Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness Employee Reviews

Fun job, bad pay.
Sales Representative (Former Employee), York, PAApril 19, 2015
I liked working at Planet Fitness but ended up leaving because I wanted to join the Navy. Fun culture and good management.
Fun place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Southgate MichiganApril 15, 2015
It is very fun to work at a gym, however Planet Fitness is looking for people who would like to work there for the rest of their lives. It can be a good career, however it is hard to maintain a job at a gym when you are older.
High Demand Low Pay
Front Desk Team Member (Current Employee), Plantation, FLApril 10, 2015
Job is okay for people 18-21. A lot is required from you with very little reward. It is a big learning experience. There is potential to move up though and hard working staff will surely have hours.
Understaffed with no benefits for full time employees
Member Services (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 6, 2015
Pros: Free gym access with a plus one benefit, central, great place to network
Cons: Over crowded all the time, understaffed and therefore often dirty at times
I had an awesome time working at Planet Fitness. This company just wasn't very fair towards their employees. I gained great customer experience while working here though.
Great team and management
Member Services Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYApril 4, 2015
A typical day at work involved a lot of cleaning and a lot of customer service. The only downside is the fact that the pay is not worth the amount of work that required. There are only ever 2 persons per shift one male and one female. When one person is away from the desk the other has to stay and man the desk no matter whatever else in going on at the gym. Since giving tours of the gym is something that happens at least 20 times during a shift its becomes hard to try and make sure the members are taken care of.
Very fun group of people to work with.
Front Desk Receptionist (Former Employee), Graham, NCApril 4, 2015
Typical day included checking guests in and cleaning.

I learned about the fitness world and how to operate equipment. I also learned how tanning affected the skin.

Management was very enjoyable. The staff was more of a family.

Hardest part of the job: Not enough hours.

Most enjoyable part of the job: The closeness of the staff and the customers. We all got to know the customers on a first name basis and became very close to most of them.
Fun and busy work place that kept me on my toes!
Crew Member (Former Employee), Hamden, CTMarch 31, 2015
Pros: workout and tan for free
Cons: short breaks
Everyday at planet fitness was an engaging and enjoyable day. I would always have something to do! I either maintained a clean work place, signed people up for memberships, gave tours, or assisted members with the proper technique when working out. I learned how to provide great customer service and how to manage multiple tasks at once. The management was great; they were strict but it helped all the employees keep a professional environment. I really bonded with my coworkers and still keep in touch with them to this day and anytime there was conflict I was sure to discuss it with them so no problems would be produced at work. I believe the hardest part of the job was making sure every customer was provided with the very best service because it got really busy at times. The overall job gave me such a great learning experience and I am happy I got the opportunity to work there with such great people.
Lots of opportunity but once you ar at this level, becomes stagnant
Club Manager (Current Employee), Albuquerque, NMMarch 30, 2015
This company is going to one of the best fitness franchises out there very quickly, if you have the patince to stay in it for the long haul without much going your way for a while, then I would say you should try this. Their pay for the amount of work a Club Manager does is a joke. I have had jobs that I worked half as hard and made a third more. Getting to the top is definitely worth it, but hard to justify when you are not there yet.
Fun Atomosphere
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Downingtown, PAMarch 27, 2015
During my employment at Planet Fitness I have improved my interpersonal skills, customer service skills, management skills and problem solving abilities. My favorite part of working for Planet Fitness is getting to know the regular members and staff that have become dear to me.
Fun place to work
Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDMarch 26, 2015
Great environment, great customer service skills learned
The most enjoyable part of the job is health promotion and helping people start their fitness journey
energy
Presale Area Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYMarch 26, 2015
Pros: the energetic day
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at Planet Fitness consists of movement. Between walking the club to make sure its clean, making bank deposits, and handling member issues there's never a dull moment.
I've learned a ton of things over the years, including organization skills, multitasking, member relations, how to properly train staff; but my favorite was patience. Without that I would not have gotten as far as I did with them.
The management team was top notch. We were always in conatct with eachother. Helping eachother when we needed the help. We were a 'family'. As far as my managers, they were always just a phone call away if I ever needed assistance with even the smallest problem.
The hardest part of working for Pf was leaving the work at work. It was mostly impossible, as you always had your staff calling to ask questions, or just to keep you in the loop with the day to day when I wasn't in the club. When your not at the club, you feel like you should be. All of a sudden you realize that your work and personal life have somehow blended into one. And I dont necessarily think that's a bad thing at all.
My most enjoyable part of working for the Pf team was the members. I've had people from all walks of life come into my clubs. I've been able to have conversations and learn from people that I would never expect to even conversate, let alone learn from. It was a remarkable experience to say the least.
Relaxed and enjoyable workplace setting
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee), Valley Forge, PAMarch 25, 2015
I work the overnight shift at planet fitness and have learned how to do many different administrative tasks including closing out the stores operating system and then re activating the system. My manager is very nice and flexible and my co workers are somewhat like a family. The hardest part of the job is sometimes balancing the daily cleaning maintenance and filing of paperwork. The most enjoyable part is the relaxed environment and the customer interaction.
Front Desk Work
Front Desk Associate (Current Employee), Downingtown, PAMarch 25, 2015
Great position but not for someone who wants to move up. It would definitely be ok if you want to be there temporarily. Managers were great and so were the co-workers. The hardest part is the customers and the most enjoyable part is the fellow co-workers.
Planet Fitness.
Customer Sales Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: great coworkers, customers, constantly things to do
Cons: rushes in crowds creating stressful but rewarding situations.
A typical day at work is clocking in, helping customers with checking in, amenities, tours, signing up for a membership, website assistance, collections, billing, among others. While doing this I create a detailed financial report that is reviewed by my manager and sent to the owners of the franchise. My other duties are cleaning amenities, enforcing policies, and providing above-and-beyond customer service by memorizing names and getting to know customers while providing an enjoyable and inviting environment to build and maintain a loyal customer base.
The biggest perk of working working at Planet Fitness is their training program, this job teaching valuable skills for selling, customer service, interpersonal skills and understanding how maintain and run a successful business. The management is excellent on teaching you and bringing out the best of our employees. I've always enjoyed my coworkers and we have learned to have fun and enjoy our jobs while being productive employees. The hardest part of the job is simply the sheer volume of things to do, there is always something to do on the daily to-do list. The most enjoyable and rewarding part of the job is getting to know my coworkers and hearing praise from customers. I always enjoy putting a smile on someone's face.
Enjoyable environment with friendly members
Personal Trainer/ Front Desk Associate (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free gym membership, meet plenty new people
Cons: no benefits, cant work over 40 hours
Pretty laid back gym with friendly members and co-workers. there are slow moments during the day that may last a few hours but for the most part, its a pretty good job for high school/college students
Fun place to work and great to learn how interact with the general public
Fitness Instructor (Former Employee), Chambersburg, PaMarch 20, 2015
Pros: take breaks on my own shedule, free gym membership.
Cons: lots of drama and during peak times could not take breaks. when not busy would get bored easily.
As being a fitness instructor this is a great first job for a personal trainer. It teaches you how to work with all different types of people and gets you comfortable to teach in a group setting.
Though it is not an ideal job to stay on for more than a couple of years.
My typical day was showing people how to use the gym equipment day in and day out the same thing everyday. It gets really boring. Members usually don't take advantage of the classes to have a personal trainer show them new exercises and routines.
Most people that join planet fitness either join and never show up again or join because its a cheap gym and they have their own routine and they are in a hurry to work out and head on to the next thing in their schedule.
You usually don't establish a relationship with your clients because you have so many members that you work with everyday and they usually don't stay for very long.
As far as the staff at planet fitness some were great but boy I have never worked at a place where their was so much drama!
Overall, it was a great experience for me, glad I did it, but I only stayed on for a year before I was ready to move on to something better.
Maintenance staff
Evening to Close Maintenance Staff (Former Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 18, 2015
• Assisted in providing outstanding first impressions to customers by maintaining the cleanliness of the store
• Mopped floors, cleaned the bathroom, straightened work room, emptied trash, and maintained grounds
Enjoyable Part of Work
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Jacksonville, FLMarch 16, 2015
The most enjoyable part in my most pervious and current job is customer service. I enjoy associating with the customers making sure they are satisfied with their purchase.
Proactive and Fun environment
PT Front Desk Sales Associate (Former Employee), Alexandria, VirginiaMarch 14, 2015
Pros: its a fun job for someone whos and high school and is looking to work part-time or for a summer job.
Cons: low pay, short lunches.
It was a really fun interacting environment where i learned a lot about customer service and gym equipment. For the most part they work work with whatever schedule you have since they are a 24 hour gym, where they are more flexible with the hour.

A typical day at work would be opening new gym memberships and greeting customers at the door. You would have to go around wiping down the gym equipment and cleaning duties. I learned a few things about fitness, customers service and sales. I had the greatest team on management when working at planet fitness. Always worked with me when it came to scheduling. My co-workers were always happy and out going. There was nothing hard about working planet fitness, it was one of the best places i worked. The only problem i had with the job was the low wage. What made the job enjoyable was the co-workers.
Fun and sociable workplace
Personal Trainer (Former Employee), Elmwood Park, ILMarch 14, 2015
Pros: great management
Cons: minimum wage pay-rate
Planet Fitness was a great place to work, bottom line. The people there were like family. The only bad part about the job was the minimum wage pay, but as soon as I received a promotion to Personal Trainer it got a little better. Management was very hands on, letting us know what needs to be done day to day and assisting us with these tasks. Our supervisors would check our daily cleaning and give us tips and tricks to get things done more efficiently. The best part about the job was meeting new people and engaging with all walks of life on a daily basis. If you're looking for a sociable, fun workplace and a great resource to stay fit, Planet Fitness is the place for you!

Planet Fitness Salaries