Plantronics Employee Reviews

A company in transition
Director of Finance (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJuly 10, 2017
Plantronics is a company in tranisition. it's been dedicated to culture and the community. that is shifting which is very important for many reasons, but it is not clear at this point where it will end up. but there are many smart, dedicated great people there and it has been a wonderful place to work.
Nice Work Environment
Senior Quality Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAApril 26, 2017
Blue Tooth tech. integrated into soft phone applications. Working with all windows versions and Mac OS. Hands free use of headsets with computer apps was very cool . Testing audio quality was very interesting.
Pros
Nice Work Environment
Cons
Contract posistion
Great Team
Head of Publishing & Business Development (Former Employee) –  Emeryville, CAMarch 31, 2017
Multinational and multicultural team with home office in Minsk Belerus and Cypress. World of Tanks and World of Warship products are globally 'best of the best' games in development and publishing for PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Win 10, Android and Apple.
Positive company culture and productive work environment
Communications Specialist (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJanuary 9, 2017
Plantronics is a well-know established company that thrives on its positive company culture and innovative thought. There is an emphasis on work-life balance and flexible working that increases employee productivity. My experiences with the company helped me to grow as a young professional in the fast-paced tech industry of Silicon Valley.
Easy to stay, hard to leave
Senior Manager, Supply Chain (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAOctober 27, 2016
Very progressive company. Always looking for opportunity within their industry. Coworkers are fantastic.
Believe in minimal carbon footprint= flexible work hours and ability to work from home (or anywhere). Not worried about where you do your work, just that you get it done.
Hey, you get to work in Santa Cruz.
Pros
Awesome work environment, best tools to do your work, flexible work hours
Cons
Little promotion from within, pay is lower than in Silicon Valley.
Great company and products, employee centric,
Lead Engineer Manufacturing test (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAAugust 2, 2016
Typical day involved reviewing new product design schematics and plastics for test compatibility or new requirements. Represent Test Engineering in new product meetings and consult new product design Engineers. Review manufacturing test data for failure trends from multiple manufacturing sites. Work with local and remote manufacturing engineers to resolve failure trends. Maintain 98% yields at all manufacturing sites and increase production 15% annually. Document test systems, test fixtures, test specifications.

My manager was always very supportive. And as Lead Test Eng, I lead and worked with a group of fellow long term Engineers. This required that I multi task, meet schedules and work with multi language Engineers at international sites.

I enjoyed that it was a high paced environment with, new product designs and requirements released regularly. Mixed in with the legacy product support.
Pros
In house cafeteria with great food, beautiful rural like location, In house gym
Cons
None, always a great place to work!
Productive and fun workplace with many activities plan during the year.
Order Management Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAMay 9, 2016
I loved to work for Plantronics, because is a very good place to work for, my typical day of work it was. I checked my emails, making sure to ship any rash orders. I respond to all my emails , then I process all the orders receive, make sure I contact other departments to release orders and to make sure we have the material to ship the orders. I help my cooworkers with their orders if they need help too.

The most enjoyable part it was when we ship all orders on time and received an email from customers saying thank you to us for shipping every thing on time. Also have a very good relationship with them, communicating every day with them it was a plus.
Fun place - No long term prospects
Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAFebruary 25, 2016
Loved the culture, friendly atmosphere but there is lack of younger generation in the company. No high risks are taken. Time for the management to bring a change!
Continuously improving workplace, Moderate benefits, and Great place to work
Sr. QA Lab Technician, then to Technical Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAFebruary 18, 2016
Plantronics is the premier headset manufacturer for the world. They have a GREAT quality philosophy that translates into excellent long lasting products. Thus, it is their best reputation. Recently work has accelerated to a much faster pace, signaling a serious change in philosophy, however. The focus on software may be the cause of this, plus an incursion of personnel from other companies joining the management team. For a 50 + year old company to survive into the IoT, and software metrics world, It is probably a necessary transition. The co-workers are more Family than associates, as they all do truly care deeply for each other, The general feel of co-operation & collegiality is fairly intrinsic in the culture. I have managed to solve puzzles, highly technical ones, for most of my 10 year career here, along with guaranteeing the product quality level. Creating & ensuring we have made the same level of quality in an innovative new product, as has been made in the past, creates a level of deep satisfaction for most of the employees. I have been well educated by Plantronics, but also they have benefitted from my skills.
Pros
Free fruit twice a week, heathy choice food at the Cafe, We have our own hydroponic garden!
Cons
Prefer not to state
Great Company, however was recently laid off
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 30, 2015
Great Work Life company, pay is above average, great place to work at. However was effected by lay/off. However it was a nice place to work, will go back if offered.
Pros
allow you to work home
Cons
lay off
Great Company
SENIOR PRODUCT MANAGER - SOFTWARE (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CASeptember 18, 2015
Great place to work, doesn't pay well. Have annual events such as Olympics and free food on the first and last Fridays of the month. People who work there are really wonderful and helpful.
Pros
free food days twice a month
Cons
low pay
Decent Company
Escalation Specialist Lead (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 5, 2015
Okay place to work. Management doesn't know what they are doing half the time (in my experience.) Most enjoyable part of the job was building a relationship with coworkers. If you work at the main corporate office you have more perks.
Pros
Stress free enviornment.
Cons
No job security.
Gym
Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAApril 9, 2015
-Nice company to work-
-Nice Gym
-good working Enviorment
-Nice Menagement
-Nice Co workers

Nice Company to work helpful co workers
Productive and fun place to work
Sr Manager, Business Intelligence Applicantion (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAFebruary 24, 2015
Excellent place to work, where you can maintain work-life balance. Excellent management team. Very friendly and flexible work environment.
Productive and Innovative every day
PACKAGING ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAFebruary 26, 2014
I loved working at Plantronics. Working in a fast paced environmnet help me develop managerial and technical skills.

Hard working people, Huge company.
Pros
Payment and continuous improvement trainings
Cons
Huge Company, very hard to develop new projects
great company with very friendly coworkers
Intern (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJanuary 9, 2014
Everyone is friendly and helpful. The atmosphere is great.
good parties open bar great people
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  santa cruz, caOctober 11, 2013
started in production. ended up in customer service. fun people good environment.
Supervisor micromanages
Shipping Clerk (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 27, 2013
Work place has cameras everywhere to view employee performance and workplace security. Lunches and brakes are strictly managed and so is the work time down to the minute.
Pros
It is a good learning experience.
Cons
to much, he said, she said.....
Not a good place to work after recent lay offs
UC Supply Demand Analyst (Current Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CAJanuary 29, 2013
The whole executive management has changed. It is not really good place to work for after January lay off's which were not at all justified
A stable and friendly working place
Senior Software Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Cruz, CANovember 1, 2012
Love to work in this company. nice location, nice co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plantronics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2