Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Shows you how to be human
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIFebruary 2, 2016
You truly become a healer for those who need your help. I was so thankful to have had time with my patients and to make them as comfortable as they could be. I was an open ear for them to vent with.
Pros
The most rewarding job ever
Cons
only part time and no benefits
Management needs to improve
Scheduling Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 2, 2016
PPLA has employed some individuals in management roles who need to improve their supervisory skills. From my experience, my direct supervisor was very aggressive and condescending at times.
Pros
Community environment
Cons
Good
Center Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIJanuary 28, 2016
Busy work but clients are the problem. Trying to help people get the services they need but no one is kind.
I hate writing reviews.
I hate touching people.
Awesome Co-workers, Full of potential
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2016
I've learned a lot from PPLA in regards to Family Planning. My Co-workers are phenomenal. However, PPLA has not kept their employees in the know about what has been happening, especially after being on the news for the past few months. PPLA, has lost many employees over the past few months, and I'm no too sure if HQ has noticed the pattern. PPLA, is definitely a good place to start your career to build your resume'. I appreciate all that I've learned and all of the wonderful people I've encountered.
Pros
knowledable company, ability to learn a lot if willing to
Cons
under paid, a lot of employees are unhappy considering the amount of work that is thrown to them
Great Place To Work
executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 9, 2016
This company is a great place to work with good benefits. Competitive salary.There's nothing more that I care to say about this job.
Great learning experience
VOLUNTEER MEDICAL ASSISTANT/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJanuary 8, 2016
I didn't work there I volunteered for high school. It was very fun and busy. I was able to learn how to perfect performing vitals on patients, drawing blood, and how to help the doctor's through the examinations. It really helped me figure out what I wanted to do in life and I knew that helping women and young ladies with knowledge about how to take care of themselves is what I love to do. I loved interacting with the patients and helping them in any and every way that they needed.
F u c k baby killers
Hating liberals (Current Employee) –  EverywhereJanuary 4, 2016
Hope you all burn in h e l l or get cancer selling baby parts violates at least 5 amendments and you all need to be hung in the streets like dogs
Not so great place to work
Human Resource Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 4, 2016
This employer prepared me to be able to work in the workforce and be able to deal with any and every working environment. The Director at the time made my experience miserable and unbearable to work for and protestors showed up weekly when the clinics were opened.
Pros
Great location from home
Cons
everything other than working close to home
the people that I worked with were great
Exit Biller (Former Employee) –  San Luis Obispo, CADecember 30, 2015
collecting co-pays, imputing into patients charts, processing charts with correct icd 9 and then 10 codes, posting batches, verifying insurance learned to use the EHR program and NEXTGEN program looked forward to going to work the employees were great and fun to work with and knowing that I was helping patients was the most enjoyable part of the job
Pros
working with the patients
Cons
lunch breaks were only a half hour
productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 19, 2015
was a very fun job people and staff were excellent had alot of working as a team never a dull moment the hardest part of the job was goin paperless
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 19, 2015
Planned parent hood is very fast paced environment. It is a place of productivity and never a dull moment. I have the responsibility to manage a group of folks, gives me the opportunity to learn a lot about peoples different background,culture and behavioral patterns.
Pros
Great vocation time
Cons
overwhelming at times
Rewarding
employee (Current Employee) –  AnonymousDecember 18, 2015
A fast paced, excellent and rewarding place to work. Everyone is dedicated to the provision of superior, non-judgmental care to all patients.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible work schedules
Good people but sometimes insufferable
Desktop Analyst\PC Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 16, 2015
typical day is none stop problem solving. first time I worked within a citrix environment and am not very impressed, seems like remote desktop on roids. management under a bit too overly determined to be perfect in an imperfect work environment. hard dealing with management who sometimes expects way more than can be delivered with the tools available.
Pros
mission is the message
Cons
Not enough Money
Very stressful, but it was meaningful work
Reproductive Health Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 12, 2015
We were all in it for the right reasons, and no matter what anyone may say, clinicians and clinic staff care deeply about patients and Planned Parenthood's mission.

Upper management was condescending and difficult to deal with. I absolutely did not trust any of my managers--they were duplicitous and consistently told you (or implied) that you were doing a terrible job. I learned a lot and got very good experience from my time there but the work culture is kinda bad. It wasn't always like that but a new management regime has made it a pretty terrible place to work.

Benefits are pretty good, but the pay is horrible and not commensurate with your level of daily stress. Various clinicians took stress leave while I was there.

It's a pretty good place to work for people who want to be Medical Assistants--the RHA's (reproductive health assistants) get cliquey and pretty mean to all of the people passing through on their way to Med-School, PA School, Nursing school, whatever the end goal may be. Once again, it wasn't always like that. There is also a rift between clinical staff and administrative staff. Poor management has let that kind of culture develop. Hiring also seems hinged on how long an RHA plans to stay nowadays.
Pros
great mission and meaningful work
Cons
tense and stressful work environment, TERRIBLE pay, didn't trust upper management
Excellent work environment
Clinic Manager (Former Employee) –  Moorhead, MNDecember 10, 2015
Excellent staff, very educational for patients, the best part of the job is the education they provide. The company was very good to work for but due to cut backs eliminated all clinic managers.
Pros
Very Educational
Cons
The poor uneducated views of the clinics
Productive but will mess with your head
Phone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILDecember 9, 2015
This job will work your anxiety to the core. After finding out what happens behind closed doors it is time for me to say goodbye.
Pros
great management
Cons
horrible things happen that are traumatizing
Fun and educational
Peer Counselor (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 4, 2015
I was able to learn and volunteer, while help teach my teenage peers. This experience helped me gain confidence,by speaking in front of large groups of my peers.Was able to learn many things about the human body and the way different things effect you. Also met some nice people.
Cons
Temporary
fun work place
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 3, 2015
Fun workplace but unfortunately I was wrongfully terminated. Other than that I think Planned Parenthood was a great place to work for and the staff are amazing!
Pros
lots of potlucks, great staff, friendly environment
Cons
not the best pay
Didnt work there long.
Clinical Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CANovember 30, 2015
I honestly cant given a credible account but a typical day at work is average. I learned a lot. The management is nice. The co workers are cool. The hardest part is the patient load. The most enjoyable part is the patient and bonding.
Medical Assistant , phone call center
Medical Assistant and Receptionist, scheduler, (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 20, 2015
Almost perfect job. But it is not all about the money.The company is good but employees are giving there 100% , I am on the phone all day and every day ,I volunteer to come work here ,when nobody wanted . and now they are going to change me back to the clinic. witch I think is unfare.
Pros
good freinds, good skills
Cons
small breaks, too many supervisors