Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood Employer Reviews

Productive and multiple task workplace
Medical Assistant (Extern) (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTApril 9, 2014
Perform basic office functions filing, stocking supplies, scheduling appointments, office reception and telephone answering .
Perform clinical duties such as blood pressures, lab work, and medical charting, cleaning and sterilizing equipment.
One of the most hardest things to do is provide patients with education regarding contraceptive options and – more... counseling. – less
Passion for above-and-beyond patient care
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee), Eureka, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: working towards reproductive justice; caring and positive staff
Cons: constantly changing workflow policies; low compensation for staff
Although the work was often constantly changing, the trust and connection that staff has with each other was the glue to make a hectic work day into a dynamic and exciting one. One of the best parts of working there was the desire for transparency and the management's commitment to hearing out everyone's opinions. My co-workers were constantly supporting – more... each other, verbally and with actions, and our passion for the goal of creating better access to reproductive health and information drove us forward.
The hardest part of the job was the constantly changing policies from somewhat estranged higher-ups who weren't at the clinic, witnessing the day-to-day work. There is a disconnect between those who work in the clinic and the board of directors, and I don't know if that will change at all.

However, the clinic itself is a great place to gain extensive reproductive health skills and to be amongst strong, independent, and passionate women and men, who strive for quality patient-centered care. – less
Great Pay and benefits
Medical Assistant and Receptionist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 7, 2014
A typical day at work would include checking in and out patients, answering phones, and billing. I learned to schedule appointments, work with electronic medical records, and to bill encounters for patient visits. Management gets the job done and is very determined to make sure the health center runs smoothly. My co-workers are all very hard-working – more... individuals. The hardest part of the job would have been the schedule shift times as they were not set at just one time. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients get the care they need and deserve. – less
Productive work place.
Medical Clerk (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 1, 2014
Provided reception between billing and patient services on a daily basis. Verified patient insurance information. Data entry and updated patient information.
You wil learn alot, they have great benifites
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great learning expireance, benifits are good
Cons: shift varies, lo pay
Planned parenthood is great, it was a fantastic learning experience. They have great benefits. The pay is not the greatest and neither is the schedule they opening and closing hours vary including closing at 4 or 5pm on Saturdays.
Outstanding experience
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 24, 2014
Managed an office with 30-40 employees within the company. I corresponded with clients and potential clients. I was third in command within the company; I held weekly meetings with the staff. Dispersed assignments and clients to our paralegal department. Collected payments from clients and balanced account books.
The mission of the organization is great
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2014
I oversee general ledger, grant accounting, accounts payable, and payroll.
Wonderful Experience!
Development Intern (Former Employee), Walla Walla, WAMarch 19, 2014
I was a part-time Development Intern with Planned Parenthood of Walla Walla and was incredibly fulfilled.

I helped organize the annual Wine Auction that consistently raises enough funds to cover non-insured patients for the entire year.

I worked with the Development Director and other volunteers to plan and execute the auction. My duties included:

- – more... Attending meetings
- Asking for donations
- Acting as liaison between wineries and Planned Parenthood staff
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
- Auction set-up and take-down – less
expanded experience in billing to include dental billing
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers bond and pulling together on assignments
Cons: constant change of management
batches of claims come in from my assigned clinics of dental encounters and Super Bills.
I verify all of the CPT codes are compatible with Diagnosis codes and enter all data into the billing system. If there are any copayments, self pay amounts paid by the patient I apply them to the encounters.
verfied patients for sliding fee scale discounts.
followed – more... up on authorizations for dental procedures.
attended monthly team meeting on procedure up dates and give imput on process improvements. – less
Exciting Work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Manteca, CAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: short breaks
Clock in prep rooms, calling patients, vitals signs, assist nurse with procedures
Living the dream
Billing Manager (Current Employee), Chapel Hill, NCMarch 13, 2014
Pros: flexiablity
Cons: distance
My most enjoyable part of this job is seeing a diffrence on paper with the amount of denials daily and the decrease in AR , I have a wonderful eclectic group of coworkers that I will miss dearly. The hardest part of the job is the many demands.. and the commute my daily commute is 180 miles.
I learned alot working at Planned Parenthood, but the pay is low. Also there is no room for growth, it is a small billing department.
Billing Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 10, 2014
Pros: i get to receive experience in all concepts of billing.
Cons: no room for growth, low wages, 35 hours a week only
A typical day at work I would come in, and check my encounters from my centers. Then I would check our clearing house for any claims on hold for errors. Correct those claims on hold then set ready to bill electronically. Answer my voice mail for any messages from patients, staff, or insurances companies. Depending on the day I would then start my cash – more... clearing, by posting money to patients accounts. I cover all basis of back end billing, and coding. Right now I am working on my AR so I am doing a lot of resubmitting, and appealing claims. The most part I enjoy about my job is feeling like I am helping people. – less
Unethical
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Mesquite, TXFebruary 27, 2014
The employees were immature and irresponible. Management was not professional at all.
Productive and educational working at the Health Clinic
Front Desk Security/Receptionist (Former Employee), Portland, ORFebruary 26, 2014
Pros: very thoughtful and compassionate to employees
Cons: not close enough
A typical day of work at Planned Parenthood consisted of filing, organizing, answering multiple phones lines, data input, copying, faxing, spread sheets, interacting with customers and patients, giving information, and checking visitors in.
Dedicated to Women's Health
Health Center Manager (Current Employee), Wilmington, NCFebruary 20, 2014
Dedicated to Women's Health and ensuring the women of Wilmington and surrounding areas obtain the healthcare that is needed.
fast pacework environment
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 19, 2014
Pros: very flexilbe
Cons: short staffed
Interview patients, input patient info in electronic medical records, measures patients vitals. Assist clinician with patient care. Perform data entry, customer service, and responsible for sterilizing instruments, making sure all exam rooms are clean for all patients.
Great place to work in.
Day Supervisor (Current Employee), Boston, MAFebruary 18, 2014
Womens health has always been a passion for me . I am grateful to have had an the chance to work with such a diverse group of women.
Creating a pleasant, and confidential enviorment for both clients and colleagues
Licensed Practioner Nurse (Former Employee), WIFebruary 14, 2014
Pros: healthcare benifits, adiquate lunch breaks
- Prepare Nursing Station for Doctor's clinic
- Take vital signs of patients
- Assessing clients complaints regarding their physical health that day in regards to their Doctor's visit that day.
- As it relates to co-workers, the office environment dictate's total team work.
- The hardest part of the day was completing high numbers of client pap smears – more... due to the high demand of patient flow.
- The most enjoyable part of my day was to see the results of the young mothers; who gravitated to the positive aspects of the Planned Parent program after my consultation. – less
Fast pace environment. Learned many new things
Health Care Specialist/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 11, 2014
It was a great place to work although not much opportunity for growth for this company. Most enjoyable part of this job was being able to work with the public.
Positive, Productive Employment
Phone Support Representative/ Scheduling (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: positive envirionment for womens' rights
Cons: protestors
I enjoyed my employment with Planned Parenthood. They were supportive of women rights with their decisions with their bodies.

1 2 3 4 5

About Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than – Read more

Planned Parenthood Photos