Plant Essentials, Inc. Employee Reviews

It was a good experience
Vendor/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Abington, MAJune 26, 2015
I enjoyed working outdoors. I just wish they took more pride in their products and their employees. Not much organization was being done. Although I did enjoy my coworkers very much.
Productive and harworking
Merchandiser (Former Employee), Perkasie, PAMay 16, 2015
Pros: fun work environment
Cons: it is a seasonal position
A typical day would be looking at various planograms and properly placing the items out onto the sales floor while assisting customers with questions
outdoors work
Associate (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 16, 2015
Pros: great pay
Cons: seasonal
my job was great for summer to bad it was seasonal.i loved the weather and the guest needing help. the bad part was when it rained you still had to do your job
fun job
Field Representative (Former Employee), Quincy, MAMarch 19, 2015
Pros: you are your own boss.
Cons: seasonal job
Help unload trucks to set up garden center.Learn about different flowers and trees.work at job site without supervision, friendly coworkers.
on the weekend with my family
stocking plants and flowers (Former Employee), hamilton ohioFebruary 27, 2015
i had fun and helping out with people and i would want to do it again. i love stocking flowers and talking to people and helping them out too. i love helping people
It was okay
Merchandising Specialist (Former Employee), DeKalb, ILJanuary 6, 2015
It was an alright company. I wouldn't say it was great in any aspect. Bad management and work conditions. I wouldn't recommend to many people unless you love plants. Very boring. sfdg dsfdsf sdf sdf sdf sdf sdf sdf
Plant Essentials is not an EEOC company
Plant Personnel (Former Employee), MichiganNovember 19, 2014
Pros: the district manager and the metro coordinator for michigan never comes to your job, they say they are at work but really at home, no other pros unless you are a friend or family member of the district manager or metro coordinator
Cons: if they don't like you they will fire you without an explanation, they will pass you over to give promotions to their friends and family, they say horrible things about you if they do not like you or want to get rid of you
If you are a friend or family member of management i.e. district manager or metro coordinator and you are not a minority then you will have no problems. Management is good at setting you up to lose your job if they don't like you or you are not a part of their immediate circle.
Great Job to Work
Field Representative (Current Employee), Perkasie, PANovember 3, 2014
Pros: a lot of pros to this job
Cons: raises are hard to come by
Love the people I work with. Typical day varies depending on what part of the season it is. Management is great, laid back, friendly. This job isn't hard. You learn how to handle and work through the stress of peak time. Most enjoyable part of my job is team work, working with like minded workers, being look up to for direction and support.
Make your own hours easy schedle
Vendor (Former Employee), Warren, MIOctober 19, 2014
Pros: make own hours
Cons: repetitve
Easy job as long as you work 40 hours a week management does not complain and follow the planogram and the work will be easy just repetitve
Retail workplace
My merchandiser job (Former Employee), Warsaw, INSeptember 20, 2014
Each day I would put out new plants that came off the trucks onto tables and racks to be sold. I was able to work my hours each week with no set schedule and no weekends. The only downfall was that the job was only seasonal.
Seasonal employment with the opportunity to learn about flowers, plants, and trees.
Merchandiser (Part-Time/Seasonal) (Former Employee), Perkasie, PAJuly 28, 2014
Pros: it was hands-on with the merchandise and customers.
Cons: we were asked to have little communication with the customers.
This position was seasonal and I only had the opportunity to work at Lowes for a short period of time. My co-worker was pleasant but didn't seem to want to share her knowledge and assistance with me at times. The two of us merchandisers were unsupervised on a daily basis but we knew what needed to be done and did so in a timely manner. The hardest part of the job was learning where all of the merchandise went because there were several tables and locations and I didn't get to work for them long enough to memorize everything. The best part of the job was knowing what needed to be done and getting it done the best way we knew.
Central Station Operator
TEMP. WORK THROUGH LOWES (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJune 25, 2014
Pros: great pay
Contacting the proper source when alarm sounds off whether it be police or the home owners, also kept clean work environment.
Fun and easy environment
Vendor (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJune 20, 2014
When i use to work for this company it was fun and easy i like working with my co workers because they had so much energy and always they like working with there co workers as well
Good physical work
Merchandiser (Former Employee), MichiganApril 18, 2014
Pros: good physical work and lots of fresh air
Cons: management, plan o gram needs to be a rough draft not set in stone
Field Supervisor created more problems then help when they showed up once a week.Working with the store employees was great.Loved setting up displays.Even thou we were not suppose to wait on customers it was nice to help when we could.Plan o gram ok as a rough draft but not all store locations can fit to it.Adjustments need to be considered.I was able to work 4 days 10 hours but when the next season came around was told that wasn't an option.The Con for this job is seasonal ,wage freeze and no benefits and poor management.
Great place to work if u like the summer weather.
Field Representative (Current Employee), Perkasie, PAMarch 31, 2014
Pros: everyday they would have drink and healthy snack for break.
Cons: days that it rains
:Come in find out how many trucks came in. Unload truck's. Fill tables and shelves with product. Make sure customers are finding what they need. Stage orders for secound shift.
:Learned a lot about plants. What plant gets more sun then the other, wich one needs more sun light, etc.
:Great management team
:Everybody worked as team players
:Hardest part about job is dealing with all the diffrent things plants put off
:Loved working outside, and learning about plants.
Very active fast pace
❸ Worked as a Product Merchandiser (Former Employee), LowesJanuary 28, 2014
A typical day at work means keeping on top of the plantograms (large scale floor layouts of merchandise). Making sure the product looks presentable and making sure to pay attention to the flow of product coming in and out and contacting buyers.
fun in the sun
Temp Assignment (Former Employee), Perkasie, PADecember 16, 2013
Pros: you got to work on your own
Cons: temp postion
my daily routine was to make sure the plants is well nourish.it was a very healthy environment i enjoyed the establishment
Very hot work area in the summer.
Vendor (Former Employee), Danville, ILNovember 29, 2013
Loved the job. It was just to much working pregnant in the heat all the time.
Mismanagment is the name of the Game here
Seasonal Lead Merchandiser (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INNovember 14, 2013
Pros: it's only seasonal
Cons: pay, hours, labor, managment
It is a confusing mess, they promise one thing and do another, there Mngmnt has no Idea what they are doing and the Host stores are not pleased with your presence either. they make it impossible for you to do the job there.
Seasonal Summer Work
Vendor (Former Employee), New Haven, CTSeptember 30, 2013
Cons: seasnal
I enjoyed working for them i learned alot about the maintance of plants