Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Review of Planet Fitness
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Derby, CTJune 10, 2015
I enjoyed my time at Planet Fitness very, much the management was very professional and understanding and the staff that I worked with was very professional and knowledgeable. The company was very flexible with scheduling and compensation and I learned how to deal with many different types of personalities among customers. The best part of the job was working with new people everyday and helping them find a membership that was right for them.
Productive and fun workplace.
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 9, 2015
A typical day at work included giving nutrition counseling to my clients as well training them in fitness: weight training and cardio alike. I love helping people improve their way of life.
OK
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 9, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule
Cons: Everything else, especially the pay
I would not recommend anyone to work there. Management makes you do so much and it is not reflected in your pay. Even if you become a full time employee, you still do not get 40 hours. As an employee you only get placed in higher positions by seniority and not by work ethic and leadership.
A Typical work day
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAJune 5, 2015
Working at Planet Fitness I basically start my work day by printing all the stats out so when the manager comes in he can do them right away. I provide customer assistance, answer telephone on a daily basis, and make sure that the gym is clean also.
It's a Good place to work
Overnight Supervisor (Current Employee), Gulfport,MSJune 4, 2015
Pros: Free Black Card Membership
Cons: I work alone.
It's a good place to work, the work is not very strenuous but my customer service skills are put to the test. I work alone overnight so I don't really work with co-workers. The hardest part is fighting sleep and boredom. The most enjoyable has to be meeting different types of people.
Very lively envirnment with great people
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Bountiful, UTJune 3, 2015
Pros: Free gym, close to everything, the people
Cons: Salary, management, hours
A typical day was met with basic front desk needs such as checking members in, signing up memberships, and light cleaning. I got a long very well with my co workers and still keep in touch with most of them. The hardest part of the job was the hours, but on the flip side the members and co workers made it worth it.
An exciting work place.
Associate (Former Employee), College Station, TXJune 3, 2015
What I was is called a flex, basically just cleaned the strength equipment around the place. I've learned that whatever job u have, u must do it in full effect. I think the hardest part was to keep cleaning over and over again. But i enjoyed going to work out there every day for free. Some co workers and Management were not doing their job most of the time.
The PF Crew
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJune 3, 2015
Pros: Interacted with Many People
Cons: No Benefits
A typical day at Planet Fitness was a fun and happy day. We saw our commited members on a daily basis and always had a wonderful short conversation as if we were old friends. Planet Fitness has tought me who I wanted to be business wise. How I wanted to be treated and how I should treat others. Co-Workers were a complete blast, there was never a dull moment! The most enjoyable part of working at PF was seeing your members day in and day out. The most hardest part of the job was when you would quit seeing those members coming in. I always found myself wondering if they were okay or if they had quit on coming in, it would have me worried because you see these people on a daily schedule and all of a sudden you don't see them anymore. It had me worried like a mother goose!
Great Enviroment and owners
Front Desk/ Sales (Current Employee), Lakewood, COJune 3, 2015
They are very flexible and willing to work with you. They are very friendly and love getting new ideas I love the environment and the people I work with.
Gym
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Daly City, CAMay 29, 2015
Easy first job. Learn customer service and interacting with customers. Hours work well for students. Great staff and nice members.
Planet Fitness
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMay 29, 2015
Pros: down to earth staff and managers, really laid back
Cons: no health benefits, no personal or sick days
Management was always very flexible with school schedules and other jobs. Its better for college students. Alot of attention to detail is required when handling member accounts and billing info. The job was one of the easiest jobs I've ever had in my life and alot of my coworkers agreed. The hardest part about the job was dusting, seriously. The job is great for people who have outgoing personalities.
poor
Customer Service (Current Employee), Shrewsbury, MAMay 28, 2015
Pros: meet lots of people, free membership
Cons: bad pay, no work incentive, cheap owners
Not the best job. Not much room to move up in the company, and the pay is absolutely ridiculous. You start at minimum wage and only are eligible for a raise once per year for about 50 cents. Customer service reps have the most work to do and get paid the least. Owners and managers do nothing to reward staff for hard work. Managers get bonus every month for the work their staff puts in. Very cheap people to work for.
Fun work place
Front Desk (Former Employee), Greece, NYMay 28, 2015
Pros: Free gym membership
Planet fitness makes for a fun and fast pace work place. Employees are able to work with each other on many tasks making tasks get done faster and to a better quality. Cleaning the gym is equally important to greeting, helping and touring members. Anyone would great people and communication skills would do well with this job!
a day in the life of a planet fitness staff
Front desk clerk (Former Employee), new rochelle nyMay 26, 2015
Pros: flexibility
Cons: short breaks, management
when i first start my day i do a floor walk in order to check that the gym indeed is clean then i make my way to the front desk and start signing up new members for memberships
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Rome, NYMay 26, 2015
A typical day at PFit included greeting members upon arrival, cleaning designated areas, and assissting members with anything they might need. Great place to work with decent starting pay.
grear]t
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 23, 2015
great place to work i would recommend to anyone looking for a part time job. if your looking for a fun fast pace enviorment
productive, and a fun place to work at.
Night Shift Cleaner (Current Employee), Stockton, CAMay 21, 2015
a typical day at work is like any other day working, I clean to make a more sanitary environment for our members at planet fitness. It is always great to see a member smiling and pleased with the work you have provided. the compliments from customers are great as well. the management is also good, they have a great relationship with there employers. I have gain many experiences, such as a work environment, how to work with others. I would say my most enjoyable part of the job is the customers satisfaction
OK place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), High Point, NCMay 20, 2015
Keep in mind, it is for the most part a customer service job. Dealing with angry members/customers is never enjoyable. Co-workers make things more enjoyable, however. You do get the occasional appreciative member.
Busy and faced paced fitness facility
Customer Service/Front Desk (Former Employee), Trevose, PAMay 20, 2015
Pros: Free pizza and bagels, free membership
Cons: no breaks, no benefits, limited hour availability, poor management, no employee recognition or respect
• Take new orders, complete internal contract and paperwork.
• Resolve customer complaints
• Maintain organized front desk
• Provide excellent customer service
• Adhere to all company guidelines and policies
• Maintain gym and facility cleanliness
• Answer phones and customer’s questions
• Ensure members have a great workout experience in a non-intimidating and clean environment.
Jugdement free not!
Member Services Representative /Acting Manager (Former Employee), Roseville, MNMay 19, 2015
The manager there is not good, she is raciest, and rude. I had to quit because I was pregnant. Her exact words was " I cannot make you the assent manager because you are pregnant!'

Planet Fitness Salaries