Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood Employer Reviews

Productive and passionate internship opportunity.
Public Affairs Intern (Current Employee), Harrisburg, PAMarch 19, 2015
It has been an amazing experience and opened my eyes to the true hardships that trail the lack of access to women's reproductive rights. It helped me to understand the importance of lobbying, rallying, advocating, and taking part in public affairs.
Womens Health
Nurse Practitioner in patient exams (Former Employee), Claymont, DEMarch 16, 2015
Functioned as a RN office manager and assistant to the nurse practitioner. Did health assessments, teaching, supplies.
Management doesn't respect work you do
Educator (Current Employee), Hempstead, NYMarch 13, 2015
Unappreciative company lacks compensation for time or effort put in to job. Constant unhappiness permeates from every department. Depressing to come to work in the morning.
Great staff
Patient Services Assistant (Former Employee), San Luis Obispo, CAMarch 12, 2015
This office is always busy. I was trained well for this position and was able to handle the work load without getting overwhelmed. I worked with great staff and worked well as a team.
Provides great services and cares about the community.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Naples, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: providing great services to the community, community outreach programs, sliding fee scale offered to our patients, and care about the patients.
Cons: i don't get many benefits, insurance plans are too expensive for me to afford.
My typical work day would include insurance verification, scheduling patients, verifying next-day appointments, translation services, checking patients in and out, answering phones, and faxing. On different occasions I participate in community outreach for health fairs.
Productive and Organized
Office Assistant (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 11, 2015
Very strong place to work at , It varies what Unit you actually work on but for the most part very challenging, Love the people there, very Professional
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Wichita, KSMarch 10, 2015
Pros: great hours
Cons: low pay
Fun busy practice, that offers great educational and outreach programs in different communities. The office is open monday through and offers great holiday pay.
Fun workplace
CO WORKERS WERE FUN
HARDEST PART WAS THE DRIVE BACK TO THE OFFICE IN TRAFFIC
Great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix azFebruary 26, 2015
Great co-workers and great experience. I learned a lot working there both medically, politically and socioeconomically. This a place where you can really make a difference in someone's life by educating them on reproductive health.
They Care
Account Receivable Tech (Former Employee), Houston, TXFebruary 18, 2015
They take pride in caring for their patient and they should. They really do care about their patient health. That was the main reason i stayed for so long. They pay is just way below standard and the employee insurance is not up to standard as well,
The most rewarding job emotionally and financially
Patient Services Assistant III, Clinic Manager (Former Employee), Ventura, CAFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: emotional rewards from helping men and women, incredible team work throughout the clinic
Cons: being on call in the evenings and weekends
Supervising the flow of patients throughout the clinic

Supervising a staff of 10-20 employees performing a variety of tasks from receptionists to medical assistants to Nurse Practitioners.

Bank reconciliations and deposits

Problem solving: client flow, staffing issues, testing results, client issues

Team facilitating, making sure the team worked in a supportive efficient manner. Motivating team work

Dealing with emergency situations if necessary (interaction with the police)

Client and staff scheduling

Assisted physicians and Nurse Practitioners with basic medical procedures

Staff training: customer service
Nice place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Collegeville, PAFebruary 5, 2015
Pros: helping teenagers
Greeting patients, disposing of Birth control methods, helping teenagers, co workers were great and the managers were awesome.
very welcoming office
6 month devoted Volunteer/ Intern (Former Employee), Hayward, CAFebruary 3, 2015
enjoyed my internship at planned parenthood. they taught me alot of the hands on skills i needed to know in order to succeed in the healthcare feild. always felt welcomed
Place to learn and grow
Director of Education (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 1, 2015
Meaningful work aimed at educating, raising awareness and making a difference the lives of all patients/participants. Employees are passionate and committed the mission of the organization. Management supports employee development.
Fast paced
Patient Care Representative (Former Employee), Mansfield, OHJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: work / life balance
Cons: income does not match job requirements
Handling patient inquires, scheduling appointments, reviewing medical charts, medical record/confidentiality; Management not on site and felt that immediate management could not be bothered with the everyday however they had an open door policy; Upper management - was fantastic, very much hands on! Difficult part of the job - how the patients treat you with absolutely no respect and or manners, almost a sense of entitlement no matter if patient was 12 or 67 years old, just pure disbelief. The medical staff that was very polite and courteous.
Very professional work place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXJanuary 26, 2015
Fast paced clinic where you are able to learn everything from front to back office, you gain much experience from everyone.
Overall I enjoyed my time at Planned Parenthood
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), West Islip, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Planned Parenthood is a fast paced busy center. There's always something to do, from setting rooms up for patients to be seen. To, maintaining lab controls and results.
I've learned how to be part of a team, to be more productive and maintain clinic flow.
I utilize the time in-between patients to follow up on abnormal labs, calling in prescriptions and consulting with clinicians on all aspects.
The hardest part of my job is consoling patients through difficult decisions while still maintaining a professional attitude.
The most enjoyable part of my job is educating young people on safe practices.
Worst job experience I ever encountered
Staff Accountant (Former Employee), Lubbock, TexasJanuary 24, 2015
The CEO at the time Tony Thornton was the worst person I have ever worked for. He is no longer CEO of organization. The job duties of being a non profit staff accountant were not the issue with working there.
Commitment to mission is always #1
Director, Affiliate Strategic Restructuring (Current Employee), NationalJanuary 19, 2015
Commitment to mission and the people we serve is always the first priority at Planned Parenthood. Each day brings fresh challenges and inspirational stories that make the day fly by. This is not a job, it is a calling.
Love the organization and proud to be apart of it.
HCA- Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 13, 2015
I love working for Planned Parenthood. The atmosphere is really safe and sympathetic. I have learned so much about reproductive health at the facility, which is exactly what I want to go into. My co-workers are are super friendly and passionate about the organization as well.

1 2 3 4 5

About Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than – Read more

Planned Parenthood Photos