Plant Essentials, Inc Employee Reviews

Workplace Culture
Merchandiser (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Washington, MONovember 14, 2017
I enjoyed working with Plant Essentials and have requested to be called back to work in 2018. I was a seasonal employee working at LOWES in Washington, MO.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Low Pay
over worked and underpaid
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Suffolk County, NYOctober 13, 2017
Pay is terrible. Work an 8 hour shift with an unpaid half hour lunch (you're only permitted a half hour). See your boss once every six weeks which sounds good but is actually ridiculous.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
terrible pay, no overtime, short breaks
Productive and fun workplace
Seasonal Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Quakertown, PAOctober 11, 2017
This was a fun but also very physical job that I'm looking forward to in the Spring. The schedule very flexible which met my needs perfectly. I would highly recommend this company to work for.
Pros
Fun flexible job
Cons
Very physical
Good Seasonal job
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ILOctober 6, 2017
Good Seasonal job. Flexible hours, nice people. Ability to work on my own with no supervision. Enjoy working outside with the plants and working at my own pace
Flexible hours and a great boss
Plant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greenland, NHOctober 4, 2017
I learned a lot about the variety of plants and how to effectively use organizational skills to make shopping for customers easier and more enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was using my own judgement as a novice in the sales world to arrange our products as best as possible. The most enjoyable part was my extremely friendly boss and co-workers who made coming into work a joy everyday. I was able to be surrounded by a lot of beauty and work at my own pace.
Great temporary job.
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MISeptember 19, 2017
Flexible and relaxing temporary job that worked around your life as needed. Though only seasonal and part-time, compensation was fair. Workplace friendliness depended on area.
A great place to work for
Temp Plant Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Nashua, NHSeptember 5, 2017
I loved working for Plant Essentials ! I just wish it was not Temp. It was very enjoyable. Very quick pass. My boss was one the best I ever had. Anybody would be lucky to work for Plant Essentials !
Pros
Great people to wok with
Cons
it was a temp job
Getting paid to garden
PLANT MERCHANDISER (Former Employee) –  Perkasie, PA 18944August 14, 2017
I love to garden, so getting paid to play with flowers seemed a plus plus. No one stands over your shoulder watching your every move, the employees of the store do not try to interfere with your intended plan for the day. Nice job if you like sunshine and gardening.
Good for a starting job
Garden Center Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHAugust 9, 2017
Nice even pace, and for being a well-paying seasonal job, I'd recommend it for anyone trying to find a job that'll only last them for the summer. You mostly get to work alone or with one or two coworkers so it is also good for those who work best by themselves.
Great part-time seasonal job.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Long Island, NYAugust 5, 2017
Loved being outdoors, working with plants. It is a physical job, you will get dirty and have to deal with the weather, but you mostly work independently. Pay should be higher, but would work there again next year and would recommend as a temporary job.
Pros
Flexible schedule, working independently
Cons
Dealing with weather, low pay
Awesome seasonal job
Plant Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Lawrenceburg, INJuly 29, 2017
I absolutely loved this job. I was able to spend the sumner outside, and I learned so much more in a short amount of time. I gained this whole new interest in botany. Don't get me wrong the work is not easy. I leave daily sweaty with dirt down my shirt or wet from the rain. But it is an awesome experience and I hope to be back next year.
Pros
Pay is nice, abilty to be creative and work at a fast pace, managment
Cons
Breaks could be longer, half an hour is not much time with traffic and I dont live in a populated area
Works with any schedule
Plant care specialist (Current Employee) –  Lowes oneonta nyJuly 13, 2017
Its an easy place to work for. You are contracted to work at various locations with plants and customers. You pick how many hours to work and on which days to work them. Its the type of job that will let you be flexible.
Pros
You pick the hours
Cons
Seasonal job
Terrible Job and do not apply
Vendor (Current Employee) –  Mantua, NJJuly 3, 2017
This job is terrible, the lowes employees harassed me and got me in trouble a lot for mistakes they have done. also the job was really slow and there's never anything to do. the pay is too low and the environment is rude. also the lowes employees talked behind your back and said rude judgemental comments when you are not there.
Pros
Cons
everything
do not work for this company
Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYJune 18, 2017
you will regret if u work for plant essentials
there are so many other jobs out there - any of them are better

they are cheap to a fault
they are rude and condescending
there is no loyalty
they are liars
you will work so hard without any appreciation
you are an outsider since you are not a lowes employee
Pros
lowes customers appreciate any help they get
Cons
too many to list. terrible company, terrible management, terrible attitudes
Its a fun job but pay wasnt right
Sales Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2017
I was getting what people was coming into the door and I been there for awhile and supervisor was not right she talk to wrong and if you had a emergency she still wanted to come in even though doctors said dont.
Fast paced work environment.
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Fairborn, OHJune 12, 2017
This is a fast paced work environment. It requires continuous lifting. You work with Lowe's employees to place and organize plants according to the plantogram. This job is fairly easy if you are able to visualize where to place items and if you have good stamina to continuously work. While working here of course you will get to know a lot about plants!
It was an easy seasonal job
Retail Plants Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Lowes Lancaster, PaJune 2, 2017
I was in charge of working my own schedule with in guidelines. I had to invoice the company the hours i worked and i was not allowed to go over a set amount but outside of that i had full reign on wheni worked. It was hard work but an easy job.

Great seasonal job
Pros
Flexibility, Self scheduling, Outside
Cons
Hard work, rapid pace, not enough hours
Management and administration was not there
Field Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 30, 2017
It was terrible and the management was terrible. Was blamed for the higher ups mistakes. I was never paid for overtime also. Lied to about people trying to contact me.
Pros
Cons
Hardly any breaks and get yelled at all the time
Working for Plant Essentials is an enjoyable job.
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Jefferson City, MOMay 20, 2017
This job allows flexible hours and is enjoyable! As a plant vendor, you also get to work outside, which is a plus for me. I've worked for them as a seasonal worker for four years.
My favorite job
Vendor (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 3, 2017
It is a seasonal position which is a bummer, but it's the best job I've had so far. Management was great, training was great, environment was great. Laid back and supportive of employees, starting pay was wonderful and raises each year. Wonderful hours too. They keep you updated on when hours go up and down so you can prepare for other employment.
Pros
Good pay, great support
Cons
Seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plant Essentials, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7