Plant-Partners

Plant-Partners Employer Reviews

Excellent
Merchandiser (Current Employee), NashvilleJanuary 27, 2015
love just wished it wasnt seasonal. Wonderful company. Love being outdoors
Nice place to work
Floor merchandiser (Former Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 25, 2015
Pros: getting to know the customers and what they were looking for at the store
Cons: no benefits
very friendly place to work and get to know the customers and staff and to learn things about plants and gardening. They have several locations in Richmond. They work around your schedule if you go to school as well. Everyone was willing to help other on tasks.
Hard work, but good pay
Retail Merchandiser (Former Employee), Paducah, KYDecember 13, 2014
Hard job at times. A little boring at others. Well worth the pay.
Floral displays
Merchandiser (Former Employee), North CarolinaDecember 1, 2014
Set up displays of flowers in different arrangements by kinds and colors, deadhead flowers, water plants, enter reports, customer service,
Wonderful Job
District Manager (Current Employee), Fort Wayne, INNovember 18, 2014
Great experience and Good people all the way around. Every day was something new, so it never got boring. Have to be available for travel 80% of the time employed. The company really takes care of their employees and makes sure everyone has what they need at all times.
Duties
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 29, 2014
• Vendor Plants out of Home Depot Store
• Water and Stock plants that was shift in from the farm
• Maintain and Sale the plants
Plant Partners was a creative and physically stimulating job
Merchandise Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, TNSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: the great outdoord, wonderfull people
Cons: the heat and often hard physical labor
First would like to say that my boss was a wonderful person, he had an eye for a job that was well done and was not afraid to give encouragment or advice on the best method to complete a project. I very much liked to go into work to find new shipments of beautiful plants and trees or shrubs. I enjoyed arrainging the product in its proper location. Every day I learned something new about the products we maintaind. I was a physiclly hard job most of the time but I felt like I was in excellent physical shape because of it. The lowes store personell were helpful and friendly. I enjoyed the fact that I was there to take care of certian merchandise and given the freedom and time to do it properly. Occisonally I had to go to a different Lowes location to assist with getting the product placed and off the carts. I enjoyed this also. The only thing I did not like was seasonal and not year round.
Okay place to work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Paducah, KYJuly 28, 2014
Pros: some weekends off
Cons: the hours
The people that I worked with at the time were not so great to work with. But the job it self was amazing.
Productive fun with merchandiser product into retail stores
Merchandiser Vendor (Former Employee), Huntersville, NCJuly 23, 2014
Pros: work freedom, display designing, great interaction with the customers
Cons: no healthcare, short breaks
I was a lead merchandiser. I was in charge of a small group of peoples. We would pull distress product off the tables and replace with fresh looking product. We would build displays out on tables in according with that month plant-o-gram. We would help customer figure out planting situation. Hardest part of a day job would be not having the items that may be on a sales ad. Best part of it all is watching a customer walk away knowing something new about what they was purchasing in the store.
Beautiful scenery and sense of calmness.
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Saint Mary's, GeorgiaJuly 3, 2014
Pros: independent work time, beautiful view.
Cons: working in the rain
Start the day off maintaining plants and growing produce upkeeping with physical appearance. Organize merchandise on shelves. Watering and rotating of merchandise for overall health of the products. Maintained cleanliness workplace environment. I've learned how to present colors with merchandise for production sales. I did not have any other co-worker, I worked by myself most of the time. Hardest part of the job was to figure out problems by myself since there were nobody to help assist me, Most enjoyable part of the job was being outside in a beautiful presentation of plants and flowers.
Nice to work outside.
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Martinsville, VAJuly 2, 2014
I learned a lot about plant. It was a great job for the summer and cannot wait to be back next season.
Good learning experience/horticulture. Very fast pasted in the summer moths. Fun place to work with plants
Plant Merchandiser (Current Employee), Washington, NCMay 16, 2014
We safety check our isles. Unload vendor carts and put plants/products where they are to go. I have learned a lot about plants and how to answer peoples questions about them. Management could be more hands on. Co-Workers need to be more team player minded. Hardest part of the job is dealing with adverse weather conditions and not getting enough hours. the most enjoyable part is talking with the customers and setting tables in pretty displays.
Fun and exciting job.It was a physical job, but I love it.
Organizing plants and flowers (Former Employee), Shelby, NCMarch 6, 2014
My day at Plant Partners was putting flowers and plants in there right positions on the tables to make sure the public could find them. I learned what flowers could be planted when and what season to plant them in. My coworkers was always willing to help me learn my job better. The hardest part was we were outside and the weather was not always pleasant, but I still loved this job. It was an very interesting job and I loved learning about flowers and plants.
Took care of plants in condos and offices
plant tech (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLDecember 30, 2013
I don't have anything good to say or bad .I took care of plants in condos and office buildings.
ZERO Work/Life Balance
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Rock Hill, SCNovember 7, 2013
Pros: work o utside
Cons: no healthcare, no benefits, no saturdays off, no schedule, no plans, no life, lousy pay.
I started as a merchandiser with Stacy's Greenhouses before it was bought out by Metrolina. Things have gone dramatically downhill since! NO LIFE possible with this position. NEVER know when, or if, I am going to be working, sometimes until after I should already have left for work that day. I do not get my hours for the week usually until the week is at least half over! No way to plan. No way to make appointments. No way to see friends or family. Sometimes it is so bad that I don't know until half-way through my day how many hours I am going to work that day! IMPOSSIBLE! I absolutely cannot recommend this job to anyone who wants to have a life AND a job. Plus, never a Saturday off. Bah Humbug!
PT position in merchandising
Merchandising (Current Employee), Hillsborough, NCSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: spring and fall, work 8 hour shifts
Cons: no opportunity for advancement or raise
Unloading deliveries and setting up displays and tables with various perennials and annuals; shrubs and trees; indoor plants. Assisting customers with what best to plant in regards to sun or shade, when to plant certain vegetables, deer resistant choices, flowering or ornamental. Unloading carts is the hardest part of the job.
Very fun and productive job
Lead Merchandiser Supervisor (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCSeptember 4, 2013
Pros: being outside
Great people to work for treated me great all around and worked around my school schedule perfectly
Fun workplace with flexible hours
Merchandiser (Current Employee), Huntersville, NCJuly 31, 2013
Pros: the hours were flexible
Cons: working in the rain and heat.
Being able to go a store and changing it from being very unorganized and not looking good to being able to look back after the work is done at how wonderful all the flowers and organizational flow looks. Learning the different types of all flowers and what they do in your garden and in landscapes.
enjoyable temporary gig
Vendor (Former Employee), Tupelo, MSJuly 9, 2013
fun work environment. inclement weather is the toughest thing to deal with.
Don't bother unless you want to work 2 months.
merchandiser (Former Employee), virginiaJune 16, 2013
Pros: plants
Cons: management lies
The job is okay but management lied to me and told me that it would be seasonal and that it would consist of spring and fall. Apparently there is no fall. They hired a whole bunch of us and now they will terminate us and only keep one person on per store. For the pay and the type of work you can certainly do better. I was told that I would have to reapply next year for them. Geez.