Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Horrible joke place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2017
HR was a joke and never even answered phone calls from clinic. Clinic supervisors didn't care about patients or their staff. Their pay is nothing and no where near most medical positions salary. HIPAA and OSHA problems, have you lie when getting audited. No training only 3 days at business office to sit at a desk and most MA's never get fully trained here. Ridiculous. I love planned parenthood but the Arizona one makes them all look bad.
Some Good Some Bad
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2017
PPPSW admin office mission is great location to work on San Diego. The computer system is very easy to learn and basically the company is easy flowing if you have medical billing,admin,or insurance knowledge you will fit in there is little to No training and the supervisors are far from truthful with help and how things are going with company.
Pros
Location, dress attire very casual
Cons
Benefits are very costly, Lack of communication/honesty from dept.leads
Medical intersting
Medical/Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 10, 2017
Working in the medical field I enjoyed the tasks. Front office clerical duties, pulling patient files, setting up medical rooms for patients, Enjoyed all my experiences as a team player with a diverse environment.
Pros
Medical Experience
Excellent
Medical assistant (Current Employee) –  Glendora, CAMay 8, 2017
A typical day at work is usually hectic and very fast moving, just the way I like it. Its is a smooth flow with every one working together as a team and communicating through out the day. Working here I have learned to ask questions and ask for help when needed. I have learned how to manage my time with patients better. The hardest part of the job is when your short staffed and it shows with how long patients have been in the office and they become frustrated with the wait time. The best part though is when they leave happy knowing we gave them the care they needed and wanted.
Great medical office job
Office worker and patient assistance. (Former Employee) –  Keokuk, IAMay 5, 2017
I completely loved the staff the environment and clean office. Work was fun not overly stressful environment and I would have stayed if I did not want to further my education.
Pros
Staff, Cleanliness, and job overall.
Cons
None besides me moving for college at Kirkworrd.
Care, no matter what
Health Center staff (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 4, 2017
What planned parenthood does for the community is impeccable. Providing care to everyone no matter, age, income, or insurance. Education to patients is also of vital importance.
Planned Parenthood
Intern for Planned Parenthood (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 30, 2017
I love this job because it was based on my major and it allowed me to connect with other young adults that want to change the world one condom at a time.
Volunteer
Front Desk Volunteer / Clinic Escort (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 30, 2017
I am a volunteer for Planned Parenthood, so I cannot speak to what benefits or salary are provided for the job. I love the culture of the organization and the management is full of wonderful people.
An amazing time
Peer Educator (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 27, 2017
My time at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte has been fantastic. Even though I am just an intern, my job is amazing. I get to do community outreach, a job that is satisfying and gratifying. Most people are incredibly receptive to our services, I have heard so many stories from people who thank us for the job we do. It incredible to work with people making a difference in my community.
Pros
Free condoms, free stickers, good hours, breaks
Productive and educational work place
Teen Link (Former Employee) –  240 mulberry st Newark,NjApril 26, 2017
Planned Parenthood is a great job experience because you learn about things that you are aware of but may not have a lot of knowledge such as STD's and contraceptives and where to get help when you need it .
Pros
Free service for teens
Cons
No cons
Ppgnhi
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAApril 25, 2017
Horrible place to work; the management is very discriminative and racist! I would never want to work here again! They make the company look horrible. HiPPA violations all across the board, on social media and texting while on the phone. Management said they don't care!
Great working experience
File Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 24, 2017
Love working for this employer. A lot to learn and very fast pace. Getting to learn a lot about medical terminology was very exciting. Love this employer
Productive and amazing place to work.
Clinical Research Coordinator Assistant (Current Employee) –  Manchester, CTApril 24, 2017
Educating women and men about reproductive health is the best part of my job. The connections that we have with our patients make it more comfortable to come back into our centers.
The best mission driven people
Manager (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 22, 2017
Working at PPLM means that you're surrounded by some of the most caring, mission driven people you will ever meet.

Management sometimes gets in its own way.
Friendly work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 22, 2017
This was my first job as a Medical Assistant. The staff were pleasant and hard worker like myself. Working at Planned Parenthood, I was about to use my skills that I learned from school. With the education and teaching from the MDs and NPs, I was able to learn new tasks that was outside of my level of credentials. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with the MDs, NPs, office staff, education and teaching to patients and family member.
proacitve, forward thinking, non-judgmental facilityu
reproductive health counselor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 16, 2017
I liked the work culture and philosophy promoted by PPWW. Staff and management were open minded, eager to provide continuing education, were equal opportunity employers
Pros
Many educational opportunitiies provided at no cost to employees
Cons
leadership and management resistant to change
Planned Parenthood
Janitorial (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAApril 15, 2017
Began the day with cleaning all bathroom and floors and cleaned the rest of the offices and client waiting room. Cleaned anything else given by supervisor.
family like workplace
Medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJApril 14, 2017
check/in check out patients in a timely professional manner, triage patients take blood pressure height weight of patient, translate to Spanish speaking patients
Pros
free lunch
Fraud
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  OKC, OKApril 14, 2017
Fraud fraud fraud and more insurance fraud. Half of the people that work at ppco are strung out. They dont give a hoot about employees just how to collect insurance money for services not done. If fact health center manager is a big pot head
Fast paced envronment
HEALTH CENTER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2017
Somewhere where you most definitely learn a great amount of medical information. Great for beginners and student fresh out of school. The way scheduling is done can be tricky and challenging to adjust but not impossible either.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood. Our community is ready to answer.