Planned Systems International Employee Reviews

Planned Systems International
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Detrick, MDApril 20, 2017
PSI is dedicated to their people. They care about the customer as well. They want for the people to have a balanced career --- do your job, but your family comes first. They have good benefits, the managers are caring, and they have a great HR Department. They provide training, and push education to better yourself. The hardest part of the job was not being able to telework. We could only telework , if approved in advance. We were able to telework, if an emergency arose. I don't want to give any bad impressions....this is a great company to work for!!!!
Pros
Paid for lunches, had meetings with all employees
Productive, Innovative Company
Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDApril 7, 2017
PSI is an awesome company to work for, provides multitude of opportunities for career progression. Excellent training and development program available to all employees. Great benefits package, all around great company.
Fun and productive place to learn new language
Web Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Frederick, MDFebruary 26, 2017
They provide many resources for you to become familiar working with new language and are always there for help if you need them.They provide many team building activities to become comfortable with your work group.
Planned Systems outage
Information System Security Officer (ISSO) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 25, 2016
Planned Systems International operates an IT Service support organization. They overload office spaces beyond reason-single offices house 3-4. A conference room was re-purposed as a communal office housing 12-16. Offices are provisioned with glass top desks that should normally be given to high school students. Basically its an IT Sweat shop.

Quite oddly, tenure is not a business consideration. They have a very high rate of turnover. This mostly appears to be contracts not renewed or staff not retained after initial period. Several key staff left of their own will.
Pros
Monthly happy hours
Cons
no privacy, lack of space, inadequate facilities
Great Job
LEP ST Linguist (Current Employee) –  Columbia, MDOctober 21, 2015
Job is great, love doing this job, helps networking, Company is great.
Management and operations is handled at the site by another company so the different company policies conflict lot of times.
Long ways to go for the management to fall in these guidelines
Vice-President / Advisory to CEO (Current Employee) –  Arlington, VAJuly 6, 2015
Reported to CEO

Business Development
Tactical Teaming Relationships with other Prime Vendors
Strategic Marketing and Social Media support
Operational Support
Advisory to CEO
Defense Health Agency Business Development
Pros
Poor Management
Cons
N/a
A global leader in providing technology enabled business solutions and services.
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 21, 2015
Planned Systems International
Data Lead (Former Employee) –  ArlingtonAugust 27, 2014
They have a niche area that they are doing great business though not a large company. Their onboarding and care for their employees is second to none.
Pros
Exceptional benefits and employee care
Cons
Too small to have much room for movement.
Team-based work environment
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAFebruary 13, 2014
Personally I feel that this was by far the best job I ever had before. As far as my co-workers go I felt they were very friendly, hard-working, smart individuals. I never felt like I had to pull anybody else weight, management was pretty straightforward and reasonable with delegating tasks and the tools required to complete them, the location was great in terms of places to eat for lunch. Overall the corporate culture was quite exhilarating. In terms of my actual job of Data Technician I felt it was quite interesting being exposed to Oracle 11g and SQL update scripting as it was much simpler than I first thought yet very powerful. The project itself gave me some insight on some of the administrative tasks a medical clinic/hospital may partake and the possibility of how many administrative tasks could probably be more efficient for both the client and employee in many industries. The thing I enjoyed most about working there was the corporate culture if you will. What I mean is the company would hold events and encourage all employees to participate and most actually did. Some events where charity based and some was company based. In some ways it was starting to feel almost like a second family of sorts. It was then and there I learned that a job was more than just a place to earn a check and that its culture mattered to me more than previously thought.
Pros
Lobby vending machine, local restaurants for lunch, environment/culture
Cons
Other than this one guy that annoyed me, I would say none
Good Company
Jr Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAAugust 22, 2013
very involved with their employees and customers, CEO provided great morale to all employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Planned Systems International. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5