Platt College Employee Reviews

Quality Education for Students
Adjunct Instructor (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKDecember 27, 2016
I have been an adjunct instructor for Platt College since 2014. I have taught numerous classes and have enjoyed the interactions with the students and other faculty members.
Assisting Students to apply for college
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CADecember 14, 2016
Having a great office, calling the students and assisting them with the process to apply, financial aid, classes, start and graduate.
I've learned a lot, Management was Excellent, co-workers were there for US. Nothing hard knowing what to do. And enjoyed every minute of it.
Pros
Just enjoying every minute from work.
Enjoy
Program Director Surgical Technology (Current Employee) –  OKC, OKNovember 4, 2016
I enjoy working with students, teaching procedures and learning from them everyday. My co-workers are terrific. I love watching my students succeed. If they succeed I succeed!
Great company to work with
Federal Work Study Student (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CANovember 3, 2016
I love that i can be a student and an employee there without being treated any differently. When i am in class i am treated respectfully and accordingly, when i am working i am treated the same way. Platt college is like a big family.
Good team work
Online Faculty for English, Ethics and Sociology (Current Employee) –  Alhambra, CAOctober 13, 2016
I have a multicultural workforce and we have great interaction at work and at lunch time, we eat together and learn of the different cultural foods. Management utilize transformational leadership style, and encourage team work among staff members which give us the opportunity to maximize our potentials.
Pros
work benefits
Cons
little break time
All campuses privately owned. Not a corporation with multiple campuses.
Admissions Representative (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 19, 2016
Aurora, Colorado campus is family owned and only teaches baccalaureate nursing. Staff can get up to $2500 in professional development funds after first year. Small but very friendly environment.
Pros
Free Tuesday lunch and free parking.
Cons
Small company.
Not a positive atmosphere
Administrative Assistant to the Academic Team (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 12, 2016
After Platt college was sold twice it became a nightmare. New Management made promises that were an illusion. The company as a whole micromanaged and kept tabs on everyone. You were recorded on phone calls and monitored on your computer and you were told that they were doing that. Management visited often and made everything sound as if things were going to be fine and would even compliment your work then turn around and let you go the next day.

Anchor and it's subsidiaries were not pleasant to say the least and I was one of the least disgruntled.
Pros
students
Cons
Micro-management. Intrusive and suspicious management, turn-over like crazy, atmosphere is disgruntle
Cut throat work place-Horrible
Director of Financial Aid (Former Employee) –  Moore, OKJune 23, 2016
All about placing blame instead of finding solutions. They say "Team" but they don't practice what they preach. Its actually a harsh working environment with talking down, yelling, and making you feel as if you are less than the scum on the bottom of their shoes!!!
Administrative Assistant to Director (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 9, 2016
no review available for company or coworkers due to legal restrictions in providing such comments. I do not have any other comments to provide
Pros
do not know
Cons
do not know
Going downhill fast
Worker (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAApril 6, 2016
Worked in a department where no one knew their actual duties. You get no respect from co workers they play friendly but everyone talks behind everyone's back. It's a money school so the students run you. My entire department hated their job and said it daily. The students will disrespect you then complain and act like they do no wrong. They are beyond unprofessional I can count on one hand how many will actual keep their jobs after school. It was just nasty daily.
Pros
You make genuine friends. Some students appreciate your help.
Cons
Everyone is disposable and they will let you know, no benefits, admissions is a joke.
No consistence with management.
LPN Classroom & Clinical Instructor (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMarch 16, 2016
Management changed consistently, therefore there seemed to be no chance for job security or advancement. It was difficult to make students feel secure every time management changed.
Pros
Job work/life balance was wonderful
Cons
No job security due to the consistent changes with management.
Decent pay but lots of stress
Admissions Representative (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAJanuary 20, 2016
- Slow business which created slow results which resulted in stress and pressured environment.
-No systematic training for new employees.
- No teamwork and no support.
- Hardest part of the job was staying motivated.
-Most enjoyable part was seeing the students graduate.
Pros
Willing to pay the overtime
Cons
Working 6 days a week was the norm
Very disappointing and discouraging enviornment
Admission Representative (Former Employee) –  Alhambra, CAJanuary 6, 2016
Co-workers were great but I was not allowed to bond and learn from my co-workers.
Management was very unprofessional and not helpful. Discouraged me a lot and placed fear that I could lose my job.
From the beginning of my 1st day of work with Platt, was addressed many times how hard the job is and people lose their jobs if performance is not there. Was addressed many times because I was new with Platt..."all eyes are on me" from my director of admissions. The hardest part going in everyday was knowing I was going to be addressed about how hard my job is. I felt as if my job was threatened based on my supervisors statements and comments. It was very difficult to stay focus and became extremely stressed.

Most enjoyable part of my job were the students I was able to help in the short time I was employed with Platt.
Cons
Didnt feel secure, didnt receive the training needed, Was prohibited to do certain things like reach out for help from my co-workers etc...
Productive and Challenging very busy
PN Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKNovember 2, 2015
Making sure students and staff have want they need. process transcripts, input attendance and grades. Setup clinical rotation for students. Answer phones and emails.
Productive workplace
Assistant to the Campus President (Current Employee) –  Ontario, CAOctober 7, 2015
Great place to work in. The environment is easy going and friendly. I have been with the company for 7 years and have learned a great deal here. Everyone is very knowledgeable and supportive.
culinary
Assist newer students (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 24, 2015
I love the culinary field and working around others. the hardest part is working around others that don't like teamwork
Part-time temporary job
Instructor for Medical Assisting Program (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2015
On a typical day at work I:

Taught students about Medical Assisting responsible
Taught students about the Anatomy and Physiology of the human body
Taught students on how to perform clinical duties
Taught students about the Administrative duties in the medical office
Instructed students on the do’s and do not’s of professionalism
Created a positive, productive learning environment for students
Taught students about the ethical and legal responsibilities of Medical Assisting
Implemented new ways of learning for student success
Pros
Environment Condusive to Learning
Cons
More structure needed
Instructing students and helping them understand curriculum
Instructor for Medical Assisting Program (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 21, 2015
A typical work day at Platt was very productive. I taught students how to operate as a Medical Assistant. It gave me great joy to help the students. Management was under construction and a lot of things and concerns were not able to addressed. The hardest part of the job was to adjust to many managers and their styles.
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Too many managers
An OK place to work
Staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 16, 2015
Overall an ok place to work. Pay for staff isn't that great for living in San Diego and working for a college. The staff and faculty care about the students, however there is a very conservative atmosphere when it comes to advancing the college beyond what it is.

There is a bad "that's not my job" attitude which holds things back from getting done on campus.
Pros
Overall a friendly environment
Cons
rampant laziness
Financial Aid Advisor (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 14, 2015
I enjoyed working at Platt College, I had a great Director, co-works and students. Enjoy atmosphere Loved eating at the restaurant!
Pros
To many to say
Cons
Really none I few bad eggs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Platt College. Our community is ready to answer.