Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Detail place to work!!
Health Center Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2015
Very detailed place to work, with wonderful knowledge of the billing in healthcare. Involved with patient care and aim for success.
Fun and productive workplace
Peer Educator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 16, 2015
Stared off with minutes from our last workday. We only worked two days a week for two hours unless we had an event or play coming up but only a few of us would be in a skit based on however many characters – more... were in it. My co workers were so much fun! It was nothing but about 12-17 high school students working together to create skits and perform them in front of our peers. My supervisor was an old member of the group but a college student who was amazing and fun but serious and stern when need be. – less
I love this internship.
Education Intern (Former Employee), OKJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great enviorment
Cons: Not many positions available
I loved every minute of my internship and I wish there was a opening for me to apply to. If you are interested in this line of work you should consider this place.
Great fun place to work
Project Manager/Medical Application Specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 7, 2015
Planned Parenthood deals with many public issues daily. The people are great and the work is even better. Helping others who truly appreciate you and all you do is rewarding.
Great Place to Work
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
Loved it here and the corrodery is amazing. I love working with all of my co-workers and to be at a workplace where there is a mission and purpose makes it worthwhile.
great place to work
Business Systems and Integrity Specialist (Former Employee), WisconsinJune 28, 2015
I loved the mission based work. Planned Parenthood is a great place to work. Days were ever changing and never boring. I loved the people there.
Internship work experience
Health Care Administration Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 24, 2015
I volunteered my time to completed a internship at Planned Parenthood. I worked with a variety of management and departments. I worked in accounting, services, education, billing and with the Vice President of Administration.
Serves the community in the way it needs
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WAJune 23, 2015
*A typical day at work would include M-F about 9-5 with some flexible hours.
*I have learned many different skills working at Planned Parenthood for several years including how to maintain patient confidentiality – more... and understanding for the needs of women in healthcare settings.
*I think the management can vary from clinic to clinic.
*We have gone through many co-workers throughout my time with the company. Many of who are returning to further their education. Some will come back and work per-diem.
*The hardest part of the job is remembering that each individual has a story that you may not know about and you always have to assume the best.
*The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to help individuals during a time that can be very emotional or embarrassing for them. – less
Working in a small office is fun to work in the warehouse.
PURCHASING CLERK (Former Employee), National City, CAJune 22, 2015
Pros: During my lunch hour, I can go for a briefly walk when done eating.
Cons: Reading and learning a lot of policies are not fun to do.
Working environment is a normal and routine are the typical day at work. I learned a lot of details on the computer to access the information in the system. Management is a great to work with and also with the co workers, too. Sitting a long period of time is hardest part of job. Working with co workers as a teamwork is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Wonderful place to work.
Reproductive Counselor (Former Employee), New York, NYJune 22, 2015
Pros: Free lunches on Saturdays, Breaks were expected, love the people.
Cons: Pay was a little low.
Interviewed clients daily to obtain medical needs and history. Met with over 20 clients a day. Daily paper work, counseling, informed clients concerning HIV, family planning, birth control, HPV etc. Learned – more... how to listen and observe behavior concerning client's emotional state. In addition improved my skills as a crisis counselor. Co-workers were very easy to get along with and supportive. The hardest part of the job was working with victims, due to their pain and suffering, and not being able to continue to see them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for those who were in need. – less
Life changing every day
"MSM" Outreach Educator (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHJune 19, 2015
The ability to be personable, and to utilize all of your skills, is what makes this job ideal. Effective open communication, with a great management team, although hours could be extensive, the ability to change someones life is what makes it all worth while.
Great Company
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist-OBGYN (Former Employee), Lakewood, CAJune 15, 2015
I worked here for 7 years and enjoyed everyday of it. Planned Parenthood provides great services to people with or without insurance.
fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJune 10, 2015
Its a great environment and a fun place to work. A lot of hands on experience and very fast paced. Very easy to catch onto things and everyone is always willing to lend a helping hand
strong mission values
HCA III Center Coordinator/Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Cleveland, OHJune 9, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: management
The company believes in helping and assisting their patients and in the mission of choice. Fun coworkers, fun projects, some improvements could be acceptable, as with any career.
Great services and staff.
Bilingual Surgical Assistant (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDJune 6, 2015
Pros: A lot of training in different areas.
Cons: No set schedule .
MY typical work day is arriving in at 9am, leaving when the last patient leaves. We have a great team that makes my job a lot easier. The hardest part of my job is not having a set schedule to plan around.
Great place to work.
Certified Enrollment Counselor (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAJune 3, 2015
Pros: Great atmosphere
Cons: Poor planning
Planned Parenthood is great to work for. Very welcoming and it seems everyone knows each other. The health centers are very well maintained and modern. Great place over all.
Job Security
Health Center (Former Employee), Waco, TXJune 3, 2015
Pros: health care benifits
Cons: job securtity
exciting, fulfilling
excellent customer service skills, insurance billing
fair
excellent team players
not knowing when lay offs would occur
helping others
I strive to provide quality patient care by providing contraceptive, prenatal, and abortion education and assessment.
Staff RN III (Former Employee), Riverside and Rancho Mirage, CAJune 2, 2015
My typical day at work including contraceptive counseling, therapeutic abortion counseling; insertion and removal of IV line; Perform recovery room responsibilities; occasionally provide conscious sedation. Provide counseling and assessment for Essure, IUD.
Ok place to work
CLINIC ASSISTANT (Current Employee), Bettendorf, IAJune 2, 2015
Pros: PTO was outstanding
Cons: No lunch breaks or breaks in general, no match on 401k
I absolutely loved my job but I think with better management things would have been a lot different in the way our day was run. I have learned a lot from this job and have definitely grown in my knowledge – more... of computer skills and customer service skills as well as compassion for patients. I enjoyed all of my coworkers and have made lifelong friends from this job as well. I really enjoyed everything that we provided for women as a whole. – less
This was different
Lead Healthcare Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 29, 2015
All in all this was a great company to work for. The training and education is endless. I would recommend this organization to entry level healthcare workers.