Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Medical Dr. Office
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Boise, IDDecember 11, 2017
Planned Parenthood was my externship for my medical assistant certification. I performed services from birth control to morning after pill. I loved this job cause I felt i helped women protect themselves.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHDecember 11, 2017
Management is terrible
overall a good job to have management will completely ruin that experience they just makes it hard for any employee to want to continue employment with the company. management also lacks leadership skills and team work abilities. this causes stress and errors when employees have to pick up management slack on top of complete their own jobs duties
Nature of the work
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 8, 2017
The people you work with are usually amazing, justice-minded, but still flawed normal people. This is probably one of the rare workplaces where talking about periods and birth control all the time is acceptable. But it is high-stress all the time due to the nature of the organization. Bigots are always on the offensive unfortunately. At the end of the day, it's good work, though it might not be long-term if you cannot handle constant stress.
Have not worked there under new management
Vice President of Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 7, 2017
I have no information on the new CEO or the organization as it is today. When I worked there everyone except for the last VP of Clinical Operations everyone was great.
Great cause, great clients, great people to work with
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Englewood, NJDecember 7, 2017
I love everything Planned Parenthood stands for. This is the right place to work if you are passionate about about women's rights and equal access to quality health care.
A Great Eye-Opener.
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CADecember 4, 2017
I interned with planned parenthood for a year. This was one of my best experiences. I was able to educate my peers about controversial topics concerning personal safety.
Streesful
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 4, 2017
Get the exam rooms together for the physician, answer phones schedule appointments, perform venipuncture, give different immunizations, assist with different procedures, management didn't care for their staff best part of the job was helping the patients.
Pros
Helping the patients
Cons
poor management
Wonderful.
PUBLIC AFFAIRS & PHILANTHROPY INTERN (Current Employee) –  Eureka, CADecember 3, 2017
I learned so much from my time interning with PP. It was a great experience to be apart of such a passionate team! My manager allowed me to collaborate ideas with the philanthropy and I learned a lot of organisational skills.
Terrible Place to Work
Health Center Manager (Former Employee) –  IndianaDecember 2, 2017
Horrible management who doesn't care about their employees. They only care about making money. They also care more about the patients than their employees. Little pay for long work hours, also expected to see way to many patients in the amount of hours that we are open. Expected to heard patients in and out like cattle. Upper management is quick to throw anyone under the bus to save their own skins, and management is cut throat when it comes to doing what is supposedly best for the company even if it really isn't.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Work balance, job security, management, culture, environment, and upper management
Wonderful place to work and great people
Senior Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 30, 2017
It should be noted off the bat that I work at the corporate office in New York and I am not a healthcare provider. In fact, my work is behind the scenes in a support role, and people are usually shocked to learn that it's a role Planned Parenthood has. That said, overall I have enjoyed working at Planned Parenthood. I entered the company as a consultant in my field and was brought on full time about 4 months later. During this period there was some changeover and hiring choices for my team that I did not approve of, but my co-workers both on and off my team were instrumental in helping maintain the level of happiness I'd previously felt.

The people who work here are, for the most part, the most passionate people I've ever met. With rare exception, employees are highly dedicated to the cause and are passionate about watching the company succeed. Patient happiness and safety is a number one priority, even among those of us who do not directly interact with them. The company goes out of its way to ensure that employees, too, are safe and taken care of, and does a fine job organizing events to remind employees that we matter.

It probably goes without saying that the most difficult part of the job is the external pressure and ire. Sometimes, when asked what I do, I have to talk circles around my position and employer, depending on whom I'm speaking with. This is the biggest complaint I have - and one that is unlikely to change.
enjoyed my job helping others
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 27, 2017
I enjoyed my job always busy and helping people and counseling. Management wasn't good . The hardest part of the job was not being able to take more time with the patient's. The best part of the job was helping and teaching patient's.
This was a great place to work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 24, 2017
I worked in the outreach office for Planned Parenthood and it was pretty fantastic. A lot of the work was volunteer and they liked me so much they offered me a job canvassing for two weeks at $500 a week. That was much more work, but worth it. I wasn't paid for miles, though, and it did take a fair amount out of my car.
Pros
Great people to work with, got to educate
Cons
No benefits, not longterm.
Wonderful work environment with committed employees
Sexuality Education Specialist (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 21, 2017
Planned Parenthood's employees are deeply connected to the organization's mission. The management encourages self care and a healthy work life balance. I grew enormously as a professional and individual while in my role as an educator.
Cons
Low pay
Very fast paced and busy
Bilangual assessor/csr rep (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 20, 2017
I loved that job..translating is very helpful there. i was hired to help with their non english customers.Setting and cancelling appointments.Busy from the minute you time in.
We are more important then we think.
Health Service Specialist/SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CANovember 17, 2017
I worked 7 yrs for ppmm. I started off in front office running insurances and preparing charts for the next day. 2 Years into it I transferred to back office working up pt's for the appropiate visit. Years 4/5 I became abnormal results follow up coordinator. Years 6/7 I became back office supervisor overseeing staff,office flow, ordering medications, making scheudules. The hardest part of my job was ensuring we kept our reputation positive. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing we made a difference in someones life.
Great place to work, amazing team and center manger. Healthcare benefits SUCK.
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Mohawk HudsonNovember 15, 2017
The only downfall to PPMH is the HEALTHCARE BENEFITS are not great. There is no easier way to put that so if you are able to get better health insurance or spouse insurance by all means apply other than that, I would say that would be your only reason for not wanting to work here.
Very family oriented.
I love my job.
Pros
Teamwork, fun, friendly, caring
Cons
Healthcare insurance
Disorganized with no work life balance
Administrative Manager / Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 14, 2017
When working at Planned Parenthood you are expected to always be "on." You are expected to live, breathe and dream reproductive justice which can become quite draining during political times such as these.
a busy, sometimes stressful, but rewarding job
Patient Services Specialist (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYNovember 11, 2017
Planned Parenthood is a place I am proud to work at, but it is far from perfect. The office is often overly busy, and sometimes it feels like we need a few more staff members, but overall PP is a great place to work
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
CXO Operational Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 11, 2017
Everyone in the office was nice and we even had a ping pong tournament for the summer interns. I learned a lot about finance and truly looked forward to going to work everyday.
Pros
Free snacks, friendly coworkers
women's and mens health
Clinician - NP/CNM (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CANovember 9, 2017
I worked as a nurse practitioner providing GYN, Prenatal care services, pap smear, contraceptive, prepared for mammograms, menopause, and colposcopy, to women from teens to age 70’s. I taught and provided men's and women’s contraceptive services, did STD counseling, and advised safe reproductive practices, while insuring patient confidentiality. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the many groups of protestors outside of the building. I did not perform pregnancy terminations while I was employed at PPFA. The most rewarding was knowing that PPFA provided a safety net of health care for many women who otherwise had no health insurance or access to health care.
Pros
good gyn experience
Cons
termination of healthy pregnancies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood. Our community is ready to answer.