Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Promotes to manager within 4 year but.....
Health Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVNovember 3, 2016
I was hired without any prior experience in anything. The training is horrible. I was left to train myself for the posistion. I was promoted to manager after 4 year, again with no prior managerial experience or schooling but was fired a year later due to job performance. I was always told I would be getting training from one of our affiliates managers but that never happened so of course my work suffered. I LOVED working with the group of gals I had. That was the best part of my job besides helping our low income patients get the care they needed. Great place to work but upper management and training need improved. I would stay away from working with the planned parenthood south Atlantic affiliate.
Pros
Co workers, flexibility of schedule
Cons
Salary, management, training, communication
Great cause and patients
ARNP (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 31, 2016
Great place to work, most people are dedicated. Salary is far below others in the area. Most management is fabulous, unfortunately some leadership lack experience and do not know what they are doing. They show it when you express your opinion and they then punish you for it, if it does not coincide with theirs.
Can be difficult to grow in your position and want to be involved. Unless you are in leadership, ideas are not taken serious.
Patients are wonderful and we need to expand our serves. Very worthy cause and we touch a lot of lives. We do amazing things with the community and patients.
Pros
Patients and most leadership
Cons
Salary and some leadership
fun place to work
Financial Assessment Rep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 13, 2016
Served as a Medicaid Liason in completing Medicaid and Family Planning applications.
Interviewed the patients and determined eligibility for health insurance.
Completed applications for Medicaid and Family Planning programs.
Followed up with the County on applications that went for review.
Updated insurance information once applications were approved and recycled claims.
Assisted patients with my bilingual skills as needed.
Worked on spreadsheet and updated it on a daily basis as insurance went into effect.
Pros
free parking
Cons
need more benefits
Be aware
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 10, 2016
Although Planned Parenthood says that they're "non profit"they are totally for profit.The needs of the patients are secondary to the wants of the organization.Show rates and revenue superceed patient care and quality time spent with each patient.There is little or no communication from management unless it's negative feedback or demands from them in regards to "selling"or trying to get higher Google or Yelp reviews.There are many compliance issues and any seasoned Medical Assistant with education and experience will quickly notice but will be depicted as "negative"if you attempt to question or address those issues.There is always staffing issues,no room for growth,compensation is terrible,and no workplace diversity.Everyone is over worked,under paid,and burned out!!!!You are told fabrications when hired but soon will notice there's no structure or compassion from management for the patients or staff.If you want to work for a reputable company that values you as an employee...a person period,this isn't the organization to be a part of!!!!!
Pros
Encounters with the patients and coworkers
Cons
Compensation, terrible management with no support or communication, and no workplace diversity
Fast paced enviroment
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 11, 2016
As a contact center representative there is no down time. The job is fast paced and several job requirments are always changing, so you must be adaptable to change and learn to adjust. There is no time for personal engagment with your co-workers due to the amount of work and calls you have to take throughout the day. The hardest part of the job can be the constant change whether that may be on what is required to say to patients or the changes from insurances you have to verify on a daily basis. The job requires multi-tasking, writing/ oral skills, and basic understanding of computer programs. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to inform, educate, and help patients.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
short breaks
NP/Clinician II
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 15, 2016
So I just got hired there recently as a nurse practitioner, I have been having a hard time finding employment with benefits, good pay, retirement and room for growth other than just being a NP.
Even though I have not been at the company long, I can certainly say that the salary and benefits are good. Much better than working in a private doctors office. I totally recommend it if you are looking for a secure job. I have heard there is a high turn over, but I think it is because they hire new grads and the new grads want to get out and find a better place. I, however, feel like this is one of the top non profit places you can work. As previously work as a hospital floor nurse I was used to certain benefits and actually thought my benefits were typical, but hospital large companies benefits are hard to come by at doctors offices. Not to mention that they have no real corporate structure like PPLA.
Pros
Benefits, corporate structure with regular raises.
Cons
women's health can get boring after a while
Not like any other company
HCA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2016
The Planned Parenthood experience is horrible out here in GA. Nothing like in CA. Don't waste your time. No raises, No employee recognition. They show favoritism ALOT!! The advance people that are not even skilled. Don't waste your talents.
Pros
good co-wokers
Cons
management and admin
Reproductive and fun place to work. Great compensation and benefits.
Reproductive Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 18, 2016
Company has great benefits when it comes to insurance; medical and life. Also has a retirement plan and options with medical and dental insurance. I like that clinicians allow medical assistants to participate and assist and procedures. Work environment is great everyone works as a team. Only bad thing is that company would no be willing to work around school schedule and degree is required to advance to management positions.
Pros
Two different work schedules available
Cons
Short breaks
great co-workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 18, 2016
very busy, too many patients and not enough employees. It is not for someone who wants to sit on their butt. Very active with lots of information to go over with patients
Pros
co-workers
Cons
benefits, management, training
Okay place to work for
Sr. Call Center Specialist/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2016
Compensation is not what they advertise, as competitive pay. One works so hard for minimum pay.

Okay place to begin knowledge of the medical field.
Good work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 19, 2016
This job is hard but the work is rewarding. Employees are tired and work very hard. benefits are good and holidays off are amazing. Patients are wonderful
Great Company
Certified Application Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 23, 2016
good benefits and great working environment. good pay and management is reliable and helpful. co-workers are great and diverse.
Great Medical Assistant Experience
Medical Assistant/RHS III (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 18, 2016
My experience at this organization started with my passion for helping people, women's reproductive rights, and access to quality healthcare. Throughout my career I had many ups at Planned Parenthood but with the rapid growth of the organization Overall great experience.
Pros
non-profit, affordable healthcare, flexibility, cross training in front office/back office
Cons
salary, benefits, protestors, employee moral at times, lack of communication, non-qualified staff in certain roles
nothing worse than working for DE pph
clinician (Former Employee) –  DelawareAugust 24, 2016
Honestly the MOST disrespectful management I have ever encountered in my ENTIRE career. It was shocking how degrading management was to the very people providing services to clients.
Clients were generally easy to work with, But the 'frequent fliers' were
frankly too used to high quality , 'free' care and were allowed to abuse the system.
Very poor system as a whole, unsafe practices, (ie: HCA's performing jobs they are in NO WAY allowed by law to do.).
There were very clear racial preferences toward employees by management., Did not value clinicians.
One particular MD provider who used to mentally mark off her college savings fund for her child on AB days. Did as many as possible with absolutely no compassion or caring. just the paycheck.
Pros
it was a paycheck when I needed one
Cons
yikes, just read !
The worst ever
Health Center Assistant/ Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 12, 2016
At time of hire I was told I would be full-time employee it's been months and still nothing. Management is awful, they make you work your butts off and you are not well compensated for all the work you do. No place for advancement they have denied me the opportunity to get a promotion from my previous manager. They never appreciate the work any of us do to keep the clinic running. They want us to treat patients very well, yet they don't start by treating their employees how they deserve. Just stay away from this place. The experience is great for entry level position but over all their place is awful.
Pros
Cons
Everything: Pay, stress, underappreciated.! Stay away.
excellent goals to help woman around the country
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAApril 8, 2016
Overall it is a great company, some management make it hard to work there since they do not help you grow within the company and don't work with you on personal issues.
Pros
free birth control for employees, benefits
Cons
don't help you succeed with in the company, not enought opportunities to grow, dont work with you on time off needed, not even for emergencies
ppla
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2016
busy place to work at, great to obtain a lot of experience for OB/GYN and entry level. Mostly P.A.'s and N.P.'s that see patients regarding family planning services. Lots of changes in management while employed. No expectations in salary changes or advancements.
Pros
starter job
If you truly care...
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  OHFebruary 22, 2016
The organization need an overhaul in many ways.
Con...
- Lack of employee retention, job satisfaction and compensation.
- Inefficient IT software and hardware
- lacking career and education advancement
- inconsistent training
- Repetitive, poor culture and low morale
- No leadership, lack of organizational structure
- and more...

Pro...
The ones who stay, truly cares, if you do get to help that one person truly in need, it is worth it...
Great Benefits and wage.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2016
Loved working for Planned Parenthood! The staff is amazing. Everybody you meet is super sweet. So many job positions with this company, I've worked here 2 years and have yet to meet everyone who works for Planned Parenthood. They try to reward you for going above and beyond with paid days off and sometimes gift cards! I dislike how often things are constantly changing with the company.
Pros
Benefits, employee perks, co-workers
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks. Constant changes.
Love it Great
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 27, 2016
staff is great, hours and benefits awesome! planned parenthood is the place to go if you want warm and friendly welcoming from the staff for your health services

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood. Our community is ready to answer.