Planet Fitness Employee Reviews in United States

Wasn't that bad
Customer Service Representative & Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Plaistow, NHJune 14, 2016
It was a fun job and I really loved it. My only issue was that management changes to frequently and they promote corrupt people.
Pros
gym membership; normally good enviorment
Cons
could run in to really really bad managers
Good.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJune 13, 2016
Good place to work with fun coworkers. The idea of a judgement free zone is something that many members appreciate and enjoy being a part of.
Great Place to work!
LEAD FRONT DESK (Current Employee) –  Fairfield, CTJune 10, 2016
The members are great and the management is very encouraging. I have learned quite a bit in this company and have had the opportunity for growth.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
no benefits for the staff
Great Work Environment
Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 7, 2016
Greet potential members.
Establishing a welcoming environment.
Answering any and all phone calls.
facilitate member service issues and questions.
Helped organize/cleanliness of gym.
Clean enviornment
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 5, 2016
• Customer Service
• Facilitate needed updates to member’s accounts.
• Respond to member questions and concerns in a timely and professional manner
• Assist in maintaining the neatness and cleanliness of the club.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
No benefits and poor management
Relaxed place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 5, 2016
Working at Planet Fitness is a low stress job. It is mostly customer service with some maintenance of equipment. The hardest part of the job is juggling all the responsibilities of being the only manager there but the most fun part of the job is working in an active atmosphere.
Fitness
Front Desk (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 2, 2016
extremely fast paste
how to quickly met a clients needs regardless of their mood
management was amazing really well trained by general management
Comfortable Working Environment
Overnight Manager (Current Employee) –  Pembroke Pines, FLJune 1, 2016
Every since I've worked at Planet Fitness, October 2015, I have a great working experience with coworkers and gym members. I have no issues with the club(s).
One of the most fun jobs I have worked.
Gym Staff/ Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJune 1, 2016
Planet fitness is a place filled with opportunity. This place carries the right amount of professionalism along with having a fun environment to work in along with the kind gym members. It's nothing better than being part of a working atmosphere that treats you like family, judgement free and willing to help.
Pros
Free gym membership, helpful staff and full time benefits
Cons
Corporate cuts and short staffed.
Fun and busy workplace
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNMay 29, 2016
I loved Planet Fitness! I opened the location I was at, so I did presale and helped set up the gym. Everything was brand new when it was delivered. The no intimidation thing is real, they truly want people to come workout and feel comfortable while doing so. It was either packed and so busy you couldn't look up or dead, but in dead times there was always something to do. Once you get the routine of performing rounds and doing tours, it's actually very fun and relaxed. I'd go back in a second if I hadn't had to move pretty far away.
Pros
Lots of people interaction, not uptight, fun, always something to do
Cons
Busy times a extremely busy, sponsor of The Biggest Loser
A Day at PF
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rockford, ILMay 28, 2016
A typical day at work was pretty fast paced some days more then others. I normally start off with checking overnights tasks. Then proceed to my morning paperwork while taking care of member needs, Whatever that may be anywhere from a tour, setting up a tanning bed,resolving a billing issue to a cancelation, While trying to get my daily tasks done. I loved the fast pace and interaction with the members. I learned a lot! Everyday was a new situation.The co workers were awesome we were one huge team. Management was very iffy and not really all together only certain few worked well others kind of did there own thing no one was ever really on the same page. Most of the employees have it more together then the manager. I'm going have to sum it up and say taking money from the people who didn't have it was the hardest part of the job. But then again. I was always told if you cant afford it don't buy it.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
No 401k
Nonintimidating workout environment
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMMay 28, 2016
The hardest part with this job is the lack of communication with management since i worked overnight.The second hardest part about the job was dealing with the customers when we would run out of the supplies that needed to be provided to keep the gym clean. I really like meeting new people and seeing them achieve their work out goals. The shift I worked was pretty chill but we did get a rush just like every other shift got even though it was an 11 pm through 7 am shift.
Pros
free gym use
Cons
lack of communication
fond du lac wi. location
none (Former Employee) –  Fond du Lac, WIMay 21, 2016
They only hire teenage girls with no experience. I been applying constantly and they say they are not hireing even though the keep posting help wanted ads. I lift and have traning. When u walk in its a bunch of snobby kids.
Pros
Cons
go there
Stressful and unbalanced
Member Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHMay 18, 2016
When I was hired in to Planet Fitness I was given the impression that I would be part of a hard working, supportive team that would do its best to ensure guest satisfaction, manage paperwork, and keep up on machine status. Instead I was a glorified janitor, spending 4.5 of my 6 hour shift scrubbing down the floors, walls, and equipment on the gym floor, the tanning areas, and in the bathrooms. I was part of a staff that would rather leave the front desk to hang out in the break rooms, or vanish to go have private conversations without warning. Best of all, management either did nothing to fix this behavior or even participated in it. There were many days where I didn't even get a lunch break because I couldn't find anyone to come help at the desk.
Pros
free black card benefits
Cons
lax management, unsupportive staff, almost nothing but cleaning
Not a reliable place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Southgate, MIMay 16, 2016
When I interviewed for this place, I was told that I would get a full 40 hours/week, with benefits and vacation. I was told that a raise would come within 90 days, and that it would continue to go up from there. They convinced me, considering the pay was better than where I was working (which was a great place, just part time). I began soon after and realized I'd made a huge mistake.

First off, the first week I got the 40 hours...then they began taking time away. 30 hours, then 20...all nights. I got two day shifts (one following a night shift).

The first few days I was there, I was asked to be a witness as they fired someone else who'd been there three months. It made me uncomfortable considering I was getting trained by the same girl.

I knew I would have to quit, so I gave them a resignation letter with a day's notice. I was told to leave, which I gladly did.

Now, here's the kicker, and why, if you work out here, you should NEVER work here...I, along with anyone else who has ever quit or been fired, have been banned for LIFE from EVERY PF IN THE WORLD...yes, you read that right. You get banned if you quit (even if you give them a full two week notice, mind you).

There were, most of the time, only women on shift at night in my location, which wasn't the safest place. It also meant that a women would clean the men's locker room along with the women's and everywhere else.

I would suggest you look elsewhere to find a job, no matter what.
Pros
Free Membership
Cons
Lying, Cliques, banned if you quit
Great job and great atmosphere, love the members that come to workout
Fitness Staff (Current Employee) –  Vestavia Hills, ALMay 16, 2016
My typical night, starts at 10 pm and im the night and im keep up with the gym facility, small maintenance and help assist members with fitness questions etc.
Pros
Free membership and great family atmospere
Cons
One person staff
customer service rep
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 16, 2016
I would sell memberships, answer phones, answer any questions pertaining to the gym equipment and memberships. Maintained a safe and comfortable environment for members to work out in.
Very friendly environment
Front Desk Representative (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSMay 16, 2016
A typical day is cleaning your section, giving tours, changing trash, cleaning the bathrooms, and organizing throughout the gym. The worst thing about the job is remembering to do a walk through every twenty minuets and finding someone to cover a shift when you are sick. The workers can be lazy and be very hard workers at the same time. The most enjoyable part is making everyone smile when they walk in the door.
Fun, Diverse place to maintain sales
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 15, 2016
Interesting job, with interesting members that come through each day. Exciting to see people make progress with keeping a consistent schedule and reaching the goals they set for themselves.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
Productive and inspiring work place
Front Desk Staff (Former Employee) –  Sanford, MEMay 13, 2016
Planet Fitness was a very productive and easy going work place. An average work day included 2-3 hours of cleaning gym equipment and customer service at the desk between signing up people for memberships or giving potential members tours. This job was inspiring to me to see all the members I grew close to reach their goals and witness their journey to a healthier life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Fitness. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8