Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews in United States

Rewarding
employee (Current Employee) –  AnonymousDecember 18, 2015
A fast paced, excellent and rewarding place to work. Everyone is dedicated to the provision of superior, non-judgmental care to all patients.
Pros
Great benefits, flexible work schedules
Great Place To Work
executive assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 9, 2016
This company is a great place to work with good benefits. Competitive salary.There's nothing more that I care to say about this job.
F u c k baby killers
Hating liberals (Current Employee) –  EverywhereJanuary 4, 2016
Hope you all burn in h e l l or get cancer selling baby parts violates at least 5 amendments and you all need to be hung in the streets like dogs
productive workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXDecember 19, 2015
was a very fun job people and staff were excellent had alot of working as a team never a dull moment the hardest part of the job was goin paperless
fun place to work great hours
Maintenance/Custodian (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 30, 2015
a typical day would begin with cleaning the parking lot pick up loose trash, set up rooms for meetings. first impression is the best impression was a learning curve good bosses is always a plus. keeping the parking lot clean was the hardest part. it was great getting off early and having week ends and holidays off.
Pros
working mon. thru fri. getting off at 130 pm everyday.
Cons
part time hours
Great job for experience
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAAugust 14, 2015
No room for movement unless I had schooling. So I quit and went to school. Great job for experience, taught me a lot. Co-workers were not so great and neither was the management. The hardest part of the job was being pro women all the time, no matter the subject. You can not have an opinion unless it is theirs.
Pros
good experience
Cons
management
Fast-paced, clinic setting, providing medical care to young girls and women.
Medical Secretary/Clinic Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYOctober 29, 2015
Preparing charts, scheduling appointments, answering phones, sometimes during controversial situations with the press, as Planned Parenthood does attract "interesting situations". Was promoted to Clinic coordinator so responsibilities included gathering B/P's and medical histories and pregnancy tests from patients as well as balancing the cash at the end of the day and often filling in as branch manager or running satellite clinics at SUNY. I had a wonderful relationship with everyone including the executive director, who gave me several merit raises. I really enjoyed running the satellite clinics and seeing all the SUNY girls come in. I find it hard to think of anything difficult except maybe learning to take bllod pressures at first. This was the most enjoyable job I ever had.
Pros
Working for a company I believed in, helping provide medical care for many women who wouldn't otherwise been able to ge t good care.
Cons
Alot of travel between sites.
love my coworkers
medical assistant (Current Employee) –  little rockJuly 27, 2015
My day starts with preparing the exam rooms and running controls. I also have to restock each room with information and gloves etc. I then document fridge temps etc. I document the patients history bring them back obtain vitals discuss what brings them in the office and document appropriately. I also draw the patients blood for any labs and do urine tests if needed.
Pros
teamwork
Cons
short breaks
Fun and productive workplace
Peer Educator (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYJuly 16, 2015
Stared off with minutes from our last workday. We only worked two days a week for two hours unless we had an event or play coming up but only a few of us would be in a skit based on however many characters were in it. My co workers were so much fun! It was nothing but about 12-17 high school students working together to create skits and perform them in front of our peers. My supervisor was an old member of the group but a college student who was amazing and fun but serious and stern when need be.
Strong learning enviornment on a daily basis
Health Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXOctober 19, 2015
Enjoyed the exciting work environment and assisting the nurse practitioners during the many hands on appointments. Very kind clients and productive business.
Patient & Staff Driven Work Enviroment
Health Center Manager / Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Livonia, MIAugust 12, 2015
Managed the operations of a satalite facility. Ensured the optimum functioning operations of the faciity through budgeting, organization, and training on a daily basis. I worked with the staff in both the clinical setting as well as completing my managerial duties.
Loved taking care of patients everyday
Patient Care Associate (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYSeptember 29, 2015
I recorded patient vital signs, updated patient medical records, collect and prepare lab specimens. Assist with minor in office procedures.
Pros
i got t help a lot of people and help educate them.
steady paced work environment
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CANovember 3, 2015
Typically fast paced work environment good atmosphere. Very upbeat on most days. High visibility with corporate, leading location in the bay area.
Senior Sexuality Educator/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 24, 2015
The is a culture of respect for the employees and the clients.Lots of opportunity for development and they usually have lots of resources. I enjoy the work I do and we provide a great service to the clients.
Great environment
Accounts Payable Associate/Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 7, 2015
Wonderful people and great environment to learn and grow as a professional in your field. There is an abundance of dedicated and wonderful people who are brilliant and passionate about their jobs and the company.
Good
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDDecember 1, 2015
I liked working there learned a lot. my co works were like family after working 5 years with them. I liked seeing the same patients every week.
Going down quickly
Clinic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eugene, ORSeptember 16, 2015
When I began at PPH almost 3 years ago, it was a great position all about helping patients. It then quickly began to loose valueble employees and is now a terrible place to work that only cares about the people upstairs.
Non profit healthcare
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 21, 2015
Processed orders for over 100 clinics nationwide. Placed supply orders with approximately 20 different vendors. Worked with AP to resolve invoicing issues.
Pros
Location and distant to work
Cons
Lack of steady hours due to being non-profit supporting role
Wonderful place to work.
Reproductive Counselor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2015
Interviewed clients daily to obtain medical needs and history. Met with over 20 clients a day. Daily paper work, counseling, informed clients concerning HIV, family planning, birth control, HPV etc. Learned how to listen and observe behavior concerning client's emotional state. In addition improved my skills as a crisis counselor. Co-workers were very easy to get along with and supportive. The hardest part of the job was working with victims, due to their pain and suffering, and not being able to continue to see them. The most enjoyable part of the job was being there for those who were in need.
Pros
Free lunches on Saturdays, Breaks were expected, love the people.
Cons
Pay was a little low.
Working in a small office is fun to work in the warehouse.
PURCHASING CLERK (Former Employee) –  National City, CAJune 22, 2015
Working environment is a normal and routine are the typical day at work. I learned a lot of details on the computer to access the information in the system. Management is a great to work with and also with the co workers, too. Sitting a long period of time is hardest part of job. Working with co workers as a teamwork is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Pros
During my lunch hour, I can go for a briefly walk when done eating.
Cons
Reading and learning a lot of policies are not fun to do.