Outstanding Physician Assistant – Family Practice Opportunity, Little Rock AFB, AR. Excellent Opportunity for Physician Assistants to support our military and their families!
- Excellent Pay & Benefits!
- $10,000 Sign-On Bonus!
- Relocation Assistance Available!
- Full Time Position Days, Monday – Friday!
- NO Weekends! NO Holidays! NO Call!
- Malpractice Insurance Provided!
DUTIES: Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Provides primary or specialty medical care with the cognizance or supervision of a physician.
- Responsible for a regularly appointed clinic, compatible with workload and, in addition, provide immediate evaluation and management of emergent problems as they occur. Shall have the capability to:
- Collect and record, in proper format, medical and social historical data appropriate to the patient's condition.
- Perform a general physical examination.
- May become the primary care manager (PCM) for a panel of patients. As a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of the health and wellness of assigned patients. Duties include:
- Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
- Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and implementation of treatment plans.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
- Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of clinic staff.
- Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
- Admit inpatients as per the local Military Treatment Facility (MTF) instructions.
- Recognize those more complicated cases, initiate treatment (if appropriate), and refer to a higher level of medical expertise for diagnosis and/or treatment.
- Plan and initiate proper treatment within defined privileges and the scope of practice of the facility.
- Identify and report those situations and individual cases which have public health significance and carry out effective control measures.
- Clearly communicate to other health personnel either orally or in writing the findings, diagnosis, and planned treatment regimen.
- Stabilize and manage a patient in a medical or surgical emergency and/or transfer to physician care.
- Determine appropriate means of evacuation of emergency patients, prepare patients for evacuation, and arrange for evacuation support.
- Perform the following blocks: Digital, Local Infiltration, and Intercostal
- Perform urological procedures.
- Maintain inpatient and outpatient medical records in accordance with MTF procedures.
- Education: Be a graduate of a Physician Assistant Training Program accredited by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), or its predecessors, and acceptable to the Surgeon General, USAF, is mandatory. Be a graduate Physician Assistant qualified by academic and practical education to provide patient services as a physician extender under supervision of a physician.
- Licensure: Possess current unrestricted license to practice as a physician assistant in one of the fifty states, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Certification: 1) Certification as a Physician Assistant by the National Committee on Certification Physician Assistants (NCCPA) is required. 2) Possess and maintain a current BLS certification (American Heart Association – Healthcare Provider).
- Experience: Have a least 24 months of experience as a Physician Assistant within the last 36 months.
- Must be a U.S citizen and have the ability to pass a background check/security clearance.
STAFFING & SCHEDULING:
- Services shall be provided between the hours of 0730 hours to 1630 hours Monday through Friday. A one hour unpaid break will be given during the shift as determined by the clinic.
APPLY ON LINE: (If needed, cut and past the following link to your web browser.)
Indeed - 7 months ago
Platinum Business Corporation, provides experienced and committed health care personnel and related health care services to the federal...