TOOLING MANAGER, INJECTION MOLDS
My client is a leader in the injection molded products industry, and they are looking for a skilled Tooling Manager to manage all tooling related items in the plant, including staffing, tool maintenance and repair, new tooling projects, etc.
- This company represents the “state-of-the-art” in injection Molding. They drive profits and sales through innovation, not quoting the cheapest price.
- The tooling manager is a key player on a small executive team. Your input will be critical to the overall operation.
- This will be your department to manage. Working in conjunction with HR, you will staff all shifts and working with operations, schedule all PM, repairs, and trials, and be responsible for everything tooling related.
- You will be a key part of procuring the tools that are built off-site and not a fit for our tool shop.
Desired Qualifications for Tooling Manager
- We prefer that the Tooling Manager has BS in Mechanical Engineering or similar degree, but we will consider all qualified candidates regardless of formal education.
- 4 years of Injection Molding Tooling Department Management; either from a custom tooling manufacturer or a captive tool shop in a molding company.
- Strong management skills, with proven experience building a team of tool makers and tool maintenance employees.
- Strong knowledge of Injection Mold construction, including Tool Steel, cavitation, pressure transducers, gates, runners, polishing, repair, rebuild, etc…
- The Tooling Manager will have demonstrated project management skills for tool procurement and product introduction and experience sourcing tooling.
- Experience managing outside tool shops to control costs and deliver excellence.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position