Plastipak Packaging, Inc.

Plastipak Packaging, Inc. Employee Reviews

Moterate to fast paced evironment ,interesting.
Temporary Tech (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CADecember 1, 2016
A tipical day at work i learned to work with heavy machinery that delt with the product in which it would be tested and checked before pallitized and shipped to warehouse
Stay Away
Operator (Former Employee) –  Highlands, TXNovember 29, 2016
This company has new management that are making bad product and shipping it to the customer all in the name of profits. If you care about the quality of work you do. Stay Away from here
Best job ever
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Madina OhioNovember 23, 2016
This job helped me learn how to live inn and off the clock. I know how to run 9 machines and drive fork lift now. I learned how to get along with people that was way too smart in the technology and machine area. I became team leader in 6mouths. Plastipak is a great place to start.
Pros
Mike Cooper
Cons
Rich
Very Productive work place
Quality Auditor/ Technician (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 18, 2016
Great Company to work for!!! Work/Life balance is amazing. Never a dull moment when I go into work. I am always informed of what is going on. The key leaders have done an excellent job in making it a better place to work.
Pros
Cons
None I can think of.
Fast Pace Environment. Poor communicaton
SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Jackson Center, OHNovember 17, 2016
Its an okay job, but there is no empowerment. I have not had the ability to learn anything more than the minimal for job duties. You will not learn anything to help improve your career. Management is strong, but communication is horrible.
verry fast pased job
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  MarylandNovember 10, 2016
we worked 12 hour days there and it was 3 days one week and 4 days the next, I was always very busy keeping up with the production. the coworkers were nice and people would help each other to get the job done.
Pros
good pay, set scedual
Cons
verry fast pase
very productive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  duncan rd champaign ilNovember 2, 2016
Great place to work , great environment the staff are really nice an polite. The company is very understanding and caring... The security is great a i enjoyed working with supervisors
Pros
like the staff
Cons
alot of young people
working with easy going staff.
Downstream Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson Center, OHOctober 20, 2016
I went to work as a downstream up on the upper level in the factory. I packed unstacked boxes onto a machine and kept watch to make sure that the machine was running properly. If there were any complications with the machine, I fixed them. I learned how to fix a machine that on the daily, I had problems with. I worked with nice and prosperous people. If I had a question or concern, I could always ask a co-worker and they would do their best to answer my question or help me fix the problem. The hardest part of the job was the heavy and constant lifting. The best and most enjoyable part of the job was the people that I worked with, it was a very enjoyable job.
Pros
The wonderful people I got to meet and work with.
Cons
Very strenuous work.
Ok
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Jackson Center, OHOctober 5, 2016
A lot of mandatory overtime not good. I enjoy working there, but always adding job responsibilities to an already overloaded list. Labor is hard and intensive.
Benefits
Cons
A lot of overtime.
be ready to work 60 hours a week
leader (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIOctober 3, 2016
If your can tolerate a lot you can work here.
and be ready to work a lot of overtime without and time and a half!
they constantly fail to hire reliable associates to work there. and they
treat current associates badly.
Job problems
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 16, 2016
Over all it is a ok place to work for but it would be a lot better place if they could have better temp agency service. I like how willing management/ H.R. is when it come to working out problems.
Productive work place
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Champaign, ILSeptember 12, 2016
It's a very much stable Job. Doesn't give you much your for advancement. The pay could be better considering your working 12 hr shifts.
Pros
Consistent paycheck
Cons
Those 4 12 hour days
Poorly managed and your hard work is unappreciated !!!
Comedian (Former Employee) –  McCalla, ALAugust 31, 2016
"talent management" made this place seem like it was the best company to work for in the good ole USA; sadly that isn't the case here. Lets start with your job title as a "Machine Operator" on the application ****Machine Operator
Tends to a group blow molding machines that processes plastic containers.

Responsbile for visual and systemic quality checks.

Makes mechanical adjustments to equipment.

Takes initiative to reach department/company goals including safety, quality and reliability. ****

Is what is listed for requirements to fill the position. Little do they tell you these mechanical adjustments are what maintenance staff should take care of but typically do not have the time to address so there for you have poor reliability and a ton of down time because their machines are constantly falling apart. Like any other machine you have to do PREVENTIVE MAINTENANCE on them for them to run. The turn over rate at this place is exceptionally high, Poor management and bad attitudes would be my guess at why. You have people that really work hard but then you have the ones always on their phone not doing their job while the other guy does it for them and then when it's time for your evaluation you get a score that the guy that stayed on his phone got, so why continue to try when Clicky Fingers Mgee takes 1 hour breaks and is no where to found. There is a lot of favoritism here also.

The hardest part of this job would be doing someone else's job.

The most enjoyable part of this job is when I walk out.

Your co-workers typically are nowhere to found.

more... is a JOKE!

Really high deductible and poor coverage.

Lastly no time and a half only straight pay.
Pros
Work schedule.
Cons
Straight pay, understaffed, benefits, pay, attitudes, favoritism, and management.
If you like OT and a stable company this is it
Production (Current Employee) –  Medina, OHAugust 13, 2016
If you are young and single and want to work your but off 6-7 days a week this is the place. The OT is basically unlimited but a lot of it is mandatory, especially in the summer. Pay is pretty good, especially with all the OT. I used to work in steel. Pay was higher but steel industry is up and down. Got sick of layoffs. If you have a family or lots of outside interests this is not your place. Too many hours required. I've worked for a few different "Team Leaders" Some are pretty good they look at you as part of the team. Others not so much. Management is slow to replace the bad ones. They let you post for different openings though so if you hate your boss you can just move to a different department that has a better one.
Pros
pay, especially with lots of OT and no layoffs
Cons
hours, lot of it mandatory
Slave plant
Injection and Blow Mold Technician (Former Employee) –  Highlands, TXAugust 9, 2016
Upper management is really bad. And that is an understatement.
Your ideas mean nothing there, and what the boss says goes no questions asked.

Didn't enjoy much my time there.
This company is a great opportunity for communities
FORKLIFT DRIVER (Current Employee) –  Champaign, ILJuly 21, 2016
I review this company to have many safety regulations , routine performance evaluations and micro managing leaders. I droved a forklift for 12 hours of the day with an hour of break time.
Its time for a union!
Process tech (Current Employee) –  Medina OhioJuly 13, 2016
Watch your back. They promise all sorts of things and don't follow through. Everyone's leaving and they aren't hiring people fast enough. It's so hot and they work us to death. It's time to get a union!
Pros
Coworkers
No time and a half after 40 hours
Hi-Lo Driver (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIJuly 11, 2016
Job is pretty easy once you learn all the different areas as a Hilo driver. Most of the other Hilo drivers are nice and easy to work with. High employee turnover rate. No time and a half paid after 40 hours. Always short staffed year round. Leaders want you to work 6 or 7 days a week. Not a good place to work if you have a family. You get vacation days but no sick/personal days. Seniority doesn't mean anything when new higher up positions open up, they promote who they like, not who works the hardest or who's been there longer. Always short staffed on nights, some leaders will get on a Hilo and help out, but most just sit in the office playing on a cell phone or sleeping.
Pros
Hilo drivers are friendly and willing to help you out. Free pop on Thursdays.
Cons
No time and a half. Long hours. Don't care if you have a family. Always short staffed.
Fire happy
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Plant City, FLJune 18, 2016
If you work there and mess up one time management will make you wait till the end of your shift and ask you what happened and later that day your team lead will inform you. You've been fired there is no second chance with them they easily replace you because it's the plastipak way
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, hot, everyone is out to get you fired, managment
Very Busy
Downstream Technician (Former Employee) –  Jackson Center, OHJune 15, 2016
You never knew if you were going to get a day off. Worked 3 months straight without a day off and not by choice when others never had to work weekends or overtime at all.

2.8