Plated Employee Reviews

The co-workers were cool and the environment was colder.
Temp/Prep room worker (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 2, 2017
It was a cold job inside of a refrigerated warehouse. It was nice to meet so many different people and the work wasn't particularly hard. It was really more nitpicking than anything when it came to working there. Some times, depending on what section you were in, was where problems arose and being a temp you could get chopped easily.
what i learned
Team Lead/Porter (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYAugust 29, 2017
how to work as a team to get the job done at a fast paced. Communication is the key. To lead and set by and example. To be on top of things and make sure it gets completed.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  511 barry streetAugust 12, 2017
It is a cold environment but made the best of it. People where friendly. Productive, fun, enjoyable. Enjoyed doing over time. Food truck outside. Access to mass transit
Excellent environment, and great leadership
Senior Team Member (Current Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILJuly 24, 2017
This is a very new, and exciting company to work for. Hard work is noticed by higher-ups, and there is a positive attitude throughout. Hours are flexible, and there is opportunity for advancement abundant.
Pros
Flexible Work Schedules
Cons
No guaranteed end time
busy, loud sometimes got messy
Porter (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 17, 2017
always busy with truck loads, people sometimes became too messy. workers always greeting and sometimes friendly.i learned how to break down boxes with a machine different cultures was welcomed my most enjoyable part working was being able to walk around and not always be in every ones face even though i am a people person and get along with others.cleaning and being able to walk was enjoyable
Pros
hand sanitizers, vending machines
Cons
poor security
A multi tasking job at an up and coming start-up.
Supervisor, Shipping and Receiving (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 5, 2017
A start-up company that requires you to be an all around manager. The general manger is a pleasure to work with and is always supportive. Must be able to work overtime.
Food Production in a freezer
TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 16, 2017
If you a regular crew member you will start working at 7am and you don't have time to go home ,you will be there into the company closed that will be between 5pm to 8pm , if you are working thru a agency give you the hours and days but you still have to stay into they finish. You will be working in a cold freezer between 40 degrees and 25 ,so you need to put a heavy coat to work and hat, gloves, and much more that you bring from your house . The co-workers are nice and respectful if you treat them with the same respect .I have a wonderful experience I start with a agency and they hire me after 6 months as a Team Lead I learn a lot in the company is just the cold temperatures make me a lot sick and I have to leave the job.
Pros
Pay and good co-workers
Cons
Too cold
Productive easy going and good hours
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYMay 12, 2017
Well balanced work place
Good work environment
Very well managed and a learning experience
As long as the job is done with team work we can fulfill our daily task
Pros
Free meals on fridays
Cons
Long days
Tons of fun
Associate (Former Employee) –  Union City, CAMarch 20, 2017
Pick n pack all you do every day is measure vegetables in the rooms. Management was awful when i worked there was very unprofessional. Hardest part is when you have to pick n pack on certain days.
Cons
Short Breaks stand all the time
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Director (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 14, 2017
Plated is a growing start up a fast paced workplace. It is an enjoyable place to work. There is not a tone of work life balance since operations are 7 days a week so weekends can quickly turn into working the entire time. Overall you learn a lot about the food industry
Very productive and positive work place
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 13, 2017
Working for plated was a very good experience. Many opportunities for advancement very good benefit package and the star is pleasant
A very company
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 12, 2017
A good company and job for someone who is looking to have experience in food services and the people there are very interested in showing people grow within the company
Pros
Excellent company
Great experience
Warehouse Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYFebruary 4, 2017
in the beginning I found the job to be challenging. I witness a lot of days seeing the accomplishment of a lot of teadious preparation to prepare for our daily customers. After a year I seen how the company started to grown and adjustments were made daily to accommodate the business and the direction.
Cons
Proper breaks hours can be long but could beneficial at times
Productive place to work
Quality Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 9, 2017
I was able to start working at plated during the beginning stages of the company opening. I was able to excel and get promoted to a supervisory position. During my time there I enjoyed my job very much I just didn't like the type of employees that were hired. Very unmotivated crowd of people
Lively, Fun and Chill
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 4, 2016
I love this job! You work with some pretty dynamic and fun people, and the top management knows your name and doesn't make you feel like another member of the team. Company events and a cool culture.
Pros
free snacks, company outings, company activities, great pay
Cons
pto policy needs some rework (at least if you are an hourly employee)
Prejudice, unprofessional and stressful
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Union City, CAAugust 26, 2016
Overall working at plated is an alright job but all the favouritism and prejudices going on is ridiculous. HR is a big issue considering he has no people skills what so ever. The warehouse is so dirty and nothing is sanitized I like to wipe my feet on the way out lol. It seems as if they only hire Mexicans who can't speak english and got rid of all the asian and blacks. I honestly hate most of the people lol dont like feeling like im in high school.
Pros
Hours
productive and fun environment
PACKER (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 26, 2016
I simply just enjoyed all the different meals I got to pack and send out to people all over the world. I also love how fast they are expanding.
A job filled with favoritism, racism and overall disorder
Warehouse Worker/Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYJune 15, 2016
Working around adults I assumed I would learn to be more mature. However, the individuals are some of the loudest, ghetto-est people ive ever meet. The labor is boring and repetitive and there is no room for growth.
Pros
Descent hours and wages
Cons
Building, people, nature of the work, location of the work, pretty much everything
Management can improve tremendously
Team member (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 2, 2016
Good management and communication was lacking at Plated. All of the supervisors were unprofessional and would demonstrate favoritism over certain employees. The hardest part of the job was dealing with that. It stopped me from working to my full potential.
Drama mess
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILApril 27, 2016
If you feel like re-living high school it's a great place to work. Seriously though, way too much unnecessary drama and problem starting over nothing. Management plays favorites and they promote people that shouldn't really be promoted.
Pros
use to get free lunch on Mondays, health insurance
Cons
everything

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plated. Our community is ready to answer.