Planned Companies Employee Reviews

Awesome Management
Concierge Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VASeptember 20, 2017
Planned Companies is staff is always available to assist with any issues that arise and are compassionate about their duties as management! Thank You!
planned compaies is horrible
Concierge/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 12, 2017
The company is constantly hiring and firing,
They always get the payroll wrong and their constantly switching managers, however we finally have a decent manager so well see how long he stays or what changes
Micro managing employees
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Parsippany, NJAugust 25, 2017
Not enforcing standards: Never given concrete roles and responsibilities, didn't know what was expected of me.

Ineffective feedback – positive and negative: Never receive regular timely feedback, which made it, very difficult to meet my objective.
Fun Environment with Pool Table/ Friendly Guests
Concierge/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Jersey City, NJAugust 19, 2017
Attending guests and ensuring site is safe for residents. Screening all personals. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and greeting the residents with utmost respect.
Boring job with low pay
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, VAAugust 11, 2017
I guess the concierge position an okay job for a student looking for extra money, but it is not the best if you have a load of responsibilities to tackle like rent and bills and mouths to feed. The pay is only $12/hr, and there is no chance of that ever changing. It's not like you work for a few months and get raise. Management is so unorganized and barely controls their employees. People show up late EVERDAY which puts a strain on the people they are relieving. For example if you work overnights and your shift ends at 7:00am and you happen to have maybe a second job in the morning or class, whoever is supposed to relieve you in the morning might decide to show up and hour late and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it, and you have to stay on site until somebody else gets there. Good luck getting management to help you out with such issues
Lead Concierge (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 29, 2017
This job is very suitable for college students or for those looking to make some overtime. Your schedule is set, they don't change it and they always offer overtime hours, as well as they always have overtime. Also the Executive Managers are great and reliable.
Great Place
Lead Concierge (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJJuly 26, 2017
Great Place to work. Great pay with a lot of overtime available if you ant to make extra money. Staff is very helpful and attentive. Residents are very generous.
This company doesn't have no overtime restrictions
Security Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJJune 22, 2017
This company pays every 2 weeks and it doesn't pay a lot for you to support yourself or a family. If you work in this company you will be doing a lot of overtime but you need to set yourself back because the pay rate is not high. I know many people that stood behind their bills because they only work one job. I recommend getting an extra part time job if you work in this company. Many people that i know hasn't progress working only this job. This company would be good if they pay weekly. Also this company doesn't appreciate your job performance, there's never satisfaction. This job doesn't have field supervisor, the operation manager is in full control of the guards or concierges, porters.
Cons
No breaks at all
Great team
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 19, 2017
Great place to work the culture is the best ive ever been apart of. Managment is top notch and great quality of life there and workplace culture. recomend
They are ok
Concierge (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 16, 2017
The company has given me the opportunity to work and make some money however, there is no ability to grow, promotions, raise, etc. I have been with the company for 6 years and i am ready to move on.
Pros
amazing individuals
Cons
health care, no salary increase
Stable work day in day out.
Porter (Former Employee) –  Jersey City, NJMay 22, 2017
Constant work with lots to do. Get to inter act with lots of different types people. I learned to use lots of different types of machinery. Learned different cleaning techniques.
Nor good
Porter/Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 16, 2017
They don't treat employees with respect, they don't pay overtime, they don't usually pay you your full check. I have to constantly call to know what's going on and where or what I working on. I have been sent to locations and then had to return home because they messed up the scheduling.
Disappointing
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 13, 2017
I had the opportunity to work for Planned Companies, the division of Planned Lifestyle and Security. Initially, I was very excited for this opportunity. However, after the 2nd week I observed several internal situations which resulted in red flags. Within the next few weeks, each red flag was confirmed and feedback from existing employees confirmed this company was NOT a company I want to be a part of. Stemming from the EVP on the PSS/PLS division and down, the nasty jokes about other colleagues, the intentional sabotoge by direct reports, mean spirit and lack of morals resulted in a mutual parting of ways. No accountability on the EVP's part regarding past inefficiencies, poor structure, and a strong lack of communication.
I will say, there are some good people I had the pleasure of meeting. Saddly, they all worked in different departments but provided me with valuable insight as to the company's history of being disloyal to long standing employees.
Pros
Friday Dress Casual
Cons
Great company to gain experience
Concierge (Current Employee) –  Hackensack, NJMay 13, 2017
Its a very cut and dry what they ask of you. however moving up is rare. Salary increases are even rarer. Ive had four supervisors in the last two years.
my opioion about working as a concierge
CONCIERGE/SECURITY OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJMay 8, 2017
Working for planned companies has been really interesting.a typical work environment is greeting and catering to the resident everyday needs.over the time of working for this company i learned several things.. One thing for sure is that the residents always wins.However I loved the management as far as my account manage he was a really great guy.and because of him my work culture has been concierge, for the past 6 years, i am to the point where i cant remember what other jobs i have had.The hardest part of the job is staying busy on the overnight shift,However the most enjoyable part of working concierge is helping and working with people.
Pros
the staff is very fiendly
Cons
certain sites are very strict
Productive Day
Concierge Specialist (Current Employee) –  Weehawken, NJMay 1, 2017
Greeting resident's
Ensuring their safety
Hardest part is dealing with disrespectful resident's
Easiest part is dealing with the friendly resident's
planned companies
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTApril 20, 2017
a day being a concierge is very laid back job just have to have a lot of patients for residents and be very understanding its a fun environment to work
Irresponsible company and Management
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYApril 13, 2017
Management didn't take responsibility for anything. They had schedule shifts however if someone called out you were forced to stay and do doubles and if you refused you are threaten to be fire if you wanted to leave your post at the end of the shift.
Pros
Nice properties!
Cons
Management didn't take responsibility for anything.
Estrictamente laboral alta calidad de servicio
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Parsippany, NJApril 7, 2017
Creo deberían mejorar las relaciones con empleados
Worst company ever.
Concierge Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, NJApril 6, 2017
First off let me say this was the worst few years of my life! The supervisors are so unorganized and forgetful even with paying! Yes that's right they don't pay! They will promise to put it in your next check and it never comes!!!! I stayed so long solely because of the residents and the experience.
Pros
Residents are amazing and nice people!
Cons
Everything else!!!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

2.5