Plantation General Hospital

Plantation General Hospital Employer Reviews

Days go by fast, busy unit rarely get cancelled
Full time staff nurse, RN, BSN (Current Employee), Plantation, FLMarch 29, 2014
Pros: always busy, seldom cancelled
Cons: only half hour lunch break
Busy post partum floor with multiple responsibilities. Taking care of Mothers and infants.
I am grateful for the opportunity to work with such wonderful physicians and their office staff. I have been fortunate to have direct leadership.
Medical Staff Coordinator (Current Employee), Plantation, FLOctober 19, 2013
Pros: supportive manager.
Cons: significant decrease in staff within the department and within the organization.
I look forward to reporting to work daily and having the opportunity to indirectly work to support physicians and their office staff as well as the departments within the organization. I would welcome the opportunity to have a more direct contact to assist people.
Excellent Place to work,great customer service and patient care.
REGISTRAR PATIENT ACCESS (Current Employee), Plantation, FLAugust 6, 2013
Every day at work with the help of my co workers and management, I keep learning and improving my work knowledge and skills. Working in a Hospital gives me the opportunity to make a difference in people's lives and is rewarding to see how all the members of the team care about patients the same way.
Unstable.
Environmental Services Office Coordinator (Former Employee), Plantation, FLFebruary 26, 2013
Pros: employee recognition limited.
Cons: lunch breaks are short, and lousy insurance coverage.
A typical work day starts with a very busy schedule; making sure each area is properly covered, supplies are in order. I have learned that in order to have a functioning department that every employee must be provided respect and support, each play a very important role in making the business successful.

Management need to implement sensitivity training – more... and learn to be culturally diverse due to demographic. My co-workers are excellent people who look forward to go above and beyond call of duty, and they appreciate what they do and want to be treated with fairness and appreciation.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with unfairness in management when employees are being laid off with little consideration to how they will survive, they should be given an opportunity within the company to relocate to other positions providing they have the qualifications.

The most enjoyable part of my job is when lower management individuals are given an opportunity to provide feedback on the best method to use in order to provide better customer service, these ideas if taken seriously will help increase revenue. – less
productive and fun place to work
Patient Access Registrar (Former Employee), Plantation, FLJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: always busy
Cons: always busy
Always busy. My manager made it a fun place to work, very personable as upposed to his boss. Co-workers are nice people.
Interesting work
Medical transcriptionist (Former Employee), Plantation, FLAugust 3, 2012
Enjoyed working on op notes. Also did usual medical records transcription. Beginning of computer transcription.
Was a great company and work experience
Night Shift Supervisor of Cardiopulmonary (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMay 9, 2012
Pros: fair and equal, opporunities for everyone
Cons: worked to much and lost, precious tme with my loved ones
I hired, trained and helped to develop new graduates. I also handled scheduling for each shift. I also worked in the ER,NICU,PICU, ICU/CCU. Assessed patients on a daily basis and evaluated how employees did their job. Continuous education to keep us up to date on new advancements in healthcare. We were like a family.
Nice Place to work
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMay 2, 2012
Pros: shows employee appreciation by offering incentives
Cons: not too many opportunities for advancement
PGH is a smaller family oriented hospital. Staff members are very friendly and work as a team.
Good for entry level opportunity.
Patient Care Assistant (PCA) (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMay 1, 2012
Pros: phlebotomy
Cons: n/a
I enjoyed mostly are the patients.
Helping the serve them.
I specialized in hard sticks.
Mostly drawing blood.
Excellent place to work with hard working people.
PARAMEDIC (Current Employee), Plantation, FlMarch 27, 2012
Pros: amazing staff of people!
Best place I have ever worked with great, supportive, hard working staff. I typical day would include working in the adult and pediatric part of the hospital and doing as much zs I can to help every single person that I make contact with. Most amazing management team I have ever worked under in the health care field. The most rewarding part of the job – more... is seeing a team of specialist work together to provide excellent healthcare for individuals, then seeing patients go home happy and healthy. – less
fun workplace and teach me to be better person
Registrar (Former Employee), Plantation, FLMarch 23, 2012
Pros: excellent co workers and supervisor
i miss to work in plantation i miss my manager he always been a respectful person and trying to help all the employees i call him sometime to see how he is doing and he always make me laugh after i left there i miss everything my coworkers my supervisor that always understand and help with any situation and some patients that only went to the hospital – more... to say hi – less
Great workplace overall and very fun.Everyone is friendly and some really reach out.
Emergency Room Registrar (Former Employee), Plantation,FlDecember 28, 2011
Pros: compensation
Cons: (c.o.w. computer on wheels)
overall plus as an employee at Plantation General Hospital0