Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood Employer Reviews

Good Job
HIV Coordinator (Former Employee), Hudson Peconic AffiliateDecember 16, 2014
Pros: flexible and educational
Cons: no room for growth and many work hours
Great work experience. Excellent team who provides great work!
Quiet great organization with room to advance
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Peoria, ILDecember 10, 2014
Pros: no holidays or weekends
Cons: position transfered
My job was repetitious I came logged in printed and coded claims and paper billed or billed electronically them to the insurance, small balance write off and wrote off claim that was to old to bill to insurance companies.

co-workers was pleasant and a joy to work with. Having my own office and being a self started.
Working for a Cause
Manager of Resource and Program Development (Current Employee), Palm Beach, Broward, MiamiDecember 4, 2014
Love mission of my work. Culture is fun, warm and friendly. Due to the nature of my work, little advancement.
Productive and always intresting days at work
Health Service Specialist (Former Employee), Hayward, CADecember 2, 2014
I will be always ready to start my day by opening the back office such as cleaning rooms checking if all supplies were stocked ,opening the lab. After checking the back office I will check for insurance for medical ,Alameda alliance and complete all the charts for that day. Then I will go ahead and check in with my co workers to see if they needed my – more... help. – less
Fast paced environment
Patient Care Revenue Biller (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 2, 2014
Pros: overcoming challenges and new experiences
Cons: overwhelming backload
My daily duties as a biller included creating HCFA and UB claims, reconciliation of state funded insurance (Medicaid), and various insurances. I verified insurance eligibility for patients and ensured that allowances, adjustments and write-offs were posted accurately.
I also reviewed and resolved discrepancies while posting payments to the appropriate – more... accounts.

During my time I acquired a working knowledge of revenue codes and HCPS codes.

I worked closely with management to troubleshoot issues. I felt my manager was very knowledgeable, and she shared that knowledge with the staff. I worked closely with my team mates ensuring a productive environment.

The greatest challenge of this position was the volume.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the self-confidence I have gained from being able to overcome the day to day challenges of this position. – less
Fast-paced work environment
Primary and Reproductive Care Referral Coordinator (Current Employee), San Jose, CANovember 26, 2014
Pros: team environment
Cons: lack of advancement
Everyday is different from the next. It's a fast-paced environment. It is a team environment and everyone pulls their own weight to create a smooth work flow. Serving the community and being a part of a patients health care is the most enjoyable aspect of my job.
Revolving door
Administrative assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYNovember 19, 2014
Pros: staff, health benefits
Cons: poor management, revolving door
We have excellent staff but poor managers and a revolving door attitude. This is a great place to work for if you want to get your foot in the door of the nonprofit world.
Much Life Balance No Advancement with Department Favoritism
Network Administrator (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WINovember 16, 2014
Much Life Balance No Advancement with Department Favoritism
very stressful workplace
Reproductive Specialist (Former Employee), Austin, TXNovember 12, 2014
Pros: became to know regular friendly clients
Cons: worked long hours. no team work.
planned parenthood was a job with very stressful situations. always understaffed. The environment has a negative vibe.
Not Professional
Patient Service Specialist (Former Employee), Bedford Heights, OHNovember 10, 2014
Pros: good experience
Cons: bad managing, one sided meetings, no respect
Went to work everyday, on time except there was a flow facilitator there that abused her authority, shown little respect to certain employeers, came up with lies to get employees fired.
Great mission and opportunity to serve patients. Toxic work culture that starts at the top.
Manager (Former Employee), Modesto, CANovember 9, 2014
Pros: free health benefits for employee, great mission
Cons: lack of support, toxic work culture
I loved working for Planned Parenthood Mar Monte. In many ways it was my dream job. I loved the opportunity to serve the community by providing such needed services. I loved my team and my immediate peers. But, the toxic and unethical corporate culture cultivated an atmosphere of negativity and fear that impacted our ability to truly strive for excellence.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Burbank, CANovember 4, 2014
Pros: learning to work on nextgen keeping me up to dated
Cons: not being hired
Even though I was a temp i felt welcomed from day one .The staff was so family oriented ,They all were willing to help out and if ou forgot anything in training then asking was accepted always .I truely missed working with all the ladies .Some of the management could use some training in respect to employees and also be a bit more forgiving or equal – more... .The hardest part of this job was watching patient leave with bad news the best part was offering help to everyone who i came in contact with .I remembered a pt came in and she wasnt sure how to get home on bus from clinic and they ladies went out there way to get her every route she found the easiest .Overall i will be honered to be a part of this company as a regular employee – less
Great Work
Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYNovember 3, 2014
Though I believe in the efforts of the organization, they leave more to be desired when it comes to the advancement of their employees. Many individuals who work there have been with the company for 5+ years. Yet I would venture to say that a little more than half of them have not changed positions without having to leave the company and then return. – more... Requests from employees that are seeking training or career advancement is rarely granted, unless you hover closely to one of the executive team members. Additionally, the executive team lacks diversity on their team. – less
Productive and fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Memphis, TNOctober 23, 2014
Friendly attitude from most employees. Busy but consistent work flow. Good communication between co-workers and patients. Management was very supportive but to distracting with personal conversation.
A great non-profit to work for.
Corporate Security Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 23, 2014
Pros: work enviroment and co-workers.
Cons: none at the moment.
Over the last 18 months I have learned how to trouble shoot all or our existing security systems. Prior to this position my management experience dealt with supervising people. I knew this job would be an interesting challenge for me and I'm glad I took it.
Good
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Utica, NYOctober 23, 2014
Pros: benerits
Cons: protesters
Started in 1993 until 2007. Liked the employees and work environment.
A fun and supportive work environment!
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 21, 2014
Pros: family oriented culture
Cons: opportunity for growth
A direct link to clinical outcomes. This is a great company to work for, for an individual clinical or non clinical to gain core experience to how an ambulatory surgical center operates and is regulated by external agencies.
Very positive place to work, I enjoy having my own office and able to be a self starter and get my work done on time.
Medical Biller (Former Employee), Peoria, ILOctober 20, 2014
Pros: 7 hours a day was considered as a full day. going to chicago for training.
Cons: was just the drive to chicago afther that everything was fine.
A typical day at Planned Parenthood I can in checked my emails to see if they was any new work for me, other than that it was repertitious. I billed paper claims to Medicaid, followed up with the insurance companies on claims that have not been paid. I really enjoyed having my own office, and just knowing what to do each day.
little work/life balance and unfair treatment of employees
Coordinator (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 17, 2014
Pros: patients become like family
Cons: no group lunches, lack of recognition by senior management, benefits are expensive, no room for advancement, no real training system is in place
Typical work day included patients being upset about being misquoted prices on the phone. The wait times were extrememly long even before I started working there. I learned that you will be asked for input but it will not be considered it is just to 'shut you up'. Management is not very good. They micromanage and have very little sense of how the health – more... center operates. The co-workers are pretty good. They can be sort of teamed up with one another and make the job more difficult that it needs to be. The hardest part of the job is that learning price for services and there is still no real sense of it. The most enjoyable aspect was the patients. Their different stories are wonderful and even their personalities are great. – less
Diverisfied work place
Health Care phone Representative (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLOctober 3, 2014
Pros: learning experince that is offered/ great compincation packages
Cons: times can get tough and can not set routine schedule
Steady Flow of work daily
polished phone skills, assisting patients with allowed protocol.
Management: Understanding to daily needs to be accomplished as well as good with working with individuals with needs of outwork place needs.
Hardest part of the job: is working and understand various patience behavior.
Enjoyable part of job: co-works, and to have – more... the experience with work with a wide range of public and patience. learn experience that you receive as an employee – less

1 2 3 4 5

About Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than – Read more

Planned Parenthood Photos