Placer County Employee Reviews in United States

Golden Handcuffs
Admin (Current Employee) –  Dewitt CenterMay 8, 2016
Very few in management have any leadership skills. Co-workers are usually a pretty cool bunch that do their best despite the lack of leadership. Have found this to be true in many departments.
Benefits are the best part, compensation is ruled by tax dollars, so you'll always be under paid compared to private industry.
Employee Engagement is attempting to happen, time will tell if management figures out that the term means they need to be engaging their employees.
Lots of new and young people joining the teams, lots of older folks retiring. Not much proactive planning for mentorships, so lots of local knowledge leaving with retirees.
The worst part is all the antiquated software. No new computer makes a difference. It's all slow and time consuming. But again, upgrading would use tax dollars and no one's figured out how to make the expense palatable to the public.
Co-workers keep me coming back.
Pros
Co-workers do care about the work. Benefits. Variety of work. Lateral mobility.
Cons
Disengaged management, loss of local knowledge, old technology.
Enjoyed working with such an amazing group of people who taught me a lot while I was Temp
Placer County Assessors Office Admin Clerk (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAFebruary 2, 2016
Great place to work for as a Temp if you enjoy learning new things as well as working for the staff. If you get accepted and put on a list to work permanently you may enjoy it just as much as I did.
Great place for the right person.
IT Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Auburn, CAAugust 26, 2015
Great place for the right person. A different and dynamic IT Support environment then the industry standards. Potential for advancement for the right individual.
Working out of clients homes
In Home Support Service Provider/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAJuly 9, 2015
Can be fun, exhausting, yet satisfying. Management is the clients parent which is OK. A typical day is bathing, dressing, toileting, cooking, off to school, cleaning, errands, therapy, and bedtime. Very labor intensive with my client.
Cons
Too little pay for labor intensive work
Never got bored
Substitute Teacher (Former Employee) –  Nevada StreetFebruary 28, 2015
I started out with dispensing medications to the mentally ill. Daily we would get new clients and I would Admit them. Daily I would write progress notes. I helped clients with their daily hygiene and then go teach living skills at their day re-hab center. Most classes were to help then with their daily living skills. The hardest part of the job was to admit a client to a more restricted environment,however most of my job duties were enjoyable as I like to see improvement in the clients well being and there were a lot of success stories.
Pros
good working environment. healthcare, co-workers were all team players
Cons
sometimes long hours.
I teach piano to clients of all ages and levels.
Independent Piano Teacher (Current Employee) –  Rocklin, CaMay 8, 2014
As of right now, I teach private piano lessons to 25-30 clients. It's a wonderful job that I get so much fulfillment from. With this colorful job, I'm usually working from 2-8pm when students are available. I would like to get a part-time or full-time job where I can work in the early mornings and build upon my experience as a business major. I am a recent business/marketing graduate from Sacramento State.
Pros
fulfillment
Cons
available time in the mornings/early afternoons
Great job but I was just a Temp.. :)
Temporary Office Assistant (TOA) (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 3, 2014
I would have loved to have been hired/ or eventually be hired on with the County. I liked the people I worked with. They were down to earth and hard working.
Pros
potlucks for any occasion, positive work environment, learned a lot, never bored
Cons
no benefits (temporary work), pay is decent, when you run out of hours you have to wait until july to re-up which is very annoying.
Very busy workplace with fabulous coworker support
CPS Investigator, Client Services Practitioner II (Current Employee) –  Roseville, CAOctober 25, 2013
Working as a CPS Investigator for the past three years has been the most challenging of all of my time with Placer County. A typical day involved responding to Child Abuse and Neglect Investigations to interview children and parents in order to determine whether abuse or neglect occurred and what needs to happen going forward. The part I enjoyed the most was working with the families to try to mediate what brought them to CPS' attention initially. The hardest part was the sheer volume of investigations, which made it difficult to do my best clinical work with families. It was also very taxing emotionally to see children who have been traumatized by child abuse and/or neglect. The team of social workers who do the investigations at Placer County, however, are phenomenal. They try very hard to keep a positive work environment despite the challenging circumstances of that line of work.
Pros
free trainings, celebratory meetings, large network of care for advancement and lateral transfers
Cons
caseloads are too high, working overtime after-hours shifts is mandatory
Great environment to meet and work with like-minded talented individuals
HEAT Help Desk Engineer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CAFebruary 14, 2013
Deal with e-mail communication, report in with project manager, identify requirements, schedule meetings with other required team members, work on, develop and test solutions. Project management, with a large scope project, can become very tedious and take away precious time from working on the actual project as we were limited in time available to complete the project. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing solutions / tasks being completed.
Pros
work ends at 5:00 pm, unless other priorities dictate (not common).
Cons
would have preferred working past 5:00 pm
Sacramento County Juvenile Hall
Client Services Practitioner II (Former Employee) –  Auburn, CADecember 10, 2012
Catholic Healthcare West had a contract with Sacramento County Juvenile Hall to provide mental health counseling to its incarcerated youth. I don't know if that contract is still in existence.
Pros
custodial experience that i would never obtain in a classroom.
Cons
the salary was pretty low. $38, 000 in 2000. i don't know what it's like now.

Placer County Reviews by Location