Planned Parenthood Employee Reviews

high paced work enviroment
Reproductive Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Southeastern, PAJune 19, 2017
we see a total of 90 to 100 patients a day its very high paced learn can learn a lot working here. Everyone get along we all help each other out through out the day because sometimes it can get stressful.
Community oriented
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJune 16, 2017
This company did a lot for the community. They have great programs that are cost effective for the community. I have a great time working on some outreach activities.
Job
Medical assistant clinical trainer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 14, 2017
I am a Medical Assistant Clinical Trainier. I love what I do as a MAC. I have class room training and on site training with new employees. the management here is great. my typical day is to checking my emails and completing any tasks that may need to be done. I also update training plan outline.
Reproductive health information is important, but often tainted by politics
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 13, 2017
It is very important to teach people about their reproductive organs and about STI prevention, however I often felt as if my fellow volunteers would not stop competing over who could be the most progressive. I love information but dislike when people insert their blatantly identitarian politics over it.

I don't regret my time volunteering with Planned Parenthood and remember it with pride, however I would not choose to volunteer here again.
Pros
Free pizza, candy, fulfilling work
Cons
Identity politics and virtue signalling
Productive and fun environment
Development Intern (Former Employee) –  Plattsburgh, NYJune 12, 2017
The work environment is fun and productive but the turn over rate is very high. The medical department and the administrative department are separated in location and in comradery.
Lacking in management, huge turnover in nursing.
RN, BSN (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 12, 2017
Huge turnover due to workplace culture which does not value individuals. Lack of effective management leading to chaotic and dysfunctional environment. No transparency in decisions, no consultation with staff regarding changes that affect the clinic, including hiring decisions and schedules.
Pros
Amazing, committed staff. A sense of mission and genuinely being needed by patients.
Cons
Short staffed, no breaks, poor training
Best place to work
Health Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 10, 2017
This was honestly the best place to work. My team was absolutely amazing! Everyone was so willing to learn from and teach each other. I have never been so happy at a job than I have been here.
Productive and diverse work environment
Health Care Advocacy Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJune 9, 2017
As a volunteer I am able to assist in different areas of the organization. I love to be able to push the mission of Planned Parenthood forward. I want to continue my work with them,
Run!
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Vista, CAJune 7, 2017
I can only speak from my own experience. Started off thinking I had a great job. Soon as I realized it wasn't when I saw how pety and caty the staff was and how they tried to make me feel like I did something to them or wasn't involved in the team. I guess people will always try to put you down before they ever have anything nice to say about you. Group of girls did nothing but gossip and talk about the people that go there thinking that the medical personnel is going to be professional, of course nobody ever says anything or they will lose their jobs. If you think your business is private, it's not. I personally don't agree with abortions but I didn't let it affect my job or pass judgment on these women and sometimes young girls. Poorly managed, if you try to say anything your best keeping it to yourself. Best advice to anyone trying to get a job is to smile and be fake, and pretend to like everyone you work with.
Very fun and adaptable place to work.
Reproductive Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 7, 2017
I loved my time here. They truly care about their employees and the employees care about the work they do. It was easily the most rewarding professional job I have ever had, both personally and professionally.

Want to know more about Planned Parenthood?

Ask a question
Friendly staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Urbandale, IAJune 2, 2017
Friendly staff and appreciative patients. Hardest part is potential loss of funding and therefore closing of centers so hard to ensure job security. Love the work they do!
Productive and fun environment
HCA (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 31, 2017
Working at planned parenthood is such a great time. My days always go by fast and you are always learning new and fun ways to educate patients. Its such a great environment.
Great organization/ horrible management
Patient Access Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kearny Mesa, CAMay 31, 2017
Working for this non profit organization was an amazing experience. Being there for the mission was what makes each and every one of us want to wake up and go to work. However, it seems like the management communication is very poor. I heard numerous complaint of employees not satisfied with their job position or okay with the center managers and it seemed that HR never seemed to do anything about it. They rather have their employees quit than address any issues or solve any problems. They also seem to favorite their top directors at the administration building that they forget about the actual clinics themselves. Overall, my experience there was great, but it is very disappointing that they seem to care more about the salaries of the directors then the actual employees caring for the community and its patients.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 25, 2017
Very busy and rewarding clinic for many patients from men to women you learn a lot everyday. We focus on women's health as well as help men. Are modo care no matter what and that's what we strive for
Pros
Great team learn a lot
Cons
Short breaks
A very busy office and teamwork A MUST
Clinical Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLMay 24, 2017
Doctors are very helpful in teaching patients and staff, The building is nice and very safe all the people who needs a place to go to for healthcare needs to go there they will be PLEASED
Productive, fast pace, at times miss informed about all that Planned Parenthood services that are offered.
Health Center Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INMay 23, 2017
Planned Parenthood is a very good company and I'm proud to be employed here. I have learned that abortion is not all that we offer. We are Womens health .
Great company
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAMay 22, 2017
Working at Planned Parenthood is an honor.
The culture of the clinic was very positive and everyone supported you.
The work was very gratifying and offered many opportunities for learning something new.
Pros
Important work
Cons
Low Pay
Educational experience working there.
Medication ◇ Assist in surgical procedures (Former Employee) –  Joplin, MOMay 16, 2017
Checked in patients, gave shots for Birth Control, education of birth control and STD dis STD testing. Most enjoyable was assisting the Dr. or NP in procedure done such as implanting birth control.
Horrible joke place to work
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 14, 2017
HR was a joke and never even answered phone calls from clinic. Clinic supervisors didn't care about patients or their staff. Their pay is nothing and no where near most medical positions salary. HIPAA and OSHA problems, have you lie when getting audited. No training only 3 days at business office to sit at a desk and most MA's never get fully trained here. Ridiculous. I love planned parenthood but the Arizona one makes them all look bad.
Some Good Some Bad
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 12, 2017
PPPSW admin office mission is great location to work on San Diego. The computer system is very easy to learn and basically the company is easy flowing if you have medical billing,admin,or insurance knowledge you will fit in there is little to No training and the supervisors are far from truthful with help and how things are going with company.
Pros
Location, dress attire very casual
Cons
Benefits are very costly, Lack of communication/honesty from dept.leads

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Parenthood. Our community is ready to answer.