Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood Employer Reviews

Some sites better then others to work at
Medical Assistant / Education (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 8, 2014
Pros: pay rate, benefits
Cons: bad management at some sites
Depending on the site and the manager it could be the greatest job or the worst job. Good pay, decent hours, good benefits. But some management was impossible to please or to work for!!!
Positive and welcoming environment with a lot of experience.
Technical Writing Intern (Former Employee), Springfield, MO.May 5, 2014
Pros: friendly and supportive environment., great learning experience.
Cons: unpaid internship., opponents of our cause were often rude for no reason.
As a spring 2014 intern in the political department of Planned Parenthood of the St. Louis Region of Southwest Missouri (PPSLRSWMO), our main focus was Missouri Medicaid expansion.

This means that myself and the other interns were gathering petitions, running tables at events, providing information to the public and lobbying at Jefferson City, MO. – more... Specifically as a technical writing intern I was tasked with writing memos for Planned Parenthood's fact sheets for easy distribution of information.

In all, this was probably the most enjoyable job that I've ever had. There were great opportunities for growth and new experiences, the atmosphere was welcoming and we were always smiling and laughing while working with each other. I learned a great deal about the government and was able to help people by lobbying to make Missouri a better place.

The most difficult part of the internship was spreading information and gathering petitions, as quite a few individuals would dismiss us based on the fact that we were working for Planned Parenthood and wouldn't even bother to listen to anything we said. However, we were still able to help educate those willing to listen, and often had interesting and friendly conversations with many supporters.

I've never been in a more welcoming and friendly environment than that at PPSLRSWMO. Both my coworkers and my supervisors were wonderful, helpful people and I don't think I could ever say enough about how fantastic of an experience it has been. In fact, I will still be volunteering for PPSLRSWMO as long as I am able to, outside of future job opportunities. – less
Good
customer service and providing information (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMay 1, 2014
Very busy environment handling about 300 calls a day. Giving prices and procedures to patients while providing excellent customer service. Answering any questions that arose throughout the call and filed insurance if applicable to patient.
Dedicated individuals all there for the patients
Pediatric Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKMay 1, 2014
Pros: non-profit organization geared to serve the patients
Cons: no free lunches
Learned most of everything I know medically at Planned Parenthood. Most pediatricians were great teachers as well as co-workers. The job itself was enjoyable until new management and CEO resigning.
Fun, high volume of work great company to work with.
Medical Billing/ Finance Specialist (temporary) (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 24, 2014
Great people to work with, they provider career advancement for there employee. Fun company to work with.
A fun job, but not lacked organization
Peer Educator (Former Employee), Champaign, ILApril 22, 2014
Pros: environment, benefits after working a certain number of hours
Cons: unpaid
As a peer educator, we met for three hours once a week plus the classroom hours that varied each week. My boss and coworkers were all very open-minded and accommodating. The hardest part about the job was the fact that it was unpaid. All years previous, the position was payed. Unfortunately due to budget cuts, the year I started, I did not earn a salary. – more... Overall the job was a very fun learning experience. – less
Fun work place,mildly stressful
Health Educator (Current Employee), New York, NYApril 22, 2014
Pros: helping and teaching our clients
Cons: there does not seem to be any upward mobility.
A normal day at work consists of answering texts and chat via an online forum. I have learned a lot about reproductive health. The management is accessible, however agents can make their own schedules, and work unsupervised. My coworkers include other agents and our quality assurance monitors. The most challenging part of the job can be chatters who – more... have a political or religious agenda when they log into our chat service, who do not need any medical advice. The most enjoyable part of my job is helping people who are genuinely worried about their health. – less
Relaxed atmosphere
Biller (Current Employee), Chicago, ILApril 18, 2014
A typical health insurance billing position. I handle a medium to high call volume typically. I assist with patient payments , posting payments, adjustments and verification. It's a relaxed atmosphere that allows you to learn and grow in the industry at a entry-level position.
Productive workplace with passionate staff
Contact Center Representative (Former Employee), Tacoma, WashingtonApril 17, 2014
Pros: interact with many interesting people
Cons: little to no opportunity for adcanvcement
The PPGNW Contact Center is small, and while some days the sheer volume of calls may be a bit overwhelming, ultimately it's worth the sometimes frantic pace to work with a team of passionate people, helping folks meet their reproductive healthcare needs. Management is attentive, and at this position one certainly learns to multitask, as well as to communicate – more... effectively with a range of people from multiple states and diverse backgrounds. Ultimately, working here was a very educational and rewarding experience. – less
Internship, which consited of 160 hours.
Externship (Former Employee), New London, CTApril 16, 2014
I really enjoyed this opportunity. I didn't quite understand how some employees didn't have any certification and were able to draw blood. This overall experience was time well spent. I enjoy communicating with the patients and sharing helpful advice.
Productive and multiple task workplace
Medical Assistant (Extern) (Former Employee), West Hartford, CTApril 9, 2014
Perform basic office functions filing, stocking supplies, scheduling appointments, office reception and telephone answering .
Perform clinical duties such as blood pressures, lab work, and medical charting, cleaning and sterilizing equipment.
One of the most hardest things to do is provide patients with education regarding contraceptive options and – more... counseling. – less
Passion for above-and-beyond patient care
Clinic Assistant (Former Employee), Eureka, CAApril 7, 2014
Pros: working towards reproductive justice; caring and positive staff
Cons: constantly changing workflow policies; low compensation for staff
Although the work was often constantly changing, the trust and connection that staff has with each other was the glue to make a hectic work day into a dynamic and exciting one. One of the best parts of working there was the desire for transparency and the management's commitment to hearing out everyone's opinions. My co-workers were constantly supporting – more... each other, verbally and with actions, and our passion for the goal of creating better access to reproductive health and information drove us forward.
The hardest part of the job was the constantly changing policies from somewhat estranged higher-ups who weren't at the clinic, witnessing the day-to-day work. There is a disconnect between those who work in the clinic and the board of directors, and I don't know if that will change at all.

However, the clinic itself is a great place to gain extensive reproductive health skills and to be amongst strong, independent, and passionate women and men, who strive for quality patient-centered care. – less
Great Pay and benefits
Medical Assistant and Receptionist (Former Employee), Sacramento, CAApril 7, 2014
A typical day at work would include checking in and out patients, answering phones, and billing. I learned to schedule appointments, work with electronic medical records, and to bill encounters for patient visits. Management gets the job done and is very determined to make sure the health center runs smoothly. My co-workers are all very hard-working – more... individuals. The hardest part of the job would have been the schedule shift times as they were not set at just one time. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping patients get the care they need and deserve. – less
Productive work place.
Medical Clerk (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYApril 1, 2014
Provided reception between billing and patient services on a daily basis. Verified patient insurance information. Data entry and updated patient information.
You wil learn alot, they have great benifites
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Santa Monica, CAMarch 27, 2014
Pros: great learning expireance, benifits are good
Cons: shift varies, lo pay
Planned parenthood is great, it was a fantastic learning experience. They have great benefits. The pay is not the greatest and neither is the schedule they opening and closing hours vary including closing at 4 or 5pm on Saturdays.
Outstanding experience
Medical Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Durham, NCMarch 24, 2014
Managed an office with 30-40 employees within the company. I corresponded with clients and potential clients. I was third in command within the company; I held weekly meetings with the staff. Dispersed assignments and clients to our paralegal department. Collected payments from clients and balanced account books.
The mission of the organization is great
DIRECTOR OF ACCOUNTING (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 23, 2014
I oversee general ledger, grant accounting, accounts payable, and payroll.
Wonderful Experience!
Development Intern (Former Employee), Walla Walla, WAMarch 19, 2014
I was a part-time Development Intern with Planned Parenthood of Walla Walla and was incredibly fulfilled.

I helped organize the annual Wine Auction that consistently raises enough funds to cover non-insured patients for the entire year.

I worked with the Development Director and other volunteers to plan and execute the auction. My duties included:

- – more... Attending meetings
- Asking for donations
- Acting as liaison between wineries and Planned Parenthood staff
- Assistant Volunteer Coordinator
- Auction set-up and take-down – less
expanded experience in billing to include dental billing
Patient Account Specialist (Current Employee), Seattle, WAMarch 19, 2014
Pros: co-workers bond and pulling together on assignments
Cons: constant change of management
batches of claims come in from my assigned clinics of dental encounters and Super Bills.
I verify all of the CPT codes are compatible with Diagnosis codes and enter all data into the billing system. If there are any copayments, self pay amounts paid by the patient I apply them to the encounters.
verfied patients for sliding fee scale discounts.
followed – more... up on authorizations for dental procedures.
attended monthly team meeting on procedure up dates and give imput on process improvements. – less
Exciting Work place
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Manteca, CAMarch 14, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: short breaks
Clock in prep rooms, calling patients, vitals signs, assist nurse with procedures

About Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than – Read more

Planned Parenthood Photos