Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Loved being apart of Planet Fitness
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Ypsilanti, MIJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Holiday Pay, Christmas Bonuses, Plenty of offered overtime, Great Management
Cons: No Benefits, No commision, Cant train outside clients at the gym
I wore many hats while working at Planet Fitness, and that really prep'd me to be more marketable.

The staff was great, we were more like friends than just employee's at the end of the day which really made it easy to show up for work day in,and day out.

Management was amazing! I really couldn't have asked for a better GM. Simply he understood circumstances, was an active listener, and was willing to work with you through any problem that may have risen.

I enjoyed my experience as an employee their and would do it all over again if it came down to it.
It was a good job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2015
It was a good safe work environment with good people. the most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help people get in shape including myself.
Mostly fun and fast pace
Front desk receptionist greet members (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Getting to meet a lot of great people
Cons: A lot is expected for minimal pay
Good Company to work for if talking to people is easy for you. For the most part flexible with school, but better if Planet can be your main priority. Moving up in the company is Farley easy.
fun to work with my co-workers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), PRJuly 27, 2015
it was all about team work there were ruff days but nothing i could in handled very good area learn what the best way of been healthy
Perfect job for the moment
Front Desk (Current Employee), Crossgates CommonsJuly 26, 2015
Pros: Easy job
Cons: Minimum Wage
This is a good job to do for some extra cash, but not the best if you have a lot of bills/debts to pay off. As a weekend front desk associate (6am-1pm), I make minimum wage...which is reasonable for how laid-back the environment and expectations are. My job is mainly customer service, and a little cleaning to keep the machines and gym looking presentable. I feel this job taught me to be a better cleaner, which benefits me at home.
Management here is close to what I feel is needed, but he is young, and am sure he will learn with time. My coworkers are a lot of fun, and very easy to get along with...but sometimes can forget they are "at work". The hardest part of my job is waking up at 5am on the weekend, but enjoy getting out early during the best part of the day.
What I learned
❸ Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Birmingham,ALJuly 23, 2015
Great place to work and move up with-in the company. Flexible work hours and fun environment. There are many locations and transferring to other locations is almost always a possibility.
Fun Fast Paced Work Environment
Members Services (Current Employee), Concord, NHJuly 23, 2015
Generally a typical day really depends. We never know if people are going to workout that day, I prefer when it is busy I think it makes the time go by. I have learned to do things quickly and properly, deal with a number of different people with different personalities, and continue to learn as I go. I personally think the management styles could be different, to me it seems like they are all about harassing the employees and scaring them into doing what they say at all times. My co workers are good, I get along with them really well just sometimes they dont work quickly and accurately and somehow – more... I am the one always getting corrected or explained to how to do something when I have worked here longer than certain people, and I do it correctly. I personally feel harassed and treated as if I am stupid when I have done very well in learning the rules and policies. The hardest part of the job would have to be being up at the desk by yourself, generally its the rule of thumb that once youre by yourself the desk gets swamped with people and it does. I personally enjoy all of the members I have gotten to know, I love them. I have met so many amazing people who workout here and I am grateful that I work in a customer service job. – less
Productive, friendly work environment
Overnight Custodian (Current Employee), Morrisville, PAJuly 21, 2015
Working overnight at Planet Fitness can be slow, but the atmosphere is very nice. the gym members are all friendly, co-workers are helpful and understanding. Management is welcoming, understanding and willing to help out when needed.
Very productive
Front Desk (Current Employee), Elizabeth City, NCJuly 21, 2015
Cons: Benefits
On a typical work day I work the front desk, greet customers, and handle customer daily concerns and issues. I've learned how to solve problems with little to no help from management. I love the team I work with we all get along so well. The most enjoyable part of my job is solving customer issues, I love the fact I have the authority and ability to hanlde certain situations.
Ok job
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Port Saint Lucie, FLJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Good Hours
Cons: Cant advance in the workplace
A typical work day consists of checking customers in, ringing up merchandise that is sold, sign members up, and organize paper work. What i gained from this job is better customer service skills. Co workers were friendly and fun. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking to members. There was not a hard day working here. The management was pretty good. The store manager was nice and friendly.
Large growing company with amazing management
Front Desk (Former Employee), Novi, MIJuly 20, 2015
Pros: Great management.
Cons: short staffed.
A typical day at work would consist of lots of smiles and constantly keeping busy. Each and every co-worker wanted to be there and were driven to move up in the company. We would have mods every so often which would teach us more and more about what the companies goals were as a whole and goals you could set for yourself to move up in the company. It all falls back on how hard you worked and how badly you wanted to be there. The management team was very supportive and encouraging, each and every person had a story on how they moved up in the company and showed us that it wasn't impossible to get to there standing point and become a club owner some day, which was the ultimate goal. The hardest part about working at the planet fitness club i was at was the shortness of staff. There was a huge turn over while i was there so the work load was outrageous at times and i would have to stay after my 8 hour shift for the over night shift as well. Overall i enjoyed working at planet fitness so much and would have loved to make a life long career of it if i hadn't moved. The most enjoyable part of it all was the relationships i was able to build with the team and with the members.
great
assitant manager (Former Employee), Edgewood, PAJuly 18, 2015
I love it this place has so much room for growth in the company. I give this franchise a 5star rating. Co-workers was great customer service was great!
very fun and productive workplace
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Hawaiian Gardens, CAJuly 17, 2015
working at the gym was alot of fun. I learned a ton of new things about physical fitness that i never knew. It also allowed me to put my foot in the door with customer service, retail sales, cash handeling, and switchboard phone etiquette
Planet Fitness
Member Services Representative (Current Employee), Concord, NHJuly 17, 2015
Pros: Members
Cons: Skeleton Crew
A typical day of working at planet fitness consists of signing people up, answering questions based on their monthly contractual agreement with us, answering phone calls, and canceling memberships. Member Service Reps are also responsible for cleaning restrooms and maintaining cleanly equipment.
Great for College Students
Front Desk/Admin Support (Former Employee), EwingJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Discount cooler drinks, Fun management style, Free Gym Memberships
Cons: Low Pay, No Benefits
This is a great job for college students. I worked the 6am to 3pm shift and I had enough time to complete homework and attend school at night.
The hiring Manager was fun and accommodating.
The worst part of the job was the incredibly low pay and employees were not given benefits.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the gym members.
Do not treat employees fairly
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee), Midland, TXJuly 14, 2015
Pros: free gym membership with employment
Cons: no breaks, poor management, little advancement
A good job to learn some basic front desk responsibilities. The management is not well trained and they let people go for non legitimate reasons.
Encouragable, fun and ethical work environment
Member Services (Former Employee), Little Rock, ArJuly 13, 2015
Pros: competitive, fun, friendly, judgement free zone
Cons: graveyard shift
logs and tracks data, tour guests of the workplace to get the comfortable and update them on a need to know basis. fun and friendly competitions held between employees. Managers are reliable and very professional and work oriented. Hardest part would be night shift when it slows down. Enjoyable: actually making a black card sales to a new viewer.
Positive work place
Assisting customers (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHJuly 13, 2015
Working as a team and meeting new people and learning about there achievements with there fitness. I loved the atmosphere and the experience that I've learned with customer service.
Good Company
Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaJuly 12, 2015
Good Company to work for. Potential to grow within the company and meet a lot of successful people. Good benefits package.
Fun yet strict
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 10, 2015
It was very fun working for Planet Fitness, but they had some very strict rules about how to act while working. We were not allowed to sit down at any time during our shifts and they don't give breaks. You have to eat at the desk while working, but they hired great friendly people so I made a lot of great friends.