Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 1,404 reviews matching the search
Unorganized managment at all locations
Shift Leader/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Groves, TXJune 17, 2017
The job itself is not bad but the managment and chain of command is terrible. I was fired via text message due to a lie told by the store manager just so he wouldn't get in trouble. Slight racisim as well.
Productive fun enviorment
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
I enhanced my customer service and sales skills signing people up for memberships every single shift. I had an awesome and very supportive management team.
Fun place to work
Member Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAJune 15, 2017
Very enjoyable job. You get to meet a lot of different people. Some members of the gym have become very close friends and will remain friends. Job requirements are way to extensive for the amount you get paid. Chances for raises every 3 months, and possible promotions to management.
Pros
free membership, discounts on merchandise
Cons
no benefits
Fun work place with fast advancement
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Goffstown, NHJune 15, 2017
The company is fast pace and fun to work for. They really appreciate their employees. I started as a part time employee and when I decided I was ready to move up in the company they got right on it with training me. It only took me a month to move up into management.
Pros
Great experience, awesome benefits, fun environment
Cons
Standing all day
love the people
maintenance manager (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 15, 2017
have been there 3 1/2 yrs or so and love the people. like most jobs has it fair share of problems but most of all it is a nice place to work. things could change some.
Pros
Cons
pay
A good starting place
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Abingdon, MDJune 14, 2017
Work wasn't too bad. Members can be difficult at times but they are pleasant for the most part. I learned great customer service and having a better understanding of people's intentions. Cleaning isn't that bad either, the hardest part is the ignorant members. I enjoyed the people and the staff.
Fun, yet high paced work atmosphere.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 14, 2017
When not attending to customers or daily paperwork, cleaning the gym from top to bottom was our highest priority. I learned how to effectively balance employee management with my employee duties. The hardest part was trying to adjust to the incredible spike in business around new years, but that was the most fun part about it too.
Pros
free membership
Cons
short breaks
Not recommended
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Chelsea, MAJune 13, 2017
Not recommended for someone who actually likes to work and is used to being busy.. employees don't stay long.. don't even bother if your a rule follower
Pros
Understanding management, flexible schedule
Cons
No space to move up, deal with unmotivated kids
Relaxed slow paced job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 12, 2017
I enjoyed working here. i learned alot. Met a lot of nice people and got to work out whenever i wanted. I had a good realtionship with the customers, I liked the atomosphere.
Nice work place
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Belton, TXJune 12, 2017
Work is not overly difficult. There are a few tedious tasks, but for the most part things are simple. The people that I work with are great. For the most part, I enjoy my job.
Bad
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  777 BroadwayJune 11, 2017
I worked at planet fitness for more than 1 year. Never got any benefits. They expect you to do so much, when you don't even make 40 hours, plus you can only make the minimum wage.
Perfect for college students
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Clifton, NJJune 11, 2017
Hours are flexible with school schedule. The staff is great as well as the management, Work hard and you are able to move up quite quickly. It is a fun environment to work with especially if you're a people's person.
easy, customer service
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Morgantown, WVJune 10, 2017
flexibly with college student schedule, it was enjoyable if you like helping others. management was not consistent. I've learned a lot about banking. sometime require cleaning
Drama filled frat house
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericksburg, VAJune 9, 2017
If it wasn't for the staff at my location I'd still work for the owner of my planet fitness. I loved the clients as well as the company, and I especially loved my job.
Pros
Free Black card Membership
Cons
Continual change in policy and high turnover of employees
fun place to work
Front Desk Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Metairie, LAJune 7, 2017
fun place to work, but the position does not pay well. Constantly deal with people's problems and basically run the gym and take care of some custodial work.
typical day at work
Overnight Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Chapel Hill, NCJune 7, 2017
I mostly make sure the locker rooms are clean and use power washer/floor scrubber for floors and shower stalls. I get along well with others. The bad part about the work environment is the lack of communications. The most great part of the job is my schedule always set without change. When closing I can set the alarms and lock the doors.
Pros
free memberships to use facility
Cons
no benefits for part time employess
Fun and easy workplace
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Springfield, OHJune 7, 2017
The job is enjoyable and is very laid-back. The job is easy and the people are nice. The pay is not worth the effort you are expected to put in. You do get a free membership and after the first year you have access to paid time off.
Pros
free membership
ok
Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 7, 2017
Working here was okay due to the bond i have shared with many of the members. the staff was lovely but i did not like how the manager would do things at times. favoritism.
Fun but cheap
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJune 7, 2017
I love this place ,even got in shape. The pay is just not enough to live on . Great for a first time job. You meet beautiful people with different stories and backgrounds.
Pros
free memberships
Cons
low pay
Productive and fun workplace with strong growth and advancement
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 7, 2017
Planet fitness has that fun atmosphere. Its very customer driven but every day there is something fun, new and exciting. Work days involve checking in members giving tours when people come in as well as answering phones. The staff all feel like family and management is very down to earth and pushing you to succeed.
Pros
Atmosphere, Relationships you build with members and staff, Growth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9