Plains All American Pipeline

Plains All American Pipeline Employee Reviews in United States

Run away
Diesel Technician (Former Employee) –  Williston, NDJuly 8, 2016
Bad company get treated like dirt shotty equipment didn't pay well lies about pay will rip,you off so glad,i left.........
Great company
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 13, 2016
Plains is an awesome company. Great benefits and family oriented. There is plenty of room for advancement. The only down fall is that it's in the oil and gas company.
Good atmosphere, Good working relations
Driver (Former Employee) –  Big Lake, TXApril 6, 2016
Plains was a good place to work. People friendly and helpful. Good communicate, Good Ins I enjoyed working there. AM grateful for the time I was there
Pros
served food at safety meetings
Cons
had to take 30 min break
Pipeline operations support
SCADA SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Gilbert, AZDecember 18, 2015
Electrical maintenance of pipeline pump stations.
Programmed PLC's.
Installed and maintained PLC's.
Supervised contract electrician.
Interfaced with contractors during construction projects.
Interfaced with Control Room programmers during initial start up and SCADA control changes.
It is a great company.
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKNovember 24, 2015
This is a great place to work. Great place to advance, well organized and fun people. I learned a lot about the oil industry and how each company varies in procedures.
Pros
Great people
Stressful, Fast Paced,
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Paulsboro, NJNovember 11, 2015
I have written and erased this review a few times now. I will simply state that I planned to spend my career at this company and was very unhappy about the events that took place at the end.

Being an operator was a great job and very well paid for the work being asked of you. Management was a different story. The company became too big and you were at the mercy of your boss halfway across the country relaying your work effort. I wish the situation was different as I loved my job and what i did, but it would of literally killed me if i stayed any longer. Working 14 hours a day for 7 months straight and being on call 24/7 for any issues wore me down. While it was an unusual situation that created this environment it was too much.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Doing 3 jobs for 1's pay
Great Work Place
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 4, 2015
Would highly recommend working for Plains if you are advanced in your career and not looking for career development. Great work life balance and you, not just an employee. You can tell management cares for their employees.
Great Company
Commercial Company Driver (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXOctober 8, 2015
Its a great place to work. Currently with oil prices its becoming hard to see a future that can last during a slow down in oil. This company could be a giant but the current management is lacking skill in keeping up.
Pros
Great Pay, and Benefits
Cons
Lack of skill from management and Lazy
I heard they are an excellent company to work for.
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  Martinez, CaOctober 4, 2015
I wish to work here soon. Anyone know their work culture or anything? I heard it is a very warm and supportive environment.
productive fun work place.
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Elk City, OKSeptember 15, 2015
safety oreinted. fun work place with supportive management.the most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside of my colleagues and learning from them.
Pros
team spirit
Great Experience
Internship (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 15, 2015
Awesome place to gain knowledge and experience. As a claims adjuster I filed alot of paper work including invoices. I was also trained on using the PDF Converter for daily tasks.
A good company to work for and grow with.
Pipeline Operater (Former Employee) –  Catarina TxAugust 26, 2015
I know that this could be a good place to work for.It's a good company with great people to work with.I know that I could have a great time working here.
Plains is an job not really a career
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 17, 2015
Plains is an alright company to work for, they have very good health benefits and other insurances. Standard 6% 401k match, no pension but have long term incentive plan for salaried employees. However they have no career guidence for employees, no promotion potential, raises are very small, limited training opportunities. Good Ole boy system management. No company culture. This is a stepping stone company, get a a couple of years experience and move on.
Pros
Good Healthcare, Nice Offices, Free Parking
Cons
Limited Career movement, limited training, management
Great People, good pay and benefits
Driver (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COAugust 10, 2015
Great people to work with and for. Great pay and benefits, new - newer trucks and trailers, make your own start time. Very safety orientated.
Terminal Operator
Terminal Operator (Former Employee) –  Saint James, LAJuly 8, 2015
Great place to work because of co workers and staff were really nice. There was freedom to learn as much as you want and the guys were always will to help. My only complaint would be the lack of structure. There's no formal training so no way of moving up in levels as an operator or any other position. Which means your pay stays the same no matter the experience. There are no pay raises or evaluations. These things can be easily fixed. Other than that the work environment was good and again the people that work there are great.
Pros
good co workers
Cons
no raises, no training to advance
great company with excellent benefits
Administrative Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2015
Plains is a great place to work. There is so much to learn. They offer a great competitive salaries and bonuses. The work environment is pleasant with low stress.
Pros
huge bonuses twice a year
Cons
communication isn't the best between Managers and support staff
Fun place to work easy going environment
Technical Analyst Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Downtown Houston, TexasJune 30, 2015
I enjoyed my position at Plains, (as a contractor) but the position they were hiring for was entry level and it was a huge pay cut, so I chose to pass on the offer, but from an IT perspective, it was a very easy going, growing and developing IT area needing to build and improve upon their policies and procedures.
Pros
Easy job, laid back, open to suggestions
Cons
Distance, from home, only hire for entry level
n/a
Linerider (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAMay 26, 2015
*I would get usa tickets, go out and clear out the jobsites to see if the work is in conflict with the pipeline

*During the process of the excavation and when the line is exposed, I would put test leads on the line

*When there is time, I would mark out the lines whether there would be excavation or not.
Mediocre physical work environment. Too many processes for simple tasks.
Senior Applications Developer (Consultant) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 15, 2015
Mediocre physical work environment. Too many processes for simple tasks. Work environment for a contractor is next to a very noisy printer and executive admin staff. Too many meetings and processes during software development especially for simple tasks and deployments.
Train here
Pipeline Controller (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 9, 2015
Get experience then QUICKLY move on! Location is awful and managment is in great need of training. Facility is in desperate need of an upgrade.
Pros
Coworkers, days off.
Cons
Pay, Management, facility

4.2