Planet Hollywood Employee Reviews in United States

Fast paced restaurant
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 5, 2015
Work can be very gratifying when you deal with happy families and kids. It can also be very hard because of long hours, dealing with angry families and other coworkers. No matter what position I was in I always had some type of responsibility, whether it was seating taking walk-in families or reservations or assigning seats for them. Only get breaks during evening shift and double shifts, 15 minutes for evening and 30 minutes for doubles (They buy you food for a double). Coworkers/managers an be very friendly but sometimes after a long night they can be cranky like anyone. However great opportunity to gain some experience and have great experiences.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
short breaks, long hours, can be intense
Line cook
Cook (Former Employee) –  OrlandoApril 5, 2013
Horrible kitchen to work in, cooks are treated like animals working in unairconditioned kitchens in all black chef uniforms, sometimes working 15 hour shifts with maybe a 10 min brake if they let you take one. chefs insulting and screaming in your face all night or standing in the hallway while the line crashes. no working elivator so you have to carry food up five flights of stairs. You can't get a raise even when they say they are going to give you one a year later. They average a line cook walking out or quitting once every week and a half. They are 25 people under staffed in kitchen alone because people had so many confrontations with the new sous chef. I loved working there till new management took over no one cares about food quality or the way they treat there employees.
Pros
you get over time every week due to understaffed lineup
Cons
everything about the job
Great atmosphere with a great team to back it.
Buca di Beppo Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 20, 2016
Buca di Beppo is a fun company to work for. Our menu and atmosphre are unique which makes for a great customer experience. We have a kitchen table that our guest can dine at. Our chef interacts with the table and they get to watch their food being prepared.
The staff works close together and team work is a must.

There are close to 100 buca's through out the world.
planet hollywood was a very fun place to work at i loved the job.
Bar Porter (Former Employee) –  planet hollywoodFebruary 11, 2016
we would always have preshift and figure out who was working in what area once we did that we went to our stations and start doing our jobs moving helping each other helping customers.
Pros
free lunch hour lunch break and the whole environment
Cons
some of the managers wasn't being very professional
great place to work
Guest Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 28, 2015
I loved working here. Great staff and employees, management very involved with there employees. great hours and oppurtunites through out the company. Great over time available.
Pros
overtime
Cons
busy
Nice job.
Bartender (Current Employee) –  CanouanApril 6, 2016
Everyday is something different and new. I enjoy interacting with different people and I also like the work environment. It's an interesting job.
Stressful but fun work
Executive Sous Chef (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 2, 2015
As the Executive Sous Chef i would go into work about 5am, do a full reasturant sweep to check if the night cleaners did a good job and point out to them any infractions. Next I would turn on all kitchen equipment(light grills,Ovens, start dish machine, etc.). After equipment was turned on it was time to recieve all orders by myself(Sysco, Produce, and Bev.). Then I would proceded to start the daily prep list and check staffing levels and business levels for the day. Once the staff came in I would instruct them on station placement and how much to prep for each station by projected sales. Soon after we would open the doors to customers and i begain to run my shift as the expo insuring food quality.

Other responsablities included:
Writing ALL BOH schedules
Placing all food orders
Weekely inventory
Following All budgets(paper, Chem. Food)
Managing Food Cost

From this position I learned how to read P&L reports

Hardest part of this job was having no other Chefs working

My co-workers were hard workers with respect for me and i respected their work etchic.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to see happy customers.
Pros
Good Food, Fun enviorment
Cons
No Breaks, 16 hour shifts
The company has free meals and a quiet room for the employees and good health benefits.
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 17, 2016
I think the hotel does a good job on most thing.But needs to know more about the employee on what they think on how to improve the employee and managment relations
Meet People From all over the World
Brand Ambassor/Door Host (Former Employee) –  Manhattan, NYFebruary 1, 2016
A typical day consisted of standing all day.Guiding and Directing customers. Throughout the day you are required to sometimes hand out flyers.
Pros
Great Co-Workers
Cons
Standing All Day
great palce to work
Administrative clerk (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 21, 2015
great place to work very flexible. fun environment. great management. pay could be a little more for the type of assignment
a very fun environment to be in.
Customer Service, server, bartender (Current Employee) –  orlando fl. downtown disneyJanuary 5, 2016
i will definitely miss planet Hollywood but they are closing to remodel. I feel as thought I spent my time there wisely and productively but now its time to move on to other ventures.
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 4, 2015
Planet Hollywood took great care of it's employees. We all worked hard but were well compensated for our time. Since I was working a tournament I didn't always know if it was going to be a long or short day but I enjoyed the work so it didn't really matter. The management team was great and they took care of the employees. I love all things poker so it seemed like a really easy and fun job to me.
Pros
Employee dining room
A very hard place to work your body will not be the same working at a hotel like this.
GRA HOUSEKEEPING (Current Employee) –  LAS VEGAS, NVSeptember 18, 2011
The company can care less about the people who work for them the management talk about the worker bad you cant go and tell the head manager any thing because their is a chance you will get fired be for your 90 days and u pay union dues.

If you get hurt on the job the will send you to their doctor and no matter what is wrong they will send you back to work the very next and say its nothing wrong with you. They call you down to the hr 2-3 times out the week for no reason they are trying to make you feel uncomfortable so you can go back to your regular job, because the light work your suppose to be on is not light. They just dont wont to pay you worker comp. They give you point for going to the doctors appointment when you got hurt on the job.
Hip and upbeat environment
Poker Dealer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2013
High energy atmosphere with the employees to back up that property. I learned how to enjoy this job by acclimating to the environment and it's guest. Management kept a good eye on the daily procedures and maintaining guest services with respect to employee praises and disciplines. I enjoyed the guests being happy with my services and I got tipped very well.
Electrical Maintance in A Resort & Casino
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2012
A typical day would begin with a meet and layout of projects and prority task and regular maintance at hand. In between projects Service calls in casino floor or back of house kitchen,warehouse,and special event room repairs. Everyday preventitive maintanance and inspection of electrical equipment and meter recordings. The most enjoyable part of my daily job was the professional management of my supervisor and co workers dedication.
benefits
Cons
laid off
A strict business, that prepares you for the real world.
Certified Cook (Current Employee) –  Orlando, floridaJanuary 27, 2014
A typical day at planet Hollywood is always hectic, as soon as you get in there you MUST be ready to work. There is no slacking off. The restaurant is located in Disney so its not your everyday normal restaurant. Its always busy there, but it does have its perks. The management is very flexible with hours and they will work with you. And the pay is pretty good.
Pros
free lunches, healthcare benefits, flexible hours
Cons
short breaks, strict uniform
Fun Hard Working Environment
Greeter/ Guest (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 31, 2015
Co-workers were always fun to engage with and always took the job very serious. Supervisors were always very helpful as well as hard workers.
Multi outlet expierence
Assistant Room Chef (Former Employee) –  Main KitchenJanuary 5, 2015
Working at the Planet Hollywood Casino helped me understand how to run different types of restaurant service techniques. From room service, employee dining, buffet and banquets. A typical day varied as to where I was needed. For example, working side by side with the line cook in room service and overseeing the quality and service in buffet. I enjoyed the experience of making special plates for performing artist as well as VIP's of the hotel. The chef team always worked together towards our goals.
Pros
working in one of las vegas's prime resorts
Cons
long hours at times
productive
Team Promotions Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2015
Lead a team of 50 promoters in daily activities to benefit the hotel and clubs. Very good managerment and a team environment.
An interesting work environment with a high turnover rate
EMT-Intermediate/ Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2015
A normal day is mostly informing guest and patrons where to go and trying to rid the casino of undesirable people (overly drunk people, females that sell their bodies, homeless, etc). Though having these people leave is slightly hazardous due to possible legal ramifications that can follow each interaction. I occasionally work on actual medical emergencies. But they are a uncommon occurrence.

I learned several laws involved with the job and the inter-workings of the casino as a whole company.

My current manager and supervisor are very good. They do not micro-manage and trust us to complete our jobs. On the other hand since I've been there we have had four different directors in four years. The problem is each director tends to change everything the previous director put in place. So it tends to be a bit confusing.

I have had some of the best and worst co-workers at this job. Though the turnover rate is atrocious, leaving only a few that know what they're doing.
Pros
free lunches, understanding lower management, three days off and somewhat flexible scheduling.
Cons
poor equipment and the job leaves you quite open for legal ramification.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planet Hollywood. Our community is ready to answer.