Platinum Renovations is looking to immediately fill a Renovation Estimator position.
Note: If you do not meet the Education and Experience Requirements, Please do not apply for this position as your resume will be purged. Please do not call our offices or personnel as you will be immediately disqualified. We will not pay more than the posted salary amount for any reason so please do not ask for more.
- The Estimator is responsible for writing comprehensive and accurate client proposals for the company. This role is responsible for being part of a team of highly productive persons that can meet and exceed revenue expectations, as well as the needs of our existing and potential customers. The Estimator is responsible for precise job costing, job profitability, and customer service of our client base. This position requires a strong, principle centered leader.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Identifies resources needed.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of all bids and scopes.
- Effectively applies our methodology and enforces bid standards.
- Minimizes our exposure and risk on projects.
- Ensures bid documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Creates project budgets.
- Helps the organization create additional pricing and bidding models.
- Facilitates Subcontractor, team and client meetings effectively as needed.
- Effectively communicates relevant bid information to superiors.
- Writes client bids utilizing templates with accurate information and pricing.
- Works with the Sales team to determine and deliver appropriate bids to Clients.
- Reviews, prepares, and submits any forms and reports related to the bid as directed.
- Accurate review and estimating from plans or existing structures.
- Create computerized drawings as needed for an accurate bid.
- Create accurate RFP’s (Requests for Proposals) for Clients to use to for their bidding purposes as needed.
- Have the ability to create RFI’s (Requests for Information).
- Maintains cost keys and price masters by updating information.
- Ability to interface with Clients in a professional way in order to determine Client’s needs.
- Obtains bids from subcontractors as needed.
- Scope of work creation for Clients and subcontractors.
- Ensures bids have been completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Provides excellent customer service to prospective and current clients.
- Ability to accurately bid different types of jobs. (i.e. Interior & exterior painting, roofing, siding (all types), wood replacement, drywall, and interior & exterior renovations of Commercial and Multi-Family properties)
- Compile an accurate list of materials for each bid for purchase when awarded.
- Participates in Company-provided training such as safety, non-discrimination, and harassment prevention.
- Complies with all company standards, applicable health and safety rules and regulations, as well as applicable local, state, and federal laws.
- Assists Sales team with sales tasks as needed.
- Assists the Project Management team as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Overtime as needed.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with internal organization and customer organizations.
- Proven track record as an Estimator that can achieve results.
- Ability to understand the Sales, Project Management and construction cycles.
- Excellent communication, presentation skills, and ability to relate to others.
- Ability to set sales goals and define vision for organization, set expectations, and manage to expectations.
- Strong coaching and influencing skills.
- Ability to use a personal computer or other computer tracking systems used by the company.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft products to include Word and Excel.
- Ability to use general office equipment, such as telephone, fax machine, printer, and copier.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Strong ability to perform mathematical functions.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to make quick and effective decisions.
- Ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Ability to negotiate, influence and gain consensus.
- Ability to set and meet goals.
- Ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain flexibility and creativity in a variety of situations.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to drive an automobile.
- Current driver license and automobile insurance.
Education and/or Experience Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a thorough understanding of computers.
- Minimum of 5 years of previous and recent experience in renovation estimating is required.
- Must be able to fluently use CAD programs.
- Must be able to fluently use MS Excel.
- Must maintain professional appearance and comply with prescribed uniform policy.
- Ability to be at work on a regular and consistent basis; More than 40 hours may be required for this position.
- Travel may be required.
- $45,000 - $50,000 per year (depending on experience).
- Vehicle allowance and maintenance expenses paid.
- Health/dental care allowance after 6 months.
- End of the year profit sharing.
Indeed - 17 months ago
We are a company that specializes in Multi-Family, HOA and Commercial renovations. As a company we offer services that are of the highest...