubicles
server
server (Current Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJuly 10, 2016
A typical day at work consist of serving our customers the best food and making sure they are happy from the time they walk in till they leave our store. I love my co-workers and have really learned how to team work with all different departments of the restaurant. The hardest part about my job is always smiling. Sometimes customers come in and they aren't happy and you have to have a smile the whole time no matter how they treat you.
Pros
love my job
Cons
little breaks, pay
Hard work with sometimes upset customers but management was a good group of hardworking people.
Assistant Manager/Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 10, 2016
Management cared about their employees. The district manager knew all of the long time employees and went out of his way to be friendly with everyone. I learned patience and understanding when it comes to upset customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9