Plaster Group is a business and technology consulting company. We are looking to hire a QA Lead with with 4+ years lead experience in driving and monitoring the QA process. The ideal candidate will have experience working with multiple teams, managing and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced environment, cross-team collaboration, and have excellent communication skills. Mentors and directs other QA analysts.
- Manages the QA activities for multiple projects, software releases, and sustainment throughout the software development and test phases.
- Provides leadership and consulting on QA methodologies.
- Provides status report information, escalates issues and problems demanding management attention and resolution.
- Mentors and directs other QA analysts, promoting team-building and professional development.
- Ensures requirements and design artifacts undergo reviews to proactively validate appropriate applicability, accuracy, feasibility, usability, clarity, and testability.
- Manages the development and maintenance of QA test plans, scenarios, cases and scripts.
- Responsible for defining and maintaining QA testing best practices, initiates and documents processes and procedures improvements.
- Leads the continuous improvement of QA practices, tools and methodologies. Assesses impacts on related business, functional, development and test teams.
- Researches and recommends new technologies and methods.
- Monitors and communicates progress of overall QA activities and recommends changes to the strategies and processes to ensure that quality standards and practices are being followed.
- Leads and manages data, environment and configuration requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8 - 10 years’ experience in software requirements, development or testing with creating and executing QA test plans, scenarios, cases, checklists and scripts.
- 4+ years’ leadership and management experience including an understanding of project management processes and related tools.
- Proven thought leadership and results leading QA teams.
- Track record of exceptional partnering across a wide-array of internal business groups, stakeholders and execution partners.
- Experience with programming languages and script development.
- Deep understanding of device testing, SDK testing, use of emulators, ability to look to external resources e.g. companies that will test your product on 250 devices (happy path) or 100 devices (deeper testing).
- Must understand what tools, accelerators etc. are available in the market.
- Knowledge of SDLC concepts, lean and agile best practices, environment and configuration management, and test management methodologies and practices.
- Proven ability to develop Test Plans, Conditions, Scenarios, Scripts and Measurements.
- Strong ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Respect for the individual and his or her contributions
- Actively listens to client and teammates; makes others better
- Critical thinker
- Positive attitude in challenging environments
- Driven to produce a quality product; is goal-oriented
Fulltime salaried position with benefits. Must be able to work onsite in the Seattle area (not a remote position). Criminal background check required for all employees. For more info, please visit our website at http://www.plastergroup.com .