Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Great mission but not so great with staff
Director (Former Employee), MarylandAugust 24, 2015
Pros: helping woman
Cons: No work life balance at all
Being in upper management I saw a different side to PPM. They have a great mission but they do not support their staff the way they should.
Be aware
Recovery Room Care Staff Nurse (Former Employee), New Haven, CTAugust 23, 2015
they treat their employees awful, no room to grow, no time for family, you d learn a lot but at the cost of perhaps your health. There are other places to get your loans paid. Don't do it here.
productive work place, always learning new things
MEDICAL RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee), Oakland, CAAugust 22, 2015
Cons: short brakes
I enjoyed working with my co-workers, we all got along and we all helped each other with any kind of assistance we needed.We all were a team player.
Non profit healthcare
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee), Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2015
Pros: Location and distant to work
Cons: Lack of steady hours due to being non-profit supporting role
Processed orders for over 100 clinics nationwide. Placed supply orders with approximately 20 different vendors. Worked with AP to resolve invoicing issues.
Great job for experience
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee), Savannah, GAAugust 14, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: management
No room for movement unless I had schooling. So I quit and went to school. Great job for experience, taught me a lot. Co-workers were not so great and neither was the management. The hardest part of the job was being pro women all the time, no matter the subject. You can not have an opinion unless it is theirs.
Supportive place to work
Clinical Manager (Former Employee), Albany, NYAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Pleasant work enviorment
Cons: Grant base position
During my time working for Upper Hudson Planned Parenthood, could never be replaced. Between the clients we served, the work environment and co-workers, made the days enjoyable.
Patient & Staff Driven Work Enviroment
Health Center Manager / Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Livonia, MIAugust 12, 2015
Managed the operations of a satalite facility. Ensured the optimum functioning operations of the faciity through budgeting, organization, and training on a daily basis. I worked with the staff in both the clinical setting as well as completing my managerial duties.
Opportunity to assist women in their health care.
Head Cashier/Office Assistant (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOAugust 12, 2015
I would accept payment for services and apply in Emedsys.
I was able to work with a variety of people in many cultural situations, both co-workers and clients.
Fun mission driven place to work
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee), Pasadena, CAAugust 4, 2015
Great growth within the organization
Small Non profit
Mission Driven
Human Resources experience
Love that Planned Parenthood is there for the community
fun place to work great hours
Maintenance/Custodian (Former Employee), Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
Pros: working mon. thru fri. getting off at 130 pm everyday.
Cons: part time hours
a typical day would begin with cleaning the parking lot pick up loose trash, set up rooms for meetings. first impression is the best impression was a learning curve good bosses is always a plus. keeping the parking lot clean was the hardest part. it was great getting off early and having week ends and holidays off.
Work Place
Reproductive Health Specialist (Current Employee), Central RichmondJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Somewhat flexible with school schedule
Cons: Little pay, no aid wth school finiacially.
I enjoy working for Planned Parenthood. They have provided me with an opportunity to work first hand with Nurse Practitioners and Physician Assistance.
Intern
Internship (Former Employee), Southeastern, PAJuly 30, 2015
Great place to work - the staff and office culture was extremely interesting! I was able to learn a lot about the mission and the hard work that goes into Plan Parenthood!
love my coworkers
medical assistant (Current Employee), little rockJuly 27, 2015
Pros: teamwork
Cons: short breaks
My day starts with preparing the exam rooms and running controls. I also have to restock each room with information and gloves etc. I then document fridge temps etc. I document the patients history bring them back obtain vitals discuss what brings them in the office and document appropriately. I also draw the patients blood for any labs and do urine tests if needed.
Detail place to work!!
Health Center Manager (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJuly 19, 2015
Very detailed place to work, with wonderful knowledge of the billing in healthcare. Involved with patient care and aim for success.
Fun and productive workplace
Peer Educator (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYJuly 16, 2015
Stared off with minutes from our last workday. We only worked two days a week for two hours unless we had an event or play coming up but only a few of us would be in a skit based on however many characters were in it. My co workers were so much fun! It was nothing but about 12-17 high school students working together to create skits and perform them in front of our peers. My supervisor was an old member of the group but a college student who was amazing and fun but serious and stern when need be.
I love this internship.
Education Intern (Former Employee), OKJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great enviorment
Cons: Not many positions available
I loved every minute of my internship and I wish there was a opening for me to apply to. If you are interested in this line of work you should consider this place.
Great fun place to work
Project Manager/Medical Application Specialist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIJuly 7, 2015
Planned Parenthood deals with many public issues daily. The people are great and the work is even better. Helping others who truly appreciate you and all you do is rewarding.
Great Place to Work
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 29, 2015
Loved it here and the corrodery is amazing. I love working with all of my co-workers and to be at a workplace where there is a mission and purpose makes it worthwhile.
great place to work
Business Systems and Integrity Specialist (Former Employee), WisconsinJune 28, 2015
I loved the mission based work. Planned Parenthood is a great place to work. Days were ever changing and never boring. I loved the people there.
Internship work experience
Health Care Administration Intern (Former Employee), Denver, COJune 24, 2015
I volunteered my time to completed a internship at Planned Parenthood. I worked with a variety of management and departments. I worked in accounting, services, education, billing and with the Vice President of Administration.