Plains Marketing Employee Reviews in United States

fast paced and fun
Driver (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSMarch 17, 2016
Plains is a crudeoil hauler that picks up oil from customers that then is unloaded at a bulk storage that is shipped to be refined. Management is very good. Co-workers are very helpful and willing to help. Hardest part of the job is the adverse weather conditions that you have to be in.
Pros
great pay and bonus
Cons
rotating shift work
Above Average Crude Oil Marketing Employer
Truck Driver-Crude Oil Operator (Current Employee) –  Three Rivers, TXMarch 10, 2016
Drive Oil Tanker to lease tanks, test oil for value, deliver to market.
Learned to maintain established safe and efficient routine
Minimal management interaction and communication
Enjoyed working with seasoned and skilled coworkers
Industry instability creates unsettling environment
Compensation and benefits above average in industry
Pros
Home every night
Cons
Unforgiving elements of the job
good job
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2016
good job, great benefits, newer and new equipment well maintained.
Very micro managed. you have to slip seat and no preloading trucks.
Steady work with a lot of Benefits
Class A comb X-Hazardous Material (Former Employee) –  Casper, WYApril 10, 2015
My Job with Plains Marketing was a very challenging because of the weather condition"s mountain trend to locations. I enjoyed this part very much, had great men to work with we helped each other and worked very well together, made the job very easy to get up and go to work each an ever day.

My most hardest part of the job was the computer, did everything with the computer.What I really like was the logs for DOT was done this way, so no time spending time making out logs every time you stop.

As far as management, I think I got along with my supervision well because I did my job well and had very good work ethics, I did my job & worked with others, so I did not have problems with my supervision.
Pros
my own boss as far as how i did my ever day tasks as long as i got the job done
Cons
did not like the break, i needed to take before 8 hours, because it made it difficult to get done in a 14 hour day
Proactive company
Safety Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yorktown, VirginiaFebruary 16, 2015
Company was proactive in HSE culture. Team worked together to resolve issues quickly to move project along. Project team worked well with each other.
Pros
great work atmosphere
Good Company
Hazardous Material Transporter (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, NMOctober 12, 2014
They took good care of me, would like to go back someday. Just don't like driving a truck.
great place to work management team was very well trained
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXJanuary 14, 2014
working with offshore and pipeline equipment can be stressful due to scheduling issues, being on call 7 days a week can be troubling at times but the support staff of this company was enduring. the in field co-workers seem to be very knowledgeable and helpful.
Excellent Employer
District Manager (Current Employee) –  Enid, OKOctober 21, 2012
Plains is a great employer. My reasons for leaving are personal. My family was not able to relocate with me and the strain of the separation has taken its toll on us. My wife and I would like to stay in Texas and I have made the decision to leave Plains only so I can be with my family.
Decent Employer
Lead Driver/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 23, 2012
Up till just recently Plains Marketing was a Great Employer to work for. Due to a recent Policy Change regarding oil splills if a Driver makes one mistake then He/She is Fired on the spot no matter if it was equipment failure or not. As a result of this policy the company has let go 3 Drivers who were long term employees and had exellent backgrounds. Plains Marketing has moved in a direction that does not consider that people do make mistakes.
benefits
Cons
poor policy changes
Steady, planned days
tanker driver (Former Employee) –  Lovington, NMFebruary 11, 2012
Fairly well maintained equipment, breaking partners were much older than me and taught me very much.
Pros
driver appreciation, steady pay
Cons
pay was lower than i liked, swing shifts, isolated work locations

4.2