Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews in United States

Interesting and helpfull
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 25, 2016
It's a very fast-paced environment I have acquired so many skills like venipuncture, STI counseling and Medication Abortion counseling. My co-workers are excellent team players unfortunately management lacks experience or education. The hardest part of the job is having to sometimes rush patients out the door because you don't have time do to over booked appts. I love working there because I have the opportunity to help young teens and translate for spanish speaking patients.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No breaks, management is not compassionate toward patients or staff
Good environment, constant protocol change forward and back
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 15, 2016
9-5 day. If slow on patients there isn't a lot of down time work and this can upset admin. Amount of pay not equal to amount of work. Hardest part of job it delegating work as some employees aren't likely to follow an implemented protocol. Working with the population was excellent as you're giving services to people in need at an affordable fee that they cannot obtain at a PCP. Health insurance is below average for a healthcare organization.
Pros
Great interactions with patients, you feel you're making a difference by helping them obtain affordable healthcare
Cons
Health insurance is below average for a healthcare organization
awesome environment, relationships that last a life time
Peer educator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 11, 2016
Good Job, even better employees and the work environment was amazing. We all connected immediately and became like family essentially. my favorite part of the job was giving advice to peers at my school who needed help with a variety of problems weather it was relationship problems or family problems at home I would give them tips and advice on how to get through it all and to remain positive through it all.
Pros
co-workers, eat whenever, pizza every week
Cons
Very nice place to work at, quiet and simple
Lab Technologist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 14, 2016
My schedule is usually from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. On Thursdays, I work from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Sometimes it gets busy sometimes its pleasant work force. My co-workers are really nice, we tend to help each other at times of difficulties. Because it is a new center, the management part is still a little unstable. I learned how to run Quality controls, run blood test and how to documents results both electronically and manually.
My Busy day's
Health Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 9, 2016
My typical day would be extremely busy, I enjoy the fast pace work environment. Through my experiences I have learned to be patient and to listen to patients when they are talking all information is vital to proper health care. Im a happy go lucky girl I get along with everyone and all my friends are former co- workers who I still hang with today. The hardest part of my job is getting to know a patient and seeing them pass.The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to get to know the patients I treat, and laughing with them.
Pros
New people
Cons
Good Health Insurance
Horrible Place to Work
Center Manager- Family Planning (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 8, 2016
Worked for this organization in Wilmington, DE and I must say this by far was the worst organization I've worked for. There was constant turnover due to the horrible work conditions. Management did not know how to effectively manage and as a result, set unrealistic expectations and demands on their employees. Definitely not a family friendly atmosphere. Would not recommend anyone to work for this organization in the Delaware area.
Pros
Cons
Not Family Oriented, Inconsistent work hours, inexperienced senior management
Reproductive and fun place to work. Great compensation and benefits.
Reproductive Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 18, 2016
Company has great benefits when it comes to insurance; medical and life. Also has a retirement plan and options with medical and dental insurance. I like that clinicians allow medical assistants to participate and assist and procedures. Work environment is great everyone works as a team. Only bad thing is that company would no be willing to work around school schedule and degree is required to advance to management positions.
Pros
Two different work schedules available
Cons
Short breaks
Productive and enjoyable
Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 6, 2016
Starts with morning coffee and co-workers who are glad to see you
Most friendly and compassionate people you'll ever meet.
Management will give you constructive criticism, that always helps with phone calls with patients
Co-workers will help with any question you have and are very nice and friendly.
You must have thick skin to get through protesters who call. but once again management and co-workers are willing to help you through all of it.
Most enjoyable part is being with amazing, head strong, great people.
Great Mission
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 11, 2016
The mission of the organization is what motivates the work day by day. In this role a person really learns about the way various schools work and becomes aware of the gap in comprehensive reproductive justice education. This is a great way to make a direct impact in the lives of young people in Chicago.
Pros
Great network
Cons
Opportunities for Professional Dvelopment
Scandal
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCApril 9, 2016
Although this company had great insurance, this company also had hidden things that were not ran by employees clearly. They treated their employees as if "slaves" with no lunch breaks and no chances to call out if sick or had an emergencies. They would write their employees up for the most ridiculous things and were not flexible with hours unless it benefited them. I would not recommend this area to work for unless you have no childern

Want to know more about Planned Parenthood?

Ask a question
Pt Flow,cycle time
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeastern, PAApril 23, 2016
PPSP continues to see a large amount of pt. through out the day. Productivity is steady. Cycle time and getting pt. out with in the hour can be challenging. Never the less we maintain flow put our best foot forward and provide the excellent customer service to reinsure our pt.'s. are receiving the best care and service.
Pros
Free birthcontrol
Cons
working to reiensure each pt. cycle through in an hour.
Focus on women's healthcare
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTMarch 26, 2016
Non-profit culture in which everyone needs to make sacrifices. Great focus on women's healthcare and helping those who otherwise might not receive sufficient medical services. The hardest part of working with any small company is not much room to grow or money to support growth (i.e. no tuition reimbursement).
Pros
Non-profit culture helping women and men access to excellent gynecologic health care
Cons
Not much room to grow in a small business
excellent goals to help woman around the country
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAApril 8, 2016
Overall it is a great company, some management make it hard to work there since they do not help you grow within the company and don't work with you on personal issues.
Pros
free birth control for employees, benefits
Cons
don't help you succeed with in the company, not enought opportunities to grow, dont work with you on time off needed, not even for emergencies
Great environment to work in
Health Care Associate Supervisor- HCA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 20, 2016
Training/Supervising Medical Assistants in vital signs, scheduling/rescheduling appointments, photocopying, sterilizing medical Instruments and counseling pts for birth control choices. I love working here, making a difference in the community.
Pros
Experience
Great Medical Assistant Experience
Medical Assistant/RHS III (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 18, 2016
My experience at this organization started with my passion for helping people, women's reproductive rights, and access to quality healthcare. Throughout my career I had many ups at Planned Parenthood but with the rapid growth of the organization Overall great experience.
Pros
non-profit, affordable healthcare, flexibility, cross training in front office/back office
Cons
salary, benefits, protestors, employee moral at times, lack of communication, non-qualified staff in certain roles
Very fun team to work for
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bemidji, MNMay 11, 2016
I really enjoyed working here. There were very fun patients and staff that you worked with everyday. There were always meetings and staff updates that would bring us all together and keep us in the know at work. rewarding to help others with healthcare that cannot afford it.
Pros
your team is your family
Cons
theres always one bad egg
Great Benefits and wage.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2016
Loved working for Planned Parenthood! The staff is amazing. Everybody you meet is super sweet. So many job positions with this company, I've worked here 2 years and have yet to meet everyone who works for Planned Parenthood. They try to reward you for going above and beyond with paid days off and sometimes gift cards! I dislike how often things are constantly changing with the company.
Pros
Benefits, employee perks, co-workers
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks. Constant changes.
Productive, excellent employees, was able to training others under my supervision.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC 29403March 15, 2016
Assisting Physician with assignments, learning new procedures and changes to EMR/EHR software, advance in phlebotomy, supervised other employees, busy and productive days, well-mannered and office full of team players, adjusting to decreased hours, able to get through a hectic work day and making sure patient was very satisfied of the care they receive from the staff.
Pros
Building relationships, basic care
Cons
Seeing patients struggle with bad news, unruly patients
Horrible managers, poor training, very unprofessional
HCA (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 30, 2016
Planned Parenthood is ran extremely bad. The managers show up late, cuss and yell in front of patients, and are generally horrible. The environment there makes employees hate their jobs, and patients say they will never come back.
Pros
Okay pay, but not worth what you have to put up with
Cons
Bad managment
Hours of operation were good, enjoyed the front office, great opportunity!
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJuly 22, 2016
I absolutely loved working here, and the hours were perfect for me. I couldn't have asked for a better place to allow me to work for them. I'm always excited to start something new, and meet new people, and I was given the opportunity here.