Plant Essentials, Inc. Employee Reviews

Worst job ever
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, OHJuly 4, 2016
This was absolutely the worst job I have ever had in my entire life. Although my supervisor was nice the lady I actually worked with was awful.. They really didn't train you a whole bunch. It was just a complete mess.. The pay was awful for all the physical labor you have to do and the lowes employees stand around whole you work your ### off... All around a bad job that isn't worth the stuff you deal with... Oh and the break you get is a joke!!!
Pros
Cons
Horrible job
friendly busy
Field Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Quakertown, PA 18951December 16, 2016
no benefits , driving to each store location , outdoor work and plant care in a retail environment for corporate garden centers. fast paced rewarding. I can make my own schedule.
Great Company
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Richmond, KYOctober 31, 2016
Great company to work for, decent starting pay with fair advancements. Management is great, my only complaint is there are no benefits.
Absolutely amazing job!
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOJune 13, 2016
One of my favorite jobs. I wish I had more hours and it was a more permanent job. but I'm a full time student so its probably best that its only seasonal. I'm a mom of two small kids so the flexible schedule is fantastic!
Pros
schedule flexibilty
Cons
its only seasonal and hours are limited
good job
Plant Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sandusky, OHApril 16, 2016
I loved going to work and working at my own pace. Got a good work out doing this job, always an upbeat good time. The only down fall was the cold and rain.
Pros
working outside
Cons
the store manager
Really good company to work for.
FIELD COORDIANTOR (Current Employee) –  Perkasie, PANovember 11, 2015
Fun place to work with supportive management.
Flexible hours with a lot of room for growth.
Most fun part about the job is seeing the affect of my days work and task completed.
Pros
Flexible hours, having great teams
Cons
Teammates that didnt want to work together
Plant Essentials is not an EEOC company
Plant Personnel (Former Employee) –  MichiganNovember 19, 2014
If you are a friend or family member of management i.e. district manager or metro coordinator and you are not a minority then you will have no problems. Management is good at setting you up to lose your job if they don't like you or you are not a part of their immediate circle.
Pros
The district manager and the metro coordinator for Michigan never comes to your job, They say they are at work but really at home, No other pros unless you are a friend or family member of the district manager or metro coordinator
Cons
If they don't like you they will fire you without an explanation, they will pass you over to give promotions to their friends and family, They say horrible things about you if they do not like you or want to get rid of you
Good physical work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  MichiganApril 18, 2014
Field Supervisor created more problems then help when they showed up once a week.Working with the store employees was great.Loved setting up displays.Even thou we were not suppose to wait on customers it was nice to help when we could.Plan o gram ok as a rough draft but not all store locations can fit to it.Adjustments need to be considered.I was able to work 4 days 10 hours but when the next season came around was told that wasn't an option.The Con for this job is seasonal ,wage freeze and no benefits and poor management.
Pros
Good physical work and lots of fresh air
Cons
management, Plan o gram needs to be a rough draft not set in stone
Great place to work if u like the summer weather.
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Perkasie, PAMarch 31, 2014
:Come in find out how many trucks came in. Unload truck's. Fill tables and shelves with product. Make sure customers are finding what they need. Stage orders for secound shift.
:Learned a lot about plants. What plant gets more sun then the other, wich one needs more sun light, etc.
:Great management team
:Everybody worked as team players
:Hardest part about job is dealing with all the diffrent things plants put off
:Loved working outside, and learning about plants.
Pros
Everyday they would have drink and healthy snack for break.
Cons
Days that it rains
Easy and flexible company to work for.
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Chillicothe, OHSeptember 25, 2012
On a typical day at work I come in and the first thing I do is prune and remove dead buds and debris while condencing and straitening stock on tables and racks. Next I stock empty holes in tables and racks with new product always remembering to rotate stock. Once that is taken care of I begin to water all plants, sweep, and spray out debris. Depending on day of the week or season new plants are always coming in and must be put so they are able to be shopped. Working here I have learned a great deal about different types of plants and have learned about flora I had never seen or heard of before.
Pros
flexible hours, outdoors, beautiful plants
Cons
lack of connection with superiors
A day at work
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIJanuary 2, 2013
I picked my own hours, I chose 8am-4pm. I came in at 8:00, I would clock in, then go outside and check every isle and clean everything, make sure all the plants are watered. After doing that I would go to the back of the store where we get shipments in and if there were shipments I would make room for them and put them away in an orderly fashion. This was my job for the whole day, I continued to re-clean, and make space for product.
Pros
i got to pick my own hours.
Cons
very hot weather outside with a strict clothing policy.
Great Job
Plant Vendor (Former Employee) –  Ashland, KYJanuary 26, 2013
I stocked the Lowe's garden section. It was a good job. The only drawback is that its only available for the summer months. Limited supervision and enough work to keep you busy all day made the time at work fly. Working outside was sometimes inconvenient, but you decided your own schedule, all I had to do was work all the hours allotted for the week. So I could work 3 10 hour days or six 5 hour days or anything in between, Having that freedom was the best part of the job. If your detail oriented of at all obsessive compulsive, this job would give you your fix. With constant shifting of new plants and old, as well as just reorganizing tables, the work barely ever ended.
Pros
stayed busy, choose your own hours
Cons
weather conditions, seasonal work
Great Job to Work
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  Perkasie, PANovember 3, 2014
Love the people I work with. Typical day varies depending on what part of the season it is. Management is great, laid back, friendly. This job isn't hard. You learn how to handle and work through the stress of peak time. Most enjoyable part of my job is team work, working with like minded workers, being look up to for direction and support.
Pros
a lot of pros to this job
Cons
raises are hard to come by
It was an enjoyable job
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for the company. I wouldnt mine going back when the season start back. You work with different plants. I arrange them on tables, hang the baskets up. Remove dead plants.
Seasonal employment with the opportunity to learn about flowers, plants, and trees.
Merchandiser (Part-Time/Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Perkasie, PAJuly 28, 2014
This position was seasonal and I only had the opportunity to work at Lowes for a short period of time. My co-worker was pleasant but didn't seem to want to share her knowledge and assistance with me at times. The two of us merchandisers were unsupervised on a daily basis but we knew what needed to be done and did so in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was learning where all of the merchandise went because there were several tables and locations and I didn't get to work for them long enough to memorize everything. The best part of the job was knowing what needed to be done and getting it done the best way we knew.
Pros
It was hands-on with the merchandise and customers.
Cons
We were asked to have little communication with the customers.
ARroganT manager
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Perkasie, PAApril 13, 2013
I really loved the work. I really loved the schedule. Even though it is repeatedly described as NOT being the prime job focus as set forth by Plant Essentials management, I loved interaction with Lowe's garden center customers when approached because I possess quite a bit of green industry know-how. During the early summer a huge problem developed because this PE manager began to consistently treat a female co-worker with a very different, much more favorable set of standards. On any given day if this manager wasn't in a bad mood, he was falsely arrogant. This old man knows almost nothing about the plants he works with. Plant Essentials is Lowe's sole vender for garden center merchandising. Some (but not all) Lowe's employees at this particular Midwest store looked down their nose at Plant Essential employees as if they are
Pros
customer interaction
Cons
difficult management
Plant Essentials
Merchandizer (Former Employee) –  New YorkMay 6, 2013
Enjoyable work, however, make sure you get it IN WRITING when your job will end. I was told one date when I started, and then got a big surprise when my job ended six weeks earlier than expected. Management wasn't very helpful and at times could be quite rude.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Poor management communication
This job was great. Worked with plants. I got to work my own hours, as longs as I put in 40 hrs a week.
Vender (Former Employee) –  Clarksville,Indiana.KentuckyAugust 24, 2013
Setting plants to the plant-o-gram for Lowes.
All about plants.
Management was good.
I liked all the people I worked with.
Working when it was really hot.
Working with plants, which I really love.
Pros
It is a good job.
Cons
Not when it's really hot outside.
Mismanagment is the name of the Game here
Seasonal Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2013
It is a confusing mess, they promise one thing and do another, there Mngmnt has no Idea what they are doing and the Host stores are not pleased with your presence either. they make it impossible for you to do the job there.
Pros
It's only Seasonal
Cons
Pay, Hours, Labor, Managment
nice enviornment
Planter (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 13, 2012
mangement was nice. I learned different plant families and what type of sun and shade they needed to survive. only had two co-workers and they were easy to get alone with, and the enjoyable part of my day was helping others and getting off before it got really hot outside.
Pros
hours
Cons
breaks, and being outside, flies

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plant Essentials, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9