Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Fun atmosphere, great co-workers
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Upland, CAJanuary 8, 2017
I love coming into work knowing that my day will be different from the previous. I come into contact with patients coming from all walks of life. I love knowing that we have a positive impact on their lives.
Pros
great schedules
Cons
benefits could be better
Found lots of frendly and carring people
Facilities Engineer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90007January 6, 2017
It was a challenge with different tasks; I never stop learning from them.
I learned how to troubleshoot and maintain different types of HVAC equipment, electrical installation and plumbing.
Management not communicating clearly on some decisions concerning employees matters.
Coworkers were very nice and willing to help.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with traffic; I needed to go from site to site.
I really enjoy working for Planned Parenthood.
fun place
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2017
Great team members. Pleasant place to work. Hours are okay, would like them to be more convenient. Would like to return to school and very hard to balance the two with work schedule.
A hard working person
medical assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 4, 2017
I'm a very hard working person,willing to learn new things all the time, in the time I was working for Planned Parenthood I learn people skills and how to treat to others.
Pros
Very hard working person
Great!
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 4, 2017
Loved my time here. The environment was fast paced and challenging. The people were accepting and willing to take the extra time to get it done right.
We're all in this together
Executive Assistant POSITIONS (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
Leadership , staff and administrative team all supportive of one another. Working for this organization is a pleasure , because the agency is so much mire than most think it is. I am an educator , hired to bring awareness to reproductive health
Pros
Prepares staff for the court of public opinion
Cons
public opinion
Job for those that to be seen and not heard
Regional Medical Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIDecember 30, 2016
If you are willing to work for a company that you are not allowed to have a voice and that you are just there to work and not be seen or heard. Then this is the place for you.
Pros
staff are great to work with.
Cons
You are not allow to have an opionion.
Horrible stay away
Medical Care Associate (Current Employee) –  , PADecember 29, 2016
At first its great. After a while you see the true colors... Administradors are terrible, no communication from department to department or center to center or management to anyone for that matter. Too many people saying they know things when truly that don't have a clue... the staff that actually work the center (NP,MA,RN,BA) are good but have no voice and can't give free opinions.. it's not a place where you can grow. Mangers are spoken down to from the higher ups therefore they show the same to the rest of the staff. Total disrespect all over the place. Can't trust mangers or staff,
Pros
Good place to start off, medical staff works hard
Cons
Administration is horrible, rude and they don't know how appreciate you
Amazing co-Workers
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 22, 2016
I loved working with the women I worked with on a daily basis, the nursing staff were all amazing and really cared about their patients. The doctors that we worked with occasionally were all incredible as well!
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Take home stress, slow advancement, quick turnover rates with management
Professional space with great continuity
Billing Lead (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 18, 2016
Working at planned parenthood was great! It's more on the professional side, where you just go to work and go back home but the community is great. The first day you step, they make you feel like you are part of the crew and overall its a very friendly, productive environment to work in.
Nice place to work
Patient Services Compliance and Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 15, 2016
Oversee health center regulatory compliance and conduct internal audits to maintain and assert compliance for various CA State, federal and Planned Parenthood Federation regulatory requirements in Laboratory, OSHA, Board of Pharmacy, and Licensing. Provide departments with findings, observations, and recommendations based on review of regulations and audits conducted
Staff are not allow to voice an opinion.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 14, 2016
Management does not allow staff to voice their opinions or ask questions. Especially if you disagree with changes being made that will effect the care of patients. It all comes down to the bottom line of money. If you are looking for a job that you are not allow a voice then Planned Parenthood is for you.
Pros
Clients/Patients
Cons
Low pay, no voice.
Great establishment
Front Office Manager/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 14, 2016
This was an awesome place to work and learn grow. There were some higher up issues that ultimately had a negative effect on the clinic, however, overall it was by far one of my most meaningful positions.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Job security always at risk
It's a nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeastern, PANovember 30, 2016
I enjoy helping people and communicating with the Patients 5 stars. My job is very fast pace we see close to 80 patients a day.i love my job and being able to work in the health care field
Very fun and flexible place to work
VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2016
I really enjoy the company. It is a very fun and relaxing environment. The staff is fun, and the managers are very flexible.
very great and friendly
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2016
experience working in health care setting providing direct patient care , honest dependable organized self starter with excellent customer service skills
Pros
great staff
Cons
over booking
very productive place
Administrative intern Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2016
i really love working there, it was a place that i was so excited to go too everyday. I have work with amazing staff, i got to meet the president for thee company and learn that the job that they was so amazing because they help other in different country and states...
Be aware
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 10, 2016
Although Planned Parenthood says that they're "non profit"they are totally for profit.The needs of the patients are secondary to the wants of the organization.Show rates and revenue superceed patient care and quality time spent with each patient.There is little or no communication from management unless it's negative feedback or demands from them in regards to "selling"or trying to get higher Google or Yelp reviews.There are many compliance issues and any seasoned Medical Assistant with education and experience will quickly notice but will be depicted as "negative"if you attempt to question or address those issues.There is always staffing issues,no room for growth,compensation is terrible,and no workplace diversity.Everyone is over worked,under paid,and burned out!!!!You are told fabrications when hired but soon will notice there's no structure or compassion from management for the patients or staff.If you want to work for a reputable company that values you as an employee...a person period,this isn't the organization to be a part of!!!!!
Pros
Encounters with the patients and coworkers
Cons
Compensation, terrible management with no support or communication, and no workplace diversity
nice workplace
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 7, 2016
It a fast-pace learned about patient care management was ok and co-worker was ok the hardest part of the job the patients the patient after their procedure
Worked Remotely
Content Management Specialist, I (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2016
I received an immediate response from my manager - receiving clarification of latest task. I worked remotely and cannot provide the information you are looking for.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Only 35 hours / week

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood. Our community is ready to answer.