Planet Beach Contempo Spa Employee Reviews in United States

Productive and enjoyed promotions.
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 9, 2016
I enjoyed all my coworkers. I enjoyed marketing and meeting new people. I also enjoyed setting up educational promotions.
worked with amazing people, nice environemt
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 9, 2015
Everyone at Planet Beach were very pleasant to work with. Looked forward to going into work, enjoyed learning about the services we provided for the PB members. Pretty much got minimum wage pay for working there so that was the only part that sucked. It's a good job for a teenager in school still or a college student.
Pros
discounted services
Cons
poor salary
Awesome place to work!
Spa Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, FLApril 24, 2016
Awesome owners, management and work place over all! I love our members, and being able to make such an impact on others daily lives! Planet beach employee's have such a powerful impact on helping members look and feel better about themselves.
Pros
Helping others!
Cons
Amazing work place!
Was my parents company
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 4, 2016
this was my parents business and it was just a job to hold me over until I found more steady work. it was a good job for a young teenager not looking for something permanent.
Relaxing work enviornment
Spa Consultant (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDJuly 25, 2015
A typical day at work consists of opening up the store and doing thing such as: checking to make sure all beds are clean, opening cash drawer in the P.O.S system, make sure the laundry is going, keep up on the appointment book as well as take calls and schedule appointments, making sure people are satisfied with there time here with us. Closing procedures include: sweeping and mopping of the whole spa, running daily production reports and emailing all the important information to my manager, closing the cash drawer and taking out the deposit.
Pros
Free and unlimited use of all services, free gym membership
Cons
NA
Fun workplace
Spa Director (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJanuary 3, 2014
Planet Beach is a great place to work if you aren't looking for a career at the moment. You learn clerical skills that are needed pretty much anywhere. I answer phones with a courteous and pleasant voice. I schedule appointments for individuals who have never been to our facility as well as current members. I consult with each new prospect to gain information as to what they are looking for in their physical goals and how they want to see themselves in the future to try to make it reality. I sell memberships and retail that are appropriate to achieve the customers' goals. I work closely with each co-worker to ensure that we are all sharing mindset as well as deliver specific situations so we are all on the same page. What I love about my job is that I am able to talk and be around new people every day, I love getting to know people and learn about their lives. The hardest part of the job would be the inconsistency of procedures and the negligence to notice when employees are doing a good job. It makes it really hard to want to stay somewhere when there is no room for growth, no benefits, or raises every so often.
Pros
free services, fun atmosphere
Cons
no advancement, no healthcare benefits, no holiday pay or pto
Great company to learn and gain sales experience with
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WASeptember 18, 2015
As a Spa Consultant I primarily worked towards providing excellent customer service to our members and guests and focused on selling to meet the Spa's goals. They provide annual coaching and webinars to employees to make sure that performance and growth is always continuing.
Fun and relaxing.
Spa consultant (Current Employee) –  Modesto caOctober 2, 2015
Its a really calm place to work, customers are really nice here and i love working by myself, i feel very independent running the store on my own. There's A lot of cleaning but it keeps me busy and i enjoy it.
Pros
Calm environment, relaxing.
Cons
Short hours.
productive fast paced environment
Direcor (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLMay 29, 2015
A typical day at Planet Beach included reviewing all of my teams sales and where they were at for the month/ if they were on track to meet goal. Throughout my time at Planet Beach not only did I further my sales knowledge i also learned and was responsible for payroll, hiring, as well as scheduling. I managed a team of 5 girls, of which we were all a very close knit group. The hardest part of my job would be balancing my life outside work with my job. So often there would be so many tasks to be completed that I would find myself at work more then my own home. The most enjoyable part of my job would have to be the customers and the amazing bond that I got the chance to make with so many of them.
College Job, Fun Workplace
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 22, 2013
Planet Beach Contempo Spa was a fun job! I was in college working full time because I love working. I would help with skincare consultations, selling memberships and products. I loved the girls I worked with and Management was alright.
Pros
easy & fun enviornment
Cons
no benifits, short hours
Fun work place with very nice and interesting customers
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLJanuary 15, 2014
A typical day at work would start out with signing into the computer, counting the register, doing laundry, opening all tanning beds, turning on all spa equipment. Once we open we make appointments and check clients in. Sell merchandise. Make sure everyone has an enjoyable experience. Then closing. Drain hydrations station, close register, vacuum, mop make sure everything is turned off, make deposit.
I learned how to handle customers that are upset in a friendly manner. How to order new supplies. How to change bulbs in tanning beds.
My co-workers were very friendly and easy to work with.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with customers that were wronged by management.
Pros
fun work environment.
Cons
management that didn't care about the business.
Productive and Fun workplace
Spa Consultand turned Spa Director (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAOctober 21, 2013
A typical day at work involves opening and/or closing the store. You begin each day with a daily game plan. Utilize your time by scheduling appointments, prospecting, or product/store education. I learned patience, perserverance & the importance of consistency and dedication. The only reason this job was difficult for me was because there was a lot of turn over with staff, we were short handed for most of my time in this position which would make any job more difficult. Other than that, this was a very fun environment. I loved my employer and the coworkers that were there through the duration of time with me.
Pros
great relationships with fellow business partners, amazing services and products, great relationship with management and coworkers.
Cons
lunch breaks, needs dedicated employees and trying to balance a life outside of work.
Great place to work but unstable
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 9, 2013
At Planet Beach Contempo Spa, your day consisted of selling retail and memberships, educating clients on the importance of healthy living and skin care, and providing excellent customer service. I learned the importance of marketing and knowing the product you are selling. I also learned when someone has had a bad experience the only thing you can do is apologize to them and do your best to ensure that the problem is solved. The management was not good at all. Both locations I worked at had management that provided an unstable work environment for their employees. The hardest part of the job was learning the skin care and weight loss regimes. The most enjoyable part was the marketing events such as bridal shows.
Pros
free tanning and spa treatments, great discounts on great products
Cons
never sure of your work schedule, never know if you're going to have a job the next day
educational and motivating
spa consultant/ receptionist/ sales assistant. (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 27, 2013
Working at Planet beach Contempo spa was a place that really educated its employees in all aspects of the job i,e service equipment, interacting with customers, creating patient profiles to produce the best outcomes, sales techniques, product awareness, and brand marketing.
A typical day consisted of interacting with clients and obtaining all information necessary from them to produce the best results the spa could offer. Sales techniques were a part of everyday training, as well as setting up appointments, getting clients into services, servicing equipment, updating accounts, and credit card information.
Pros
commission + salary
Prior Ownership was Better
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJuly 11, 2014
Great place to work until the most recent ownership change. The new management was highly inappropriate in her dress code, demeanor and conduct.
Pros
great benefits and easy job tasks
Cons
high sales pressure
Great Place to be
Assistant Manager/Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 9, 2015
While I worked at Planet Beach I sold retail and different tanning packages to customers. I learned a lot about tanning beds. I liked my co-workers. The hardest paat about the jobs were the hours and working a lot of weekends. The most enjoyable was the people I worked with.
Pros
free tanning and good pay
benefits
Fun Job!
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXApril 23, 2015
Enjoyed working here but the compensation was less than mediocre. The clients were great and you really would form relationships with many of them. The products were great! The pricing slightly higher than most, but the services were great.
Going no where fast
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Destin, FLFebruary 19, 2015
I worked at this spa and I watched many employees come and go. At first I did not understand why.
The owner is absolutely unreasonable. I will never work for a place like this again.
Unprofessional "management". You will ever make any money and will never go anywhere working for this company.
Pros
free services
Cons
pay, no breaks, crazy managment
Great Place
Consultant (Current Employee) –  planet beachFebruary 7, 2014
You are constantly surrounded by great people. If you like customer service and helping people. This is a great job.
Pros
the people
Cons
hours, benefits, promotion
Run, don't walk!
Consultant/Spa Director (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 14, 2014
This is a franchised company so I can't speak for the company as a whole only the franchised "spa" in Pasadena. The owner is a scatter-brained tyrant. She knows nothing about sales and absolutely nothing about the business she has invested. She is a micro manager that has no idea how to manage or give clear direction to the employees. She then gets mad and cusses and yells at the employees when business doesn't work out positively.

She is a coward and either fires an employee over the phone if you challenge or "talk back" to her or has her contracted HR consultant do it for her.

The spa has only been open for business for 2 months, but she has fired more than 10 employees within that timeframe. She doesn't realize she is her own worst enemy and overreacts to almost everything. She is a very educated oral surgeon, but very ignorant business woman. With the number of people cancelling their memberships and only a few people signing up for memberships each month, her business will no doubt be closing by the end of the year.

If offered a job here, your best bet is to decline unless you like being treated like a slave day and overworked with little pay.
Pros
free use of spa services
Cons
no break room, can't have lunch in the facility, can't sit down, treated very poorly, minimal pay, crazy owner

Planet Beach Contempo Spa Reviews by Location