Provides direct health care services under the direction of the Medical Director and in accordance with the PPSE Medical Standards and Guidelines and applicable state and federal regulations. She/he is responsible for initiating and following-up the medical care for clients seeking family planning and related health services. The Nurse Practitioner/Certified Nurse Midwife is a member off the health care team and serves as a clinical resource for staff.
- Provides quality Family Planning and Gynecological care and services according to protocols.
- Completes exam and identifies normal and abnormal findings.
- Appropriately diagnoses and treats per protocol.
- Administers medications as needed.
- Refers clients with abnormal conditions or other medical problems outside the scope of practice for PPSE.
- Provides patient education as needed.
- Documents clearly all client care and follow-up according to protocols; including: patient history, physical findings, assessment, treatment and education in client’s medical record. Also documents follow-up in client’s medical record and on appropriate logs along with recording services provided and related diagnoses on charge tickets. Surgical Care
- May assist Physician with one or more of the following clinical procedures according to protocols: Medical abortion, surgical abortion, IUD insertion, implanon insertion, vasectomies, tubal ligations, colposcopies and biopsies. Lab Work
- Performs lab tests according to protocols.
- Wet mount preparation and collection of Pap Smear and other specimens.
- Accurately identifies wet prep organisms.
- Properly handles and labels all specimens, including disposal.
- Initiates and monitors follow-up care.
- Reviews lab data and orders appropriate additional laboratory investigations when indicated.
- Provides follow-up on abnormal labs according to PPSE Standards & Guidelines.
- Makes appropriate medical and/or social referrals.
- Monitors labs and referrals for completion of care. Productivity & Management
- Demonstrates sound independent decision-making and stays current with latest protocols.
- Works independently without specific or continual instruction.
- Consults Medical Director as appropriate.
- Attends quarterly provider meetings.
- Completes CME and/or attends additional trainings.
- Is reliable, efficient and maintains productivity. Safely meets productivity goals.
- Maintains busy clinic flow, helps other staff as needed. Willing to work-in clients as requested.
- Completes thorough, accurate charting. Works in an efficient manner and completes tasks and projects on time.
- Maintains and protects client confidentiality at all times.
- Serves as a resource for clinical staff and provides back-up to the Medical Director as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Active Nursing License for GA,
- Certified Nurse Practitioner or Certified Nurse Midwife, with a specialty in Women’s Health, Adult Health or Family Health
- CPR training and certification Experience:
- At least one year experience as a practitioner in a Women’s Health, Adult Health or Family Health setting Skills:
- Excellent clinical skills and decision-making ability
- Must be interested in and have the ability to work well with diverse populations
- Good communication skills and ability to give counsel and patient education on a one to one basis
- Able to work independently and be a self-starter
- Able to multi-task, prioritize and maintain productivity
- Good computer skills including internet/email Physical demands:
- Ability to stand and sit for extended periods of time Languages spoken:
- Bilingual in English/Spanish preferred Essential characteristics:
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Flexible, positive, team player
- Commitment to quality health care
No phone calls please. Qualified candidates submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Planned Parenthood Southeast is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Planned Parenthood Southeast does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood Southeast is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values team work, collaboration, creativity, and building a diverse team.
Indeed - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Planned Parenthood of Southeast Iowa serves Des Moines, Henry, North Lee, South Lee, Washington, Louisa, Van Buren and Jefferson counties...