plainscapital bank Employee Reviews

Potential
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Houston TXJune 15, 2015
Pros: No Weekends, Growth, no sale requirememts
Cons: Houston market is currently stagnant for growth
I worked with the previous company First National Bank which was acquired by PlainsCapital Bank. Since becoming PCB salary, work ethic, and growth have been exponentially better!
Great
Operations Supervisor, Bank Officer (Former Employee), Cypress, Tx.April 6, 2015
Great place to work for!! Good and treat employees like family. Lots of training available, chances for advancement. listen to the employees.
Good place to start
Employee (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2015
Pros: pay isn't terrible to begin with if you have a degree
Cons: poor management and leadership, poor incentives, little room for growth, no training, work for little acknowledgement, benefits are awful
The atmosphere is very much one that encourages playing favorites. Most people do not have a chance of making it anywhere within the company without being someone's favorite employee. If you work hard and get the job done it accounts for nothing. They promote people with little experience and terrible work ethics while the others around them carry them within their positions. Upper management is knowledgeable – more... and has been around a long time but they are so far removed from what is going on that they are completely unaware. The atmosphere at the bank is all about who you know, not how well you do your job. If you want to be stuck in one position for a very long time with almost no acknowledgement or raise then this is the place for you. Everyone is out to get you and always hoping that the knowledgeable employees will slip up. The minute you make one mistake after doing a thousand things right they will jump on you and beat you down. Little training available and when you do get training it is unimpressive and confusing due to the terrible qualifications of those training you. – less
Fun place but a challenge.
N/A (Former Employee), N/AAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free lunches on busy days, flexible hours.
Cons: difficult promotions, low pay, personal with management.
Sounds like a well managed fun place to work at. People seem to like it just as its coins of course like any other job.
challenging, productive, great employees
Compliance Analyst I (Current Employee), Edinburg, TXJune 3, 2014
A typical day starts with a meeting with management to discuss the day's tasks and update them on any information from previous assignments. The rest of the day follows with performing said tasks which include audits, research, training other employees within the company, and creating solutions to any problem that comes our way.
A company with a vision but clouded execution
Bank Officer, Lobby Services Supervisor (Former Employee), Austin, TXApril 21, 2014
Great interaction with customers.
The company allows us to help customers who have issues with their accounts and to win their loayalty
Regular Bank Environment
Teller Supervisor (Current Employee), Dallas, TxSeptember 14, 2013
Cons: pay, career advancement
Fill in for branch supervisors when absent. Oversee daily operations of teller line, vault balancing, scheduling, audits, and disciplinary action to ensure effective and accurate teller operations. Assist tellers with complex transactions or when needing additional assistance. Personally performed teller duties as necessary to reduce customer waiting time or cover absent staff.
great emplyer
Senior Teller (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXAugust 14, 2013
great job security advancement hard unless you are on teh right side of the political chain but great co workers and people, benefits and compensation were outstanding
Good Environment
Bank Officer (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 30, 2013
This job consists of reviewing regulations and identifying the underlying risks associated in bank operations as it pertains to federal lending regulations.
Great Bank!
Bank Teller (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJanuary 25, 2013
Great Company to work for! Love all of my co-workers, great people to be around.
Professional environment, friendly employees
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXDecember 18, 2012
Pros: love my coworkers, company parties, flexible hours
Cons: low pay, very difficult to move up quickly in company
This is my first job in a professional setting. I open and close bank accounts, answer customers' questions on the phone and in person and help out my supervisor with busy work. I really enjoy my job, but wish I had the opportunity to move up the totem pole quicker. I rarely get unhappy customers, but when I do, I think handling their rudeness is the hardest part of my job. I truly love my job and the environment I work in. My boss is wonderful, I like helping people sort out their financial problems/concerns, and my co-workers are generally very pleasant people.
relax work environment
Customer Service Rep/Teller (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJuly 22, 2012
Under direct supervision, provides customer service such as opening up personal and business accounts, opening time deposits, closing all types of accounts,cashing checks, receiving deposits, making withdrawals, receiving loan payments, making credit cards, ordering personal and business checks, stop payments, setting up safety deposit boxes, advances and preparing change orders for customers.
Productive workplace, wonderful employees
Branch Teller/CSR (Former Employee), Frisco, TXJune 26, 2012
Pros: free lunches on busy days, wonderful work atmosphere, great and loyal customers
Cons: management gets too personal sometimes, smaller branch so it's harder to advance
I learned a lot about the banking industry as well as about myself vwhile working for Plainscapital Bank. It was a smaller branch but I got along great with all of our regular/new customers and fellow employees. I feel like management could be a little stronger with their duties and less personal with employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was staying organized and also gaining wonderful relationships with our customers. Not a day went by that I couldnt greet a customer or send them away without a smile on both our faces. I take great pride in my communication skills.