Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Found 8,921 reviews matching the search
Very stressful enviornment
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Hermitage, PADecember 3, 2016
The store manager can be extremely difficult to work with. This location has had a very difficult time holding onto managers in the past. If you are someone that has a hard time dealing with a manager that will show little respect towards you, then this is not the place for you. I have had to learn an incredible amount of self control over my tongue. Store manager has a habit of talking down to you, however this just seems to be his personality. When he is i a good mood things are great though.
Cons
long hours and always understaffed
Fantastic people, terribe upper management
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MODecember 2, 2016
The people i worked with in my storw were fantastic to be around, very easy going and a joy to work with. Shift leaders were amazing at their jobs and were willing to help wherever they were needed during rush. The rgm was lazy and refused to give anyone raises, would over schedule while she was there so she wouldnt have to work, but then understaff to save on labour when she wasnt. Over all it was a very positive work environment because of my co workers and lower management.
Pros
Free meals, great co workers, fun place
Cons
Upper management
poor upper management
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Delafield, WIFebruary 1, 2017
poor upper management that does not respect its employees but the Gm is awesome!
Typical day is hoping for good tips cause pay is terrible for all employees
I learned many things about making pizza
Workplace is comfortable
the hardest part is try to make a relationship with the supervisors.
The most enjoyable is the driving.
Pros
half off meals
Cons
no breaks unless they force you to
Fun environment with great management.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 25, 2016
It is a great job and I would happily return to it, if business picked up and the pay was right. The management was great and taught me a lot about customer service and how to lead a team. The most difficult part of the job was time management during deliveries, you can only estimate when a delivery would be there, and that isn't good enough sometimes. The most enjoyable part was driving and seeing people smile when they open the door.
Pros
Driving, free lunch, awesome management.
Cons
No breaks, tough deadlines.
Stealing and drugs.....
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MANovember 26, 2016
Although not every Pizza Hut is created equal, the one in which I was employed was a perfect storm of negativity. The atmosphere at 1269 main street in worcester was morbid and depressing. The carpets smelled and looked as if a Trex had thrown up all over it. Employees wouldnt wash their hands before preparing food, they would steal not only from the store but from the costumers as well. Marijuana smoke would often make its way from the back kitchen where employees were smoking the illicit drug up to the dining room where paying patrons wpuld smell it. The attitude that employees had was pure degradation and malice.
Pros
nothing lolol
Cons
everything/stealing!!
good place to work
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZDecember 19, 2016
a typical day was doing dishes, food prep, and taking deliveries,
i learned customer service, and good work skills,
my co-workers were very fun to be around and interact with at work
the hardest part of the job was the other drivers that i had to be careful of
the most enjoyable part of the job was getting out of the store and taking deliveries
Pros
nice atmosphere, making people happy
Cons
other drivers
Excellent job with great perks.
Cook (Current Employee) –  East Palestine, OhJanuary 17, 2017
Greetings,
My job at Pizza Hut has been one of the most professional experiences I have had in the last 5 years. I have been given great reviews and considered for management many times this year. They have great interactive training programs with hands on managers who will not let you fail.
Pros
Employee discounts and a flexible schedule.
Cons
No cons that I can think of at this time.
Productive and fun workplace with pizza
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 16, 2016
Delivering pizza as a delivery driver. learned the techniques with delivering. The management of making sure everything is on time. The co-workers would do the same stuff i do alternatively. The hardest part of the job is the directions of the location to deliver to. The most enjoyable part of the job is driving to the locations as a driver.
Pros
No free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fun Place To Work
Waitress/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lake Zurich, ILJanuary 17, 2017
Everyone knows you won't make millions working here, but the experience was great. I went into work everyday with a smile on my face. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Everyone became a friend. I always felt that my hard work never went unnoticed. Always room for advancement for the right person. A really fun place to work.
Pros
The People
Cons
Needing to drive in a snow storm
Inexperienced Managers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLNovember 28, 2016
General Manager didn't have a clue as to what he was doing. Most of the time he left around 7 and didn't clock out and because of labor we were short staffed with an extra person on the clock. He didn't properly wash his hands or require employees to wash their hands and seemed to be on drugs most of the time.
Pros
Cons
Work ethic and process sucks, I worked for Pizza Hut for over a year and did not receive a raise
A great company that provides good quality food.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Pizza Hut is very flexible with my schedule as a full-time student and was a great environment to work in. During my years working here, I've grown a lot and able to expand my experience in the customer service, management, and communication skill. As far as the quality, Pizza Hut is very strict on employee's hygiene in order to provide good quality food.
Great work environment
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Benito, TXNovember 26, 2016
Great co-workers and management. This job has taught me how to come out of my shell and not be shy. Gave me a sense of confidence. Hardest part of the job is dealing with customers who no matter what you do are determined to not give you the opportunity to make them happy. Most enjoyable part of my job is tending to my regulars and making new relations with new customers.
Pros
Making new friends
Cons
Dealing with upset customers
Fun but sometimes stressful workplace
Pizza Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Palmyra, PADecember 15, 2016
Get to relax driving while working but the workplace itself has some unreliable employees and seems like some people are doing more than they should for what they are getting paid
Pros
Food with discounts meeting new people everyday with a team building experience plus tips
Cons
No breaks no benefits people expect help but not willing to help others in return
Serving customers in a fast paced environment
KENNEL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lake Placid, NYNovember 18, 2016
I would say that this company was excellent for a working college student. However, I had never intended to stay with the company longer than need be in order to climb the corporate ladder for a job at which I believe to be better suited for. A typical day was dealing with customers, and using computers while answering phones. I had learned how to multitask, and keep a cool head. I would say the most difficult part of the job was learning multitasking, however it became a very helpful skill later on.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short breaks, not enough hours
Bad pay and not so nice people
Server (Former Employee) –  Corry, PANovember 16, 2016
I worked at pizza hut for awhile and found that customers were most often very rude. If you are someone who takes things personally this isn't a good job for you. I found myself upset most days for customers yelling at me for mistakes that the cooks made which was in no way my fault. Plus if you like to have holidays off and weekends I wouldn't apply here. The pay isn't nearly enough for the amount of time you spend working day in and day out. Also staff was pretty rude which didn't make working there very enjoyable.
Pros
Free meals
Cons
Rude staff and customers
Productively busy
Pizza Maker (Current Employee) –  Hilo, HIJanuary 11, 2017
A typical day at work is making pizzas at the make-table and prepping the vegetables and bread sticks/cinnamon sticks for buffet. I then clean the make-table and collect the dishes. While working at Pizza Hut I have learned how to communicate with others, the importance of spending and saving money, and hygiene ethics. Management can be supportive of personal issues, but also intimidating when assigning work projects or discussing problems. My co-workers are fun to be around and are supportive on lending a helping hand with orders and giving advice. The hardest part about work is keeping up with all the tasks and making sure the pizzas are customer quality. The most enjoyable part of work is getting to know my co-workers and making a variety of pizzas.
Pros
serious on code of food alllergies
Cons
Few breaks, few free lunches
Great Job
Pizza Delivery Person (Former Employee) –  Southgate, Michigan and Toledo, ohioDecember 29, 2016
This was my very first regular job and it was a great experience. I learned to work as a team with my coworkers and to get satisfactory results for my customers. There was not really anything that was difficult about the job, as we were always trained properly, and it was a chance to learn new things. I enjoyed working with everyone on the jpb.
Pros
A chance to earn my own money.
Laid back
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Gardner, KSNovember 16, 2016
A typical day at work would be prepping pizzas or serving customers. I have learned that Pizza hut has a fast paced job, they manager was a nice guy and has been there for over 10 years, however, he is laid back. My co-workers were fun laid back people as well. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the wok when we got busy. The most enjoyable part of my work at Pizza Hut was being able to enjoy the fun, loving environment with new people who were enjoyable to be around.
Fun work environment with friendly staff
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Pickens, SCNovember 15, 2016
Delegated daily tasks while working on paperwork, scheduling and ordering food trucks. I learned that properly trained staff can lead to a fun work environment. I was the highest in store management. The above store management tried to set rules when they never stepped foot in a store. The hardest part of my job was the stress of the stores downfalls coming down on me. The most enjoyable part of the job was the fun environment created by the staff.
Pros
Flexible work hours and decent pay
Cons
No set breaks and healthcare
Fun workplace
Host/Server (Current Employee) –  Gilbertsville, PAJanuary 27, 2017
I usually get to work and get slammed with tables or it is a slow night. Either way, I am almost always surrounded by nice coworkers. Some times it can be stressful when it is really busy however, so it is nice to have slower days, and there are those customers that are super nice and understanding when I am a little bit slower to get to them, which is relieving and appreciated.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Hut. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9