Pizza Hut Employee Reviews in United States

Found 7,511 reviews matching the search
Just use THIS review for McDonald's
Driver (Former Employee) –  Clute, TX 77531May 3, 2016
It's literally a "McJob"

No one WANTS to work at McDonald's.

It's the worst, grossest, most thankless job ever.

Managers get paid to yell at you for nothing, when all they do is sit around in the office pretending to be busy.
They don't actually "get out there" and do any of the real work, then they say "Hey, work hard and you can have my job!"
Why? So I can yell at people for no reason, make them feel bad, and then get paid MAYBE $2 more per hour for it?
Pros
free gross food
Cons
burn it to the ground
Very Family Oriented, and productive workplace
Server (Former Employee) –  Laurel, MDJune 7, 2016
a typical day at work with pizza hut would be seating customers by the family size to their tables , receiving and placing their orders, and serving them in a timely manor. I also took delivery and carryout orders over the phone. Working here I learned how to multitask.
Pros
I enjoyed interacting with different customers
Cons
There were times when the tips weren't so good
good place to work. fun people to be around
cook (Former Employee) –  Lexington, VAMay 1, 2016
Typical day at work was taking and receiving orders
I learned how to follow food safety guidelines and how to fill customer orders.
Management was very friendly.
My co-workers were very nice and ready to help at all times.
The hardest part of my job was maintaining orders on a busy day and staying after to finish dishes and to ensure a clean work environment.
The most enjoyable part of my job was making customers happy and working with my wonderful co-workers and management.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
random breaks
Management is very nice
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMay 2, 2016
Clock in and start answering phones and taking orders for pizza's. I learned at this job that if you talk nicely on the phone and be polite, people will do the exact same back to you. The management is very laid back and nice. There were a lot of co-workers and you didn't really get a chance to talk to them, because you are always on the phone talking with somebody else. Hardest part of the job was just sitting there doing the same thing over and over again. And the most enjoyable part was when the called out 5 minute breaks for people.
Pros
5 minute breaks
Cons
boredness
Past Job Reviews
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, OHJune 13, 2016
The environment at my places of employment in the past was pretty comfortable. I learned how to work with others really well. The most enjoyable part of the jobs in the past was interacting with co workers on a daily basis. I personally got along with all my co workers of the past. The hardest part of the job was when the places of business got really busy.
Pros
Co workers/ Management
Cons
Low pay
Abusive work environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 29, 2016
Frequent schedules that involve closing late and then opening early.
They allow non-employees to hang out in the back of the store and gossip about people who are working. One particular former employee is loud and verbally abusive to some of the people who are not friends with her.

A typical day at work involves coming in at around 5pm on a Friday, Sat, or Sun, and working until 8, 9, or closing. Tips vary between 50 per day and 20.
Pros
Free food about every third day
Cons
Abusive workplace, gossip
Their Expectations Exceed Ability of Team Members
Team Member/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  GAMay 25, 2016
They always ask for more no matter how good of a job you do. You could be the best worker they have ever seen and you still wouldnt be good enough. The best way to advance in Pizza Hut is to give up your life and and kiss the rear of the GM. On your days off they will call you in and cut your hours next week if you dont show up.
Pros
Cons
Called in on Days off
Hostile Working Enviroment
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Wellsboro, PAApril 26, 2016
I got offered an promotion to Shift Manager after being a Delivery Driver for 2 months. After receiving the promotion, I was accosted near daily with threats of being fired if I; refused a call-in, called off, or worked over 40 hours in a given week. I had no days off, and had to fight to keep my job weekly because I went over 40 hours nearly weekly due to not being allowed to refuse a call-in. Eventually I got officially fired because the General Manager 'felt I didn't really want the job' after I called off flowing company polices due to my truck not starting and the inability to find a ride to work.
Pros
a pay check
Cons
Unequal treatment, Hostile worknig inviroment for managment
Review
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte Hall, MDApril 24, 2016
I have all the respect for this company. I have worked for them for almost five years now and have enjoyed it. It has been a privilege to work for them. I have learned many things and will carry them with the rest of my life wherever I may be working. The company is a very loyal hard working company that is always open to helping its employees, on all levels of employment. Pizza Hut is a very respectful and open company that i have never had a problem addressing any problems or issues I may have had.
complete lie
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Maumelle, ARApril 24, 2016
I was hired as a shift leader and told it was 35 hours a week. They then call me and put me at a different store that caused me to have to commute 45 minutes there and 45 minutes back every night. I only agreed to this because I was told that I would get mileage reimbursement. I never got mileage and the management at that store was horrid. I asked to be transferred to the store I was hired for in the beginning and never got above 15 hours from there on out. Never work for these people. They will lie to you about anything just to get you to take the job. Also, the maumelle storeuses the employee break table to handle and package raw chicken and never cleans it.
Pros
Cons
just about everything; managment
Interesting Work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJuly 4, 2016
My first few weeks on the job was great. But as the younger managers began to train me and work hand in hand; they would inform me of "tricks" or ways to get around the system and get free food, not cash out some orders and pocket the money. I didn't feel comfortable with doing so and informed higher up management ASAP.
Pros
Great Food, Great Hours
Cons
Untrustworthy management
It was a very good first job for me .
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Archdale, NCApril 25, 2016
I would normally work 5 to 8 or 5 to 9 it would depend on how bust we were. I always got out before 10 on the week days. I learned a lot of people skills and how to be open and comfortable with a customer. My manager was awesome! He gave me my first chance in the work field. I started form the bottom prepping pizza dough and pasta. I moved to CSR , running the front , taking orders over the phone and chasing out customers. Then I was trained to make pizzas and cut pizza. My co-workers we great they were funny and laid back , they would help me if I needed help and were great to work with. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I would with and the type of environment we worked in.
Pros
1.07 for a personal pan and 20 oz drink !!!
Fun place to work
Driver delivery (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 28, 2016
A typical work day to me is go take the order and drive it to the customers. I learned a lot about the USA about their taste. I managed to be good at my job. My co-workers were so nice and good people. The hardest part of my job was the traffic between the orders. The most enjoyable part of the work was when you see the smile of a happy customer.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
work from 8 am til 5 pm
Pizza Hut
Customer Service Representative/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJuly 7, 2016
I enjoyed my time there working with the public and forming lasting and loving relationships with customers. The place of location was across from hospital and we often got people in from doctors appointment or had love ones in hospital. and being able to encourage them and put a smile on their face was what made me so happy everyday I worked.
ok job, could have had better management and better co-workers
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Palmyra, PAJuly 22, 2016
The Store Manager should have kept an eye on some of the shift managers and not make an 18 yr old a manager and also have more people to answer instead of putting it all on 1 person also not cut that person's hours down the longer they work there or tell the person that they don't need a dishwasher
Pros
free food
Cons
no help when it got busy
Very basic food service industry job.
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Blacksburg, VAApril 22, 2016
Daily tasks were simple and routine though the environment is high stress due to understaffing. Management only wanted to hit certain service benchmarks though lack of on-hand staff make it nearly impossible to be perfect; and lack of compensation makes it difficult for one person to work hard enough to make up the difference. The best part of the job is customer service and working with inventory systems.
Pros
Inventory system experience, free food
Cons
Lack of availabe staff, low pay for managers
Great Place for work experience
Server/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAApril 23, 2016
A typical day at work: coming in and doing my job and helping the other employers

What I learned: it take patience in fast-food

Management: The store was transitioning so the management needed a little help and that store had too much drama

Your co-workers: too much gossip

The hardest part of the job: when its very busy and not enough workers

The most enjoyable part of the job: good moments and helping the cusomers
Productive All Day
Customer Service Representative & Cook (Former Employee) –  Summerfield, FLJuly 15, 2016
A typical day at work was either really slow or really busy. I learned how to manage large amounts of money and how to cook and handle food. The management was okay, not the best. The hardest part of the job was cooking at a fast pace. The most enjoyable part of the job was making the customers smile.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Fast environment, greasy
Leader, productive, great listener, easily adapts, make pace adjustments.
(Crew member) (Cashier/Cook) Conflicted (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 16, 2016
I am currently a full time student athlete at Florida State University pursuing a degree in Managing Information Systems. Honestly, I found myself misrepresented in the eyes of Florida law, and found myself a nice individual on probation in Florida as a full time student and single father on Florida probation and trying to finish school while keeping my record clean of this false charge. Any opportunity given to me as a leader and great representative having great character will not take for granted any opportunity introduced to me. My goal on any job site is to complete task to the best of my ability achieving good work. Thank you for reviewing me as an applicant.
Pros
Work without breaks, on time, dependable
Cons
Student, slight record pending
Productivity and Learning
Cook/Delivery Driver/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Defiance, OHApril 26, 2016
The hardest part about a starting position at Pizza Hut, as any fast food restaurant, is the learning curb when figuring out how to do things most efficiently.After that, the overall environment and management style is pretty laissez-faire. All positions within the store are intense periods of working during a rush followed by a easy-going cleaning period.
Pros
Great management
Cons
Minimum wage

2.9