Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Fun and relaxed workplace
General Manager (Former Employee), Moreno Valley, CAMay 8, 2015
-Very long work days as General Manager
-satisfaction with seeing happy customers
-learned about payroll, scheduling, management
-hardest part was the long hours
n/a
cleaning supervisor
sales Manger
shift lead
24hr shift schedule
Fun staff and monotonous job
Front Desk (Current Employee), Sterling Heights, MIMay 6, 2015
The typical work day consists of managing the front desk and cleaning certain parts of the gym that we are assigned. My co-workers are full of life, humorous, and very helpful whenever I have a question about the job. The manager is also very helpful in all aspects and maintains good professionalism. The hardest part about the job is being up on your feet for eight hours straight, but this is not too big of a deal. The best part about the job is coming in and helping people who were previously unmotivated to work out to come in and kill it at the gym every day.
Very productive and cultural
Client Service/Office Assistant (Current Employee), Homestead, FLMay 5, 2015
The overall environment is exciting due to how many different members I meet form all over the world. I learn new and more things about the people I work with and is what we call our mission statement that we are a judgment free zone like to create a non intimidating environment for all of our members to feel comfortable.
OK
Overnight Staff (Current Employee), Clifton Park, NYMay 5, 2015
Pros: DOES NOT INTERFER WITH DAYTIME SCHEDULE
Cons: BORING NO HEALTH INSURANCE PART-TIME HOURS
WORK OVERNIGHT SO A LITTLE BORING, CLEAN EVERTHING NOT THE MOST FUN BUT I AM MAKING MONEY TO PAY BILLS LOL

NO PROBLEMS WITH ANY EMPLOYEES/CUSTOMERS
Planet Fitness
Front Desk/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Orlando, FLMay 3, 2015
Had a great experience working for Planet Fitness. I'm very much into the fitness industry and loved being in that positive, active and encouraging environment. Co-workers were fun to be around and would go above and beyond. Managers did an excellent job with making sure the days ran accordingly. I learned so much from my management team and was thankful to be given the opportunity to advance and have more opportunities.
Productive, learning experience, advancement of life.
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Gretna, LAMay 2, 2015
- Maintain clean/workable facility
- Preserve Customer relationships
front desk
Member Services (Former Employee), West Seneca, NYApril 25, 2015
Pros: free membership
Cons: no healthcare for full-time
a typical day at work- greeting members as they walk into the facility, answer phone calls, sign customers up for memberships, and clean equipment
what you learned- signing customers up for memberships and giving tours around the gym
management- good, there for me when i need help
your co-workers- great, i liked everyone i worked with
the hardest part of the job- learning the tours
the most enjoyable part of your job- the coworkers i worked with
Alright job for a current student
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Albany, NYApril 22, 2015
Pros: Free gym Membership
Cons: No break room, short breaks, Management.
When i first started at Planet Fitness I enjoyed coming into work, looked forward to coming in actually. Came in did what i was asked and what i saw needed to be done i did. I learned how to read a contract, sign people up, give tours of the facilities and do close out and balance sheet. First manager i worked for was great made coming into work fun and enjoyable, made my 8 hour shift fly by. My second manager not so much, currently dread going into work each day. Upper management, our regional, isnt someone id like to work for anymore. After being told "your easily replaceable i can find someone else for your job" I feel is unacceptable, especially since i did what i was asked to and then some almost each and every day. Love my co-workers they are honestly the reason i am still currently and Planet Fitness. Hardest part of the job to me would be telling people that they have a balance on their account. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is signing people in seeing how much progress they have made since they joined. Seeing people become fit and healthy is always great as well as being a motivator for me to keep up the hard work and it will pay off. I would say unless you absolutely need a job that only pays minimum wage look else where, like i said the only reason im still there is because of my co-workers but currently looking for new jobs.
loved it
manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville Beach, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: great hours i was out by 2;30 pm
Cons: hated when i could not make coustmers happy
my typical day I would come in at 5am get my staff ready then I would personality go around to everyone in the gym ask them about there days and always be sure to let them know if they had any problem come to me and I would do right by them...I would also help with sales if someone was interested I would take it in my hands make sure they singed up but give credit to my sales team sense they would do the final sale I love a smooth flow with a happy team my staff were great.hardest part of my job was just making sure I kept up with growth of my gym
Good Job
Customer Service/Front (Former Employee), Coconut Creek, FLApril 21, 2015
Pros: good vibe
Cons: no comment
besides the fact we get slightly under-paid , and in order for one to move up you need to basically work like a slave its the best job ever. The energy the enviroment the member you meet is just awesome .
Tough job
Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee), Southgate, MIApril 21, 2015
Customer service is a breeze a for me. I enjoy working with people and helping them the best that I can. However, I can't help but feel that the management will personally make the job harder if they do not like you personally. I was not a defiant or inconsistent team player, but I was definitely berated for little mistakes during my training. I welcome criticism, but not to this extent to make me feel useless. Do not work if you have a neutral face or you happen to not smile for one moment. If they even THINK there is something wrong, you will be written up.

I loved my co-workers, but I could do without the private invasions by my management. I would clean more throughout my day then anything else. I would get in trouble for not having enough tours, but they would continue to push me out on the floor to clean, instead behind the desk where I could take the tours. I even had the store manager take tours away from me that I was on my way to do.

The hardest part was not knowing if you were walking on eggshells around them. The only thing I enjoyed was my co-workers and meeting new people everyday. This is definitely not a job I would reccommend to anyone.
Fun job, bad pay.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), York, PAApril 19, 2015
I liked working at Planet Fitness but ended up leaving because I wanted to join the Navy. Fun culture and good management.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Southgate MichiganApril 15, 2015
It is very fun to work at a gym, however Planet Fitness is looking for people who would like to work there for the rest of their lives. It can be a good career, however it is hard to maintain a job at a gym when you are older.
High Demand Low Pay
Front Desk Team Member (Current Employee), Plantation, FLApril 10, 2015
Job is okay for people 18-21. A lot is required from you with very little reward. It is a big learning experience. There is potential to move up though and hard working staff will surely have hours.
Understaffed with no benefits for full time employees
Member Services (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free gym access with a plus one benefit, central, great place to network
Cons: Over crowded all the time, understaffed and therefore often dirty at times
I had an awesome time working at Planet Fitness. This company just wasn't very fair towards their employees. I gained great customer experience while working here though.
Great team and management
Member Services Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2015
A typical day at work involved a lot of cleaning and a lot of customer service. The only downside is the fact that the pay is not worth the amount of work that required. There are only ever 2 persons per shift one male and one female. When one person is away from the desk the other has to stay and man the desk no matter whatever else in going on at the gym. Since giving tours of the gym is something that happens at least 20 times during a shift its becomes hard to try and make sure the members are taken care of.
Very fun group of people to work with.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Graham, NCApril 4, 2015
Typical day included checking guests in and cleaning.

I learned about the fitness world and how to operate equipment. I also learned how tanning affected the skin.

Management was very enjoyable. The staff was more of a family.

Hardest part of the job: Not enough hours.

Most enjoyable part of the job: The closeness of the staff and the customers. We all got to know the customers on a first name basis and became very close to most of them.
Fun and busy work place that kept me on my toes!
Crew Member (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMarch 31, 2015
Pros: workout and tan for free
Cons: short breaks
Everyday at planet fitness was an engaging and enjoyable day. I would always have something to do! I either maintained a clean work place, signed people up for memberships, gave tours, or assisted members with the proper technique when working out. I learned how to provide great customer service and how to manage multiple tasks at once. The management was great; they were strict but it helped all the employees keep a professional environment. I really bonded with my coworkers and still keep in touch with them to this day and anytime there was conflict I was sure to discuss it with them so no problems would be produced at work. I believe the hardest part of the job was making sure every customer was provided with the very best service because it got really busy at times. The overall job gave me such a great learning experience and I am happy I got the opportunity to work there with such great people.
Lots of opportunity but once you ar at this level, becomes stagnant
Club Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 30, 2015
This company is going to one of the best fitness franchises out there very quickly, if you have the patince to stay in it for the long haul without much going your way for a while, then I would say you should try this. Their pay for the amount of work a Club Manager does is a joke. I have had jobs that I worked half as hard and made a third more. Getting to the top is definitely worth it, but hard to justify when you are not there yet.

Planet Fitness Salaries