Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

Unfair
Health Center Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXApril 25, 2016
Up manager don't do what they should do mostly put thing under the rag just to please other employees. I have felt several time like some staff was been races when I was there. when Ill go to HR for an issue I had it like I was the one who was doing giving problem even doe I was trying to get help from HR just felt like a waste of time
Great work environment
Education and Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Medford, ORApril 24, 2016
Friendly and energetic co-workers
Fun working with youth and community
Planning Community Service for youth and helping make a difference in their community
Pros
Great team
Cons
Is always on the spot light with bad reviews from government
Pt Flow,cycle time
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Southeastern, PAApril 23, 2016
PPSP continues to see a large amount of pt. through out the day. Productivity is steady. Cycle time and getting pt. out with in the hour can be challenging. Never the less we maintain flow put our best foot forward and provide the excellent customer service to reinsure our pt.'s. are receiving the best care and service.
Pros
Free birthcontrol
Cons
working to reiensure each pt. cycle through in an hour.
Team Player
Office Assistant (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOApril 19, 2016
Working at Planned Parenthood has lots of different opportunities to grow. Everyone works as a team when possible. Protesters and other outside media make this job experience a very negative and stressful place to go into but walking into the building able to help your community is so important.
Pros
Working as a team
Cons
Protesters
ppla
Certified Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 19, 2016
busy place to work at, great to obtain a lot of experience for OB/GYN and entry level. Mostly P.A.'s and N.P.'s that see patients regarding family planning services. Lots of changes in management while employed. No expectations in salary changes or advancements.
Pros
starter job
excellent goals to help woman around the country
Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kennewick, WAApril 8, 2016
Overall it is a great company, some management make it hard to work there since they do not help you grow within the company and don't work with you on personal issues.
Pros
free birth control for employees, benefits
Cons
don't help you succeed with in the company, not enought opportunities to grow, dont work with you on time off needed, not even for emergencies
productive and fun workplace
Administrative Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAApril 7, 2016
everyone's pretty much focused on team work
it is fast paced, could be good days and bad but everyone helps you be stress free
Pros
free lunches
Cons
management
Productive and balanced workplace
Support Associate (Current Employee) –  Glens Falls, NYMarch 31, 2016
This is a great place to work, a fun atmosphere and a great team. This corporation knows what team work is. The work environment is great and the training team is supportive.
Focus on women's healthcare
Supply Chain Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Colchester, VTMarch 26, 2016
Non-profit culture in which everyone needs to make sacrifices. Great focus on women's healthcare and helping those who otherwise might not receive sufficient medical services. The hardest part of working with any small company is not much room to grow or money to support growth (i.e. no tuition reimbursement).
Pros
Non-profit culture helping women and men access to excellent gynecologic health care
Cons
Not much room to grow in a small business
Averge place to work
Women's Health Nurse Practitioner (Former Employee) –  El Cajon, CAMarch 25, 2016
Average place to work. Clinicians are very pleasant and nice to work with. Management is very nice. Average benefits and Ce reimbursements.
productive
Business Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 23, 2016
A typical work day at planned parenthood very busy. Co Workers were like family we worked as a team whenever needed to. the hardest part of the job was communicating with patients i diet speak the same language as.
work is where the heart is at
Advance Clinical Assistant/Research Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Meriden, CTMarch 20, 2016
typical day at work is knowing you changed someones life in many different ways, whether its fully acknowledging someones presence to just actually listening to a patients and letting them know that we care.
Great Medical Assistant Experience
Medical Assistant/RHS III (Former Employee) –  Napa, CAMarch 18, 2016
My experience at this organization started with my passion for helping people, women's reproductive rights, and access to quality healthcare. Throughout my career I had many ups at Planned Parenthood but with the rapid growth of the organization Overall great experience.
Pros
non-profit, affordable healthcare, flexibility, cross training in front office/back office
Cons
salary, benefits, protestors, employee moral at times, lack of communication, non-qualified staff in certain roles
Not an easy environment
Counselor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 18, 2016
I do counseling for patients who are having a termination, having an HIV test or need pregnancy testing. I enjoy what i do because of my patients and because i know i make a difference in someone's life on a daily basis
Pros
4 weeks paid vacation
Cons
Short staffed
Patients are everything
PAYROLL AND HRIS MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 17, 2016
Staff are nurturing care givers who come to work each day to further the mission. Great diversity of staff, and progressive attitude.
Great Benefits and wage.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 17, 2016
Loved working for Planned Parenthood! The staff is amazing. Everybody you meet is super sweet. So many job positions with this company, I've worked here 2 years and have yet to meet everyone who works for Planned Parenthood. They try to reward you for going above and beyond with paid days off and sometimes gift cards! I dislike how often things are constantly changing with the company.
Pros
Benefits, employee perks, co-workers
Cons
30 minute lunch breaks. Constant changes.
Typical Busy Medical Practice
Healthcare Representative (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCMarch 16, 2016
At the point when I was hired it was for weekends only. I enjoyed the work. I even traveled to Chapel Hill to visit a sister clinic for more training
Good work enviroment
Heatlh Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMarch 15, 2016
Good place to work and learn. Employees are passionate about mission, and provide quality care. Long hours not as competitive wages.
Pros
great mission
Cons
employees are not recognized all the time
Productive, excellent employees, was able to training others under my supervision.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SC 29403March 15, 2016
Assisting Physician with assignments, learning new procedures and changes to EMR/EHR software, advance in phlebotomy, supervised other employees, busy and productive days, well-mannered and office full of team players, adjusting to decreased hours, able to get through a hectic work day and making sure patient was very satisfied of the care they receive from the staff.
Pros
Building relationships, basic care
Cons
Seeing patients struggle with bad news, unruly patients
I love it
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, NYMarch 7, 2016
I love my job, Somethings like with any company need to be worked on. They are very understanding and have great benefits . over all is a great place to work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood. Our community is ready to answer.