Plains All American Pipeline Employee Reviews

Always slow, not much to do.
High School Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 23, 2017
As an intern, you basically do the same thing every day such as filing and opening mail. It was always quiet and employees didn't really interact as much.
Pros
One hour lunch.
Cons
Always slow-paced.
Plains All American
Control Room Operator (Current Employee) –  Cushing, OKMay 9, 2017
The work is fast-paced and can be tedious, but PAA pays well and works to ensure employees and customers are treatment properly. The benefits package is amazing. It tends to be a family-friendly environment with a great team of guys to work with.
Pros
Pay, support from the company, benefits package, always something to learn, and room for advancement
Cons
shift work can be tedious; comes with a full week off each month though
Very work friendly environment. Everyone very supportive of one another
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Pine Prairie, LAMay 5, 2017
Had a great experience working interning here for the summer. Co workers made it a great learning place all willing to extend a helping hand. Really not a thing to say about this facility.
Relaxing and supportive company
Adminstrative Specialist Summer Temp (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2017
When arriving in the morning. A typical day would include signing in then going to your supervisor who would give a list of things to do. The hardest part was having to do the same thing over and over even though it was pretty simple to do. The most enjoyable part getting the general feel of how things worked in the company.
Pros
Paid bus rides, cheap 25 cent sodas
Cons
Needing certain clearance to get into areas.
LPG Terminal Operator (Current Employee) –  Hankinson, NDApril 26, 2017
Plains All American Pipeline/Midstream was a great place to work. They gave me lots of opportunities and have great benefits. I worked with many different truck drivers as well as railroad employees from teaching safety protocols to learning new aspects of the propane industry. The hardest part of this job was being outside in -20 degree weather but its doable as long as you keep safety first.
provided work out equipment,
Controller (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 17, 2017
A typical day was arriving to work. Getting shift turn over complete. Going through all of my screens and stations to make sure everything was working properly.
Great management team and knowledgeable employees.
Human Resources Executive Assistant/Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 30, 2017
Very fas-paced environment. Learned and grew from the HR Staff. The management team was great and very knowledgeable. I enjoyed working with the HR team and all employees of the company.
Na
Lead Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2017
Great management. Great culture and amazing team to work for. Most enjoyable part is to create applications and efficiencies for different business groups that save them a lot of time and money.
Great go no where job
Service Desk Technician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 15, 2017
Hostile work environment across several departments. Management has no qualifications being in management position. Employees are degraded and spoken very
Good at educating interns about Plains operations
Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 27, 2017
Plains had several areas of law within there in house counsel. Was exposed to litigation, commercial, and corporate areas of law.
Pros
CLE exposure, exposure to many aspects of midstream
Great place to work if you are under the right wing
Damage Prevention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hattiesburg, MSFebruary 13, 2017
I loved my job and I worked hard for that company. When the company sold certain assets I was told my job was safe. Less than a week later I was let go by a manager in a completely different job title. I have had issues with this leader and took it up the chain of my boss which was in Houston, Texas. I was told to work it out. So I went to this man on numerous occasions asking if there was anything I could do for him or his division and always got the cold shoulder. I was let go at a year end review and wasn't even able to give my yearly report to show what I have done for the company. That has been over a year ago and even to this day I haven't heard from my boss. Many friends and people I had working relationships with have called and said he was out to get me because the work was there. Very cut throat place to work unless you have the inside scoop. I was hired by a man that they fired 5 months after hiring me. As long as I worked there I always should passion and kindness to all the professionals in the office. I was never treated the same and was one of the worst working atmospheres I have ever been associated with. The job I loved the people not so much. Very rude and never offered guidance or help. The people in the field were great people the upper management on the divisional level and up were not managers more than rulers.
Pros
money
Cons
management
Awesome work environment and great leadership
Pipeline Operator (Current Employee) –  Tilden, TXJanuary 25, 2017
I felt like I was working a multi million dollar crude pipeline with a bunch of my closest friends. The station I worked at was fairly secluded and I would rarely see anyone else unless we had a safety meeting or my supervisor came out to buy lunch and hang out for a few hours. Was pretty much trusted to run the station on my own. Every tuesday we had a change over and I would have the next 6 days off. Worked 8 ten hour days and had a 6 day weekend. Hated resigning and only did to be closer to family after gaining full custody of my daughter.
Pros
Work schedule, 6% match for your 401 K
not very productive
Driver (Former Employee) –  WyomingJanuary 19, 2017
the job was good but had to much favortism toward certain drivers dispatch refused to work with drivers so they could be more productive lots of mind changing at last minute some of management never apriciated your work some managment wanted others to do there job could not get direction to locations

had good equipment and awsome mechanics and maintaince program excelent benefits

they need to clean house on managment and some drivers
Pros
benefits, wages
Good company
Administrative Assistant, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJanuary 11, 2017
Good company with good benefits. Worked as a temp for a long time. Interesting work and I learned a lot. The people there are very good to work with.
Great benefits, family type workplace culture.
Pipeline Controller (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 9, 2017
Great benefits, family type workplace culture, good bonuses and equity for long term employment.
I knew nothing about the oilfield when starting at this company, training and knowledge is immense.
A typical day consists of communicating with your fellow co workers and verify all aspects of your console. You then go over everything once they leave for the day. Monitor tank pressures, flow rates. If things arise that don't look right or are broken, you notify the correct personal.
Communicating and getting along with other console coworkers
The hardest thing about this job would be sitting in a chair for 12 hour shifts.
The most enjoyable part of this job is the amount of time that we are off duty.
Pros
positive enviroment
Cons
Great company to work for with all kinds of benefits
DRIVER (Former Employee) –  North Dakota and TexasNovember 27, 2016
I really liked my job, as I had really never driven and delivered crude oil before taking this job. I got a chance to meet and work with great people, and was at home every night, unlike some truck driving jobs. The hardest part of my job was making sure I could access roads in the winter time with the amount of snow that was on the ground, and just as hard in the summer as I worked in North Dakota and it rained a lot, creating mud roads. What I liked about this job, was that I was always seeing new things, whether it was scenery, wild animals, or other things, it allowed me to travel short distances daily, but the views were almost always spectacular.
Pros
Great health benefits, awesome pay
Cons
Road driving conditions
Nice Work/Life Balance
Land Analyst (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 9, 2016
Great place to learn even if you have little to no experience starting out. The work/life balance is ideal and management is generally nice. The hardest part of my job is dealing with private landowners. My favorite part of the job is everything else! I enjoy sourcing information for our Ops personnel, curing title, working in GIS to obtain geographic data for various easement and lease sites.
Pros
great work/life balance
Great place to work. No job security
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CASeptember 20, 2016
Loved working there, great benefits, great management. Job was repetitve but i loved what i did. My boss was awesome very understanding worked with me when stuff came up with school.
Pros
Benefits great management everyone was friendly
Cons
no job security
Must be self motivated and independent
Electrical & Instrumentation Technician (Current Employee) –  Casper, WYSeptember 19, 2016
I like the independents to schedule my own work load and pace myself. I have been given opportunities to take on and learn as much as I want. They have provided me with most all of the tools and training I have needed to perform my duties. The tools I haven't been given maybe above and beyond the basics but they have always considered my recommendations. They have been good with providing training, both in-house and factory/manufacture sponsored.
Pros
Work independently
Run away
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 8, 2016
Bad company get treated like dirt shotty equipment didn't pay well lies about pay will rip,you off so glad,i left.........