PK USA Employee Reviews

Hard work in a non-air-conditioned factory at a laughable wage
Licensed crane and forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INDecember 30, 2016
Too many problems to discuss. They cannot keep help because they want to use staffing agencies to avoid paying benefits, and most management treat the employees with disrespect. In the summer you will get so hot because there is no air conditioning. Very bad experience for me and others I know. Will never work there again. Not even if they paid me $50 an hour. The atmosphere is that bad, and they will work you to death. In the stamping department I did the job of three men, operating the crane and forklift, doing setup jobs for the stamping department. One can only take so much.
Pros
lots of hours if they need you
Cons
discrimination (favoring asians and hispanics)and poor management
fast pace good team leaders
Inspector/Packer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJanuary 5, 2017
enjoyed the fast pace, keeping busy and working with other team members. they could do more about awarding those with great work records
Pros
good insurance. close to home and very good benefits
Cons
alot of weekends scheduled
great place to work
Leader (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INOctober 9, 2016
good place to work, can make a lot of money as long as you are willing to work hard for it. They have good benefits as well. If you are wanting to start a career and are will to do what it takes then you will do great here and there is plenty of room for advancement with in the company
Pros
good money
Cons
lots of hours
N/a
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INFebruary 15, 2017
N/A.bad place to work.no off time work 7 days a week.they treat you like dogs,they advance child molesters only and the people that work hard never go anywhere
No family life
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INNovember 16, 2016
More hours working than with my family. Not enough support to do job hired to do. Over-worked, under-paid, but a great departmental management team.
long hr job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INAugust 13, 2016
I worked 6 days a week. 12 hr shifts. No family life time. Long working hrs. No one cared about each other. But then temp agencies got in trouble working to many hrs. So they don't work for the company no more.
Learned how to make auto parts.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INApril 8, 2016
PK USA taught me how to use welding robots how to run pastic moldings and to change the colors. Management had a lot of tuen overs.
Pros
Enjoyed the learning process.
Cons
Management turnovers.
Great training
Maintenance Tech (Former Employee) –  Gallatin, TNDecember 8, 2015
This company sent me to several training seminars that I could not have afforded on my own. I appreciate everything they did. They closed up.
Pros
Great training, good people
Cons
Long way to and from work with me living in Carthage
Productive most of the time and sometimes enjoyable. I love my job.
Ecoat (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 5, 2015
I work with really great people for the most-part.
I stay busy as long as there is things to do, lately there has not been enough work for everyone.
The management there to be completely honest is not very good. There's a lot of favortism towards certain people, management talking about employees to other employees, basically management there does not enforce anything on themselves or their employees.
I would have to say the hardest part of my job is training new people, because typically they either get moved or quit so you just feel as if you wasted your time.
The most enjoyable part of my job is working with the people that are in my area, because we use a lot of teamwork.
Pros
The benefits and pay.
Cons
It was a very laboring jod with metal.
Machine Welder (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMay 23, 2012
* I was a machine welder.
* I learned at this job: to be on time for work is too be
Early.
* I also learned that you trust no one. The work place
Is just that the work place.
* The hardest part of this job: was that everyone is
Just a money maker for the company & not a person. I
Got let go from this job because I pointed out under
A dr. Order. I had been really sick for the last month
Or so. I had been with this company almost a year.
Seven months under pk usa and almost three or four
Months as a sub contractor before they hired me.
* The most enjoyable part was working with the
Christians that help pray me through while I was
Their, and I will miss them dearly.
could be fun at times.
pastic molding/metal stamping (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INJuly 10, 2014
didn't know what I was doing from one day to the next. learned how to operate injection molding presses. if there was a problem managemnet didn't take care of it. got along with my co workers. not knowing from one minute to the next what I was going to be doing. Stayed busy
Pros
learning injection molding
Cons
management not taking care of problems when they are brought to their attention.
A good place to work with the exception that they should revise their two point system.
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville,INMarch 5, 2012
If an employee has perfect attendance then a medical issue arises with Dr. statements the two point system should not affect the employees current status or the ability to return to work.
Pros
friendly, helpful co-workers.
Cons
their two point system.
Manufactured parts for Nissan and Toyota
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJuly 8, 2015
Manufacturing job, stood on a line, management was agreeable, the job was pretty easy. The only con I would have would be that it was a contract job, it did not last as long as I would have hoped it would.
PK Employee
Press Operator (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INSeptember 11, 2013
I enjoyed working at PK USA. They gave me great opportunities to learn different skills. I did not like that I was gone 7 days a week and worked twelve hours a day every day but I did it and survived because I am a hard worker and I do appreciate a good job.
very automatted machines
Manufacturing Services Technician (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, INAugust 27, 2015
fast pace enviroment looking for more challenging enviroment all different every day. younger style management people.
Not a good place to work!!
Factory Assembler (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INAugust 27, 2013
They treat there people bad and they don't go by seniority. If the teamleader doesn't like you they'll get rid of you. They put temps in replace of full time empolyees so the don't have to pay the full time wages and benefits.
It was a nice job for me
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INMarch 13, 2015
They pay good and at that time my transportation problem is solved. Welding is not a very difficult work, I learnt it shortly. But welding area is polluted, I can not resist the smell of smoke.
Nice people
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  1514 Northridge rd Shelbyville, inApril 14, 2015
We work long hours the pay is good. There is plenty of diversity in the work place. The best part of the job is going home. I met plenty of hard working people.
Pros
Free Turkey
Cons
Short breaks
Good work lots of overtime.
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, INDecember 9, 2014
Good work and plenty of it. Lots of overtime some mandated. work spaces are a bit confined. co workers are easy to get along with.
Pros
Constant work
Cons
Healthcare, air quality
assembly
auditor (Former Employee) –  shelbyville, inAugust 5, 2015
variety, help,people who care, relaxed work place, understanding management. picnics,pitch-ins, supervisor's who grill.
Pros
fun
Cons
lay-off

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PK USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8