Planet Hollywood

Planet Hollywood Employee Reviews

great people
Table Games Dealer (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 30, 2015
Pros: Camaraderie
Cons: high stress and long periods of standing
Lots of repeat guests who always came back for the service they received from the dealers. The people who work there made it fun they were compassionate and understanding and evryone was there for each other. Everyone looked out for one another and that carried over between not just co-workers with each other but also the workers with the guests and the guests with the workers. great thing about repeat guests is most dealers already know their action and can spend more time communicating with them and just relax and enjoy the job. But like any other place it was bound to have that one bad boss who was high enough up to make it hard for people to just relax and do their job as the changes made we experienced the "shoot the messenger" results losing some of those guests. Still the many little guys made up for that with caring and understanding.
An interesting work environment with a high turnover rate
EMT-Intermediate/ Security Officer (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 6, 2015
Pros: free lunches, understanding lower management, three days off and somewhat flexible scheduling.
Cons: poor equipment and the job leaves you quite open for legal ramification.
A normal day is mostly informing guest and patrons where to go and trying to rid the casino of undesirable people (overly drunk people, females that sell their bodies, homeless, etc). Though having these people leave is slightly hazardous due to possible legal ramifications that can follow each interaction. I occasionally work on actual medical emergencies. But they are a uncommon occurrence.

I learned several laws involved with the job and the inter-workings of the casino as a whole company.

My current manager and supervisor are very good. They do not micro-manage and trust us to complete our jobs. On the other hand since I've been there we have had four different directors in four years. The problem is each director tends to change everything the previous director put in place. So it tends to be a bit confusing.

I have had some of the best and worst co-workers at this job. Though the turnover rate is atrocious, leaving only a few that know what they're doing.
Multi outlet expierence
Assistant Room Chef (Former Employee), Main KitchenJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: working in one of las vegas's prime resorts
Cons: long hours at times
Working at the Planet Hollywood Casino helped me understand how to run different types of restaurant service techniques. From room service, employee dining, buffet and banquets. A typical day varied as to where I was needed. For example, working side by side with the line cook in room service and overseeing the quality and service in buffet. I enjoyed the experience of making special plates for performing artist as well as VIP's of the hotel. The chef team always worked together towards our goals.
fun and team work environment
Cage Cashier (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 1, 2015
It was fun and exciting work, every single day you just never knew what you would see that day. Work environment was great I haven't been with another employer that has the same level of environment.
Exciting place to work while attending school
Senior Trainer Sales Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 28, 2014
Pros: i became a merchandise trainer within 1 month of working there.
Cons: there was no health coverage provided
It was an enjoyable environment where I met a lot of people from all walks of life which I enjoyed because it was a tourist hotspot.
fun place to work
Manager House Keeping (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 22, 2014
Pros: great inviroment
Cons: it went out of business
it was a very positive work place to be had lots of learning experience with co
Very high paced environment with excellent management
Busser (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2014
Pros: very lenient
Cons: not enough pay
This is a great job and I would recommend it for anybody looking for a nice part time job. The work place is the best and you feel at home every day when you go in.
Fun Workplace
Sales & Public Relations Coordinator (Former Employee), Atlanta, GANovember 15, 2014
The theme was fun, the execution sometimes lacked. The special events were what made the venue worth working at.
A day at Planet
Sales associate for photo packages (Former Employee), New York, NYOctober 17, 2014
Pros: free food
A typical day at Planet Hollywood included a lot of teamwork and constant running back and forth due to the volume of people. I learned how to edit photos as well as adding towards my customer service skills. My co workers was very friendly and warm, they made the job easy. I enjoyed greeting guests the most.
fun place
Hostess (Former Employee), Orlando, FLOctober 10, 2014
Pros: fun environment
Cons: killer hours
its disney so you get to see a lot of cool stuff and great different people it was a fun hype place to work at the hours in the evening were killer and being per diem was not that great.
It was an amazing company to work for.
Barista (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVOctober 7, 2014
Pros: free lunch, payed lunch, great perks for being part of the company
Cons: being on call
A typical day at work was extremely busy. Working for Starbucks is a on the go type of job, it is non-stop specially the one I worked for, it is one of the busiest Starbucks in the west coast. I will say you never have a dull moment there and just when you thing you've heard everything a customer comes and just shocks you. My co-workers made my day and kept me motivated, there was so many different personalities that I am shocked we all worked so well together we had our differences but at the end of the day we would work like a team and never let the other person fail. Management could of used some work but would ask for feedback constantly from their employees. I have to say the hardest part of the job was that I did not have a set schedule I was on call for the entire time I was there, I'm had time would I would work nights and have to be back the next morning bright and early. I remember guest coming up to me asking me did I even go home, I would always tell them we had sleeping bags in the back for days like this, of course we didn't but that would of been awesome.
Great learning experience
Public Relations Manager (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 17, 2014
A fun and exciting place to work and gain experience in event management and public relations
Awesome Work enviorment
Host (Current Employee), Orlando, FLAugust 11, 2014
the management is great everyone is like a family
you get great benefits
a good part time job
Productive and fun, fast pace place of work
House Keeping (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NvJuly 30, 2014
My typical day at work for Planet Hollywood is fast and easy going.
nice and balanced work place
housekeeping (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 29, 2014
I loved everything about this job, the employees were nice and outgoing
I enjoyed my work and was grateful to have it.
Sr Trainer/ Orentation speaker for new hires (Former Employee), Vista, FLJuly 16, 2014
Pros: i loved my job for the most part
Cons: the clicky people that were above me. snoby and not nice to others very bossy
For the most part I enjoyed my job. I enjoyed being trusted to handle such important things as money ,safe, keys to stores, expensive merchandise. I loved doing orientation for new hires telling the store of Planet Hollywood and taken them on a tour.
I loved free lunches and free tickets for different places.
I loved being the Sr. trainer over the trainer and encouraging them to be their best. I loved coming up with ideas of games between my coworkers to win prizes.
Needs a lot of work!
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Myrtle Beach, SCJuly 8, 2014
It was a nice learning experience. Fun staff to work with. Needs a little more guidance and control of everything. Enjoy interacting with the guest. Definitely needs a serious remodel!!
Exciting shift every day
Bartender (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJuly 2, 2014
Its busy from open to close with great guests, Co-workers and Management always work together as a team
Fun place to work
sous chef (Former Employee), orlando flMay 14, 2014
Pros: great pay
Cons: out of work to late
I loved the environment, although the late hours were affected my quality of life.
Fun work place while it lasted
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 19, 2014
Pros: we had a buffet and they food was always good
-It was always a good day for me but sundays because of to much check outs but i still by passed my day with a smile on my face.
-Multi-task was #1 thing i needed and I've gain that
-All my co-workers was friendly and very outgoing never had a problem with any.
-Cleaning 16 rooms was a little difficult but i still manage to keep myself motivated at all times.
-The most enjoyable part was meeting new people

1 2 3 4

About Planet Hollywood

This Planet serves a little glitz and glamour with its burgers and fries. Planet Hollywood International operates and franchises – Read more

Planet Hollywood Salaries