Planet Beach Contempo Spa

Planet Beach Contempo Spa United States Employee Reviews

Going no where fast
Spa Consultant (Former Employee), Destin, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: free services
Cons: pay, no breaks, crazy managment
I worked at this spa and I watched many employees come and go. At first I did not understand why.
The owner is absolutely unreasonable. I will never work for a place like this again.
Unprofessional "management". You will ever make any money and will never go anywhere working for this company.
Best Day Spa in Henderson
Director of Operations (Current Employee), Henderson, NVNovember 13, 2014
Incredible atmosphere where members can relax and unwind, energetic, hard-working employees that care about the members.
Great personal development and sales training
Sales Employment (Former Employee), Planet Beach Spa Traverse City, MIOctober 6, 2014
Personal development and sales training were a big part of the salon. Relationships with employees were the best part of the job. Manager was wondering.
Fun place to work and great customers
Front desk / Sales (Former Employee), Lynn Haven, FLAugust 8, 2014
Pros: lunch was great because i had options on where to go
Cons: wanting to buy all of the products
I would open the store, turn on all the machines, look at schedule to see who was coming in at what time, count drawer, start calling our previous customers to let them know about our specials, restock inventory, assist any guests with questions about our machines or products.

my co workers were very nice and up beat, which made the atmosphere light and happy.
hardest part about working there was trying not spend all of your money on their great products and machines!!!
I enjoyed helping the clients relax and making their day better!
Run, don't walk!
Consultant/Spa Director (Former Employee), Pasadena, CAJuly 14, 2014
Pros: free use of spa services
Cons: no break room, can't have lunch in the facility, can't sit down, treated very poorly, minimal pay, crazy owner
This is a franchised company so I can't speak for the company as a whole only the franchised "spa" in Pasadena. The owner is a scatter-brained tyrant. She knows nothing about sales and absolutely nothing about the business she has invested. She is a micro manager that has no idea how to manage or give clear direction to the employees. She then gets mad and cusses and yells at the employees when business doesn't work out positively.

She is a coward and either fires an employee over the phone if you challenge or "talk back" to her or has her contracted HR consultant do it for her.

The spa has only been open for business for 2 months, but she has fired more than 10 employees within that timeframe. She doesn't realize she is her own worst enemy and overreacts to almost everything. She is a very educated oral surgeon, but very ignorant business woman. With the number of people cancelling their memberships and only a few people signing up for memberships each month, her business will no doubt be closing by the end of the year.

If offered a job here, your best bet is to decline unless you like being treated like a slave day and overworked with little pay.
Prior Ownership was Better
Spa Consultant (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2014
Pros: great benefits and easy job tasks
Cons: high sales pressure
Great place to work until the most recent ownership change. The new management was highly inappropriate in her dress code, demeanor and conduct.
Enjoyable
Spa Consultant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 10, 2014
The staff is awesome, and we always had fun promotional parties.
free membership
Spa Consultant (Former Employee), Destin, FLJuly 8, 2014
the co workers who i worked with didnt like cleaning so one was stuck doin all the work
Contempo Spa
Spa Director (Former Employee), Tampa, FLApril 21, 2014
Pros: free spa services
Cons: pay scale, owners, and hours
Sell all spa products and services
Build new client base
Clean and organize spa
Productive and a fun work place
Spa Technician (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLApril 3, 2014
Pros: free spa services
On a typical work day depending on if I'm opening or closing I do the correct procedures to open and close the spa, I conduct sales through out the day, answer phones, sales, and data entry. While working at Planet Beach Contemp Spa I have learned how to go about making sales and bettering my sales skills. My co-workers are very nice, understanding, and we help each other out when we need to. The most enjoyable part of my job would be interacting with many different types of people and building new relationships.
Great Place
Consultant (Current Employee), planet beachFebruary 7, 2014
Pros: the people
Cons: hours, benefits, promotion
You are constantly surrounded by great people. If you like customer service and helping people. This is a great job.
Social and Sales based setting
Tanning Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GaFebruary 5, 2014
Pros: free spa services
Cons: lack of hours
Responsibilities include informing customers of tanning and spa services as wells as lotions and other body products. Answering all customer questions and concerns as well as selling retail and tanning packages are day to day duties. Properly opening and closing the salon and keeping everything is an organized, clean and stress free manner is expected.
fun workplace
Sales associate/ Customer service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJanuary 30, 2014
Pros: flexible work schedule
Cons: short breaks, healthcare not provided
Great customer service workplace for students while attending school. must be able to multitask and complete responsibilities of sales associate while maintaining the front desk.
Fun upbeat company
Assistant Manger (Former Employee), Baton Rouge LaJanuary 29, 2014
Customer Service at its best.

Everyday we would have meetings on improving the business, and marketing projects.
FUN!
Assistant manager (Former Employee), Folsom, CAJanuary 27, 2014
Management was great.
Co workers needed some guidance.
Difficult customers on occasion.
Environment is fabulous.
Fun work place with very nice and interesting customers
Spa Consultant (Former Employee), Gainesville, FLJanuary 15, 2014
Pros: fun work environment.
Cons: management that didn't care about the business.
A typical day at work would start out with signing into the computer, counting the register, doing laundry, opening all tanning beds, turning on all spa equipment. Once we open we make appointments and check clients in. Sell merchandise. Make sure everyone has an enjoyable experience. Then closing. Drain hydrations station, close register, vacuum, mop make sure everything is turned off, make deposit.
I learned how to handle customers that are upset in a friendly manner. How to order new supplies. How to change bulbs in tanning beds.
My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were wronged by management.
Fun workplace
Spa Director (Current Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: free services, fun atmosphere
Cons: no advancement, no healthcare benefits, no holiday pay or pto
Planet Beach is a great place to work if you aren't looking for a career at the moment. You learn clerical skills that are needed pretty much anywhere. I answer phones with a courteous and pleasant voice. I schedule appointments for individuals who have never been to our facility as well as current members. I consult with each new prospect to gain information as to what they are looking for in their physical goals and how they want to see themselves in the future to try to make it reality. I sell memberships and retail that are appropriate to achieve the customers' goals. I work closely with each co-worker to ensure that we are all sharing mindset as well as deliver specific situations so we are all on the same page. What I love about my job is that I am able to talk and be around new people every day, I love getting to know people and learn about their lives. The hardest part of the job would be the inconsistency of procedures and the negligence to notice when employees are doing a good job. It makes it really hard to want to stay somewhere when there is no room for growth, no benefits, or raises every so often.
Productive and Fun workplace
Spa Consultand turned Spa Director (Current Employee), Baton Rouge, LAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: great relationships with fellow business partners, amazing services and products, great relationship with management and coworkers.
Cons: lunch breaks, needs dedicated employees and trying to balance a life outside of work.
A typical day at work involves opening and/or closing the store. You begin each day with a daily game plan. Utilize your time by scheduling appointments, prospecting, or product/store education. I learned patience, perserverance & the importance of consistency and dedication. The only reason this job was difficult for me was because there was a lot of turn over with staff, we were short handed for most of my time in this position which would make any job more difficult. Other than that, this was a very fun environment. I loved my employer and the coworkers that were there through the duration of time with me.
okay
Spa Consultant (Former Employee), Lakewood, COSeptember 27, 2013
fun to work here but the manager is hard to work for at times and has financial problems
educational and motivating
spa consultant/ receptionist/ sales assistant. (Former Employee), Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: commission + salary
Working at Planet beach Contempo spa was a place that really educated its employees in all aspects of the job i,e service equipment, interacting with customers, creating patient profiles to produce the best outcomes, sales techniques, product awareness, and brand marketing.
A typical day consisted of interacting with clients and obtaining all information necessary from them to produce the best results the spa could offer. Sales techniques were a part of everyday training, as well as setting up appointments, getting clients into services, servicing equipment, updating accounts, and credit card information.

Planet Beach Contempo Spa Salaries