Planet Beach Employee Reviews

Spa Consultant (Current Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 16, 2017
it is a professional place of business and is very productive. the atmosphere is welcoming and relaxing to all are in it. the management is very caring.
Pros
productive
Cons
Planet Beach was a great experiance with fantastic employees.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Concordville, PAAugust 7, 2017
I was the manager of a staff of seven employees that I personally hired and trained. Planet Beach was a very fun work environment. The clients would have to been my favorite part of my job. Meeting so many different types of people and introducing them to planet beach and what we could offer.
Pros
great employees and face to face business
Cons
no room for growth within in the store
Constant turnover
Sales manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 20, 2017
The employees didn't care about the position and it came across to the owners. That bothered me because I care so much. I pride myself on going above and beyond
Planet Beach
Spa Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJuly 10, 2017
Great learning experience, it was a great step straight out of college, as I was getting my feet wet into a career for my future!

I am grateful for what I learned there.
It's ok
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Slidell, LAJune 23, 2017
It's ok. It has it's perks with free tanning but don't expect to make a career of it unless you can be a spa director. Don't expect over 40 hours or benefits.
Fun work place with great people
Spa consultant/Spa Ops (Former Employee) –  Helena, MTMay 18, 2017
Planet Beach is an amazing work environment with incredible people. It was a great learning experience when it came to customers and how they should be treated throughout their visit. Overall a great place. Would highly recommend to anyone that likes sales work.
Pros
Discounts on products and free membership
Cons
Horrible doesn't even begin to describe it. Shady business practices. Corporate doesn't know what they're doing except for maybe 2 people.
Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasMarch 27, 2017
I would not recommend my worst enemy to work for this place. They are horrible. I don't know how they have managed to stay in business this long. They don't care about employees or members
Pros
Discount products, free membership
Cons
Pay, commission scale, zero help from corporate, lack of knowledge at corporate, shady business practices
Good sales skills building job
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJanuary 27, 2017
I landed that job shortly after graduating college. I am not good at commission sales and my fellow co workers were young so I felt a little out of place.
Pros
Free spa services
Cons
Poor management
Planet Beach
Spa Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Kenner, LAJanuary 6, 2017
Love the work place at Plant Beach. All the customers are like family and its nice to see them come in stressed out and leave relaxed. The job is constant work making calls and doing daily duties.
Fun work atmosphere
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LAJanuary 5, 2017
Work days were very easy and simple. Greet customers as they came in and help them with anything they needed. Put away supplies and inventory as it came in. Management was very poor and it took longer than it should to get answers to issues we had in the store. No manager was there in store.
Pros
Fun, easy job.
Cons
Poor management
Manager
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Walker, LASeptember 23, 2016
The manager position taught me a lot about a work environment. I deal with customers all day, everyday. I love interacting with people/customers. I enjoyed my clients, they were the highlight of my day. I loved my job but it isn't as challenging as I like. Time for me to move on to newer and better things for my future.
Pros
Free tanning and 40% discount
Cons
There are none.
Fun atmosphere
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLAugust 1, 2016
Customer sales leader for my store team. I learned to put clients of health regime and help them create daily health goals. Along with telling products.
Pros
Fun and exciting
Relaxing yet productive workplace
Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 23, 2016
Working in the "Spa experience" type of business is very laid back and relaxed regarding the fact that you are at work. Working for Planet Beach i learned different ways to accommodate different customers and what really works out the best for them. You wanted to provide the best service matching what they were looking for whether it was just one spray tan or a year long membership subscription. The environment is very relaxed and accustomed to the way that YOU wanted it to be. Things could be tricky when you have a lot of clients come in at once and you need to provide all of them with the same amount of excellence customer service but you figure out a way that works best for you and before you know it you have regulars coming in during your hours just to see you, which i find to be very rewarding.
Pros
Free tanning and discounts on products
Cons
Slow hours, alot of downtime
productive
Assistant to the owner/receptionist/consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 19, 2016
environment was always friendly and positive, always had something to do everyday, maintained cleanliness of spa but built relationships with clients
Planet Beach Contempo Spa
Spa Director (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSMarch 19, 2016
A Contempo Spa is a unique and innovative spin on traditional day spas. Customers pay a monthly membership fee for unlimited fully automated, push-button spa & UV services in a private room without the need of an attendant. These rejuvenating wellness services include four types of massages, two types of facials, hydration treatments, teeth whitening, guided meditation, oxygen therapy, weight management treatments, UV therapy and Mystic spray tans and a wide range of skincare and nutrition products all bundled together to help customer achieve their total skincare, wellness and stress relief goals.

History

Established in 2008.

Planet Beach started as a tanning salon but in 2005 the founders realized that the wellness industry needed to include more options for the typical person. Most people feel that going to the "spa" is costly and time consuming. We are changing the way the world rejuvenates. We opened the Gulfport location in October, 2008, to serve the people in the surrounding areas.
Pros
I loved the relaxing atmosphere and customer relation ships built
Fun and great place to work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 20, 2015
Love working here. Owner is great. Product are wonderful/
The location is in a great plaza. The team members are fun to work with. If you need to tan please try Planet Beach out
Pros
Great products
Cons
Need more hours
Exciting place to work!!
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Southlake, TXOctober 6, 2015
A very energetic and fun atmosphere between the customers, management, and staff. I learned a lot about reaching out to the public and marketing. They offered a lot of advancement opportunities.
Was fun while it lasted
Senior Spa Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CASeptember 20, 2015
I absolutely loved working here my first sales position, I learned how to overcome many objections. Learned that a sale is never over until I actually hear "No" as the answer. The management was one of the best parts of the job. My Spa Director was the most nurturing, yet strict manager I have ever had. She always looked out for the best interest of her sales team and the spa itself. The most enjoyable part of this job was being apart of a team.
Fun and productive work place
RECEPTIONIST/OFFICE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 25, 2015
I have worked for many tanning salons over the years, Planet Beach was very nice. I liked the way they had everything set up for all the customers. It was professional, and we made our customers very happy.
Pros
Great people
Cons
I had to leave because I found a job that paid more.
laid back workplace, poor management
Salon Representative (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAAugust 10, 2015
other employees lacked drive to work, did not work well with employees because all duties fell on me. Laid back work day, flexible hours. Enjoyed meeting new people