Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Good Company
Manager (Former Employee), VirginiaJuly 12, 2015
Good Company to work for. Potential to grow within the company and meet a lot of successful people. Good benefits package.
Fun yet strict
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJuly 10, 2015
It was very fun working for Planet Fitness, but they had some very strict rules about how to act while working. We were not allowed to sit down at any time during our shifts and they don't give breaks. You have to eat at the desk while working, but they hired great friendly people so I made a lot of great friends.
The most enjoyable part of the job
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Fayetteville, ARJuly 10, 2015
I really enjoyed the opportunity to help others with there fitness goals. My job required me to keep the gym as clean as possible and to help members with whatever they needed.
fun work place
front desk (Former Employee), Albuquerque, NMJuly 9, 2015
Customer interaction
Cleaning
Billing
Customer service
Co workers are fun
members are cool
hardest part dealing with mad customers
easiest part member interactions
well environment team player. confident personality
Team Captain (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJuly 4, 2015
Pros: team player
Cons: benefits
exciting day at the gym. members are welcomed at all times we are open 24hours service is great . customer service is the most important thing.
consistency is the key. the more you learn the better you get.
management is being able lead a team and help them grow in the company as well.
my co workers look up to me as a team leader and supportive employee.
the hardest part of my job will be not be none. I enjoy my job and understand my responsibilities.
motivating our customers . being able to maintain a decent and responsible staff at all times and knowing that I have the knowledge to teach and encourage others to have my work ethics.
Demanding, Fast-Paced, Hands-On
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Made lasting friendships, Learned Stress Management Skills
Cons: stressful environment
The grill line at Bob Evans is one of the most stressful job's I've had because of the lack of staff. It required at least three people to run, and each side only was ever assigned two. It was VERY fast paced and you had to stay on top of all the special orders and allergies.
Management was amazing, from personal to professional, they helped me through a lot. I am very appreciative of how they interacted with their employees.
Co-workers were always professional and engaging.
Awful job
General Manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership
Cons: Expensive healthcare, no retirement, no holiday/vacation pay.
The owner of the planet fitness locations in Columbus is a bigot and sexist bully. He treats his staff terrible. Additionally, he provides no long-term incentive to stay, such as an IRA, affordable healthcare, or holiday/vacation pay.
Overnight shift
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Modesto, CAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: None
Cons: Zero breaks, No reviews, No room for growth, Management Politics
I walked to work, started work at 10pm and ended at 6am. I worked alone for over a month. I was the only one on site for 8 hours.
Management was irresponsible.
Coworkers were friendly.
The hardest part of the job was working alone and not being able to take proper breaks during the 8 hour shift.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the gym members.
Working in a gym is great experience and fun. I am a people person and the customers that come in are excited to be there and are open to your help.
Front Desk Greeter (Former Employee), Vestal Center, NYJuly 2, 2015
Pros: The use of the gym at any time.
Cons: No benefits for part time work
I would greet customers at the door offer new people a tour of the gym giving them a short description of each machine and showing my excitement about the gym. I worked with co-workers in keeping the gym clean and sharing the work duties each day. Answered phones, kept cooler and stock well stocked through out the day. The most enjoyable part of my day was the numerous customers that would stop by and thank my for my positive outlook and my help. The hardest part of my job was working with persons that were there for the wrong reasons instead of just enjoying their time and working.
working front desk
front desk (Former Employee), fremontJune 29, 2015
Pros: free gym membership
as a full time employee for almost 3 years, working here as my first job was great. i worked two shifts opening and overnights during the rime i was there. really easy to check in members, greeting them and from time to time help them. there was also cleaning to do on a daily which was the most work i had to do.
Okay for a college student.
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), OhioJune 28, 2015
It is a fun job, with a stress free environment. The members are great and you develop relationships. However, the management is horrible. I've never experienced such poor management within a company. They say that there are many opportunities for advancement, seeing as the clubs continue to pop up overnight. However, I have yet to see someone get promoted. The worst part of the job is how some can get away with more than others. Again, the management is poor and picks and chooses favorites. Overall, it would be a great company to work for if their managers played their part.
Difficult to grow out of
Overnight Manager (Current Employee), Jacksonville, NCJune 25, 2015
Pros: The customers
Cons: Poor ownership and abusive practices
Working overnight has placed a heavy weight on me. I am unable to be promoted any further while working for the same owner. I am very disappointed in the ownership because of this. I absolutely love working with the GM and assistant Manager as well as all of my other co-workers, but the owner makes me want to not come back.
I take care of customers, customer accounts, sales, inventory, fiscal tracking, maintaining a clean gym and tanning experience, spread sheet creation, and a variety of other administrative duties. The most difficult part of this job is that I am only over night and fully responsible of covering anyone who calls out, but I have no one who covers me. This has made it so that I must come in even if I am too sick or injured to work. My favorite part of the job are the customers. They brighten my day and make me feel good to work here.
fun work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Ridgewood, NYJune 24, 2015
working here was a great experience i met a lot of new people and learned new qualities that i will take everywhere with me
worderfull work experience
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2015
this is a fun and friendly work experience excellent interactions with family welcoming attitude with peers and employees
Cool Job but had bad downsides.
Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Johnson City, TNJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free Gym Membership
Cons: No benefits, no room for advancement.
The work was relatively simple, it involved mostly customer interaction such as them purchasing a drink, tanning supplies or other merchandise, or signing up new members or canceling old ones. I learned about file maintenance and how to handle people who were angry or upset, and how to follow a routine. The management sadly did not quite have it together and the cleanliness of the gym was always a problem. The most difficult part of the job was confronting the managers about a problem, and it not being resolved. I did greatly enjoy the interaction with other people though.
Management Problems
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJune 20, 2015
ok place to work, owner doesn't pay employees what they're worth, coworkers are great, overall good job, lots of favoritism in the workplace
Fired without Warning
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), MaimiJune 20, 2015
Pros: Working out for free, flexible schedule
Cons: Everything else
Your job is not necessarily secure they will fire without notice , without a write up even if you are doing a good job. The pay wasn't worth the amount of stuff you have to deal with.
love the gym
Staff /Custome service (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJune 18, 2015
Pros: free gym access
Cons: short breaks
I love the people and learning what it's like working in the gym. It's not hard and once you get use to it it's start to becoming easy.
Laid back, enjoyable environment.
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJune 16, 2015
Planet Fitness provides a unique experience for their members in providing a different type of gym to the community. The staff are required to perform front dest duties as well as cleaning and membership sales. It keeps the day busy.
Unfair
FRONT DESK ASSOCIATE PLANET FITNESS (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCJune 15, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: hours, pay, management
I've seen some unfair situations arise. Along with bias opinions said from the assistant manager. you get paid ever 2 weeks. the staff is great as we try to band together and get work done. often times the management would contradict what they would try to teach.

Planet Fitness Salaries