Plains is currently looking to fill an Electrical / Instrumentation Technician position at our Riga Station facility located 10 minutes northwest of Toledo, OH. The successful candidate will report to the Area Supervisor in Green Springs,OH and be responsible for overseeing the daily electrical and maintenance activities on a DOT regulated pipeline and at the Green Springs LPG terminal.
- Managing E/I maintenance of DOT pipeline communications, valve stations, instrumentation, etc.;
- E/I maintenance of LPG terminal, communications, instrumentation, PLC, etc. and associated equipment for truck / rail loading facilities;
- Performing repairs, calibration, and maintenance on terminal and pipeline electrical equipment and instrumentation in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner;
- Understanding of electrical and instrumentation, including PLC control systems;
- Interacting and effectively working closely with both company and contractor workforce;
- Interfacing closely with Operations to coordinate electrical and instrument repairs and calibrations; and
- Managing and ordering inventory to ensure critical parts and components are in stock.
- Candidate must have a minimum of 5 years hands-on industrial electrical and instrumentation background, with preference given to dual ticket experience;
- Minimum High School graduate;
- Prior gas plant, refinery, pipeline or oilfield experience;
- Previous experience with PLC’s, SCADA, DCS, and other control systems;
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of MS Word / Excel and e-mail; and
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills are required.
Interested candidates are encouraged to submit their resume prior to May 3, 2013, to:
Plains Midstream Canada
Attention: Human Resources
Suite 1400, 607 – 8th Avenue S.W.
Calgary, AB T2P 0A7
Confidential Fax: (403) 261-7412
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will only contact applicants we wish to interview.
Indeed - 14 months ago