Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Professional space with great continuity
Billing Lead (Former Employee) –  Concord, CADecember 18, 2016
Working at planned parenthood was great! It's more on the professional side, where you just go to work and go back home but the community is great. The first day you step, they make you feel like you are part of the crew and overall its a very friendly, productive environment to work in.
Nice place to work
Patient Services Compliance and Projects Manager (Current Employee) –  Orange, CADecember 15, 2016
Oversee health center regulatory compliance and conduct internal audits to maintain and assert compliance for various CA State, federal and Planned Parenthood Federation regulatory requirements in Laboratory, OSHA, Board of Pharmacy, and Licensing. Provide departments with findings, observations, and recommendations based on review of regulations and audits conducted
Staff are not allow to voice an opinion.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 14, 2016
Management does not allow staff to voice their opinions or ask questions. Especially if you disagree with changes being made that will effect the care of patients. It all comes down to the bottom line of money. If you are looking for a job that you are not allow a voice then Planned Parenthood is for you.
Pros
Clients/Patients
Cons
Low pay, no voice.
Great establishment
Front Office Manager/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIDecember 14, 2016
This was an awesome place to work and learn grow. There were some higher up issues that ultimately had a negative effect on the clinic, however, overall it was by far one of my most meaningful positions.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement
Cons
Job security always at risk
It's a nice place to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeastern, PANovember 30, 2016
I enjoy helping people and communicating with the Patients 5 stars. My job is very fast pace we see close to 80 patients a day.i love my job and being able to work in the health care field
Very fun and flexible place to work
VERIFICATION SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 21, 2016
I really enjoy the company. It is a very fun and relaxing environment. The staff is fun, and the managers are very flexible.
very great and friendly
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2016
experience working in health care setting providing direct patient care , honest dependable organized self starter with excellent customer service skills
Pros
great staff
Cons
over booking
very productive place
Administrative intern Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 13, 2016
i really love working there, it was a place that i was so excited to go too everyday. I have work with amazing staff, i got to meet the president for thee company and learn that the job that they was so amazing because they help other in different country and states...
Be aware
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 10, 2016
Although Planned Parenthood says that they're "non profit"they are totally for profit.The needs of the patients are secondary to the wants of the organization.Show rates and revenue superceed patient care and quality time spent with each patient.There is little or no communication from management unless it's negative feedback or demands from them in regards to "selling"or trying to get higher Google or Yelp reviews.There are many compliance issues and any seasoned Medical Assistant with education and experience will quickly notice but will be depicted as "negative"if you attempt to question or address those issues.There is always staffing issues,no room for growth,compensation is terrible,and no workplace diversity.Everyone is over worked,under paid,and burned out!!!!You are told fabrications when hired but soon will notice there's no structure or compassion from management for the patients or staff.If you want to work for a reputable company that values you as an employee...a person period,this isn't the organization to be a part of!!!!!
Pros
Encounters with the patients and coworkers
Cons
Compensation, terrible management with no support or communication, and no workplace diversity
nice workplace
Business Associate (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYNovember 7, 2016
It a fast-pace learned about patient care management was ok and co-worker was ok the hardest part of the job the patients the patient after their procedure
Worked Remotely
Content Management Specialist, I (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 7, 2016
I received an immediate response from my manager - receiving clarification of latest task. I worked remotely and cannot provide the information you are looking for.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Only 35 hours / week
Pay is horrible
Surgical Assistant/ Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDNovember 5, 2016
They don't pay you what you are worth. They over work you and depending on what you do for them it can be emotionally traumatic
Pros
A job
Cons
Pay unless you speak spanish
Promotes to manager within 4 year but.....
Health Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Vienna, WVNovember 3, 2016
I was hired without any prior experience in anything. The training is horrible. I was left to train myself for the posistion. I was promoted to manager after 4 year, again with no prior managerial experience or schooling but was fired a year later due to job performance. I was always told I would be getting training from one of our affiliates managers but that never happened so of course my work suffered. I LOVED working with the group of gals I had. That was the best part of my job besides helping our low income patients get the care they needed. Great place to work but upper management and training need improved. I would stay away from working with the planned parenthood south Atlantic affiliate.
Pros
Co workers, flexibility of schedule
Cons
Salary, management, training, communication
Went in hopeful, left appalled.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 2, 2016
Planned Parenthood has a valiant mission that should be supported by women in the United States. Not having a choice is NOT an option. However, I wish this company wasn't the one representing choice. Horrible management and mostly horrible staff. Most of them do NOT know what they are doing. They started back in the 70s and 80s when non profits were easier. That kind of approach just doesn't cut it anymore and you have people in power who don't understand how to move with the times. They are wasting donation dollars hand over fist and it's an absolute tragedy. It's not just with the Philadelphia office, it's a nationwide epidemic. It's time to clean house.
Pros
Cons
uneducated and untrained workforce
Not like any other company
HCA (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 1, 2016
The Planned Parenthood experience is horrible out here in GA. Nothing like in CA. Don't waste your time. No raises, No employee recognition. They show favoritism ALOT!! The advance people that are not even skilled. Don't waste your talents.
Pros
good co-wokers
Cons
management and admin
Super fun!
Health Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAOctober 28, 2016
One of the best coworkers I've ever encountered have worked for this organization. Committed to serving the community, as well as reproductive health justice!
Creative work environment
Peer Youth Educator (Former Employee) –  Poughkeepsie, NYOctober 24, 2016
I enjoyed learning something new each day. I traveled places an gave knowledge an advice that many youths were not knowing of. Most co-workers are generally youths as well so the growing experience can create a friendly bond.
Pros
The experience
Cons
Criticism
Amazing job and coworkers
Youth Health Promoter (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 24, 2016
Every day I came to work I had the opportunity to educate teens through social media or in person about their health and services provided by Planned Parenthood. My coworkers and I learned about the science behind an abortion, condom facts and myths, birth control including IUDs and Implenon, and so much more. My coworkers and I were great friends and I wish I could bring each one of them with me to college. This was easily the best work environment I have ever been a part of and I hope to find somewhere just as exciting.
Pros
Great Coworkers, Great Pay
Friendly and very comfortable enviroment to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 24, 2016
Patients are happy in and after appointment. Everybody helps if needed. There is nothing hard about the job since everybody is willing to help.
great co-workers
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 18, 2016
very busy, too many patients and not enough employees. It is not for someone who wants to sit on their butt. Very active with lots of information to go over with patients
Pros
co-workers
Cons
benefits, management, training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood. Our community is ready to answer.