Florida Association of Planned Parenthood Affiliates
West Palm Beach, FL 33409
The Communications Manager is responsible for leading communications, marketing and media campaigns for Planned Parenthood of South Florida and the Treasure Coast and the state policy office FAPPA. The Manager will utilize traditional media relations, online and social media and marketing strategies to enhance visibility, attract relevant stakeholders, shape public policy, and brand the organization. This position is chiefly responsible for all aspects of the agency’s social media and online organizing program to build and activate our supporters across the state.
- Superior research, editing, presentation, analytical and writing skills, in multiple
lengths and formats and to multiple audiences.
- Commitment to inter- and intra-agency teamwork.
- Energetic, creative, motivated, a self-starter, and able to function productively and
effectively with a high degree of autonomy.
- Ability to cultivate sound relationships with members of the press and to pitch and
place media stories.
- Ability to create and implement online organizing and communications programs.
- Management of design and production of marketing materials.
- Working knowledge and understanding of reproductive health issues and knowledge of
Florida’s political and governmental processes, including legislative and policy issues.
- Must be able to travel as needed.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Ability to set priorities and organize concurrent projects, meet deadlines, handle
pressure, manage multiple projects and time effectively, exercise independent
judgment and assume responsibility for reliable follow through.
- Ability to be a team player as well as a leader.
- Ability to gracefully manage a high level of stress, multiple projects and meet deadlines
EEOC & Drug-Free Workplace
Indeed - 20 months ago