Plato's Closet Employee Reviews

Good Staff
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJune 23, 2017
Was a nice place to start as a first job, but not to stay. Management was horrible and schedules were always being changed, even last minute. The day of you didnĀ“t know when you were working until they called you.
Pros
Discounts, breaks
Cons
Great job, not much stability
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 22, 2017
i truly enjoy the time I spend here,management is not amazing but my manager would work with me on personal stuff. fast-paced and a lot more physical work than expected
Cons
breaks and angry customers
Friendly environment
Inventory Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJune 22, 2017
A typical day at work is very calm, but efficient. Everyone on staff is friendly, hard working, and helpful to customers. I have learned how to better communicate with customers, time efficiency , and patience.The management is very professional, communicating issues should they arise, and making sure everyone on staff is comfortable. The hardest part of the job i would say is making sure in crazy situations in the store when it gets busy, is remembering to help out as much as you can with other tasks so they get done.The Most enjoyable part of the job is working with other people toward the same goal.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Shorter breaks
it was a job that kept me on my feet
Customer Service, Sales and Racking (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 21, 2017
I learned a lot of patience working at Platos closet . my managers were understandable and didnt give me a hard time. the hardest part about my job i would say was dealing with the clothes and sorting through them . the most enjoyable part was interacting with the guest and seeing their smiling faces.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Computers
Plato's
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ankeny, IA 50021June 21, 2017
A typical day at plato's is one where you consider stepping out in front of traffic. It's stressful, hostile, and filled with drama because it's mostly petty high school girls working there. Not everyone is awful, but very few are trustworthy, and friendly individuals. I learned how to tag and sensor, the rest is basic common sense. The management is a mess could be compared to hurricane Katrina. The hardest part of the job is putting up with unappealing customers, and co-workers. Most are rude and stuck up. The only positive of the job is the discount.
Pros
Discount
Cons
everything else
expectations
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIJune 21, 2017
You better have tough skin to work her. People tend to get very upset when you reject there clothes. or have a very expanded vocabulary so you can very nicely reject them.
Pros
discount
Cons
customers
Fast paced and fun.
Sales Associate/Buyer in training (Current Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 20, 2017
If you like working with a lot of fun and fashionable people, Plato's is your place. Everyone is really close and helpful, and it's a positive environment.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Rude customers
Productive and Fun
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, TNJune 15, 2017
Fun positive work enviroment. Perfect for a first time job. Unfortunatley consistant hours are limmited so dont expect to bring home a consistant paycheck.
Fun place to work
MANAGER/SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJune 14, 2017
I loved the environment here and the people I worked with. Always room for advancement within positions. They train you very well and help you out along the way.
very good job for young teens
Key Holder (Management) (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 14, 2017
to start the day, completing task in the morning, start to buy clothes as soon and the customers start to come in, tag the clothes and make sure they are all out on the floor by the end of that day.
Faced-paced, fun, and creative job
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Snellville, GAJune 14, 2017
-Faced-paced and fun
-Learned excellent problem solving skills, along with patience
-Management was flexible and nice
-Workplace culture was welcoming and helpful
-Customers were difficult at times, specifically when they were displeased with their quote after selling clothing
-The uniqueness and excitement of the job was my favorite part
Not too bad.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJune 14, 2017
Flexible schedule. Main downside was just not enough hours. The staff is extremely friendly and open to making the work place enjoyable. Not bad for a part time job.
It was a fun first job!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNJune 13, 2017
One week you work 5 days, others you will work 1-2 shifts. It is a good first job but anything after that, I would not recommend it. It is easy to get hired so that is a plus & they are usually always hiring.
Pros
Friends, small store
Cons
Short breaks, long shifts
Little pay
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJune 8, 2017
So much work for little pay.. Management not that great always micro managing... People do double the work and no over time just expected to stay and work all day
Good place to work at
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rib Mountain, WIJune 8, 2017
Had a lot of fun working there but had to quit because i moved, but loved working there. The atmosphere was excellent, the customers were very nice, the staff was very friendly and easy to work with.
Fun customers. Employees aren't very welcoming.
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Jackson, TNJune 8, 2017
If you work here, you have to be very mentally and emotionally strong. Manager is very nice, but other employees are not. Fun job if you love fashion!
Horrible Job with Horrible Pay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXJune 8, 2017
The management at my job played favorites. People who only worked a week got promoted while I worked my butt off only to get yelled at for other people's mistakes. The only reason I stayed was that the customers were super nice. This was by far the worst job I've ever had.
Cons
Management, No benefits, Poor hours, Poor pay, No room for growth
Like my job ...
Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Wethersfield, CTJune 8, 2017
A typical day at work w/o trainees I would be on a buy counter, that's where we look through the clothes that come in, to see what we want to take in the store. Other then that I would be on the floor teaching the new employees how the store works. What i learned at Plato's is that I am capable of running a team, and that it comes to knowing your team to make it function. Management we had a few different managers at the store, and 2 out of 3 good managers is pretty good. Hardest part of the job is denying people the money when you can tell they need it, but as told to them its company policy. Most enjoyable is the employees and the regular customers that come in, I like seeing the new faces as well. Workplace culture changes with the management that comes into the store, when i first started it was amazing
Pros
Experience
Cons
No healthcare, or way to move up in company.
Don't recommend
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 7, 2017
My typical day was pretty relaxed. I learned really good organizing skills and cleaning quicker. I didn't like the management. Most teen girls work there and that means drama.. lots of drama happens. The hardest part was dealing with the drama and trying to do everything I had to do plus someone else's if they didn't show up. The best part of the job was when everyone got along and there wasn't drama.
Pros
longer breaks if its slow
Cons
lots of drama
fun positive work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clackamas, ORJune 7, 2017
Working at Plato's really is life changing, everyone is so nice and you always feel happy while working. The only downside is that they have a lot of employees, so the hours were slim.
Pros
great management and great staff
Cons
over staffed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Plato's Closet. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8