Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood Employer Reviews

Rewarding and Educational Experience
Outreach Ed Spc/Child Victim Advocate (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 10, 2014
What I truly appreciate is that my day was anything but typical in this position. I learned to grow and develop professionally, while building lasting relationships with professionals that I provided my services to. A rewarding aspect was my exposure to the many facets of a differential day, from teaching in a classroom, or residential facility to a – more... community event, while having the opportunity of empowering individuals to make healthy and informed decisions regarding their future. I am forever grateful for the trust, relationships developed and the many opportunities that I encountered. – less
Family oriented
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), East Chicago, INJuly 7, 2014
Great place to learned, great team work and great office management
Love the Mission, love the people
Administrative Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Santa Ana, CAJuly 7, 2014
Pros: 10 hour shifts 4 day work
Planned Parenthood is a wonderful and challenging place to work. Never a dull moment. I believe in what we do and who we do it for. I work with great people who feel the same way.
Busy and continually increasing productivity, leadership
Front Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJuly 5, 2014
Pros: kept me busy and challenged
Managed staff members, coaching staff members to improve productivity, meeting deadline, answering phone calls, calling insurance companies for verification, solving problems with patients, making sure patients are being seen in a timely manner. Assist with hiring and audits, training staff on new protocols.
a close knit organization dedicated to providing quality reproductive health care to women.
Health Center Assistant (Current Employee), Hamilton, NJJuly 5, 2014
Pros: wonderful staff, benefits, flexibility with schedules.
Cons: there is no room for growth in the direction i am headed, i am currently attending school to become an rn, and later pursue my bsn degree.
A day at Planned Parenthood is very unpredictable, but in the best way. From the start of our day, I open our lab and exam rooms and perform control testing. I prepare our clinic for the day ahead and have the proper instruments necessary for each patient visit ready. I am able to anticipate the needs of my manager and clinicians by always paying close – more... attention to the requests of each one and ensuring they have all that they need. I clean, and sterilize the instruments for our clinical procedures several times a week and keep very detailed, organized logs of each time autoclave is used. I perform the proficiency testing for our clinic, submit the results, and keep organized records of documentation. I also ensure every day that our lab is in compliance with government and state regulations, so that when we are audited we are well prepared. I perform phlebotomy and other lab testing as requested such as pregnancy testing, std screening, hemoglobin and urinalysis. I thoroughly enjoy what I do because I am helping to educate women on their reproductive health, birth control choices, I counsel them during difficult times and assure that they are given the proper resources. I enjoy empowering people and making them feel like they're in total control of their health, while influencing them to make healthy choices on a day to day basis. I am able to work in a fast paced environment, while still working efficiently and I am always eager to learn something new. My co-workers are a pleasure to work with and we all work together to make planned parenthood an organization that is patient oriented while also working towards the goals of the company. Our health center manager at Hamilton is an amazing team leader as well as a team player. she ensures that the needs of the clients are getting met, as well as the needs of her employees and that makes for a very pleasant environment to work in. She is willing to educate us on something we may not be familiar with, while giving us the space to learn hands on and expand our level of experience. – less
Loved Working at Planned Parenthood! Sad I had to leave.
Reproductive Healthcare Assistant II (Former Employee), Portage, WIJune 25, 2014
Pros: there is always treats and snacks.
Cons: underpaid, understaffed
I worked at PPWI for almost a year. The affiliate in Wisconsin was awesome. I loved my co-workers and patients and was sad when I had to relocate to Texas with my husband.
it 's who you know not what you know at PPGO
clinician (Former Employee), OhioJune 23, 2014
Pros: easy for anyone to get hired- desperate to fill positions
Cons: if you are ethical you will have no support
Better to look elsewhere for employment satisfaction; lots of chiefs who give themselves big salaries but health center personnel who provide the income for the mission are treated very poorly.
You also may be asked to do things that go against your ethics.
Medical Billing & Collection II Specialist (Current Employee), San Jose, CAJune 19, 2014
Pros: you will learn a lot!
Cons: salary
PPMM is a great place to work. The volume of work makes your work day sail by. The employees and management are awesome!
customer service
Assistant Clinic Supervisor/Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 5, 2014
always making sure we provide execptional customer service
work
/ HCA Medical Assistant (Current Employee), New York, NYJune 3, 2014
Pros: work
Cons: pay no union
they train you very well, it was a friendly environment, work was busy
A busy work place
Health Service Specislist (HSS) (Former Employee), Watsonville, CAJune 3, 2014
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: management sucks, no appreciation for employees
-busy work place
-always something new to learn
-some providers (Drs) are unpleasant to work with
-Management sucks
-they expect a lot from you for nothing in return when you need it
-sometimes they will overwork you with no appreciation
Productive, Professional and Positive
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIJune 2, 2014
Pros: meeting my daily, weekly and monthly quto/ being able to help plan job functions
Cons: having breaks sometime - busy busy daily which is okay with me i prefer.
Showing up every day when you are the only person that does your job.
Meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines on a timely matter.
Must be multi task, work with the accounting department, must be a team player, work well with employees.
Being able to attend job functions on the monthly basis.
humbling
Health Center Assistant (Current Employee), Tampa, FLMay 28, 2014
Overall it's been a humbling experience! Working here has helped me build a lot of character!
Nice work environment, with wide opportunities to grow professionally.
Checkout Specialist (Former Employee), San Jose, CAMay 28, 2014
Pros: great benefits.
Working at Planned Parenthood was an awesome experience. Due to the volume of patients that they have, I learned how to multi-task and work under pressure. Keeping our patients comfortable and providing them with a high quality of service was always our top priority.
Management always gave me the opportunity to grow professionally.I was always trying – more... to learn new things and help in other areas, so management made it possible for me to learn four different positions, and get promoted. My co-workers were always supportive. The fact that we were all working towards the same goal, which was helping the community get good quality of healthcare (pediatrics, primary care, reproductive health, etc), was full-filling. I enjoyed being part of this team. – less
Planned Parenthood - PAPA Office Assistant (Former Employee), Vallejo, CAMay 23, 2014
Volunteer Work Experience

Provided phone assistance and guidance to callers

· Ensure all rules and regulations were acknowledged and abided by Visitors

· Organize Files And Phone Banking Scripts

· Performed daily mandatory front desk assistance within specified offices.
uncomitted to loyalty
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Fort Myers, FLMay 22, 2014
Cons: its who you know that makes the difference
A business that is not loyal to their employees. a employees who was there for 17yrs loses her job to someone who was there for 8 months
Internship at Planned Parenthood
Community Education Intern (Former Employee), Akron, OHMay 19, 2014
I enjoyed several different job skills while participating in the two different internships at Planned Parenthood.
group meeting and updated on family life, personal days to reflect on each
Entitlement Team Leader (Former Employee), New York, NYMay 14, 2014
Pros: free lunches, traveling, tranings
Cons: there were not enought workers to handle the high demand for health insurance
enjoyed the face to face screening
updated training every 6 months on new policy and procedure
enjoyed working for three centers in New York city. felt as though I was working with family members
Overall Planned Parenthood is a great place to work but I am ready for a better work opportunities in a new state.
Contact Center Lead (Current Employee), Aurora, ILMay 12, 2014
My day will vary depending on the needs of the patient's and co-workers. Everyday is a new challenge. I have learned how to provide excellent customer service and how to manage difficult situations.
job security
Health Service Specialist (Current Employee), Salinas, CAMay 8, 2014
great for new medial assistants
working with different people
never gets boring
learn something new every day

1 2 3 4 5

About Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than – Read more

Planned Parenthood Photos