Planet Hollywood Employee Reviews

Ok place to work for
Prep Cook (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJuly 17, 2017
Like many other work places this one is not perfect,but I'm happy to have a job,the manegement is nice and feel good there. I hope that this is going to help somebody
Pros
Flexible scedule
Cons
No insurance
Fun environment
Poker Cashier/ Sports Book ticket writer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 3, 2017
It is fun working in the poker area but u just have that one boss that makes it so uncomfortable and u have to stay on ur toes.U never know what type of mood that person will be in and can ruin ur day.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Poor Management
Great Experience
Box Office/Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMay 24, 2017
Working for the Planet Hollywood Vtheater gave me experience in sales and more sales. Upselling of the theater shows. I was also taught how to sell the fifteen shows in their own way. Staff and management was very friendly.
Productive work.
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2017
Excellent Menu planning and Buffets, good nutrition, Sanitation, and Hygiene. Excellent communication skills.Order and requisition food and supplies in accordance with establishes specification.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short break
Fun workplace
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Myrtle Beach, SCMay 8, 2017
Restaurant unfortunately closed after 20 years in business, but the relationships and connections I made there will last a lifetime. Would not trade my time there for the world.
Fun place
Door Host (Current Employee) –  1540 broadwayApril 28, 2017
Is nice
Is just you have to be standing they have great shift in this job . Manager are great u get a 30 min break each time you do more than 6 hrs a shift
Pros
Cons
Short n
A fun work place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 25, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Wish I could have worked here longer. I learned a lot while working here. My co-workers were terrific and the chefs were knowledgeable. Only regrets was that job was short term due to restaurant closing for remolding.
Awesome fun wonderful
Accounting Department Manager & Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 20, 2017
I loved working here, the people the environment, crowds, staff, music, food, entertainment EVERYTHING was AWESOME at Planet Hollywood.
Pros
everything
Cons
that they closed down
Super fun, enjoyed the show every night, wonderful coworkers
Retail Associate / Sales (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 20, 2017
I very much enjoyed my time at Planet Hollywood's V Theater. The show I had worked for was so much fun. The overall energy of my workplace made me so happy and never stressful. I was distraught when the show canceled, but it was a wonderful experience.
Very corporate standards, with little regard for individual employee well being
Customer Service and Corporate Trainer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
Hive mentality. Very redundant shifts, that can be lucrative, but no consistency in the hourly wages from store to store. Ie. state to state differences are huge, and within a given city, unions stores make up to 3 times the pay of their non- union counter parts.

Corporate doesn't understand the nature of individual stores, or how customer needs vary compared to the tourism they push in sales goals nationally.

This company has no upward mobility, and always hires from outside for sales or managerial positions. Beyond average cooks, and front of the house server/ host/ bus positions to fill short term employment needs, I wouldn't recommend working for this company if you have ambition.
Pros
fast money, short shifts
Cons
short shifts, hit or miss pay, and ALWAYS work holidays.
fun workplace
Receiving Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 11, 2017
Fun and growing company. You have options between restaurant and retail store. The management fluctuates. All staff is amazing. You get to meet many different types of people
great atmosphere
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2016
I love working here. The management and all the the employees are fun and friendly. It don't feel like work. I always wanted to come to work and work hard because there is a lot of room to move up in the company.
people were all good to work with
Butler Services (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 15, 2016
people were all good to work with. Managers were terrible. they will find a way to fire you for the smallest mistake. no questions asked.
enjoy working there meet new employees and customers
Cashier/Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tumon, GUOctober 28, 2016
I'm outgoing person,understanding,communicates well with other, willing to learn more challenging tasks,work well with minimal supervision , well organized always getting the job done on time . i love it when we all work as a team,
Pros
friendly employees
Cons
short breaks
Productive fun place to work
Customer Service, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 27, 2016
My typical day at work, was to meet our daily cash goals that day. I really enjoyed making customers happy, and leaving satisfied with their purchases
Pros
Free food at times
Cons
Short breaks
high energy and positivity
Host (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. all the diffrent kinds of cultures i met here, and not to mentioned worked with as well. i loved helping guest with information and answer questions. there was kids everywhere. alot of people would hate this idea. but i loved it. the made working if better always had a good time with my coworkers. was my first timing of gaining the skills as a host learned alot about managing a flow of people and handling big parties. it was very diificult at times when the people would over flow and we would go on 2 hour wait times people would become frustrated i would become frustrated but i always managed to get back in there and stay positive great life choice working here
Pros
afterwork hangouts with employees
Cons
hot sun when hosting outside
Great experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 13, 2016
I learned so much in this 7months with Planet Hollywood. Management was very carrying and positive about everything in this company. Always was teaching me new task. Even in the bad days at the office management always try to make the best so his team would be happy.
Nice job.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  CanouanApril 6, 2016
Everyday is something different and new. I enjoy interacting with different people and I also like the work environment. It's an interesting job.
The company has free meals and a quiet room for the employees and good health benefits.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2016
I think the hotel does a good job on most thing.But needs to know more about the employee on what they think on how to improve the employee and managment relations
planet hollywood was a very fun place to work at i loved the job.
Bar Porter (Former Employee) –  planet hollywoodFebruary 11, 2016
we would always have preshift and figure out who was working in what area once we did that we went to our stations and start doing our jobs moving helping each other helping customers.
Pros
free lunch hour lunch break and the whole environment
Cons
some of the managers wasn't being very professional

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Hollywood. Our community is ready to answer.