PK USA Employee Reviews

Overall
Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJanuary 3, 2018
If the management at pk use was more fair. And if they would listen to their employees then things would be better. I would have loved to have has a challenge. Instead I was falling asleep.
Pros
The good insurance.
Cons
To short of breaks. And the pay could be better. So could management.
worked too many hours
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSDecember 19, 2017
They had us working too many hours. We worked way too much as if we had no outside life other than that warehouse. They worked us seven 7 days a week for eight 8- ten 10 hours a day, no days off
Sucks
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 20, 2017
I was employed due to a skilled trade and was not paid like i should have been management sucked would not work there if it was the last place on the planet
Poor Management Makes for Long Days
HR SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 2, 2017
The logistics planner that orders parts is severely lacking. The plant manager has no idea what he's doing and always seems lost.
Wouldn't work there again, even if I was paid more.

Lack of training was insane. You were just expected to know how to preform every task thrown your way.
Pros
Great benefit package.
Cons
too much unorganization
My Day
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INOctober 6, 2017
It was a fast paced environment in the automotive field. When driving the fork truck, I had to be able to keep up with 8 different presses. Removing and bringing in product for that area.
Pros
pay, people
Cons
hot in building
Knowing the parts we making are going onto a car someone driving
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Senatobia, MSOctober 3, 2017
a typical day at work as long , what I learned is how to better.
management need Improvement. Culture max. the hardest is making good Quality parts. the Enjoyable is when the day end.
Cons
Healthcare
stressful
Robot operator/ Welder (Former Employee) –  Senatobia, MSOctober 1, 2017
worst place to work at management does not what they are doing always out of work work long hours seven days a week no time for family or to do other chores around home
Management was terrible
Associate/assembly/press operator/mold changer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INSeptember 19, 2017
I liked this job, I learned so much. I worked in plastics running 250 ton up to 2500 ton plastic extruder presses and learning how to do mold changes . It was a hard job but a good job. The management was so frustrating, and unfair, kept messing up vacation and holiday pay. Gave the same people all of the overtime. Too much hiring and firing in management so no one knew whose job was whose. I wouldn't tell anyone to go there.
Pros
13 paid holidays, insurance, fast accumulation of vacation daysys
Cons
Too much back- stabbing, unfair firings, unfair promotions and too much favoritism
It's ok
Factory Worker (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INAugust 7, 2017
it's ok sometimes you don't get treated right your like a prisoner no bonus. Messed up point system. It's really hot they don't give you water or extra break till it's 95 for water and break is 103 degrees.
Pros
People
Cons
Everything else
The jobs were easy and most of the people were fun to work with
Assembly/Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJune 19, 2017
I worked alot of 12 hr days and weekends too. Loved the money but didnt like working 12s all the time. I do love some overtime just not constant. I liked most of the people i worked with. I got to learn about how the machines work and how to look for defected parts. I liked running the machines but when they broke down it made for a long day. I liked quality better. I got to walk thru the factory checking parts and making sure the machines and dies were producing good parts. I also didnt have to work 12s. I loved that i was able to support me and my 2 children. All the hours made it hard to see them tho.
Pros
benefits were excellent and it was decent pay
Cons
Had to go outside the gate to smoke on breaks. worked 12 hr days 7 days a week
Poor management
Automotive manufacturing (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 15, 2017
Poor management poor safety precautions poor employee boss relations Poor job security poor respect for employees family or personal life/matters Poor quality.
As a company it is good.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 29, 2017
PK does offer good benefits compared to some companies, unfortunately there are alot of politics involved on the management side of the company. HR does not follow procedures in the company handbook.
Benefits
clean place to work
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 13, 2017
The machines are keep very clean and in good working order. they will work with you to get the parts you need to keep your machines going well and running good parts.
N/a
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INFebruary 15, 2017
N/A.bad place to work.no off time work 7 days a week.they treat you like dogs,they advance child molesters only and the people that work hard never go anywhere
fast pace good team leaders
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJanuary 5, 2017
enjoyed the fast pace, keeping busy and working with other team members. they could do more about awarding those with great work records
Pros
good insurance. close to home and very good benefits
Cons
alot of weekends scheduled
Hard work in a non-air-conditioned factory at a laughable wage
Licensed crane and forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INDecember 30, 2016
Too many problems to discuss. They cannot keep help because they want to use staffing agencies to avoid paying benefits, and most management treat the employees with disrespect. In the summer you will get so hot because there is no air conditioning. Very bad experience for me and others I know. Will never work there again. Not even if they paid me $50 an hour. The atmosphere is that bad, and they will work you to death. In the stamping department I did the job of three men, operating the crane and forklift, doing setup jobs for the stamping department. One can only take so much.
Pros
lots of hours if they need you
Cons
discrimination (favoring asians and hispanics)and poor management
The people can make or brake the morale of the work place
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Senatobia, MSDecember 11, 2016
A typical day at work is very entertaining, I've learned that sometimes it takes more than awesome work performance to get ahead. Management must watch the nonperforming co-workers and the tricks they play. Swapping shipping labels to take credit for another shift's or person's work, sabotaging equipment and changing model numbers before leaving to offset the oncoming shift's production run. While 1st and 2nd shift has two maintenance techs per shift, I am the only tech. on 3rd, so the hardest part is dealing with the problems left behind by the previous shift, but the most enjoyable part of the job is troubleshooting, solving and repairing the problems that people create and the problems that no other maintenance shift could solve.
Pros
Learning and teaching others about the robots, robot programs and equipment.
Cons
The air quality, safety and things some people do to get ahead can be a bit much.
No family life
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 16, 2016
More hours working than with my family. Not enough support to do job hired to do. Over-worked, under-paid, but a great departmental management team.
great place to work
Leader (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INOctober 9, 2016
good place to work, can make a lot of money as long as you are willing to work hard for it. They have good benefits as well. If you are wanting to start a career and are will to do what it takes then you will do great here and there is plenty of room for advancement with in the company
Pros
good money
Cons
lots of hours
long hr job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INAugust 13, 2016
I worked 6 days a week. 12 hr shifts. No family life time. Long working hrs. No one cared about each other. But then temp agencies got in trouble working to many hrs. So they don't work for the company no more.