Planet Beach Contempo Spa Employee Reviews

Not the best management
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMay 14, 2017
Place was a mess, it was almost a "mystery" as to who the owners were, or even who the GM was... and I worked there for a while. Even the DT manager seemed like a myth. Terrible company to work for.
Pros
No real manager, free tanning, basically doing nothing all day.
Cons
Pay, hours, commission, product(s), people, other staff, management, creepy costumers, unsafe tasks, unfair pay
N/a
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMay 6, 2017
They started as a place that was fun to work. After a while the needs of the employees were not met. They also hired unprofessional management to run the store.
easy job
Spa Director (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 11, 2017
Very easy job. The skill set required for this job is not very much. I did enjoy working for this company. Free tanning was a nice benefit. The pay was not very good though.
A typical day at work
Spa Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chino Hills, CAMarch 22, 2017
Being a spa consultant, I run the entire spa on my own. For example; answering the phone, booking appointments, explaining services and products, and selling memberships.
Pros
the members
Cons
no breaks, always alone
Fun and easy
Salon Associate (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYMarch 2, 2017
Unfortunately the salon closed down, but while working there it was so much fun. It was a super easy job, the customers were great, pay was decent, and everyone was almost always friendly and pleasant to deal with. Overall one of my favorite jobs, not because it was easy, but because I developed many relationships with so many different people.
Fun and Busy environment
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, NCFebruary 3, 2017
Always stayed busy and on my feet. Planet Beach taught me how to multitask and maintain a clean and east going environment.
Ok place if you are a client
Spa Consultant/ front desk (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 23, 2017
When I first started I loved it then management changed and things went down hill. They were scheduling me without any concern for my outside work life (I am a college student) and the pay was a joke, no way to get a raise or bonus. Very unorganized with clients resulting in angry conversations I had to explain I couldn't do anything only the management. Left because it was not worth the pay or the drama.
Pros
Free services
Cons
No breaks, standing all day
Nice spa, just not my ideal workplace or crew
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 9, 2017
The amenities at this spa are definitely top notch. There I learned how to utilize their services and take care of customers needs. In the end the position just wasn't a good fit for myself or the company.
Pros
Free services
Cons
No variety of customer type
Good Job
Phone Consultant (Current Employee) –  Farragut, TNNovember 8, 2016
Good place to work with nice people and an organized environment. Haven't work here very long but it seems to be a good place for people to work whether part time or full time.
fun work environment and members!
manager Heidi Block (Former Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 25, 2016
hardest part of the job someday's was marketing and getting potential members, great place to work, great owner, and awesome members they definitely made the day fun!
Awesome place to work!
Spa Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 24, 2016
Awesome owners, management and work place over all! I love our members, and being able to make such an impact on others daily lives! Planet beach employee's have such a powerful impact on helping members look and feel better about themselves.
Pros
Helping others!
Cons
Amazing work place!
Productive and enjoyed promotions.
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoyed all my coworkers. I enjoyed marketing and meeting new people. I also enjoyed setting up educational promotions.
Was my parents company
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2016
this was my parents business and it was just a job to hold me over until I found more steady work. it was a good job for a young teenager not looking for something permanent.
worked with amazing people, nice environemt
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 9, 2015
Everyone at Planet Beach were very pleasant to work with. Looked forward to going into work, enjoyed learning about the services we provided for the PB members. Pretty much got minimum wage pay for working there so that was the only part that sucked. It's a good job for a teenager in school still or a college student.
Pros
discounted services
Cons
poor salary
Fun and relaxing.
Spa consultant (Current Employee) –  Modesto caOctober 2, 2015
Its a really calm place to work, customers are really nice here and i love working by myself, i feel very independent running the store on my own. There's A lot of cleaning but it keeps me busy and i enjoy it.
Pros
Calm environment, relaxing.
Cons
Short hours.
Great company to learn and gain sales experience with
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WASeptember 18, 2015
As a Spa Consultant I primarily worked towards providing excellent customer service to our members and guests and focused on selling to meet the Spa's goals. They provide annual coaching and webinars to employees to make sure that performance and growth is always continuing.
Relaxing work enviornment
Spa Consultant (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 25, 2015
A typical day at work consists of opening up the store and doing thing such as: checking to make sure all beds are clean, opening cash drawer in the P.O.S system, make sure the laundry is going, keep up on the appointment book as well as take calls and schedule appointments, making sure people are satisfied with there time here with us. Closing procedures include: sweeping and mopping of the whole spa, running daily production reports and emailing all the important information to my manager, closing the cash drawer and taking out the deposit.
Pros
Free and unlimited use of all services, free gym membership
Cons
Na
fun
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLJuly 6, 2015
I had to answer phones and schedule appointments. We had to meet quotas weekly for selling tanning memberships and tanning lotions. The staff was pretty nice but usually you worked alone. I would open or close the spa by myself.
Pros
free tanning
Cons
short hours, not enough hours
Job Description
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXJune 23, 2015
I managed the day to day operations, I did all of the hiring/firing, I ordered all of the products, I was the training coordinator, I did payroll, I did all of the marketing, I wrote all of the policies and procedures.
Pros
Meeting our customers
Cons
Losing customers because they lost their job
productive fast paced environment
Direcor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 29, 2015
A typical day at Planet Beach included reviewing all of my teams sales and where they were at for the month/ if they were on track to meet goal. Throughout my time at Planet Beach not only did I further my sales knowledge i also learned and was responsible for payroll, hiring, as well as scheduling. I managed a team of 5 girls, of which we were all a very close knit group. The hardest part of my job would be balancing my life outside work with my job. So often there would be so many tasks to be completed that I would find myself at work more then my own home. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the customers and the amazing bond that I got the chance to make with so many of them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Beach Contempo Spa. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8