Planned Parenthood of the Heartland Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
A company that prides itself on open mindedness and love for all.
Traveling Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 24, 2017
I have never worked for a company that is so compassionate and caring for all. Planned Parenthood provides compassionate care for all of their patients as well as for all of their employees. They strive to recognize and reward their employees for a job well done.
Diverse and Inclusive!
HR Generalist/Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAApril 20, 2017
I've never worked at such an inclusive place before! Everyone is allowed to live their truth here. We are SUPER involved in the LGBTQ+ community and we have a very active Diversity and Inclusivity task force.
Pros
tattoos and piercings allowed, special blue or pink hair? you are welcome here!
Great Experience Gained and Great Enviornment
Bilingual Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJune 25, 2014
A typical day would consist of setting up appointments for patients, providing information and educating patients about all the services provided at all of our different locations. I learned to process to paperwork and how submit and verify insurance. The management is great and easy to work with and very understanding towards their staff. There was a variety of staff and they were all great to work. The hardest was learning all the information and processes , there was a lot of material to pick up on.
A Day in the Clinci
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, NEMarch 24, 2014
Everyday we see lots of patients In and out of the clinic making sure they are getting the service they need. Answering phone calls and face to face interactions. Learned to always stay positive and make sure I was satisfying my customers to the best of my ability. The hardest part of the job was just making sure everything was done and done right as well as in a timely fashion not really too hard but pretty much working hard. I enjoyed everyday co workers were great and I enjoyed my patients as well.
Pros
benefits, pay
Great Place to Work
Human Resources Coordinator/Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 14, 2014
A great experience with great people all working toward a good cause and doing so gladly.
Easy Job for Detail Oriented Person who likes good pay and benefits
Prescription Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAJuly 2, 2013
A typical day at work as manager of the C-Mail (contraceptive mail) Department, usually started out with me printing out the postage for the day and making sure we had enough mailers. Then I would print out that day's report that had the patients on it that needed their birth control mailed that day, Then the majority of the day was spent in our NextGen computer system in EHR and EPM processing the mail to be sent. This job is definitely not for everyone, it is quite repetetive and some people have a problem with a job like that. I worked there for 8 1/2 years so I learned three different computer systems and was able to work two different positions in that time. My co-workers were all really nice, in C-Mail we were a pretty quiet group but still had fun. The hardest part of the job was catching up on Mondays from the reports over the weekend. Management was wonderful, which there was some turnover but was always good until the last manager I had who was on some power trip and vendetta to get me to quit. I even had one of my employees quit for the way she was treating me! The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to completely stand behind my company's beliefs and feel like the part of a much bigger picture.
Pros
Good medical benefits and pay
Cons
my last manager
As a new MA, I learned a great deal from PPH
Clinic Assistant/Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 24, 2012
Although I worked at PPH as a temp-to-hire/per deim, I learned a great deal of what it is to be a MA at clinic like PPH and how it operated. I admired how PPH educated and treated the low-income and un-insured patients--PPH impacted and changed alot of lives. However, the staff weren't very helpful, un-friendly and highly under-staffed, documents and customer charts were hard to find, mostly because they were beginning to go paperless using EHR's.
Pros
impacted the community in a positive way, changed lives
Cons
under-staffed, lacked teamwork

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood of the Heartland. Our community is ready to answer.

4.7