Planet Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

Is a nice big cheap gym, with good customer service, New workout equipment, and alot of help if needed.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJuly 9, 2016
While working in Planet Fitness, I improve my customer service skills and learn how to put the customer information in the computer.
Pros
You will be able to workout.
Cons
The pay is not good.
pay
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Carle Place, NYJuly 9, 2016
i did everything at the club, i kept it running and when the constant change of management i trained new hires. I was not promoted.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
not keen on giving raises
Not a place to work for
Overnight Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PAJuly 7, 2016
i was not happy when i started working there. They wanted to pay cheap for a lot of work for just one person to do. The management was not right for the place they didn't know what they were doing. The people that work there that i saw they there very nice and friendley. the hardest part of the job was they wanted way to much clean for just one person to do.
Safe and Fun environment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CAJuly 7, 2016
At work everyone was so kind and nice, i felt included and part of the team as soon as i started. I learned how to keep better track of time. The management was not bad at ll i worked nights so i didn't really see a manager but hey would always leave me messages and make me feel part of the team right away. My co-workers were the best they were funny, friendly and kind. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the women's locker room because of the fact that I am not female I had to wait until all females were out of the locker room to clean it. The most enjoyable part was taking out the trash bins on the gym floor because i got to talk to customers as i was doing my job.
Pros
Pizza Mondays, Bagel Tuesdays, a free gym membership
A day in the Front Desk
Customer Service and Opener (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 7, 2016
Working on the Front Desk of Planet Fitness is a great way to start your day. Receiving those clients of which you already know their names helps you with your social skills and with your memory. Remembering almost 200 names is not an easy task but I do it anyway because I love giving a great customer service.My co-workers and me have a great relationship that results on having a great shift. Sometimes is hard to have a great shift because not all clients are well behaved.
Pros
Having a free gym
Cons
No health care, short breaks
productive and super fun
Front Desk/Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 7, 2016
learned how to treat customers and how to disclose information to them. Also how to check the register out and manage the money and inventory stock. The hardest part was to deal with members that were disobedient.
Pros
free gym membership
Cons
frowned upon for not selling enough black card memberships
Very interactive workplace
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJuly 6, 2016
A typical day would involve me talking to members about policy's or maybe them possibly joining the club, also I did a lot of cleaning of equipment and bathrooms. Interacting with so many different people with all different cultural backgrounds really helped me to learn about personal skills and different type of communication skills. I get along with almost anyone so I really enjoyed all of co-workers as well as my managers.
Planet Fitness
frount desk (Current Employee) –  Sanford, MEJuly 5, 2016
well i went in thinking it was a judgement free zone and found myself being judged by employees and it felt uncomfortable for me.
Pros
feals good at first
Cons
being called fat and stupid
its a war zone
Team Captain (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2016
in order to work and succeed at a planet fitness you need to determine what your goals are 6 months down the road are, whether its going to school, or being apart of management. If you decide that planet fitness isn't a career then employment here will be strenuous. the road to management is pretty simple, how ever you were trained, apply that with good work ethic, and a willingness to take on responsibility. whenever the opportunity presents itself to be promoted accept the challenge because even if your not ready for promotion they will see your eagerness to grow within the company. As far as work environment the member can make it your best work experience and also your worst. try to be consistent when explaining policy and contract because it can come back to bite you if a member points out something wrong that wasn't noticed.
Pros
great co-workers, flexible work schedule, easy road to management
Cons
short breaks, heavily repetitive work, constant change in policy
Good
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Cedar Falls, IAJune 30, 2016
Its pretty fun to be around everyone. The most enjoyable part was talking to customers and some of the coworkers I've become friends with.
Nice Job for the College Student
Gym Staff (Former Employee) –  Marshall, TXJune 30, 2016
In a way, this job can be beneficial if you're trying to work while going to school. The schedules are fixed and hardly change unless an opening is available. Full-time is Monday thru Friday, part-time is Saturday and Sunday. With the new job descriptions recently implemented, you are required to do a lot of hands-on work while still maintaining the front desk. It can be tough to balance with how staffing is but you'll learn to manage your time effectively. Hardest part of the job is finding something to do, once checklist is complete and all you have to do is check-in guests, it gets pretty boring. Most enjoyable part of the job is conversing with guests who are excited about their fitness journey, or general conversation.
Pros
Free membership with employment
Cons
A lot of policy contradictions and poor management
job day
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTJune 29, 2016
the gym is a little childish removed alot of equipment at the gym to make more space for mechanical machines. Gym is alright but the management tries to do to much and sometimes can be rude. job ask for alot with little pay
Super fun and amazing place to work
Janitorial Worker (Current Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJune 27, 2016
The coworkers are fantastic. The managers are absolutely amazing. Best of all, the gym is a super fun place to be. You get a free membership whilst working here and it is so very worth it.
planet fitness
Personal Trainer/Fitness Instructor (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJune 27, 2016
No room for improvement, and they don't want a true personal trainer. Instead they want someone to tell a member what to do on a piece of paper and no personal one on one contact. No a good trainer environment.
Pros
access to workout equipment
Cons
management, ownership, lack of pay, lack of ability to train
Drama and poor management
Front desk associate/overnight cleaner (Former Employee) –  Chambersburg, PAJune 27, 2016
So the work itself is pretty easy. The job was not a hard one but the management and drama was insane. It was like high school there. Employees talked about members behind front desk. One employee got involved with a male member who had a girlfriend which of course blew up. Management would yell at you right on the floor in front of members. They also sent emails yelling and accusing employees of wrong doing instead of pulling them aside. It seemed as though they just did not wanna deal with confrontation. Management was constantly telling you to contact the other because it was their day off. When i decided i wanted to quit and leave i then got berated with text messages that were cynical, sarcastic, and unnecessary.
Pros
easy work
Cons
poor management, high school drama environment
very fun atmosphear full of frendly people
overnight associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJune 26, 2016
PF offered many opportunities for advancement along with a friendly atmosphere that allowed us to exorcize our best judgement while assisting members and allowed us to have a comfortable blend between work, family and personal business
Friendly and Fun enviroment
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLJune 26, 2016
I absolutely love working at Planet Fitness. It is easy daily task that are manageable. Of course you are dealing with the public so keep that in mind. This is a customer service job, but to me it does not feel like it. It isn't competitive, it can be, but you aren't going to get fired for not making more sales than your co-worker. The staff is friendly and it can be fun.
Good
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAJune 21, 2016
I have nothing bad to say about this company. Good place to work at.....................................
Pros
Good place to work at
Great workplace!
Fitness Trainer (Current Employee) –  Canton, MIJune 20, 2016
Overall I enjoy working at Planet Fitness however my hours will be cut in half due to them not being able to work around my class schedule.
very fun and friendly atmosphere
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 16, 2016
meet new people everyday.
always have a nice day while working.
people are always nice.
have the availability to workout for free.

2.8