Placer County

Placer County Employee Reviews

Never got bored
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee), Nevada StreetFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: good working environment. healthcare, co-workers were all team players
Cons: sometimes long hours.
I started out with dispensing medications to the mentally ill. Daily we would get new clients and I would Admit them. Daily I would write progress notes. I helped clients with their daily hygiene and then go teach living skills at their day re-hab center. Most classes were to help then with their daily living skills. The hardest part of the job was to admit a client to a more restricted environment,however most of my job duties were enjoyable as I like to see improvement in the clients well being and there were a lot of success stories.
I teach piano to clients of all ages and levels.
Independent Piano Teacher (Current Employee), Rocklin, CaMay 8, 2014
Pros: fulfillment
Cons: available time in the mornings/early afternoons
As of right now, I teach private piano lessons to 25-30 clients. It's a wonderful job that I get so much fulfillment from. With this colorful job, I'm usually working from 2-8pm when students are available. I would like to get a part-time or full-time job where I can work in the early mornings and build upon my experience as a business major. I am a recent business/marketing graduate from Sacramento State.
Great job but I was just a Temp.. :)
Temporary Office Assistant (TOA) (Former Employee), Roseville, CAFebruary 3, 2014
Pros: potlucks for any occasion, positive work environment, learned a lot, never bored
Cons: no benefits (temporary work), pay is decent, when you run out of hours you have to wait until july to re-up which is very annoying.
I would have loved to have been hired/ or eventually be hired on with the County. I liked the people I worked with. They were down to earth and hard working.
Very busy workplace with fabulous coworker support
CPS Investigator, Client Services Practitioner II (Current Employee), Roseville, CAOctober 25, 2013
Pros: free trainings, celebratory meetings, large network of care for advancement and lateral transfers
Cons: caseloads are too high, working overtime after-hours shifts is mandatory
Working as a CPS Investigator for the past three years has been the most challenging of all of my time with Placer County. A typical day involved responding to Child Abuse and Neglect Investigations to interview children and parents in order to determine whether abuse or neglect occurred and what needs to happen going forward. The part I enjoyed the most was working with the families to try to mediate what brought them to CPS' attention initially. The hardest part was the sheer volume of investigations, which made it difficult to do my best clinical work with families. It was also very taxing emotionally to see children who have been traumatized by child abuse and/or neglect. The team of social workers who do the investigations at Placer County, however, are phenomenal. They try very hard to keep a positive work environment despite the challenging circumstances of that line of work.
Great environment to meet and work with like-minded talented individuals
HEAT Help Desk Engineer (Former Employee), Auburn, CAFebruary 14, 2013
Pros: work ends at 5:00 pm, unless other priorities dictate (not common).
Cons: would have preferred working past 5:00 pm
Deal with e-mail communication, report in with project manager, identify requirements, schedule meetings with other required team members, work on, develop and test solutions. Project management, with a large scope project, can become very tedious and take away precious time from working on the actual project as we were limited in time available to complete the project. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing solutions / tasks being completed.
Sacramento County Juvenile Hall
Client Services Practitioner II (Former Employee), Auburn, CADecember 10, 2012
Pros: custodial experience that i would never obtain in a classroom.
Cons: the salary was pretty low. $38, 000 in 2000. i don't know what it's like now.
Catholic Healthcare West had a contract with Sacramento County Juvenile Hall to provide mental health counseling to its incarcerated youth. I don't know if that contract is still in existence.

Placer County Salaries