Plains Equipment Group

Plains Equipment Group Employee Reviews

Changing World
Safety and Training Manager (Former Employee), McCook, NEFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: changes
The company is going from small to big and just a few years. Added services and benefits. They are going through a streamlining process and some jobs are being merged. Overall it is still a good place to work.
Very Productive Workplace
Service tech for center pivot irrigation systems (Current Employee), McCook, NEMay 26, 2014
Pros: paid holidays, vacation, sick, health benefits, and will pay school tuition.
Cons: long hours in summertime, short breaks, and heavy lifting.
We would prep jobs early in the morning for scheduled pivot set ups or repairs. Then drive to the field or location of the pivot and do any and everything on them. We fixed, repaired, maintained, built, and trenched underground in for enter pivot irrigation systems. I was sent to Reinke school so I learned a lot on the electrical and structural side of pivots. The manager there is great and teaches others a lot of knowledge on these systems and is patient with new comers. Other co-workers teach and share their knowledge and experience about pivots and show good teamwork. The hardest part of the job is you work in all the elements whether its rain, snow, humid, hot, cold, ect. The best part of the job is there is so much to learn on these machines that you will never be bored.
John Deere--
Parts Counterman (Current Employee), McCook, NEAugust 25, 2013
Pros: reasonable pay/benefits. opportunity to advance in a corporate environment.
Cons: too demanding. 11 hour days are normal. working with unreasonable public/customers.
Good place to work. Very demanding. Reasonable pay/benefits.
Too little time off. Some very good customers, some not so good.

About Plains Equipment Group

Plains Equipment Group TM is proud to be one of the largest full-line John Deere dealers in the Midwest! We currently serve our – Read more