Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews in United States

nothing worse than working for DE pph
clinician (Former Employee) –  DelawareAugust 24, 2016
Honestly the MOST disrespectful management I have ever encountered in my ENTIRE career. It was shocking how degrading management was to the very people providing services to clients.
Clients were generally easy to work with, But the 'frequent fliers' were
frankly too used to high quality , 'free' care and were allowed to abuse the system.
Very poor system as a whole, unsafe practices, (ie: HCA's performing jobs they are in NO WAY allowed by law to do.).
There were very clear racial preferences toward employees by management., Did not value clinicians.
One particular MD provider who used to mentally mark off her college savings fund for her child on AB days. Did as many as possible with absolutely no compassion or caring. just the paycheck.
Pros
it was a paycheck when I needed one
Cons
yikes, just read !
overall very good, eveyone is great
Healthcare assistant (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaAugust 13, 2016
A typical day would start by taking a look at the schedule an set up for the day, open exam rooms ,stock, open system ( EHR). I have learned how not to be a non-judgmental towards anyone . Hardest part of the job to me would be seeing a lot of patients with STD and having to draw their blood and abortion services
Pros
PTO, direct deposit, enjoy interacting with patients and co-workers
Cons
short breaks, late days, work every sat
Productive workplace
Consultant on Performance Improvement, (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 4, 2016
Multiple improvement strategies implemented, with significant positive changes in the quality of care provided and in the work environment.
Productive and Fun
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 23, 2016
I enjoyed working for the company. I was trained on new and exciting software. Management was awesome. Working with the community was a wonderful experience.
Pros
Flexible and great overtime
Cons
Short in staffing
Great Company
Certified Application Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 23, 2016
good benefits and great working environment. good pay and management is reliable and helpful. co-workers are great and diverse.
Hours of operation were good, enjoyed the front office, great opportunity!
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Middletown, OHJuly 22, 2016
I absolutely loved working here, and the hours were perfect for me. I couldn't have asked for a better place to allow me to work for them. I'm always excited to start something new, and meet new people, and I was given the opportunity here.
Great environment to work in
Health Care Associate Supervisor- HCA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJuly 20, 2016
Training/Supervising Medical Assistants in vital signs, scheduling/rescheduling appointments, photocopying, sterilizing medical Instruments and counseling pts for birth control choices. I love working here, making a difference in the community.
Pros
Experience
Great Mission
Education Coordinator (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJuly 11, 2016
The mission of the organization is what motivates the work day by day. In this role a person really learns about the way various schools work and becomes aware of the gap in comprehensive reproductive justice education. This is a great way to make a direct impact in the lives of young people in Chicago.
Pros
Great network
Cons
Opportunities for Professional Dvelopment
Nice place to work
Health Center Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 5, 2016
I love working with patients. The number of different insurances we take can be a challenge at times but if we can provide services, worth the time needed to analyze. I have wonderful co-workers and good support from management.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Micromanaged at times
Interesting and helpfull
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tracy, CAJune 25, 2016
It's a very fast-paced environment I have acquired so many skills like venipuncture, STI counseling and Medication Abortion counseling. My co-workers are excellent team players unfortunately management lacks experience or education. The hardest part of the job is having to sometimes rush patients out the door because you don't have time do to over booked appts. I love working there because I have the opportunity to help young teens and translate for spanish speaking patients.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No breaks, management is not compassionate toward patients or staff
Great company with lots of advancement
Clinical Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJune 25, 2016
Moved and came back to work with this company and have seen a great improvement. There is a lot more extensive training. A lot of room for growth and advancement and they also increased the pay!
Cons
Half hour lunch
great
Medical Assistant II (Current Employee) –  Lawndale, CAJune 16, 2016
great work in the community.

love helping people in community.
sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
Pros
giving back
Cons
pay
Good environment, constant protocol change forward and back
Patient Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 15, 2016
9-5 day. If slow on patients there isn't a lot of down time work and this can upset admin. Amount of pay not equal to amount of work. Hardest part of job it delegating work as some employees aren't likely to follow an implemented protocol. Working with the population was excellent as you're giving services to people in need at an affordable fee that they cannot obtain at a PCP. Health insurance is below average for a healthcare organization.
Pros
Great interactions with patients, you feel you're making a difference by helping them obtain affordable healthcare
Cons
Health insurance is below average for a healthcare organization
Very nice place to work at, quiet and simple
Lab Technologist (Current Employee) –  Queens, NYJune 14, 2016
My schedule is usually from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. On Thursdays, I work from 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Sometimes it gets busy sometimes its pleasant work force. My co-workers are really nice, we tend to help each other at times of difficulties. Because it is a new center, the management part is still a little unstable. I learned how to run Quality controls, run blood test and how to documents results both electronically and manually.
awesome environment, relationships that last a life time
Peer educator (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 11, 2016
Good Job, even better employees and the work environment was amazing. We all connected immediately and became like family essentially. my favorite part of the job was giving advice to peers at my school who needed help with a variety of problems weather it was relationship problems or family problems at home I would give them tips and advice on how to get through it all and to remain positive through it all.
Pros
co-workers, eat whenever, pizza every week
My Busy day's
Health Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 9, 2016
My typical day would be extremely busy, I enjoy the fast pace work environment. Through my experiences I have learned to be patient and to listen to patients when they are talking all information is vital to proper health care. Im a happy go lucky girl I get along with everyone and all my friends are former co- workers who I still hang with today. The hardest part of my job is getting to know a patient and seeing them pass.The most enjoyable part of my job is having the opportunity to get to know the patients I treat, and laughing with them.
Pros
New people
Cons
Good Health Insurance
Horrible Place to Work
Center Manager- Family Planning (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 8, 2016
Worked for this organization in Wilmington, DE and I must say this by far was the worst organization I've worked for. There was constant turnover due to the horrible work conditions. Management did not know how to effectively manage and as a result, set unrealistic expectations and demands on their employees. Definitely not a family friendly atmosphere. Would not recommend anyone to work for this organization in the Delaware area.
Pros
Cons
Not Family Oriented, Inconsistent work hours, inexperienced senior management
Horrible managers, poor training, very unprofessional
HCA (Former Employee) –  Muncie, INMay 30, 2016
Planned Parenthood is ran extremely bad. The managers show up late, cuss and yell in front of patients, and are generally horrible. The environment there makes employees hate their jobs, and patients say they will never come back.
Pros
Okay pay, but not worth what you have to put up with
Cons
Bad managment
Medical Assistant / Phlebotomy Technician (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIMay 28, 2016
Everyone is very friendly hard working and a loving place. Everyone is family there. most people will stay there forever. Getting a job there is hard to come by.
fun busy place to work at
RMA II (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSMay 24, 2016
i learned so many new things with planned parenthood I had the oppertunity to meet new people and to attended several activities involving planned parent hood, the ability to grow with the company, and venture off to new areas