plainscapital bank Employee Reviews

Poor culture, high levels of micro-management, not employee friendly, low levels of critical analysis.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXMay 8, 2017
Poor culture, high levels of micro management, not an employee friendly organization, low levels of critical analysis and unjustified discrimination.
The good ole Boys Club Bank
BSA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 17, 2017
The culture of this bank in specific the BSA department places extreme value on sychopants rather than intelligence or experience. The term "Good Ole Boys" rings true in every facet of the institution. From the CEO who throws temper tantrums via email when he is not congratulated daily on his lack of profound or valuable information to the various under qualified managers who lack college experience. Room for growth is determined by an individuals capability to stroke the egos of direct managers. Various managers within the BSA department have merely a college education and are completely incompetent and unable to obtain critical industry standard certifications such as CAMS, yet are consistently promoted due to the sychophant mentality that is so readily welcomed. Advancement and compensation also are well below industry standards as with other financial institutions. A degree is required yet the pay is equivalent to that of a new college graduate. In general compensation is approximately $10,000 to $15,000 USD less than the industry standard at other institutions. Upper management posseses an extremely myopic view when presented with new ideas or innovative ways to conduct the business. Additionally, the BSA department is not well respected within the bank as other revenue driven departments are more concerned with their bottom line rather than the consequences associated with lack of oversight of controls associated with bringing in new revenue. Training within the department is non-existant while one is expected to know the various archaic, obsolete systems utilized. Consistency  more... is also nonexistent as there are 4 different managers that supervise the department requesting processes to be completed in contrasting ways. Extreme caution is to be taken when considering a career at Plains Capital, specifically within the BSA department.  less
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
No training, Un/Under qualified managment team, No Consistency, Very low compensation
Productive, fun growing company
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2017
I absolutely loved working here, one of the best places i've worked so far. The people were excellent, never had such an amazing team. Loved the fact that you could grow within the company, if it wasn't for my move, I'd definitely still be there!
Enjoyable atmosphere
Residenal Lender (Former Employee) –  Dallas TXOctober 10, 2016
A typical day at work started with an hour + trip to the office. Tasked to review, process and approve/deny consumer residential loans referred by the Bank's branch network. The staff was friendly and well versed in their immediate positions. Direct management was unsupportive and lacking in leadership. The hardest part of my job was the position itself; being transitioned from the head of consumer lending with Southwest Securities FSB to a lender was a giant step back. I was in constant communication with the consumer retail group, the Bank's brokerage arm and the special asset team in an effort to better the products, processes and policies to no avail. The best part of the position were the individuals that I was able to work with, all: polite, professional, knowledgeable and caring. Overall, it is my opinion that PCB would have been a great place to work had I been given the chance to succeed.
Great bank growing away from its roots
Treasury Management Implementation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 28, 2016
I have worked for PlainsCapital for over 4 years. When I first started it was a small town feeling bank. Now after a merger (buy out) the culture has shifted to a big bank feel.
Pros
The people you work with.
Cons
The entire culture of the bank is changing.
Undervalued misappropriation of funds Teller/CSR
Teller/Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  dallas,txJune 10, 2016
Plains isn't a bad place to work, if you are a college student or a high school student heading into college.

They ask for a degree, yet will not want to compensate you for said demand.

Culture was great but with the acquisition/ merger with hilltop holding we see a decline in said culture and things that made this place such an awesome place to work for get axed.
Pros
don't have to work on saturdays
Cons
compensation
Great
Financial Analyst Intern (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 7, 2016
it was really nice working for this company, gained alot of experience dealing lending. the culuture was very good and it fostered it was a place of learning
Used to be a fun and great place to work for...
IT (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 20, 2015
Before we were bought by the parent company, the culture was amazing! Great attitudes, friendly people, and relaxed environment made this place great. When we got bought out, this company did a 180 and the culture went away. Everyone is looking over their shoulders now, and job security is nonexistent. Its become a toxic work environment with the politics here now worse than ever. Loyalty doesn't matter and advancement is made by smooching up to the right people and not by merit, knowledge, or experience. Voice your opinion on a product or suggest anything else and it will show up as negative on your review. Healthcare is ridiculously expensive
Pros
Coworkers and left to own affairs
Cons
No culture, no perks, expensive Healthcare, works politics, toxic work environment
business
Teller/CSR (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TExasAugust 11, 2015
great experience, very slow laid back business, great management and co workers. holidays are great very easy job.
if you are looking to gain experience and see where you can go this is the place to apply to.
Potential
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Houston TXJune 15, 2015
I worked with the previous company First National Bank which was acquired by PlainsCapital Bank. Since becoming PCB salary, work ethic, and growth have been exponentially better!
Pros
No Weekends, Growth, no sale requirememts
Cons
Houston market is currently stagnant for growth
Great
Operations Supervisor, Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Cypress, Tx.April 6, 2015
Great place to work for!! Good and treat employees like family. Lots of training available, chances for advancement. listen to the employees.
Good place to start
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2015
The atmosphere is very much one that encourages playing favorites. Most people do not have a chance of making it anywhere within the company without being someone's favorite employee. If you work hard and get the job done it accounts for nothing. They promote people with little experience and terrible work ethics while the others around them carry them within their positions. Upper management is knowledgeable and has been around a long time but they are so far removed from what is going on that they are completely unaware. The atmosphere at the bank is all about who you know, not how well you do your job. If you want to be stuck in one position for a very long time with almost no acknowledgement or raise then this is the place for you. Everyone is out to get you and always hoping that the knowledgeable employees will slip up. The minute you make one mistake after doing a thousand things right they will jump on you and beat you down. Little training available and when you do get training it is unimpressive and confusing due to the terrible qualifications of those training you.
Pros
pay isn't terrible to begin with if you have a degree
Cons
poor management and leadership, poor incentives, little room for growth, no training, work for little acknowledgement, benefits are awful
challenging, productive, great employees
Compliance Analyst I (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 3, 2014
A typical day starts with a meeting with management to discuss the day's tasks and update them on any information from previous assignments. The rest of the day follows with performing said tasks which include audits, research, training other employees within the company, and creating solutions to any problem that comes our way.
A company with a vision but clouded execution
Bank Officer, Lobby Services Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 21, 2014
Great interaction with customers.
The company allows us to help customers who have issues with their accounts and to win their loayalty
Regular Bank Environment
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TxSeptember 14, 2013
Fill in for branch supervisors when absent. Oversee daily operations of teller line, vault balancing, scheduling, audits, and disciplinary action to ensure effective and accurate teller operations. Assist tellers with complex transactions or when needing additional assistance. Personally performed teller duties as necessary to reduce customer waiting time or cover absent staff.
Cons
Pay, career advancement
great emplyer
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 14, 2013
great job security advancement hard unless you are on teh right side of the political chain but great co workers and people, benefits and compensation were outstanding
Good Environment
Bank Officer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXApril 30, 2013
This job consists of reviewing regulations and identifying the underlying risks associated in bank operations as it pertains to federal lending regulations.
Great Bank!
Bank Teller (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2013
Great Company to work for! Love all of my co-workers, great people to be around.
Professional environment, friendly employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 18, 2012
This is my first job in a professional setting. I open and close bank accounts, answer customers' questions on the phone and in person and help out my supervisor with busy work. I really enjoy my job, but wish I had the opportunity to move up the totem pole quicker. I rarely get unhappy customers, but when I do, I think handling their rudeness is the hardest part of my job. I truly love my job and the environment I work in. My boss is wonderful, I like helping people sort out their financial problems/concerns, and my co-workers are generally very pleasant people.
Pros
love my coworkers, company parties, flexible hours
Cons
low pay, very difficult to move up quickly in company
relax work environment
Customer Service Rep/Teller (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2012
Under direct supervision, provides customer service such as opening up personal and business accounts, opening time deposits, closing all types of accounts,cashing checks, receiving deposits, making withdrawals, receiving loan payments, making credit cards, ordering personal and business checks, stop payments, setting up safety deposit boxes, advances and preparing change orders for customers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at plainscapital bank. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7