Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Found 1,336 reviews matching the search
good job
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Bowie, MDMay 14, 2017
It is a great starter job for anyone that is in between careers, in school, etc. You learn about people quickly, as you should in any customer service job. Its very relaxed and the staff so much fun. You're basically in charge of scanning people in. handling account issues, giving tours of the club and signing individuals up. Cleaning the equipment is everyone job, including the manage
Planet Fitness
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  West Springfield, MAMay 12, 2017
Planet Fitness is a great part-time job or great for someones first full time job. The most enjoyable part of the job is constantly interacting with new members.
Excellent people, unorganized corporate structure
Lead Fitness Instructor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 12, 2017
The people who work within Planet Fitness are amazing. Unfortunately the way the corporate system is set up through our particular franchise is very unorganized. The staff is also very underpaid.
Pros
Beautiful people and Work environment.
Cons
Unorganized, and under paying employees
Growing Experience
Customer Service Associate/ Front Desk Staff (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 12, 2017
Planet Fitness was a good experience and taught me how to handle certain situations. It also taught me how to have more responsibility in my job and i am capable of handling a business on my own for a week or so when the manager was on vacation.
Pros
Get to workout for free
Cons
no paid vacations or benefits
Fun work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Smith, ARMay 12, 2017
Planet fitness is a great work environment if you love meeting new people! Working overnight sucks, however! You do not see many people overnight and you are responsible for cleaning the entire gym basically!
Pros
Meeting new people/ free membership
Cons
Management/advancement
Crazy
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Adrian, MIMay 11, 2017
The planet fitness I worked at was not well run, the management was constantly being changed and they could never keep more then 10 people to our staff. People would quit and leave like crazy.
Productive yet stressful
Custodian (Current Employee) –  Hazel Dell North, WAMay 11, 2017
I enjoy working at planet fitness because of the members. I enjoy making their experience worth while. I wish I had a better employer that could take care of their employees.high expectations for low wage.
Pros
Members
Cons
Short breaks minium wage high expectations
Good Job
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMay 11, 2017
Planet Fitness is an easy going and fun job to work at. A great job to have if you are student!! I encourage anyone to work here, management really cares about the workers!
Great work place
Customer service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 11, 2017
The facility was always kept clean and the members of the gym made the work place enjoyable. typically spent the day greeting customers at front desk while clean and maintain a clean environment. The only thing I didn't like was management and the favoritism.
Pros
great work place
Cons
managmment
Positive atmosphere and up beat
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Brooklawn, NJMay 11, 2017
I love my job and co-workers are nice customers are polite a job can't get any better Planet Fitness is a positive upbeat experience get to meet a lot of great people along the way to step up in the right direction
Pros
Good pay easy work
Cons
Medical
Relaxing, yet maddening
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILMay 11, 2017
This place can be fun at times, not only with your regular guests but also with your coworkers. Were it starts to get bad is the fact that there is no room for advancement and the unrealistic expectations to continually clean from toilets to machines.
Pros
free membership
Cons
no advancement
You are always doing something
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Newburyport, MAMay 11, 2017
i used to always enjoy coming into work and then we got new management and then FIRED ME OVER TEXT MESSAGE! Couldn't even confront me in person like a real boss should have. But I do miss working there it was a good job besides the cleaning sometimes
Compensation and benefits, job security, advancement and management and job culture were inferior.
Professional Fitness Trainer (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 10, 2017
The compensation and benefits, job security, advancement and management and job culture were inferior. Employees were not rewarded fairly based on merit and responsibility.
Fun workplace
MEMBER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Redford, MIMay 10, 2017
A very good job, always room to improve. The only bad thing is you do not get raises unless you advance or have worker there for a year. Management is good. Great job if you love cleaning.
Fun
Member Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ORMay 9, 2017
I love this job and my coworkers. It's a fun and easy system to get down, and the members are awesome. However at this particular Planet Fitness I would not recommend working here. They will fire you if you do not do the info calls right, tours right, or tuck your shirt in right. They also will make you work alone with no break or lunch coverage. No job security, and at one point we had no manager! Springfield, Oregon branch is bad!!!
Pros
Understandable System, Free Food Occasionally, Fun
Cons
Can be bad if owned by someone who doesn't know what they are doing
Depends on the day and the team
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMay 9, 2017
Customers are the worst part of the job. If you don't have a supportive staff and management you wont last more than three months. Our team was great.
Planet Fitness
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 8, 2017
front desk signing up customers ,wonderful crowd easy place to work at,friendly staff and very clean environment. The best part is the customers normal people everyday looking to better themselves .
Pros
pizza every first Monday of the month
Cons
no breaks over the weekend
grreeaatt
Members Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAMay 8, 2017
Typical day at work is fun, management can be a bit challenging, but overall its a great place to be and work. Learned a lot from my peers, training and management team.
Unorganized
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Airmont, NYMay 7, 2017
A lot of people come and go at Airmont planet fitness. There was poor management and it was an unprofessional environment. People would get let go for no reason. They need to train their staff more.
Cool environment with music and showers.
Custodian (Former Employee) –  New York, NY 10001May 7, 2017
A good and non judgmental place with a weekly availability of 24 hours to work out and get in shape. Which created a home for different walks of people who live in different times.
Pros
Free pizza, free candy, massage chairs.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9