Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood Employer Reviews

Family oriented
Office Assistant (Current Employee), Naples, flJanuary 7, 2014
Great place to gain experience. Great benefits as well.Wonderful staff and great managers.
Great work environment, close to home
Bilingual Health Care Associate (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: great services to the community, learned of womens services and programs that benefited women..
Cons: had to interprete for surgeons and patient in surgical room.
Great training, but managment changed toom often, each manager wanted things done differently which caused confusion, co-workers were supportive, the hardest part was interpeting during surgeries.
overall great
Patient Care Coordinator (Former Employee), Seattle, waJanuary 4, 2014
Pros: free or discounted services for employees, great training
Cons: poor management, poor pay
My experience here is that they provide a great service and they also go to great lengths to ensure that the staff is properly trained. Training can take up to a year.
MIssion
Center Assistant (Former Employee), Hempstead, NYDecember 22, 2013
Pros: attending rallies, and meeting mayors
Cons: not flexible with my school schedule
Planned Parenthood is an organization whose mission is to provide care to everyone no matter their age, race/ethnicity, sexual orientation, if they have insurance or not, or the amount of money the individual made. My job consisted of educating patients about safe sexual practices, birth control, and STI/STD prevention, as well as assisting doctors – more... in surgical procedures. The hardest part of the job was when there was a situation where I was not able to help due to the severity and sensitivity of the situation, but I was able to refer the individuals to where they can receive the best care. The most enjoyable part about my job was being able to help patients, and educate patients so they can make better choices about their sexual activities. – less
Productive and Multitasker
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), San Jose, CADecember 14, 2013
Worked well with others. Helped patients with the best customer services. Always had a smile and great positive attitude. Fast learner. Always on time to work.
Clinic!
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee), Tucson, AZDecember 5, 2013
Pros: put my training into play
Cons: abortion clinic
I enjoyed my job, and love my patients. I was complimented by many of my patients "places need more nurses like you". Wish I could work at a doctors office again. Due to the abortion part I stayed in the front of the office.
Patient Care
Healthcare Associate (Former Employee), New York, NYDecember 3, 2013
Pros: great helth benefits
Cons: no room for growth
My day consisted of preparing exam rooms and work stations, assisting patients with completing medical forms and obtaining legal consent for medical services,accurately documenting patient’s complete medical history and vitals in medical chart and managed patient flow using Electronic Clinical Works system. I also provided HIV pre-test counseling, testing – more... and post-test counseling and provided in-depth counseling on pregnancy and termination options.

I've learned to work in a fast paced environment, multi-task efficiently, all while still taking the time to make sure every patient gets the appropriate services.

Management was always professional and knowledgeable. My co-workers were always willing to help whether it was a patient or fellow staff member.

The hardest part of the job was detaching myself from a patient's situation when I was counseling them for taking the abortion pill. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that I was able to make a difference in a patient's day no matter how small it may have been. – less
Productive, fast moving and self rewarding
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Anaheim, CANovember 30, 2013
Busy health center. coworkers are great to work with. They are easy to get along with. We treat each other with respect. I enjoy helping patients and knowing that I made a difference.
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Albany, NYNovember 26, 2013
Advancement is difficult unless you start low. There was nowhere for me to advance to.
•a typical day at work
ACCount RECEIVABLE (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 19, 2013
Pros: •a typical day at work
Cons: •a typical day at work
•a typical day at work
•what you learned
•management
•your co-workers
•the hardest part of the job
•the most enjoyable part of the job
Great educational experience
Intern (Former Employee), TXNovember 18, 2013
Pros: community engagement, good leadership, friendly work environment
Cons: protesters
Interns are treated very well will great opportunities to learn and build practical work experience.
Poor Managment
Surgical Assistant- Lead Educator/Counselor (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDNovember 18, 2013
Pros: free lunches when we did get lunch, a lot of learning experience, room for growth
Cons: too much travel, pay to park, downtown driving, poor managment.
A typical day began with paying 10 dollars a day to park in a parking garage. I learned a lot from the doctors and co workers I worked with but the management staff was very poor. In the 6 months I was there 3 people from my direct management staff got fired for misconduct of some sort. Very rude individuals. My coworkers were great girls. The hardest – more... part of my job was the travel and the paying to park. The most enjoyable part of my job was either setting up IVs and drawing blood which I enjoy doing, or helping the patients through a really hard time in there life by just being compassionate and nice to them. – less
good company
Clinical Assistant (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 17, 2013
to much job to do it, but excellent benefits, all kind beside that management very rude sometimes even we was working very hard everyday
challenging but rewarding
Billing Specialist (Former Employee), Dover, DENovember 11, 2013
Pros: team players
Cons: far from home
being a people person I very much enjoyed working with the doctors and the patients and my co workers were wonderful. I am the type to always want to better myself and learn more and this job gave me that opportunity
Supportive Clinic
Patient Services
Activism
Extremely busy practice
Medical Office Assistant (Former Employee), Easton, PANovember 7, 2013
Pros: being able to provide health care to people who otherwise couldn’t afford care
Cons: no breaks, frustrating wait times for patients
Most days there would be a line of patients waiting to be seen before we even opened the doors. Very busy women's center. I learned to be extremely productive and able to multi task from the front desk to back office procedures at a moment's notice. I registered patients, took payments, scheduled appointments, preformed all back office procedures to – more... making sure rooms were stocked, everything was sterilized. Took weight, vitals, urine and blood samples. No matter how busy we were I always provided every patient with the care and concern they required when they entered the office. – less
great mission
Health Center Manager (Current Employee), Orland Park, ILNovember 4, 2013
One day you are busy the next day you are sitting around doing nothing, Co-workers are great. Management changes often. Benefits are great.
Rewarding Company
Call Center Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 28, 2013
Working for planned parenthood was a wonderful experience the company and staff as a whole is amazing.
like working
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Albany, NYOctober 23, 2013
Pros: helping people
Cons: hours
I do like working here but they are not being open minded to staff that needs stays way past the time of close...I was employed here twice...I just it time for me to move on...no raises ...
Fun Workplace
Medical Assistant (Former Employee), Los Angeles, CAOctober 20, 2013
Awesome company, very devote to making a difference. I like the people that work there very energetic.

About Planned Parenthood

Planned Parenthood is the leading reproductive health care provider, educator and advocate in the United States. For more than – Read more

Planned Parenthood Photos