Planetechs Employee Reviews

Good Place to work.
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, TXFebruary 6, 2017
It was a job, as I like to think of it. I had friends there so it wasnt always so boring but after almost 30 years of doing the same thing, it gets od.
Decent place to work
Full Desk Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 22, 2016
Was there 8 years. Not a lot of advancement opportunities. Will work with your schedule if you are a student. Training is available to learn Recruiting.
Pros
Got to travel
Cons
No advacements
Entry level recruiting job
Recruiting Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakbrook, ILJanuary 6, 2015
-Pound out phone calls and recruit aircraft mechanics for various jobs around the country and world.
-Current director of recruiting is volatile and would rather fire and hire than train people up.
-Co-workers were awesome friendly people.
-The hardest part of the job was putting up with the director.
-The most enjoyable part of the job was the compensation, weekends off, and fairly standard work hours (8am-6pm)
Pros
Lots of free food
Cons
Never knew what to expect
Fast-paced, productive, and fun place to work!
Heavy Jet Maintenance Contractor (Current Employee) –  OAK BROOK, ILLINOISNovember 12, 2013
A typical day involves disassembly of DASH 8 TURBO PROP aircraft by removing flight controls, wing access panels (that's where the fuel is stored), all the passenger seats, cockpit seats, floor panels, and walls, and breaking the aircraft down to a skeleton, for heavy check inspection. I've learned that, by working hard, fast-paced, and not concentrating on all I have to do, that I can actually move a mountain of work singlehandedly in one shift; it is absolutely amazing what one person can really and truly do alone in one shift.
I've met co-workers from all over the world and this is one of the most interesting aspects of working in aviation. The hardest part of the job is the stress of knowing there is a possibility that I didn't torque something correctly, left a tool inside the flight control cables, left something undone, or that some inexperienced person made a mistake that I didn't see. The most enjoyable part of the job is the money; but, I LOVE truck driving, and I can actually earn more driving a truck ( as long as I can get a union position).
Pros
Travel benefits and pay.
Cons
Extremely fast-paced working environment and stress
Good firm to work for
Supervisor / Lead Structures Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMay 5, 2015
Enjoyed my time with PT.. Always listening and pay was always on time and never late. If there was an issue, they always handled it promptly.
Pros
Variety of jobs and locations
benefits
Like working in the Military only not as fun
APG / Flightline Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCApril 19, 2016
Perform all maintenance to get aircraft ready for customer after modifications have been completed. We tow, fuel, run engines, jack, LOX, service hydraulics, fix bleed air leaks,
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Poor place to work, little room for growth
Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, MNOctober 10, 2013
Get everything in writing. They tell their own employees that they will receive benefits but keep them as temps for years.
ok
Quality Assurance / Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCSeptember 11, 2012
I really do not know to much I just come in to work at Boeing I never interact much with Planetech
Pros
money i make
Cons
benefits are not that good
Good Company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Doral, FLSeptember 1, 2012
its the company where you can grow really fast and really good benefits and pay.
Great group
Airframe & Powerplant Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Duluth MNFebruary 28, 2015
A typical day at work consists with the knowledge before going out to do the job. they always say if you've never done it once let someone know and they'll clear things up with someone whose an expert or has down it a few times to point you in the direct position. managements always making sure you follow and stay within he regulations and making sure you work in a timely manner. the most enjoyable thing at work is the group of people i work with. we all horse around but always get more than what is needed done.
Pros
6 month bonus
Cons
no travel pay
A great place to work
Avionics Installer (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILSeptember 26, 2015
Great Place The staff is nice the work is good and you get to travel all over the country and possibly the world. There are several Golden Opportunities to consider
Pros
Cons
Travel for Jobs
Not a good place.
Diesel Tech (Former Employee) –  ChannonnAugust 31, 2015
Did not like the place. When the contract was up they did not find why I was not hired on with the company. I had worked for them for 6 months and at the end I was let go and was not given a reason.
Nice workplace with understanding management
Structural Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 28, 2015
Good company who allowed me to have a chance back in aviation. Work was not bad, and they gave me a chance to get hired directly. Wasn't with them long, but they made me feel comfortable.
Energetic and Fun Numbers Game
Aviation Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILAugust 14, 2015
Fun place to work with great, energetic co-workers, great acknowledgment of when doing well. Numbers games rather than focus on quality of work.
Pros
Great co-workers, Great
Cons
Numbers game makes for tough competition
PlaneTechs
On-Site Project Administrator (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 19, 2014
Great position with a good company. Supported recruiting staff in hiring aviation mechanics.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No much room for advancement
Good place to start recruiting career
Senior Manager - Business Development (Current Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJuly 30, 2013
PlaneTechs is a good company to start a recruiting career in contract staffing.
Great Staffing Agency
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAFebruary 27, 2015
Planetechs gave me the opportunity to expand my horizons by placing a wide variety of work at my fingertips. It all gave me an opportunity to learn a lot about a variety of aircrafts
Pros
It's all great
Cons
No cons
great reps
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMarch 26, 2014
worked in aar but as a contracter planetechs reps were very helpful aar was a lot funner during this time
Pros
per diam
Cons
management
Great Employer to work for
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 11, 2015
Start the day off getting your work assignment, head out and perform your duties. Work along side other mechanics or solo, 8 hour shifts.
Pros
Great job doing what i love
Cons
had to end
Horriable Place to work
Sheet metal mechanic on the Delta (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALNovember 2, 2014
Run down hangers. Did not have the things we needed for the job. Poor management. Did get along with co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planetechs. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9