Plantation General Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Great team dynamics with committed nursing leaders
Nurse Manager, Telemetry (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 27, 2016
Fast paced workplace that forces you to be an expert at time management. Promotes resourcefulness to improvise when necessary. Workload for one manager with no assistance on a more or less challenging unit with very sick clients clambering for your assistance can be quite overwhelming and emotional when you are unable to meet the needs of those you are sworn to keep safe. Coworkers work well together to achieve the goals of the institution but the hardest part is watching all your hard work go to naught due to the inconsistencies or lack of follow through by superiors. The most enjoyable part of the job is actually hearing the accolades of patients and their families when there is an acceptable outcome.
Pros
Nursing Leadership Teams
Cons
Broken culture for hadwiring initiatives
Too bad previous management is gone
IMCU- Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 30, 2016
This was a good "stepping stone" position because it set the pace to learn how to become organized and manage your time in between patient's however I didn't feel safe taking care of patient's there sometimes.
nice atmosphere
unit secretary (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJune 27, 2016
Ok place to work. Can be better if everyone worked together. It's like it's who you know that some people get away with things. You feel like you have to walk on eggshells around certain people. That is not ok.
Fun, and clean environment
Lead Activity Group (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLDecember 4, 2015
There is room for advancement, and change. Fun, and clean environment. Appreciate staff, and staff efforts. Very supportive, when it comes to venturing out to new departments.
Pros
Employee appreciation days
Cons
New unit, still room to improve
Not what it appears
Technical Analyst I (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 31, 2015
When I initially started there it was for a contract to hire position within the IT dept. Everyone was saying it was a family environment and everyone gets along, all the while plotting behind your back. I worked there for 2 months and was told not to return as they were moving in a different direction (no further information given on why or the reason behind it).

I initially started with a backed log of tickets but quickly worked those down to under 15 at one point (remaining tickets were awaiting 3rd party vendor interaction)...did my work, interacted with a few people and went home. I was the main go to guy for issues but due to me being a contractor I only had limited access so I had to rely on the network admin for the location. Just with this small thing resolving simple issues that I should have access to took longer than expected because the network admin had his own plate of issues to deal with.

Management "seemed" nice at the time...not so sure on that now.
na
Charge Nurse/Nurse Leader (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 5, 2016
It is a small community hospital and staffing problems continue to arise and the assignments are heavy. There needs to be changes made.
Fun place to work
H.I.M. Clerk (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FloridaSeptember 9, 2015
I love to work at Plantation, we respected each other. My Supervisor
is very nice to all of us. We are family and have each others back, we can call on each other to cover our shift if something happens.
Pros
Free lunch once per month
Cons
Breaks
My first OR position
Registered Nurse, Surgical Services (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLSeptember 4, 2015
Thankful to them for providing me the opportunity to get my foot in the door into surgery. Put me through a course to learn the ropes while I worked there. Good people, nice little hospital.
Excellent place to work with hard working people.
PARAMEDIC (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FlMarch 27, 2012
Best place I have ever worked with great, supportive, hard working staff. I typical day would include working in the adult and pediatric part of the hospital and doing as much zs I can to help every single person that I make contact with. Most amazing management team I have ever worked under in the health care field. The most rewarding part of the job is seeing a team of specialist work together to provide excellent healthcare for individuals, then seeing patients go home happy and healthy.
Pros
amazing staff of people!
Was a great company and work experience
Night Shift Supervisor of Cardiopulmonary (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 9, 2012
I hired, trained and helped to develop new graduates. I also handled scheduling for each shift. I also worked in the ER,NICU,PICU, ICU/CCU. Assessed patients on a daily basis and evaluated how employees did their job. Continuous education to keep us up to date on new advancements in healthcare. We were like a family.
Pros
fair and equal, opporunities for everyone
Cons
worked to much and lost, precious tme with my loved ones
Unstable.
Environmental Services Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLFebruary 26, 2013
A typical work day starts with a very busy schedule; making sure each area is properly covered, supplies are in order. I have learned that in order to have a functioning department that every employee must be provided respect and support, each play a very important role in making the business successful.

Management need to implement sensitivity training and learn to be culturally diverse due to demographic. My co-workers are excellent people who look forward to go above and beyond call of duty, and they appreciate what they do and want to be treated with fairness and appreciation.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with unfairness in management when employees are being laid off with little consideration to how they will survive, they should be given an opportunity within the company to relocate to other positions providing they have the qualifications.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when lower management individuals are given an opportunity to provide feedback on the best method to use in order to provide better customer service, these ideas if taken seriously will help increase revenue.
Pros
employee recognition limited.
Cons
lunch breaks are short, and lousy insurance coverage.
Excellent Place to work,great customer service and patient care.
REGISTRAR PATIENT ACCESS (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLAugust 6, 2013
Every day at work with the help of my co workers and management, I keep learning and improving my work knowledge and skills. Working in a Hospital gives me the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives and is rewarding to see how all the members of the team care about patients the same way.
Nice Place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMay 2, 2012
PGH is a smaller family oriented hospital. Staff members are very friendly and work as a team.
Pros
shows employee appreciation by offering incentives
Cons
not too many opportunities for advancement
Great workplace overall and very fun.Everyone is friendly and some really reach out.
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee) –  Plantation,FlDecember 28, 2011
overall plus as an employee at Plantation General Hospital0
Pros
compensation
Cons
(c.o.w. computer on wheels)
Plantation general is like family
REGISTERED (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLApril 24, 2015
It is a very family like atmosphere at plantation.. I have been working here from 1997 .It is very warm and friendly to work here
Pros
VERY KNOWLEDGABLE
Cons
OVERLY CRITICAL OF MYSELF
I am grateful for the opportunity to work with such wonderful physicians and their office staff. I have been fortunate to have direct leadership.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLOctober 19, 2013
I look forward to reporting to work daily and having the opportunity to indirectly work to support physicians and their office staff as well as the departments within the organization. I would welcome the opportunity to have a more direct contact to assist people.
Pros
supportive manager.
Cons
significant decrease in staff within the department and within the organization.
fun workplace and teach me to be better person
Registrar (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLMarch 23, 2012
i miss to work in plantation i miss my manager he always been a respectful person and trying to help all the employees i call him sometime to see how he is doing and he always make me laugh after i left there i miss everything my coworkers my supervisor that always understand and help with any situation and some patients that only went to the hospital to say hi
Pros
excellent co workers and supervisor
Compassionate job
patient care technician (Former Employee) –  plantation flNovember 23, 2014
A typical day assisting patients in every besy way possible
What i learned is to treat others as I'd like to be treated and be compassionate at what your doing
the hardest part of the job is getting close with the patients and taking the job home with you when caring for people they become more like family
A place with many changes
PARAMEDIC (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 20, 2014
I have worked 16 years in Plantation General Hospital. It is a good working environment. Through the years people have come and gone and I have witnessed the positive and negative changes. Despite of all I have been applied all my professional knowledge and skills in a positive and productive way no matter the situation.
beautiful hospital
ER Registrar (Former Employee) –  West Palm beach, flJanuary 22, 2015
One of the most beautiful hospitals I've ever been to. Everyone was very respectful. Can't complain much about anagement because I hardly ever seen them.

Plantation General Hospital Reviews by Job Title