Pizza Inn Employee Reviews

Terrible
Waiter and Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Christiansburg, VADecember 1, 2016
The job itself isn't terrible. It's the owner. He would fly off the hinges and cause more harm than good on busy nights. On nights he didn't work. Everything ran smooth
a pizza in less than five minutes
PieFive (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, TXNovember 5, 2016
a typical day consists of making copious amounts of pizza and smiling so much. I love my job there and wouldn't change it for anything, I would love to get into corporate and change some minds and give out ideas.
Pros
free pizza once a day
Cons
too many spoons
Fun place to work and good people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Tylertown, MSOctober 30, 2016
Good clean place to eat,very nice people to be around. Manager is sweet and always talks to you to be sure you have very thing you need. I really liked working with all the amazing people.
Pros
You get free cookie pizza for your birthday
Cons
Really dont get many breaks
productive fun working place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 27, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company as a shift manager and a fast paced resturant i learned to work in a a different enviorment and how to run a pizza place the management were very helpful in training and overall being a manger my co-workers were very respectful and fast learners the hardest part of my job was learning the paperwork but once i did it was not a problem the most enjoyable part of being a boss is being able to serve the community in a food service enviroment
Pros
free lunches raise
Cons
short breaks short staffed
Overall great place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  High Point, NC 27263October 12, 2016
I became more comfortable interacting with the public. Flexible work schedule. Depending on your shift, you may prep the salad bar or take tables upon arrival. The most enjoyable part of the job was creating friendships that will last a lifetime!
great work place
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 27, 2016
My very first job as a waitress it was okay it was a paying job. the customers treated the waitress badly. but make good money as a waitress. Until i worked my up into management, We also had a great manager that care for her employees and she was a great manager.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Pizza Inn summary
Server/Cook (Current Employee) –  Floyd, VASeptember 16, 2016
Pizza inn is a decent place to work for an individual looking for lower income. The management is very accepting and pleasant to work for. The low amount of employees makes it difficult to move up into management. I am searching for a new job only due to the need for higher pay and benefits that were not provided through the company.
not what i wanted from job experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 12, 2016
I am not anti-pizza inn, i just do not wish to work in food any longer. PizzaInn itself, at the corporate level is corrupt and praise stores of volume, not of merit.
fun easy going job
Part-time worker (Current Employee) –  Glenwood, ARSeptember 7, 2016
Great atmosphere, nice coworkers, fun, not too hard a job, and great management and boss. busy times, and bonuses for working hard, work with college schedules and needing time off, very nice, I have worked in a second store of theirs and its a lot busier but still an easy job, not too bad of days.
Pros
free lunches, flexible hours, and works with what you need
Cons
not many breaks, not great pay, and no other benefits only part time
Productive, great first job
Cook (Current Employee) –  Pickens, SCSeptember 6, 2016
Typically made pizzas every day, washed dishes, cut and ran pizzas onto a buffet and ran register and call in orders. Worked upwards of 25+ hours per week.
Pros
Free drink and lunch
Cons
Low pay
Very fun, love the employees
Hostess, Server, and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 31, 2016
I really loved this place, I have made countless friends here, I have learned many life lessons. This place help me come out of my shell. Before Pizza Inn, I was shy, and an introvert. Now I am outgoing. I am thankful for having Pizza Inn as my first job. Its the perfect place to start out at!
Pros
Delicious food, good money
Cons
Sometimes theres not enough business
fast paced with mostly regulars as customers
Manager (Current Employee) –  Big Spring, TX 79720August 29, 2016
The stores selling point is buffet which has to be refilled from 11 am to 9 pm daily. The store also did delivery and carryout but mostly buffet. Hardest part of the job was managing the younger crowd, some of whom had never had a job before.
Pros
Free lunch, flexible hours
Cons
no benefits or opportunities to move up
Fun workplace
Cook (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARAugust 18, 2016
Made pizza pasta sandwiches and soups for buffet take out and delivery. Answered phone took orders made dough at end of night cleaned and closed kitchen
Pros
Free food on breaks
Cons
Short breaks
Horriable Management
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Ardmore, ALJuly 24, 2016
Very fast pace and a lot of business. Get yelled at alot. The Management/owner is a perfectionist. You will get fired for any small little thing you do wrong. Co-workers are really nice and well behaved. You only get hired if you are well dressed and pretty for the waitress position. the hardest part is trying to do everything perfect.
Pros
great tips and alot of customers
Cons
management is a perfectionist
Great work place
DRIVER/COOK/DISHWASHER (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXJuly 5, 2016
Everyone gets along very well with each other, everyone is able to communicated with each other very well. The company worked well with my high school schedule.
Enjoyed working with the people and the customers.
Server, Cashier, Salad Bar Prep (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 1, 2016
Pizza Inn was a great place to work. I loved the people I worked with as well as the customers. The hardest part would be working a full day with only a 20 minute break and the best part was getting to know the customers and creating regulars.
Small town business
Chef (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, AR 72401June 23, 2016
I was in high school when I started this job. I liked making pizzas. I had to quit though due to conflicts with sports. good pizza. good people.
Fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCJune 8, 2016
Go in make dough for the lunch shift, go to the bank, then come back get ready to open for business. My store manager was great to work for and a good friend. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
there we eat for free
Cons
down times when buffet was over
Productive and fun atmosphere with coworkers and supervisor in a professional setting
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 26, 2016
This was my first job working with the public and I am thankful for the knowledge learned at Pizza Inn as I set out for growth in my job seeking opportunities. On a typical work day, I would set up for incoming guest by preparing the buffet and salad bar along with cleaning the dining room and setting up for any parties we may have coming in. I greeted customers and seated them and took their orders and made sure they had everything they needed while dining with us. I took special orders they had for the buffet and maintained a clean dining room during hours of operation. I assisted my supervisor at checking customers out at the register as needed. I took personal orders over the phone for take out. All of us that worked the dining room would assist each other when needed especially when we had large parties. The hardest part of my job was when we were short staffed and I had a large party along with my own area of the dining room that I was responsible for too. I had a great supervisor who would help out the best she could. There was a lack of communication between management and supervisor's that made the job more challenging then it should have been. I learned so much from working there since this was my first job working with the public, but it was a rewarding experience since I am a people's person anyway. I really enjoyed when I could help out in the kitchen and I got to learn how to prepare certain entree's and in our down time we got to experiment with creating new entree's and if it was approved by management it would become one of the new items on our buffet. Overall,  more... I could not have asked for a better place to work as my first job, I just need something that pays better since most of our salary was based on our tips and on slow nights if my area in the dining room was not being used I would not make anything.  less
Pros
We got to eat from the buffet after closing
Cons
Salary, lack of management
Fun, productive restaurant with great coworkers
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXMay 18, 2016
I worked with the same group of people for 4 years. I had an amazing group of managers who wanted me to succeed and worked with me on the hours I needed to help me with school. The hardest part about working as a waitress was when it would get busy. Trying to maintain customer satisfaction during a stressful, busy time can be difficult but you learn how to manage it after being there for quite some time. I developed team work skills and people/communication skills. Being there for so long I developed relationships with my customers and being able to see them often and catch up was rewarding.
Pros
working with a great group of people, made work enjoyable
Cons
Being a waitress you don't really get a break unless it is slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pizza Inn. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6