Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

If you like to be a self starter this job is for you!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 18, 2017
Up and coming franchise still getting it's feet wet on the operations side of things. We are really great at building clubs, now it's time to focus on operations and the development of our team. The Upper Leadership team is amazing and works well together. We all had a lot on our plate and need more people on the team however we figured out how to get everything done with the limited resources. I am sad that I had to relocate and will not be able to see the fruit of our labor come to fruition however I know the franchise will be able to do great things!
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
ownership group is not great
Great team to work with, but very dissastified with pay.
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GANovember 17, 2017
Too much work for little pay. You're expected to check out guests, perform sales, clean the locker rooms/be a janitor, and maintain all of the club equipment every day. The only pros is the Black Card Employee Membership and weekly pay.
Pros
Black Card Employee Membership, Weekly Pay
Cons
Barely over minimum wage pay rate, no pay rate increase after 30 days.
Good
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Belton, MONovember 17, 2017
Decent job. good people. easy to learn the job. lotta cleaning.
get to meet new people and recurring people a lot. learned new stuff.
info call suck. hot men. people of all different weight. very comfy atmosphere. no judgement.
Pros
free work out.
Cons
short breaks.
Great!
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 16, 2017
Planet Fitness was a great job that helped me utilize my communication skills, providing customer service to the community on a daily basis. Planet Fitness has a very positive and energetic work environment.
Pros
positive work environment.
Cons
n/a
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Forest Hill, MDNovember 16, 2017
I enjoyed working at planet fitness. They worked around me being pregnant and I made a lot of great friends with coworkers and gym members. Unfortunately there were no open positions after my maternity leave so I had to seek other employment.
Pros
Free black card membership
Slow and Long
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CONovember 15, 2017
I worked the graveyard shift and was not trained completely. Stated my first shift not knowing how to do a few duties, but my co workers quit before I could amd when I asked to fill morning opening2 I was denied which made me not understand why.
Relaxed job atmosphere
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Pawtucket, RINovember 15, 2017
Very relaxed and calm, clock in, do a bathroom check, check members in, sign members up, handle cancellations, restock stuff , move weights around, answer phone
It’s great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Scranton, PANovember 14, 2017
Love it here! Great place to work for college students or anyone that is into fitness. Great atmosphere, and judgement free which is great for everyone.
Would rate 0 stars if I could
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Port Huron, MINovember 14, 2017
Awful pay for amount of work you are expected to do. My manager was new and fired almost everyone from the previous manger. Scheduled me zero hours one week for "punishment".
Cons
Low pay
Low Salary/ No upwards growth
Overnight Front Desk/ Janitor (Former Employee) –  Owosso, MINovember 14, 2017
My time here was good at first but our assistant manager left and things became very strict and pressured. For the amount of work we do I feel as if we deserve more money.
Pros
night shift easier shift quiet
Cons
salary, being pulled in every direction sometimes

Want to know more about Planet Fitness?

Ask a question
Overall Chill Job
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Worthington, OHNovember 14, 2017
This job is fun and relaxed. Even though the pay rate is low, it's a decent job to have to make some extra cash, but it would be hard for this to be your only job. Management is great and the staff is very cool. Overall a great place to work.
Experience
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, MINovember 13, 2017
Sole purpose of job. Sign members up to make owners more money. No Incentives. You have 5 people cleaning the same machine over and over. Manager was unorganized that showed favoritism towards females. Manager would sit at home and watch the cameras from his laptop. Pretty cut throat company
Pros
Hot women
Cons
The job
Not awesome
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MINovember 13, 2017
People treat you worse than a bagger at a grocery store. The bathroom is always dirty because people assume that you are going to clean it up anyways. Not talking about basics.
Pros
Free black card membership
Cons
Everything but the membership.
Fast-paced & judgement free environment
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sylvania, OHNovember 12, 2017
Planet Fitness is a fast paced environment working with members to sign up for memberships. It is also very important to keep the gym as clean as possible for users in the facility. Our number one goal is to provide excellent service and a judgement free environment for people to workout.
Lack of respect
Over night closer (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORNovember 12, 2017
I used to work nights at Planet Fitness in Springfield and the pay for an overnight closer is the same as those who work during the day. They will also call the overnight workers to work during the day on their off days when they haven't called any one else first. Cleaning is a huge part of the overnight and if the morning shift doesn't come in on time, you sometimes don't get paid for the half hour to hour that you stayed while waiting for them. The patrons are rude and snobby, they are entitled as well.

The only thing you get really from it is the $20 membership for free.
Pros
free black card, consistent hours, on the job training
Cons
No break for overnight
Productive and overall positive Atmosphere
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Carson, CANovember 11, 2017
A typical day at work is clocking in, doing a walk-through and maintaining the gym. Cleaning a set of cardio machines. We also answer phone calls, give tours, sign people up for memberships, cancellations, billing, and having good communication amongst members.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
no cons
Mistreated taken for granted and no advancements
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2017
When I first started working at planet fitness it was a great job. As a part time student it offered me time for school, for myself ,and they left me alone. Two years later I am being threaten and taken for granted. It seems the longer you stay at the company the less they do for you. I have seen newer employees getting paid double my salary and when I finally asked about mine I was greeted with a write up for sitting on a counter. There is nothing to do there for 8 hours as no one signs up and worst part is NO COMMISION for those sign ups.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
no breaks, no commision, no hours, management sucks, no sitting
Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Suffern, NYNovember 10, 2017
Great place to work would recommend to most people looking for a job. one of the things I enjoyed most was that not only was it laid back environment but the staff was friendly as well.
Great Experience
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCNovember 10, 2017
Even though I only worked at Planet Fitness for a year it was a wonderful experience. The staff, environment, and overall work was rewarding. The best part to me was that I never left work having had a bad day. The only thing that could have been better was the pay, but I know if I moved up with the company that would have improved.
good place
TRAINER (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 9, 2017
The members are great. The location is awesome since I live just down the road so it makes it super convenient. Hours are good. Gym is very clean and well maintained.
Pros
location
Cons
staff