Pizza Hut
4,253 reviews

Pizza Hut Employer Reviews

Great Place
Waitress/Production (Former Employee), Oberlin, OHJune 24, 2014
Pros: free meal and drink when we work
Cons: to far away from home and no benifits
Well my typical day at work would be to go in and make sure that everything was stocked and cleaned. I would wait on tables and sometimes make their food. I would serve them their food and drinks. My co-workers always tried to help when they could and I would do the same for them.. My managers were great to work with and were always willing to help – more... us when they could. The hardest part of my job was when we got busy and I would be the only waitress. The most enjoyable part of my job would be making customers happy to come and eat there. – less
Terrible work, Terrible Pay!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Longmont, COJune 24, 2014
Cons: no breaks, no helpful faculty
I was working at pizza hut as a customer service rep, answering phones, running the front area and greeting the customers.
My General Manager was very rude and unprofessional.
She had no work ethic and was very lazy most of the day and she put all the work on me even if there were 15 other crew members in the kitchen.
On a regular day, I was supposed – more... to be mainly responsible for answering phones and greeting customers, serving their food and dropping wings but on a regular day at THEIR kitchen I was responsible for helping the person making the pizzas (Cause no one else would help)
Putting them in the oven, cutting them, dropping wings, saucing the wings that were cooked, answering the phones and taking orders, serving food and taking orders for the Dine-In guest, checking bathrooms and cleaning tables every hour, cleaning dishes cause no one else would during dine-in rushes and I almost never had cleaned cups, silverware, pizza spatulas or plates for the guests even if my shift just began, before leaving home, I was responsible for cleaning the entire front, both bathrooms, and folding silverware but there was someone who was there before me who did nothing so I had to clean the mess that was building up from the morning when pizza hut opened to the night when it was time for me to leave (Which was a pretty big mess).
ALSO, The GM put me through a lot there and only paid me 7.89! I was getting paid the lowest out of everyone in the kitchen but doing managers duties most of the time, I know she was paying me low because my fiance applied to the south pizza hut later on as the same position I was in the North store and immediately got paid 8.00.
The managers loved saying my draw was short but watched as almost everyone in that kitchen dipped their hands in and out of the drawer that I was responsible for.
The managers ALL accepted tips from customers that originally left the tips to me regardless of who said hi to them first, I took their orders and served their food and I was the reason they left some of the tips that they left but the managers would take the tips because apparently, I had to pay them for their help even though their already getting a salary.
The management knew my situation and that I was poor, new to Colorado and living with roommates that were taking all me and my fiances money for the rent and utilities but the managers were relentless and mean to me and never once tried to help me purchase better clothes instead saying that the next paycheck I got (I made about $200-$600 in a month, once more, all me and my fiances bills put together were about $1000) I could not spend it on new pants back then and they never tried to help me.
Bri would scream at her faculty for making even the slightest mistake instead of helping to fix the mistakes, would judge and put people in the spotlight when they messed up and would have me do things that had nothing to do with my job!
She did not like my attitude in the workplace but didn't try to ever be positive and made me feel angry and negative the entire time she was around me. (She was a definite skunk)
She also tried to say I cursed in front of a customer yet I made hundreds of friends in Colorado including elderly people (I had just moved to colorado when I got the job at pizza hut) because of how awesome I was at pizza hut. She did not let anyone give customers discounts if they didn't ask for it but if they don't know about the discounts, how will they know to ask?! When Bri saw that I gave customers $10 any pizza any size discounts and saved them a load of money, she would be upset but the whole entire goal is serving pizza with a smile and saving our customers money!
The nicest thing they ever did for me (Back then I didn't have a car so I had to wait for the bus for hours after my shift in the cold) was drive me home at night sometimes.
I was picked on, spoken about and put to shame and I never once heard an apology from any of them!
Now, I am making about 7 grand a month as an independent sales executive and I'm planning on letting everyone know just how bad the faculty at the North Main store in Longmont is and how terrible I was treated!
Now, I get to go in there and laugh in their faces because their still at pizza hut and are older then me and I'm making more money then all of them. :) – less
Great for first time job seekers
Cook, Food Server, Shift Manager (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAJune 24, 2014
Pros: i was promoted
Cons: it is only foer first time job seekers
Was a great learning experience, was promoted to supervisor
Fun
Short Order Cook, Maintenance (Former Employee), Manning, SCJune 24, 2014
Fun place to work. Great for a teenager who is in high school.
Busy
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Springfield, MoJune 24, 2014
They're flexible with hours which is great because I work part time and am a full time student.
Fun place to start
Cook (Former Employee), Blakely, GAJune 23, 2014
Great people that taught me a lot! Helped me create a positive work ethic.
great for the community
server (Current Employee), Shawnee, OKJune 23, 2014
I really enjoyed working with this company and the people there. I only wished they would pay more and offer better hours.
great company to work for
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Page, AZJune 22, 2014
Pros: paid meals, paid vacations, great enviroment
Cons: nothing
was the best job that i have had in my life. if you show up, work hard, and show you are dependable and are willing to put the time in, that you have a chance to move up and on in the company. i loved the people i worked with. got great amount of hours, great food, and got to meet people from all over the world. overall is a great place to work. i was – more... a manager there for over a year, and i had a blast. got all the hours that i needed, and more if i wanted. – less
Manager
Manager (Current Employee), Pine Brook, NJJune 22, 2014
*Manage store’s daily operations and scheduling
*Manage and prepare payroll along with handling banking activities
*Order and conduct inventory of food supplies and manage record keeping.
*Ensure that the company’s safety codes and security policy are being maintained
*Motivate and train staff, as well as take disciplinary action when necessary
fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 21, 2014
this was a really fun workplace with nice people and an awesome manager who was very flexible with hours.
good place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee), Jasper, TXJune 21, 2014
Pros: free pizza
Cons: no cons
I enjoyed my experience working at Pizza Hut. It taught me how to be humble and never think i'm too good to work in the fast food industry.
Some play
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Rexburg, IDJune 21, 2014
Pros: i was a shift manager
Cons: i had to work late hours
prepared orders for our custometrs, I learned how to be a shift manager me and my boss got along really well i got along with all my co worker the hardest part of my job was getting people to listen to me what enjoyed most about this job was me and my boss getting along.
Fun Job
Prep (Former Employee), Childress, TXJune 21, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: low salary
Cooking pizzas at a fast pace. Had fun coworkers. Enjoyed the looks on peoples faces knowing the pizza i prepared was tastey
Very fast paced and unorganized work place
CSR (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COJune 20, 2014
A typical day at work was very fast paced, espcially during rush hours. I learn to be very patient.
proactive and productive
Cashier (Former Employee), Kuala Lumpur, M14June 20, 2014
Pros: fun, productive, big sale
Cons: little payment, no life, manager pressure
it is very enjoyable place to work. easy to create bonding with other team member. very productive, easy to get sale. however, imbalance life as i work until late at night and not enough rest, little payment and hard pressure by the manager.
enjoyable
Cashier (Former Employee), Napa, CAJune 19, 2014
open store,took orders in person and over the phone. ran the cash register. dealt with unhappy customers. did prep cook served alcohol and pizza to tables. bussed tables. and closed store as well after cleaning resturaunt top to bottom
Not well managed
Server, Cook, Driver (Current Employee), WashingtonJune 19, 2014
Pros: free food sometimes
Cons: not enough hours
Not well managed company. The employee's don't get the hours they want. Very friendly people, but not the type of work I am looking for.
good place to stay working
cook and dishwasher (Former Employee), Lexington, KYJune 19, 2014
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 7.00 a hour
as a cook the day is very much like an drive same plain to be successful and get the day over with.A typical day a work in my experiences would be the normal, be on time before time a good breakfast , then i would be going and running by notes i mad before to see how i would go by the list o my responsibilities for that day before i had to do today. – more... What i learned is no day is a like and things may happen but nothing that you cant handle be the time you've been in the line off work so nothing would be a case of following company policy .My experiences with coworkers never got into a issue with not doing my job because of a co worker , hardest part of a job to me is just getting done with the day the drive home . Most thing i love about me doing my job is that i did it safe and i meat company satisfaction to keep applying myself in life for long term employment with a successful company – less
i like it
Cook (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 19, 2014
they has okay co-works i was full time but i love them but i moved out of state i love them it was good working with them
Great work experience.
Customer Service Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 19, 2014
I would not return there. It was a great experience to have under my belt but the employees in management should not have family working under them and cause conflict with other management leaders.

About Pizza Hut

When it comes to tossing around dough, no one does it more often than Pizza Hut. The unit of YUM! Brands operates the world's – Read more