Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

The people made my day
Contract Position - Investments Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 9, 2017
It was a great job where you felt appreciated and loved to work as long as you provided work done properly and met deadlines.There was an amazing sense of team spirit that would get you through your day.
Planned Parenthood
Reception Front Desk (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORNovember 6, 2017
Loved my team, but the pay. Not nearly enough to live life. The stress of pushing patients made it feel more number focused then patient care. Planned Parenthood does amazing things for women in need and for that I think highly of them.
Stressful
Reproductive Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 30, 2017
Management will sabotage you. Upper management is no help. Busy throughout the day. Management increases the daily schedule monthly. They refuse to hire extra people. Management will give you an correction notice to cover them. Training with someone new everyday so mistakes are made. Secret spies throughout company.
I made three great friends.
Pros
Cons
Short break, low pay
Fast paced and fun work environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 30, 2017
Planned Parenthood is an excellent facility to work in and hires employees from many different backgrounds which creates a diverse working environment.
Review
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 28, 2017
Whether you're trying to get your foot in the door as a medical assistant or simply enjoy the field, a good place to work and gain a lot of experience.
OK Work Place
Medical and Laboratory Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILOctober 28, 2017
The actual work is great, and the patient contact is fine but the culture is not the best. A "Pack Mentality" culture which makes it difficult as a new employee and if the current staff doesn't take a liking to you.... yikes!
fun workplace
Promoter (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, NYOctober 24, 2017
Working at Planned Parenthood always felt like one was working for a great cause. The workplace was exciting and fun but very challenging at the same time.
Pros
Grassroots work
Cons
low-paid
pph
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 22, 2017
not too good help educate patients draw blood give shots manager doesn't know how to run office always confused I like working with the patients for the part
Pros
good pay
Cons
No struCture
Very Productive and great place to work
Facilities Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 17, 2017
The work environment was a pleasant one. Everyone walked in the mornings with a smile. Management and Directors always took the time to say hello and ask of your day. Communication whether it be for work or weekend plans were pleasant and clearly spoken about, no double talk or hypocritical.
Pros
Always looked forward to go to work
Cons
Not enough time in the day to get to know everyone, work was fast paced but enjoyable.
A wonderful experience to assist everyone at any age.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Delran, NJOctober 16, 2017
Good atmosphere, helping and caring health care professionals. Flexible hours, variety of resources and communication. Good healthcare access with optional 401k.
Pros
Benefits, paid vacation, patients
Cons
Short breaks
I was there on contract so this isn't applicable
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 16, 2017
Really it is a waste of everyone's time for me to complete this because my experience there was very much an exception to the norm and thus not representative
Exciting and fast-paced
Procedure/Recovery & Discharge Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 12, 2017
Awesome! Learned a lot from coworkers, continuing education resources, management, even patients. I had a really good time. Patient education and injections were my favorite parts of the job. I rotated amongst sites; I did not mind the changing work environment.
Pros
Education and coworkers
Cons
Emotionally draining on some days due to the delicate nature of the job.
No advancement
Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHOctober 10, 2017
Typical day was busy, seeing average of 25 patients per day.
Initially learned skills and then stalled in learning additional skills.
Management received more benefits than staff for health centers.
Workplace culture was one of gossip and lack of trust.
Hardest part was family/life balance.
Most enjoyable part was caring for patients.
Amazing experience!
Education Intern (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIOctober 9, 2017
I loved working at PPMI. I was completing my internship there and everyone I worked with was amazing, helpful, and encouraging. I was also encouraged to maintain a healthy mental/physical/emotional balance with work.
Friendly staff
Medical Records Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Norwich, NYOctober 6, 2017
I have not worked for this company in 17 yrs and it has now merged with another planned parenthood. The staff and management are all new now so its hard to answer these questions.
fast paced and fun place to work
Medical Assistant/Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 4, 2017
I enjoyed working here. was taught so much information and everyone was very willing to teach if you didnt know something. I worked in many different parts and loved it all
poor management
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 3, 2017
The management was very poor, i quit due to poor management. The manager was very strict, and since I was new, I was always doing things wrong and was written up numerous times.
Enjoyed the job!
LPN Clinic Nurse (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYOctober 2, 2017
I had a great team that I worked with. I learned so much and am grateful for the opportunity. The clinicians were top notch and everyone a team player.
Great organization with a great mission, but their accounting department was in the 20th century
DEPUTY FINANCIAL OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2017
Planned Parenthood is a great organization with a phenomenal mission. Unfortunately their Accounting department was in the dark ages. Bulk of their disbursements were manual checks
Poor Executive Leadership
Director (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INSeptember 30, 2017
Poor Executive Leadership team, particularly CEO and CFO. Collaboration amongst the leadership team and departments was nonexistent. The right hand doesn't know or care what the left hand is doing. It's no wonder the organization is such a mess.
Pros
Generous PTO
Cons
Poor Leadership Team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood. Our community is ready to answer.