Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator
American Roller Company/Plasma Coatings in Union Grove, WI is seeking an Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Coordinator to join our expanding team.
The EHS Coordinator will perform day-to-day environmental, health and safety responsibilities for multiple sites located throughout the United States. This includes; implementing the organization’s safety program, working with personnel throughout the organization to maintain a safe and healthy work environment, monitoring facility and processes for adherence to OSHA, EPA, WDNR, DOT, and local regulations/guidelines, the elimination of industrial accidents, conduct environmental recordkeeping/monitoring/reporting, provide assistance with environmental permit applications, implementing corporate EHS policies/procedures and assisting with internal EHS audits. This position will need to work closely with cross-functional teams throughout the organization. This position may also support Human Resource Department functions as needed.
Due to the needs of the position you will need to travel up to 20% to develop a firsthand understanding of the wider organizational challenges and to perform internal EHS audits.
REQUIRED RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety & Environment, Industrial Hygiene, Chemistry, Environmental Science or related degree program
- A minimum of two years of Experience in EHS
- Demonstrated experience and understanding of OSHA, EPA, WDNR, DOT and local requirements
- Excellent knowledge of safety equipment and standards.
- Proven implementation experience with EMS and ISO programs
Additional Skills Preferred:
- Certification/Technical Skills Preferred: CHMM, CSP, CIH, or PE.
- Professional mannerisms and personal maturity.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving skills; the ability to ask the right questions, help frame logical conclusions and arrive at effective solutions
- Significant hands-on experience doing EHS training.
- Strong verbal and written communication competencies.
Union Grove, Wisconsin
Up to 20% travel to plant locations may be required.
Please Apply At:
About American Roller
American Roller Company, celebrating 75 years in the industrial roller business, is the premier engineered solutions supplier of industrial rollers used in a wide variety of manufacturing processes. With several facilities located in the United States, it services, designs and manufactures a full range of rollers, along with specialty roller coverings and coatings. Founded in 1938, American Roller is committed to providing its valued customers ever-improving roller performance. For more information, please visit http://www.americanroller.com/.
About Plasma Coatings
Plasma Coatings, a division of American Roller, has manufacturing facilities in the United States and China, along with international licensees around the world. It specializes in corrosion, wear and release coatings through metalizing, overlay and plasma spray techniques. Turn-key machining services and on-site coatings are also available. Plasma Coatings provides the highest level of service in quality, responsiveness and availability. For more information, please visit http://www.plasmacoatings.com/.