Plant-Partners Employee Reviews

Replenishment of Product that had been sold out
Merchandiser (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCApril 19, 2017
The company is fun to work for. Just part part time hours. Get to work around all types of customers. Assisting them in how to design a flower bed.Never had a bad day.
Pros
Work Outside
Cons
Sun can get very hot
Part-Time, Seasonal work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Murrells Inlet, SCApril 13, 2017
A typical day at work: straighten, replenish and ensure products are priced. On shipment days, you will pull product in store on carts and place it according to where management tells you to put it. I learned alot about plants. The on-site manager is very helpful. The hardest part of the job is putting out the product while working in crowded conditions. The most enjoyable part of the job is the workout you will get from doing the work...

(+) Sufficient training, fast-paced, teamwork, fair pay, and you will learn alot about plants.

(-) Hours are minimal and not guaranteed if you are entry-level; Last-second scheduling, the carts can be heavy, no mileage compensation, you will be giving alot of customer service not related to your product that Home Depot employees should be providing but cannot due to being understaffed.
Depends on your region.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Severn, MDApril 5, 2017
I worked in two separate districts for Plant Partners, at one everything was really organized with great connection to that store's L&G Dept Manager. At the other, management was your biggest enemy in getting work done properly.

At the former, you'd have someone to work out great ideas with and make the place great. At the other, it was honestly a lazy get it done crapshoot. The experience honestly depends on yourself, your coworkers, your market, and the associates/management of the store you work at.
Pros
Tons of work flexibility
Cons
Tons of work flexibility
Interesting work
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, VAMarch 9, 2017
Rewarding seasonal work, with opportunity for a variety of outdoor tasks including interacting with store staff, learning about plants and creating product displays.
awesome wonderful job
Merchandiser/Live Plant Consultant/Sales-Temporary (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCMarch 9, 2017
love it love it love it The toughest part is finding a place for all the plants that come in. You get to work outside and be creative and work with beautiful plants.
Pros
outside.
Cons
bad weather, job lasts from feb to june
A fun place to work
Plant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCMarch 8, 2017
I enjoyed working for plant-partners. It was a fun and interesting job. The people I worked with were very nice and informative. I learned a lot and I enjoyed every part of the job.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Seasonal work
Very productive
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCFebruary 5, 2017
This is great company to work for very flexible with scheduling,fast paced environment,management is willing to explain the jobs duties and expectations
Pros
Outdoor job
Cons
Rainy weather
was a great part time job
Plant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Paducah, KYFebruary 2, 2017
It was very educational learning about the different flower and ground covers and how to care for them. Also how much water each plant needs as well as how to dead head them.
Fun job to have.
Assist customers (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJanuary 23, 2017
Work with plants outdoors the weather can be a challenge. You will move heavy carts, set out plants per Plan o Gram. Work with a team to insure plant are out in a timely manner.
Enjoyable, Fun, Quality Hard Work
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCJanuary 22, 2017
I absolutely loved working for Plant Partners. The Staff was wonderful to work with, the environment was friendly and warm, and there was always work to be done.

It was hard work, which unfortunately I was not as skilled as I would have liked at the more physical aspects, but my co-workers were incredibly supportive, encouraging me to be better and work harder, and I never lost heart in what I had to do.

I unfortunately could not continue as I no longer had transportation to and from work, as I was living in a different county.

But overall, the company, the staff, and the work are all wonderful.
Pros
Hard work, always work to be done, friendly environment and staff, it is outside most of the time
Cons
Physically taxing sometimes, have to work at decent pace, not much downtime aside from break

Want to know more about Plant-Partners?

Ask a question
Absolutely love
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAJanuary 15, 2017
Awesome environment and duties. Would always recommend. Not happy that it's only part time and seasonal. Awesome staff and duties. No benefits unfortanely
Great being outside with beautiful plants
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VAJanuary 3, 2017
I was outside all day spending my time stocking and arranging plants. I answered peoples questions. I was very physical and I was busy all day. Friendly co-workers and boss
Pros
Being with nature
Cons
short term job
very good seasonal job
Lead Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Huntersville, NCNovember 20, 2016
plenty of opportunity to work outside and keep yourself physically fit.

great people to work with both at Plant Partners and at the client's
locations.

perfect job for people looking for seasonal work during the spring.
Good way to learn how to merchandise product
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta North, GANovember 9, 2016
If you are a outdoor person and don't mind getting your hands dirty this is the place for you.
If you are looking for full-time work year round, this is not the place for you.
Good part time position
Plant Merchandiser (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Tarboro, NCNovember 8, 2016
This was one of my first jobs. Awesome as a summer job, you're outside all day! I love plants in general so it was great. I learned a lot about caring for plants while working here so my thumb got a little bit greener. One part that I loved about working here was that the hours were very consistent. I would usually work Mon-Fri 8-1. They worked with my schedule if I had a day that I needed off as well. Only thing negative is that the manager was very intimidating at times and was very dry. I didn't know if she was being serious, joking or mad at times. For the most part I was the only merchandiser at my location and worked alone, which I didn't mind at all. If I had any questions at all I could call the assistant manager and she answered any and everything.
Pros
being outside, good hours for part time
Cons
sometimes very hot work, snappy management at times
I think that plant partners is a great company to work for
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCJuly 23, 2016
the hardest part about this job is the heat.i have learned a lot about flowers and how they grow and how to plant them.I work alone in this job but the people that i had met were great.
Pros
you will learn a lot about flowers
Cons
they could listen to their employees a little moore
Excellent work atmosphere,
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJuly 21, 2016
Work begins early and is demanding, but rewarding. Working with plants and people is fabulous. Management is helpful and lets you set your own pace. Co workers are great and always willing to help. The hardest part of the job is battling the elements outside, hot, cold. The most enjoyable part is the customers. Helping them, teaching them, and watching them leave satisfied.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No benefits
Beautiful and healing work environment
Plant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAJuly 7, 2016
Worked hands-on with plants. Assessed product on the sales floor and the new product that came in. Arranged and rearranged the stock on hand in the most appealing way possible.
Pros
Great manager and teammates, not too stressful
Cons
Challenging weather at times
Job location was just 10 minutes from my house.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 5, 2016
Excellent personnel, time frame of work was great, enjoyed the plants and the customers. Enjoyed learning about plannograms and how to judge plants.
Pros
working hours
Cons
hot weather
fun place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 28, 2016
good hours in the being then it slows down and so does ur hours. Picks back up in September for fall season. Then in December u work first 2 weeks then no more till march have to reapply.
Pros
good breaks when its hot
Cons
no healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plant-Partners. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2