Plante & Moran

Plante & Moran Employer Reviews

A good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Columbus, OHMarch 23, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: advancement limited
Enjoy my co-workers and the environment. Very friendly staff and great flexibility for those with families.
Not a good company to work for
consultant (Former Employee), michiganJanuary 5, 2014
Pros: the pay was decent
I don't know how they keep winning that award. There must be something else going on that I didn't see. In the IT Security Consulting area it is a dog eat dog culture, no work life balance and the people there including HR are not the most honest of chaps.
No Balance
Report Processing (Former Employee), Southfield, MIAugust 28, 2013
Pros: pto time, benefits
Cons: very stressful, could only take pto during the summer, unprofessional attitudes
I had high hopes when I first started, but within a month, I was miserable. They offered no training, and my manager couldn't answer the simplest questions. There was no balance. During the busy season, I worked 90+ hours in one week, and my manager acted disgusted when I had to leave early one day due to a family emergency. I was very relieved when – more... I finally got out of there. – less
A work/work balance
Technology Services Engineer (Current Employee), Southfield, MIJuly 16, 2013
The experience that I have had at this employer makes me doubt highly the validity of the Fortune 500 "best employers to work for" list
Great place to start a career
Audit In-Charge, Campus Lead at U of Toledo (Former Employee), Toledo, OHJuly 8, 2013
Top notch CPA firm, treats employees like they are real people. My team partner and managers were all extremely interested in growing me professionally and making my career successful.
Not the most honest people work here
Manager (Former Employee), Southfield, MIJune 13, 2013
Pros: decent pay, pto time
Cons: long hours, dishonest management, rumors spread quickly
There are some decent perks working here and the pay isn't too bad. But the way you get treated by other managers, is not the best way going about business. If you're looking for a tax and accounting firms, there are much better ones to consider. There is very little room to move up in this company also.
Great place to learn and great people
Audit Manager (Former Employee), Flint, MIMay 28, 2013
Every day is a learning experience. I mean that in a good way. Management is willing to train you and you can go as far as you want. The hardest part, just like with any CPA is the level of commitment required during peak times, but I guarantee that even thought the days could be long, the people that you work with will make it better.
Clone Factory
IT Consultant (Former Employee), Southfield, MIMay 22, 2013
Pros: excellent pay and benefits
Cons: stiff management and culture
A bit too rigid for me. If you are right out of college looking to get a good start on your career this is a great place to start.
Deadline driven job
Staff Auditor (Current Employee), Southfield, MIApril 26, 2013
Pros: great team environment
Cons: very inconsistent hours and schedule.
travel to client, conduct audits, meet financial statement deadlines, prepare tax returns etc.
Productive workplace but too much politics.
Operations (Former Employee), Southfield, MichiganApril 15, 2013
Pros: free lunches, good working conditions.
Cons: lowbrow antics from auditors.
Had some good times working there. However, you're on the outs if you don't anything to say, such as gossip. I came to work, not gossip. Had an interesting co-worker who would stroll into our office and would sit down to write down info to fax. He'd leave a mess at my work station, and very much two-faced. We would put in a request for updated equipment – more... such as computers and copiers, only to put up with more corporate red tape garbage. Lots of egos. You had to make everyone happy or you'll be branded as "unprofessional." Had some good people that I worked with, too. Unfortunately they were far and in between. Got laid off in 1995, which was a blessing in disguise. That one interesting two-faced co-worker that I had mentioned is now promoted to another department. I wish the company lots of luck with him at the helm. – less

June 17, 2013

Met a friend of mine who once worked at plante moran since I once used to work there. I won't name names but he mentioned to watch out for a certain higher up at their human resources. Seems that he gossips too much information to his fellow cronies within the firm. I don't know how serious he was but should I have that type of job I would keep ALL information confidential! Seems that his predecessor was the same way. Glad I got out of there when I did! Since they call themselves a PROFESSIONAL firm they are to ACT professional! Enough said.

Great job..if you do not work for the Tech department
Interal Tech Team (Current Employee), Southfield, MIFebruary 18, 2013
I will keep this very simple and precise.

If feels tech department are not treated the same as practice staff.
The practice staff come into the company knowing in so many years they will be become an associate. They have options to work from home, after hours, and other type of flexible work life. Once a year they have a firm conference where all the – more... offices come together and celebrate. Many more things to list here, but these are just a few things.

Well, in the tech world this is not the case. Many staff in the tech team have been in the same position, the same office, and almost the same pay for almost ten years. Many came in for an opportunity, but ended up leaving in the same position. and the firm conference? Well, most of the time the tech team has to work that day with no option to leave. – less
The worst work experience of my life
Operations (Former Employee), Portage, MiFebruary 7, 2013
Pros: nice office space
Cons: abusive environment
I worked in financial services operations. It took me several years to recognize it as an abusive workplace. I have worked for several good companies and was just shocked at how staff was treated. STAY AWAY.
Plante Moran offers competitive pay with a great work life balance. There is opportunity for assurance and tax work.
Assurance Staff (Former Employee), Flint, MIJanuary 3, 2013
very stressfull during tax season
Accountant and recyler (Former Employee), East Lansing, MIAugust 29, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: a lot of pressure
I mostly liked the work but had to work 10 hours days during tax time and was sooooo glad when Hershey's jumped on my bandwagone and offered me a 40 hour a week job.
Plante Moran
HR Consultant (Current Employee), Mumbai, MHJune 2, 2014
It is one of the best company to work for, good work culture, flexibility in work hours, and many other good things that makes Plante Moran a great place to work at.

About Plante & Moran

Plante Moran (www.plantemoran.com) is the nation's 13th largest certified public accounting and business advisory firm, providing – Read more