Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employer Reviews

Great place to start your career at a fitness facility
Front Desk/Assistant Manager/Sales (Former Employee), Bronx, NYDecember 20, 2014
Pros: free memebership, free tanning and massage chairs
Cons: no room for advancement, pay is not worth all your duties.
As a customer service rep you are pretty much responsible for everything. That includes answering phones, checking in guests, signing up new members, cash and credit card transactions, touring guests, filing faxing and copying of documents. Although it seems like a lot of work, its not hard and the training is easy. Not much room for advancement but a great place to start if you want some type of career at a gym.
Enjoyable environment when working with members
General Club Manager (Former Employee), Oneida, NYDecember 17, 2014
With a club as slow as this one was, it was difficult to keep busy. There were reports to be ran and training to be done for staff, but when that was completed and still 3-5 hours remaining in a shift, it called for a boring day. My coworkers in the office were very nice. The hardest part of the job was that I was thrown into the situation with little to no training whatsoever for what the requirements and description called for.
Energetic and productive workplace
Staff (Former Employee), Burtonsville, MDDecember 13, 2014
Pros: free membership to gym and tanning beds
Cons: unprofessional management
There was always so much energy as you walked in the door and were greeted by the friendly staff and, then as I punch in a wave of members would come in the door and away the day would go.
Productive work place
Front Desk/Cleaner (Former Employee), New YorkDecember 13, 2014
Set hours, Friendly Co-workers and bosses, people are kind, you get your own free membership, black card of course. Kind, clean, friendly with benefits.
A memorable Internship
Supervisor (Former Employee), Middletown, NYDecember 11, 2014
A typical day at work would be meeting with military families and seeking their needs. I learned about the military community, and what the families go through while their loved ones are deployed.
My co-workers were wonderful, and very inspirational. The hardest part of the internship was building rapport with the families, since I don't have family in the military. The most enjoyable part of the internship was driving to places for donations for an event called the back-to-school Brigade.
great staff and members
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Hampton, VADecember 5, 2014
The job is very laid back and fun and great for college students because of the flexibility given. The pay is higher than minimum wage but you could see upwards of 10 per hour after a years time.
work
Staff (Former Employee), Franklin, WIDecember 3, 2014
I am a dedicated person who works hard and pays close attention to details. I’m flexible, quick to adapt to new skills and eager to learn from others, I am willing to explore new challenges, and I believe I could fit easily into your team.
fun work place
Overnight Flex (Former Employee), Midland, TXDecember 3, 2014
Clean gym, rest rooms light maintenance and front desk help. also helped in big projects
Productive and fun Gym
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXDecember 3, 2014
Pros: watching members grow their self esteem
Cons: n/a
A typical day at Planet Fitness included greeting everyone that came in the door getting their badge numbers and wishing the a good day. I would help clean the equipment and maintain a clean atmosphere. Co Workers always kept smiles on their faces and it was very enjoyable to be around them and the members.
Fun place to work, regulars come in
Crew worker (Former Employee), Sheboygan, WIDecember 1, 2014
Pros: free membership, great co-workers that still keep in touch
Cons: no break time.
A typical day consisted of signing in members and selling merchandise. Working third shift, I counted out each cash drawer at the beginning of the day, 12 a.m., and then the nightly cleaning routine making sure each machine is in proper condition. I learned time management more than anything here. How to get the job done in a sequential order to get the job done in the most timely and efficient manner. Management was great here! Everyone was willing to work, if you were struggling in an area, a job needed completing, everyone would pitch in to get the job done! The hardest part here was, as a third shifter alone for 8 hours a night, getting all the work done while still being able to associate with members who would work out in the middle of the night. The most enjoyable part of the job is the regulars that come in each morning. Even after I left for a different job, Id still visit to see all the same members at their regular times, like clockwork, a good costumer relationship.
Productive workplace
Janitor (Former Employee), Wilmington,DeDecember 1, 2014
Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
Gather and empty trash.
Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
Good environment for working with diverse population
Fitness/Health Trainer and Front Desk Attendant (Former Employee), High Point, NCDecember 1, 2014
Good beginning gym for new fitness members
Good rates for memberships
Clean gyms and staff is friendly
there can be improvment's
opener front desk rep (Current Employee), DORCHESTER, MANovember 23, 2014
Cons: to many cons
owners should not look down on there staff and have respect for them. give them notice on positive thing's and recognize them for the good job they do.
Fun place to work
Membership sales (Former Employee), Monroe, NCNovember 19, 2014
I had a great time working there. Learned more about Customer Service. Management was great as well as my co-workers. I enjoyed talking and helping members. The only downside was the slow periods.
Great place to build busines and personal relationships with coworkers, current and prospective members.
Regional Manager/Customer Service (Current Employee), Victor, NYNovember 17, 2014
Pros: free membership
-Review all sales and close out paperwork from previous day.
-Daily Deposit
-Assign daily duties to employees and oversee that the tasks are completed
-Contact local business for repairs and maintenance
-Weekly scheduling and inventory ordering
-Process Payroll
-Customer Service
-Review applications for potential employment
-Oversee staff of 48-50 members between 4 local health centers
Fun workplace. Always ceaning
Front Desk Representative (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKNovember 14, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: nights, nt enough money, always cleaning
I worked nights and would sign up new members very rarely. It seemed like all I did was clean. Not enough pay for too much work.
love this job and the people
Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Conyers, GANovember 14, 2014
members are very sweet you will have your favorites...just remember treat others how you want to be treat dont hassel the members be good to them your days will be better you
Could have been a better experience
Sales associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 13, 2014
Pros: ok pay and ok atmosphere
Cons: management is horrible, mission statement is ridiculous and you'll feel unappreciated most of the time.
Planet Fitness was an interesting gym. Yes they have their own mission statement that would go against most fitness gurus but it was a fun place to work in the beginning. They love to test you on the regular basis and most of the time you feel like your job is at stake. Customers are not nice and I had to deal with the worst low class customers. I was insulted and put down most of the time but I kept my composure and ignored it. Management was not great. We had two potential managers racing to get their position and I could not trust them since both had different ways of doing things. No one like to take the blame but instead they would point fingers at me. The also took advantage of me and I had to take care of my own shift and the graveyard shift in one day even though I had mention them of my disabilities and conditions. I worked very hard and it just got to the point where I no longer was having fun.
Geat place for career advancement
General Manager (Former Employee), Norwood, MANovember 12, 2014
Pros: free membership
Cons: management usually has to work overtime.
I was a previous General Manager of two different New England PFits. I can only speak for the franchise in which I had worked, but I started as a CSR and made my way up to general manager within one year and then was chosen to open a brand new club a year after that.
working with clients
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLNovember 11, 2014
Set up different fitness programs for clients for their own personal needs.