Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Promotes to manager within 4 year but.....
Health Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVNovember 3, 2016
I was hired without any prior experience in anything. The training is horrible. I was left to train myself for the posistion. I was promoted to manager after 4 year, again with no prior managerial experience or schooling but was fired a year later due to job performance. I was always told I would be getting training from one of our affiliates managers but that never happened so of course my work suffered. I LOVED working with the group of gals I had. That was the best part of my job besides helping our low income patients get the care they needed. Great place to work but upper management and training need improved. I would stay away from working with the planned parenthood south Atlantic affiliate.
Pros
Co workers, flexibility of schedule
Cons
Salary, management, training, communication
This job is a great learning experience for teens and it helps everyone involved be more confident and comfortable with who they are!
Teen taking action (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 12, 2017
This job was a great way for me to learn about how we can all work together to become a healthier more productive society. It has a three week training period which is literally sitting around a room with a big binder full of knowledge on just about everything you can think of and talking about different topics such as healthy relationships and mental illness.It's a very open non-judgemental environment where you can speak your mind and be comfortable in your own skin. It has a 5.00 salary because it's more of volunteer work. The people that work there aren't doing it for the money they do it for the good of the community.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Little pay
Be aware
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 10, 2016
Although Planned Parenthood says that they're "non profit"they are totally for profit.The needs of the patients are secondary to the wants of the organization.Show rates and revenue superceed patient care and quality time spent with each patient.There is little or no communication from management unless it's negative feedback or demands from them in regards to "selling"or trying to get higher Google or Yelp reviews.There are many compliance issues and any seasoned Medical Assistant with education and experience will quickly notice but will be depicted as "negative"if you attempt to question or address those issues.There is always staffing issues,no room for growth,compensation is terrible,and no workplace diversity.Everyone is over worked,under paid,and burned out!!!!You are told fabrications when hired but soon will notice there's no structure or compassion from management for the patients or staff.If you want to work for a reputable company that values you as an employee...a person period,this isn't the organization to be a part of!!!!!
Pros
Encounters with the patients and coworkers
Cons
Compensation, terrible management with no support or communication, and no workplace diversity
fun place to work
Financial Assessment Rep (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 13, 2016
Served as a Medicaid Liason in completing Medicaid and Family Planning applications.
Interviewed the patients and determined eligibility for health insurance.
Completed applications for Medicaid and Family Planning programs.
Followed up with the County on applications that went for review.
Updated insurance information once applications were approved and recycled claims.
Assisted patients with my bilingual skills as needed.
Worked on spreadsheet and updated it on a daily basis as insurance went into effect.
Pros
free parking
Cons
need more benefits
Great mixture of people
Career Readiness & Financial Literacy Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 9, 2017
This affiliate has a great organizational culture with individuals who are willing to assist coworkers no matter what level you fall on the organizational chart. The benefits are comparable to other non profit organizations in the state.
Pros
great hours
Cons
the stigma around the organization
Productive and pt care with dignity
Front and back office medical assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with planned parenthood. Definitely learned a lot, job security was great and so were benefits. The only down fall for me was I do not like working weekends and it was a requirement when getting hired at least twice a month.
Great cause and patients
ARNP (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 31, 2016
Great place to work, most people are dedicated. Salary is far below others in the area. Most management is fabulous, unfortunately some leadership lack experience and do not know what they are doing. They show it when you express your opinion and they then punish you for it, if it does not coincide with theirs.
Can be difficult to grow in your position and want to be involved. Unless you are in leadership, ideas are not taken serious.
Patients are wonderful and we need to expand our serves. Very worthy cause and we touch a lot of lives. We do amazing things with the community and patients.
Pros
Patients and most leadership
Cons
Salary and some leadership
Not like any other company
HCA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2016
The Planned Parenthood experience is horrible out here in GA. Nothing like in CA. Don't waste your time. No raises, No employee recognition. They show favoritism ALOT!! The advance people that are not even skilled. Don't waste your talents.
Pros
good co-wokers
Cons
management and admin
Fun atmosphere, great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 8, 2017
I love coming into work knowing that my day will be different from the previous. I come into contact with patients coming from all walks of life. I love knowing that we have a positive impact on their lives.
Pros
great schedules
Cons
benefits could be better
good
Surgical Tech (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 12, 2017
great atmosphere but hours are not consistent for surgery centers. Annual raises are ridiculous and unfair. love my co-workers and most of the doctors are great.
Cons
Hours are not cinsistent for the surgery centers
Fast paced enviroment
Contact Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 11, 2016
As a contact center representative there is no down time. The job is fast paced and several job requirments are always changing, so you must be adaptable to change and learn to adjust. There is no time for personal engagment with your co-workers due to the amount of work and calls you have to take throughout the day. The hardest part of the job can be the constant change whether that may be on what is required to say to patients or the changes from insurances you have to verify on a daily basis. The job requires multi-tasking, writing/ oral skills, and basic understanding of computer programs. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to inform, educate, and help patients.
Pros
good benifits
Cons
short breaks
Good place to work and contribute to the community
Patient Care Coordinator Lead (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WAJanuary 23, 2017
Fast paced work environment. Many opportunities to multi task. Generous amount of paid time leave. Open door policy. Staff were encouraged to cross train.
Pros
good benefits
great co-workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 18, 2016
very busy, too many patients and not enough employees. It is not for someone who wants to sit on their butt. Very active with lots of information to go over with patients
Pros
co-workers
Cons
benefits, management, training
NP/Clinician II
Clinician (Current Employee) –  Pomona, CAMay 15, 2016
So I just got hired there recently as a nurse practitioner, I have been having a hard time finding employment with benefits, good pay, retirement and room for growth other than just being a NP.
Even though I have not been at the company long, I can certainly say that the salary and benefits are good. Much better than working in a private doctors office. I totally recommend it if you are looking for a secure job. I have heard there is a high turn over, but I think it is because they hire new grads and the new grads want to get out and find a better place. I, however, feel like this is one of the top non profit places you can work. As previously work as a hospital floor nurse I was used to certain benefits and actually thought my benefits were typical, but hospital large companies benefits are hard to come by at doctors offices. Not to mention that they have no real corporate structure like PPLA.
Pros
Benefits, corporate structure with regular raises.
Cons
women's health can get boring after a while
Reproductive and fun place to work. Great compensation and benefits.
Reproductive Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAMay 18, 2016
Company has great benefits when it comes to insurance; medical and life. Also has a retirement plan and options with medical and dental insurance. I like that clinicians allow medical assistants to participate and assist and procedures. Work environment is great everyone works as a team. Only bad thing is that company would no be willing to work around school schedule and degree is required to advance to management positions.
Pros
Two different work schedules available
Cons
Short breaks
Okay place to work for
Sr. Call Center Specialist/Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 10, 2016
Compensation is not what they advertise, as competitive pay. One works so hard for minimum pay.

Okay place to begin knowledge of the medical field.
Good work
Certified Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WASeptember 19, 2016
This job is hard but the work is rewarding. Employees are tired and work very hard. benefits are good and holidays off are amazing. Patients are wonderful
The worst ever
Health Center Assistant/ Training Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMSeptember 12, 2016
At time of hire I was told I would be full-time employee it's been months and still nothing. Management is awful, they make you work your butts off and you are not well compensated for all the work you do. No place for advancement they have denied me the opportunity to get a promotion from my previous manager. They never appreciate the work any of us do to keep the clinic running. They want us to treat patients very well, yet they don't start by treating their employees how they deserve. Just stay away from this place. The experience is great for entry level position but over all their place is awful.
Pros
Cons
Everything: Pay, stress, underappreciated.! Stay away.
Great Company
Certified Application Counselor (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJJuly 23, 2016
good benefits and great working environment. good pay and management is reliable and helpful. co-workers are great and diverse.
nothing worse than working for DE pph
clinician (Former Employee) –  DelawareAugust 24, 2016
Honestly the MOST disrespectful management I have ever encountered in my ENTIRE career. It was shocking how degrading management was to the very people providing services to clients.
Clients were generally easy to work with, But the 'frequent fliers' were
frankly too used to high quality , 'free' care and were allowed to abuse the system.
Very poor system as a whole, unsafe practices, (ie: HCA's performing jobs they are in NO WAY allowed by law to do.).
There were very clear racial preferences toward employees by management., Did not value clinicians.
One particular MD provider who used to mentally mark off her college savings fund for her child on AB days. Did as many as possible with absolutely no compassion or caring. just the paycheck.
Pros
it was a paycheck when I needed one
Cons
yikes, just read !

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood. Our community is ready to answer.

80%