Plaster Group LLC is a business and technology consulting company. We are looking to hire a BI Business/Technical Analyst who has excellent communication and problem solving skills. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience leading data warehousing and/or business intelligence analysis efforts. This person is expected to have high proficiency in understanding business processes, gathering requirements from users, and designing solutions to meet the requirements. An understanding of Enterprise Data Warehousing and Enterprise Data Management is required. Also, a proven track record of managing stakeholder relationships across organizational levels is important to success in this position.
- Work closely with business users at all levels to gather and gain understanding of business needs.
- Understand and effectively communicate at both a business and technical level.
- Facilitate conversations with the business, drive functional design, POCs and planning.
- Assist with development and maintenance of work plans, estimates, and timelines.
- Define and communicate targeted functional solution via functional design specifications and source-to-target mapping documents.
- Analyze and prepare recommendations to address existing and potential trouble areas in technical solutions and data/information processes.
- Drive iterative solution design, prototyping efforts and lead user reviews of functionality.
- Assess proposed solutions to determine which solution best fits the business need, identify gaps and short comings in solutions, and determine necessary workarounds or changes to the solution.
- Participate in solution testing efforts by coordinating test execution and validating test results.
- Communicate status, risks, issues and key decisions made to end users and project managers.
- Identify, develop and define key business metrics, assist in the tracking of metrics, and make recommendations to the business on implications and actions required based on performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, MIS or related field or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years of working as a business, data or technical analyst with experience in the plan, analyze and design phases of system implementation life cycle.
- 7+ years of experience analyzing data and reporting needs and translating these to business, functional and technical requirements.
- 5+ years of proven experience delivering data and reporting solutions with a strong understanding of BI concepts. This would include the ability to right-size a solution/effort, strong partnership to build in all necessary aspects of a solution.
- Strong SQL, Excel and data analysis skills. Experience with the Microsoft BI stack preferred.
- Experience in Enterprise-level BI solutions with strong skills and proficiency with Business Intelligence methodologies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – soft skills, good bedside manners are extremely important in this role.
- Ability to get along with various personalities (business users, system analysts, project managers, developers, testers, etc.) is crucial.
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical abilities and business acumen.
- Self-starter that can deal with ambiguity.
- Agile/SCRUM knowledge is preferred.
- Capacity to learn new technologies quickly and be “hands-on” with the technical solution.
- Respect for the individual and his or her contributions.
- Actively listens to client and teammates; makes others better.
- Critical thinker.
- Positive attitude in challenging environments.
- Driven to produce a quality product; is goal-oriented.
Fulltime salaried position with benefits. Must be physically located in the Seattle area. Criminal background check required for all employees. For more info, please visit www.plastergroup.com
Indeed - 10 months ago
Plaster Group is a business and technology consulting company that focuses on helping their clients achieve the right outcomes. Companies...