Pizza Hut Employee Reviews

Found 6,076 reviews matching the search
Fun atmosphere with bad management.
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Beardstown, ILNovember 7, 2012
A typical day at work starts off with doing two cash reassignments, a promotion and allowance ticket count, and a walk through of the restaurant to say hello and see what condition the restaurant is in. On good nights, the kitchen is moving smoothly, there's probably music playing, and the waitresses are running around gracefully. I go in between the kitchen and the waitress station helping out here and there but mostly observing to make sure things are being done correctly. On a bad night dishes are dropped, pizzas are made wrong, tempers flare, and money is lost. The management, while very friendly and helpful on little issues, lacks on bigger issues such as pay. The higher up management does not have much to do with the employees. The hardest part about my job is the human element and dealing with unprofessionalism. I'm younger then most of the people I'm in charge of and that creates a lot of tension sometimes. The best part of my job can be the customers. It feels great to build a relationship with customers and know that they are coming back for your service
Pros
it helped me meet the community
Cons
i get paid the same as the other employees but hold a higher title.
Comfortable work environment, good people and fun work
Production Professional/Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTDecember 5, 2014
Clocked in and got a friendly hello from most co-workers and even a hug from a couple now and then, got washed up and got to work. Days generally went pretty smoothly with a break halfway through most closing shifts and occasionally some left over breadsticks.
On rushed days things got kind of stressful but things stayed smooth, just a bit hectic.
I learned how to talk to customers better and found out what it is to stay calm in a stressful situation. I learned how to take orders, prepare food, and properly sanitize myself and my work space.
The managers there were, for the most part, pretty good, although the GM of the establishment was kind of a bully, he was an enjoyable boss.
My co-workers ranged from warm and welcoming to turning the other way when they saw me, more so on the warm and welcoming side.
The hardest parts of working at Pizza Hut were getting picked at by the GM and the occasional rushed days.
The best part about working at Pizza Hut was learning pizza, how to stretch the dough, make and cut the pizza, and the people. Some of my co-workers really brightened my day.
Pros
left over food is free
Cons
no holiday wages
Productive and family like workplace
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Macon, MOAugust 27, 2015
I would arrive and log into one of the computers to start my payroll, depending on what I was going to do that day, I might have logged in as a waitress or kitchen crew. I would usually be a waitress. I would then check to see what section of the restaurant I was working. Then I would prep myself with straws and anything else I was low on in my apron. I would wait for customers to arrive, as they did ask how many, grab the right amount of menus and seat the customers. I would ask how they are and take their drink order. I would return with their drink or and ask if they were ready to order. If yes, write down the order on a note pad. After I would log into a computer and place that order which is sent to the kitchen. When the order is complete, I would deliver the order and check on them a few more times, then finally return with the check. After they pay and leave, I would clean their table and prepare it for new customers. After all customers are gone, I was responsible for cleaning the waitress station, the restaurant floor, swept and moped, and also the rest rooms.
Pros
flexible hours, friendly staff, and 50% discount.
Cons
not adjustable to what days you wanted to work
Monitor projects status and review system performance and team activity
Manager of Financial Reporting Systems - IT (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 5, 2014
My team supported many mission critical systems for which the status of any issues and key performance targets were monitored daily. A variety of small to large projects in the form of fixes, enhancements, or upgrades could be going on at any one time. These projects required status meeting and reports to keep upper management and project team informed. Informal meeting were held with stakeholder, key users and business owners to hear their perspective and be alert for any potential improvements or issues that needed to be addressed. The maintenance of a work/project priority list was important, because we needed to insure resources were allocated appropriately. Periodic meetings were held with my team to keep everyone informed allow the sharing of ideas. I did a daily drop-by to my team members to see how items were progressing and to keep up to date with their activity.
Pros
dynamic environment, change required evaluation of current practices and search for better solutions.
Cons
sometimes good ideas were left without resources to implement.
Better than your average 'fast food' joint
Server / Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Richland, WAJuly 26, 2012
I served tables, delivered, cooked, and worked counter at a Pizza Hut in Tri-Cities and here are some of my thoughts.

I've always heard that the worst place to work is in the 'fast food' industry, thankfully Pizza Hut was the exception to this rule.

Management did raise the bar for customer service in my opinion, I grew close to my regulars while waiting tables and delivering and to my surprise my team leaders didn't frown upon that.

They really help you take pride in your job, even if it is just making pizzas.

Now as far as pay, it's minimum wage with few chances for a raise. Being a 'Team Member' is preferable to a 'Shift Lead'. The 'Shift Leads' have so much more responsibility and pressure on them yet only get about $1 more per hour. I had the chance to be promoted and turned it down due to advice to do so from ALL the shift leaders.

It's a predictable entry level job, no real healthcare options, promotion to a high level will take more time than reasonable and will NOT be worth it. That is the opinion of a former 'Area Coach' and current 'RGM'
Pros
team atmosphere is nice, work is predictable
Cons
short breaks, barely passable pay, no real future.
Not the best job.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 17, 2014
I liked working for Pizza Hut because of how fast paced and independent your job is. I was a delivery driver so I was constantly running in and out of the store. Sense of urgency is a must! If deliveries were slow, I would be washing dishes, prepping dough, or helping on cut table and answering the phone to take orders. The down falls however were the 4.25 an hour plus tips, tips in that part of town were small. Not to mention my boss over worked me every week! I eventually left pizza hut because working there was making me sick. Especially during the summer in 105 degree heat! Co-workers there were lazy and always called in, hence why I was over worked! The most enjoyable part of this job was the independence! I love people and I love working with others but being able to go to work and know what I had to do and then being able to just do it! no one has to say hey! take this delivery because I'm already trying to take 3 separate deliveries to my car! I am very self reliant and task-oriented! I also work very well and shine with other employees! I'm a motivator and an up-lifter for strong work ethic!
Pros
indepent tasks and fast-paced.
Cons
long shifts with no breaks, bad pay.
productive working place
delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAApril 3, 2013
The tips arent as much as people think they are.Try driving at night.The addresses are sometimes totally impossible to see.People dont answer the doors-like you would expect-they are listening to music.They dont have the money they are supposed to have.they complain the food is not hot enough.Or they have coupons-even though taxes are apart of it too.They wont pay the taxes,They say it is false advertising.On,and on and on.Not all of them are like this.
Now the pros.You deliver to a poker game-thats good for say 80.00 tip.You deliver to a pool party.Some of the woman are walking around topless and you get an 60.00 tip.plus offered some pizza and beer -thats not to bad either.A woman leans over to get some money out of her purse.Her breast pop out of her shirt-she is 20 years old and built.Or she bends over-with her butt in your face and she isnt wearing any underwear.They she says"do you think my butt is to big?".While her husband /boyfriend is watching you.Ok so now what are you supposed to do."no its find"-but you get a 15.00 dollar tip.Then another one,Woman have been drinking.They ask "How long is my thing and how many times a can climax in an hour?"
Relaxing in the morning with energy in the afternoon.
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Rapid City, SDNovember 11, 2013
A typical day would start around 8. I would get to the store unlock the door and clock in. First to arrive. Pull dough out of freezer, if not proofed all the way than i would roll the carts in to the proofers. I would than throw away any outdated ingredients. Set the maketable up and fill it with toppings. Than on to buffet pizzas for lunch. I would top 8 to 12 of each; pan, hand tossed, and thin. Sauce and cheese 20 hand tossed and 20 pan for dinner. Get all that done before we opened at 11. And make any future orders for the day. Some tickets would have up to 20 pizzas, sometimes multiple tickets. Clock out between 1 and 3 depending how busy the day. Was opening cook from May 2013 to October 2013. Before than was closing cook and driver. Sometimes we would not have a driver in the morning and i would have to cook and take deliveries in the morning. That happened more regularly than not. Coworkers were nice but they had their times of rudeness. The hardest part was dealing with rowdy customers. Cooking pizzas was the most enjoyable, it was relaxing in the mornings working by myself.
Pros
great routine, decent hours.
Cons
management
It's a fair place to work :)
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 25, 2012
Your typical work day starts out good and ends great. The people are typically easy to get along with, however, rush hour and holidays can be pretty uneasy for everyone.

I learned a lot working for Pizza Hut. Great customer service, working as a team, how to properly prep and cook foods, inventory, date in/out foods for good and bad, clean cookware properly, properly sanitizing dishes after being washed, how to count money in a fast and accurate manner, how to prep dough in bulk, cut each sized of order, how to properly setup store for a starting work day, and so much more.

Management is great and easy to get along with. They do their best to work around your schedule if needed. They fix problems as needed (honestly didn't run into problems that often).

The hardest part of the job was leaving and having to say goodbye to all the respectful people of what made a really great team in which you was part of and now parted from.

The most enjoyable part of the job was getting there and seeing everyone with smiles and being greeted as you walked in. I miss working there.
Pros
what you learn sticks with you for a life time
Cons
district managers have attitudes...
I would like a career in the field in which I studied.. not just a job
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAOctober 5, 2013
I am currently employed at a restaurant as a shift manager. My typical day at work is doing the prep for the entire day, getting together the deposit to take to the bank, setting up the registers, managing approximately 7 or more employees during my shift, answering phones, maintaining driver check in, make table & cut stations, assisting customers at the front counter, & making approximately 300 orders on my shift. I have many different people with many different personality traits that I deal with on a daily basis. You have to look at & find someones positive traits & focus on that. I have to be very detail oriented, a fast paced mover & shaker, & be able to muti task & change positions at a drop of a hat & be able to also keep a smiling face & positive attitude at all times. I'm very energetic, a hardworker and extremely trustworthy and definately a team player.
Pros
i get to deal with a multitude of different people on a daily basis, there is never a dull moment. i've never met a stranger, love people
Cons
in my current position we dont have any healthcare & very little pay and having to fight for hours
Great first job
Customer Service Rep, Cashier (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXFebruary 4, 2013
It was my first job, I had just turned 17 and was still in high school. The location I worked at had nice managers, the general manager was rather annoying but did his job well. The people I worked with were really cool. You don't get many, if any, chances to move up or get a raise, this is probably not the best job to pay the bills. It's generally loud and fast paced, especially on the weekend; I'd frequently find ymself running around. Fixing orders is annoying you sometimes you do have to deal with angry and annoying cutomers. Overall, it was a nice experience, you'll do well if you work hard and set a high standard for yourself, because I did when I left my manager bought me cake and a card. Also, I worked as a cashier and andswered phones and learned allot about customer service. Because I kept a very happy, positive attitude my customers remembered me and some were sad when I left.
Very flexible with schedules, this is definately a GREAT first job experience.
Pros
discounts, cool co-workers and managers, fast paced but relaxed, you know your responsibilities
Cons
not the best pay, no benefits, allot of cleaning (greasy things...)
I loved working here, it was my first job and was the #1 store in the nation while I was working there.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Cleburne, TXApril 7, 2014
My typical day while working here consisted of answering phones, placing orders, satisfying customer needs and complaints, assisting the front counter and the drive-thru window, and operating a cash register. I learned my customer service and customer satisfaction skills while working here, along with managing a cash register and navigating around a touch screen menu. My management was top rate and contributed to my success and the success of the store's #1 national ranking. My co-workers were amazing, we worked well as a team and had a great part in the #1 national ranking. The hardest part about this job was when it went from corporate to franchise, all my abilities as a customer service rep was given to my supervisors when it came to complaints, I could no longer satisfy customer complaints. The most enjoyable part about my job was learning customer service and interacting with customers, this was my first job and I learned all of my customer service skills here and applied them to my other jobs.
decent to sour as time went by
Customer Satisfaction Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 5, 2013
cool place to work at first.

TOO MANY MANAGERS CAME AND WENT. all the good ones chased out due to bad customers trying to purposely rip us off, and immature co-workers that just wanted to play around, do nothing and get a check. I remember a co-worker would literally sleep nearly their entire shift. one would tie up the phone line with personal calls when there was work to be done. As a delivery driver I was doing everyone's job but the manager's. From the cut table (take pizza out oven, cut box, and bag) Making the pizzas, answering the phones taking orders, cleaning up at night, plus my deliveries.

the tips just wasn't worth the wear and tear on my car anymore.
manager messed with my hours that screwed me out tax refund for that year was the last straw and i left.

there where a couple of managers that deserved to leave, one chased customers away being rude, and the other was embezzling from the company (but by then i had already left)
Pros
paid my half of the rent when primary job wasn't
Cons
no raise, new drivers came in making more than the rest, doing everyone else job they were lazy, scheming customers
Not Very good in the Leland location when I was there.
Server/ Busser / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leland, NCApril 11, 2013
A typical work day for me included doing everything as well as possible and keeping myself busy. My co-workers, the female manager, and regional manager were great people. The other male manager ended up leaving before I did because he could never handle
being in the weeds every now and then. He was terrible and loved to blame everyone else for things he could have easily fixed. Our location didn't have heat and it was extremely cold, because we were not " wings street affiliated " Pizza hut's corporate office treated us like we didn't matter, which made the customers feel like they didn't matter. The hardest part of the job was seeing customers leave because it was too cold and I couldn't do anything about it. The best part of my job was the people I worked with, honing my skills of a fast-paced work place and seeing that I made people's day by making them laugh and feel important.
Pros
the employees, even flow of fast paced work, most of the customers are good people.
Cons
no real pay, lack of hours, the male manager i had to deal with, the customers that would try to cheat us out of money.
Very fun to work here
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 5, 2015
Pizza hut proved to be an incredibly fun place to work at. The company generally pulls in like minded people so it's easy to get along with everyone.

As a delivery driver I had to wash dishes throughout the day, fold pizza boxes, cut and season pizzas, and handle phone call and walk in orders alongside my normal duty of delivering pizzas. I got along really well with all of my management. I worked alongside our regional manager for the second year that I was employed at Pizza Hut. From my experience the lower end management were very unskilled and unmotivated.

The most difficult part of the job would be handling the influx of orders on holidays and major sports event, but that may have been attributed to working in a smaller than normal store. Being able to drive around, listen to your own music, and generally relax during the entire trip to and from the customers house was easily the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
Free lunch, fun coworkers, laid back, some customers are very fun to interact with, instant cash in hand
Cons
Short to no breaks depending on management, low hourly pay, stressful during holiday seasons
A fast-paced work environment with advancement opportunities
Cook (Current Employee) –  Geneseo, NYMay 22, 2012
A typical day at work as a cook includes maintaining a clean organized work area, completing customer food orders within a specific time frame and efficiently. I also answer phones with excellent customer service and cash-out customers accordingly. I have learned all of the recipes and food items that are required for my position with the required tools. I have also trained new employees for the cook/dishwasher position. I am in the process of completing management training at a nearby restaurant. The advancement opportunities are endless. I work with a great team to achieve the main goal of customer satisfaction. The hardest part of the job is to complete demanding orders within a short time frame. Overall the job is enjoyable in many ways. Pizza Hut worked around my college classes, gave me advancement opportunities, and gave me a place to work while in college. I work with great people, and I like getting the satisfaction of a job well done.
Pros
employee discounts, fast-paced, room for advancement.
Cons
demanding position, stressfull at times, and minimum wage
Productive and fun work place
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYSeptember 11, 2013
You go in set yourself up for success regardless if your super busy or not. As long as everyone works as a team there's nothing that can stop you. I learned how to control situations in a positive way. Customers are always right and they come first because they are your business without them your not bringing in income for you or your employers. The managers are awesome you cant beat having a manager who is willing to joke around with you aslong as your getting the job done and correctly, but who can also ride you when your don't doing things your suppose too. The staff knows when its crunch time and everyone seemed to have each others back in some kind of way. My job was really simple but if I had to say what the hardest part was I think it would have been controlling the uncontrollable. Some people just are who they are and it doesn't matter what kind of authority figure you are they just don't know when to stop until its to late and there jobless. Over all it wasn't the best place ive ever worked but it was right on up there. I would recommend.
Pros
the way you are treated advancement
Cons
short breaks health
All about Advancment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Guthrie, OKSeptember 30, 2013
A typical day at Pizza Hut involves opening the store, taking customer orders and making the customer orders. Prepping food for the next day and dispatching delivery drivers. A typical night at Pizza Hut invovles supervising kitchen, service and delivery staff. And trying to make order of the chaos that can naturally come with fast food resturants. Food prep for the next day and closing the store and making the nightly deposit. All managers are responsible for knowing all positions and helping where needed.I started working at Pizza when I was 17 and by 18 was an assistant manager. I love that they are all about advancing people who show the drive and responsibility they are looking for. The only complaint is that all they care about is labor. Even when customer service suffers because of it. I was often short staffed just so that we would meet labor expectations. It often resulted in customers complaining because of slow service. Assitant managers and General Managers are given good health insurance and bonuses.
Pros
manager meals. quaretly bonuses. flexible hours.
Cons
short staffed.
fun easy and productive company
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, TXJune 12, 2013
my first real job, i would leave high school about 5 and get to work pick up my cash for delivery and travel from place to place delivery of pizzas and beverages. i cut pizzas when no delivery was needed. i learned that pizza hut crust is pre frozen and how to empty a grease pit. how to use a pressurized steam cleaner for dishes. my management was awesome Blake and Martha understood after i started trade school that i needed different hours so i started to work latter at night. i had a good raise every once in awhile. my co-workers where fun to work with and sometimes a pain. but drama is everywhere. the hardest part of the job was my car. my Oldsmobile was what was given to me by my parents and my first official car and it broke down quite often however my mechanic was right across the street from pizza hut. the most enjoyable part of my job was that i had 401k benifits and could get religious holiday off when i needed to. also all the free pizza from prank call orders and mess ups we got to take home.
Pros
good pay, flexible hours, helped me get started so i could get a better job
Cons
wear and tear on my car
It's a job for those who are in school
Cook (Current Employee) –  Evans, GAMarch 10, 2014
The job is very simple. You shouldn't have to think too hard about what you are doing. The management is alright, but I think I could have dealt with something better, but they are flexible with your schedule. From a critical point of view, the co-workers are pretty selfish. The job depends on teamwork and they will only do their job if they are yelled at or pointed out. I enjoy making the pizzas, but it gets difficult if you have to cook them then cut them all by yourself, especially if the store peaks on the business day. Continuing from the management, it is not that great. They cannot handle too much stress, which high amounts of stress is expected when becoming a manager. Plus, they aren't hiring the right amount of team members. Two main cooks cannot hold up at that store, especially if it's part time. There has to be some back up to that. And, I don't really get any raises for what I do. I've worked there for three years and only received one raise. Overall, it's an alright job if you're in school or looking to make extra cash.
Pros
flexibility of schedule, super cheap meals, breaks
Cons
pay, hours, barely any raises