Plante & Moran Employee Reviews in United States

Plante Moran
Previously Receptionist & Marketing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 12, 2016
It was a great place to work for the last 13 years. The staff members throughout the firm are very pleasant and caring. They are very flexible with hours worked, overtime was available as needed.
Challenging and excellent firm
Assurance Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 25, 2016
I typically worked from 8 am to 6 pm.
I learned about auditing (cash, accounts payable and receivable, equity).
The hardest and most enjoyable part was that it was challenging. Learning concepts and applying them from engagement to engagement.
The staff were easy to work with and helpful.
Pros
Free lunch and travel
Each experience is unique
Auditor, In-charge (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 16, 2016
I can be a good experience if you're paired with the right people. Some really have a genuine interest in your career and advancement other could care less.
Pros
Professional atmosphere
Cons
Work life balance
Incredible place to work with extremely caring co-workers and management
Assurance In-Charge (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIDecember 9, 2015
Plante Moran is a great company to work for where work/life balance is a priority. It has been consistently recognized as one of the nation’s “100 Best Companies To Work For” by FORTUNE magazine and this is truly shown and felt each and every day by those who are employed. Management genuinely cares about each individual's career development and aspirations and takes the time to develop a roadmap for their goals with the firm on a bi-annual basis. As with any public accounting firm, the work hours are strenuous and long during tax season, however, employees are able to take advantage of the slower times throughout the year.
n/a
Auditor (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MINovember 19, 2015
A typical day includes auditing of major companies, along with coworkers. Also requesting information from clients in order to complete the audit.
Easy going work culture with a positive work life balance
Intern (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILNovember 14, 2015
Plante Moran was a pleasure to intern at during their busy season. The company employed like minded individuals who were friendly and eager to help others to learn.
Pros
Free lunches; plenty of overtime
Cons
six day work weeks
Very good culture and excellent Management
Staff Auditor (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILOctober 8, 2015
There was a very good culture and excellent management. Great review process. I got a lot of experience at a lot different type companies.
Lots of internal problems
Staff (Current Employee) –  southfield, MIApril 26, 2015
So much change is needed, don't know where to start. Really need to stop with the slogans, i.e. "jerk-free" "easy as pie", etc this is very passé. Upgrade technology to this century. Spend the money on this and not on the annual firm conference. No one really cares about skits and seeing who made partner - waste of a day and dollars. Get HR to stop gossiping over the fence.
Pros
Strong Michigan presence. Lot's of openings due to huge turnover
Cons
No real presence in Illinois or Ohio, Huge turnover especially in Ann Arbor Kalamazoo and Columbus offices, Partners aren't very "jerk-free" in these offices and support staff are NOT "Jerk-free" at all, If you're going to work here stay clear of these offices, they're the worst of the firm, As many of the other reviews have stated technology is so far behind.
Supportive culture and great place to work
Senior Management Consultant (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIFebruary 24, 2015
Plante Moran is a great place to work. I enjoy the work and meeting new clients however, my personal life has changed with the addition of my son. The high corporate demands to drive new business and be able to travel out of state at a moment’s notice is no longer a good fit for me.
Pros
co-workers & frim culture
Cons
travel, sales goals
Strong firm culture
Plante Moran Staff (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 15, 2015
Plante Moran, PLLC has a strong firm culture which values staff, quality of work and client service. The employees are the best part of Plante Moran.
Good work enviroment, and provided room for advancement and education growth.
Help Desk Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJanuary 3, 2015
The teamwork within the the work environment was very enjoyable, and it helped me learn a lot about team work and the value of it.
Productive place to work with multiple tasks to accomplish.
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIApril 11, 2014
A typical day would be to multi task various projects within tight deadlines. I learned how to prioritize the work day to accomplish the goals. Management did its best to accomodate requests. Most co-workers were pleasant and team players. The hardest part was to balance work and life at the busiest times of the year. The most enjoyable was to interact with a diverse group of individuals on a daily basis.
Pros
paid holidays and employer match 401(k) plans
A good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2014
Enjoy my co-workers and the environment. Very friendly staff and great flexibility for those with families.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
advancement limited
Not a good company to work for
consultant (Former Employee) –  michiganJanuary 5, 2014
I don't know how they keep winning that award. There must be something else going on that I didn't see. In the IT Security Consulting area it is a dog eat dog culture, no work life balance and the people there including HR are not the most honest of chaps.
Pros
the pay was decent
No Balance
Report Processing (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIAugust 28, 2013
I had high hopes when I first started, but within a month, I was miserable. They offered no training, and my manager couldn't answer the simplest questions. There was no balance. During the busy season, I worked 90+ hours in one week, and my manager acted disgusted when I had to leave early one day due to a family emergency. I was very relieved when I finally got out of there.
Pros
pto time, benefits
Cons
very stressful, could only take pto during the summer, unprofessional attitudes
A work/work balance
Technology Services Engineer (Current Employee) –  Southfield, MIJuly 16, 2013
The experience that I have had at this employer makes me doubt highly the validity of the Fortune 500 "best employers to work for" list
Great place to start a career
Audit In-Charge, Campus Lead at U of Toledo (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 8, 2013
Top notch CPA firm, treats employees like they are real people. My team partner and managers were all extremely interested in growing me professionally and making my career successful.
Not the most honest people work here
Manager (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIJune 13, 2013
There are some decent perks working here and the pay isn't too bad. But the way you get treated by other managers, is not the best way going about business. If you're looking for a tax and accounting firms, there are much better ones to consider. There is very little room to move up in this company also.
Pros
decent pay, pto time
Cons
long hours, dishonest management, rumors spread quickly
Great place to learn and great people
Audit Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 28, 2013
Every day is a learning experience. I mean that in a good way. Management is willing to train you and you can go as far as you want. The hardest part, just like with any CPA is the level of commitment required during peak times, but I guarantee that even thought the days could be long, the people that you work with will make it better.
Clone Factory
IT Consultant (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MIMay 22, 2013
A bit too rigid for me. If you are right out of college looking to get a good start on your career this is a great place to start.
Pros
excellent pay and benefits
Cons
stiff management and culture